Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm not really playing much lately but :bravo: to the thread title. See you guys when I can spend :10bux: to make a urine blaster

edit: oh and I guess I better add for the new thread- if anyone wants Goontown access Oni Elem and I can grant it after you register there, although some new people don't seem to be able to post. Just tell us here or if you happen to see me (@Wreckerbot) in-game. It's not a busy as it used to be but there are builds for pretty much anything you could want to make posted over there.

Pez fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Youtube theme song link is a glaring omission in that bingo card.

Switching voices mid-bio is another. (example: "Scott was born normal with mutant powers" followed a paragraph later by "I love the night and must crush all villainous angels").

I think you can take Katana off of there now, no one plays Katana. Replace with Beast MM or dark control characters who keep their pet summoned all the time.

Also add non-combat pets always out. The liger should be an instant win.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Futa is missing off the card.

Also, people actually have a few legitimate reasons to be in Atlas and even in Pocket D (Night Ward missions) so they should get the benefit of the doubt.

how about standing under Atlas broadcasting "looking for team" when over level 15

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

You can use part of that 5 bucks to get a monthly invention license to use IOs too.

Change what I said about looking for teams in Atlas to level 30 then. Or 45. Some pubbies never leave.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Every time I get out, they pull me back in

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I miss all the fun stuff. Stupid being broke/wake to go to tonight

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Slung Blade posted:

God dammit, stop letting all your friends die :mad:

It was my 92 year old great aunt, couldn't do a lot :(

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

for everyone talking about how bad Beast Mastery is, how many of you actually tried it? I wound up enjoying playing my BM/TA (I set out to make the worst combo possible for a gimmick). I don't even like MMs. As it was my pets rarely died and did pretty good damage, and I have no way to heal or buff them other than the usual Equip power. Made it to 26 before I quit playing, but when I come back I'm sure I'll fire him up again for laughs. I can throw bees!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Time to make OH THE HUGE MANATEE

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Fearless_Decoy posted:

...I won third in the 'Bad Idea' costume contest, does that count?

I got 3rd in the circus one :hfive:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Teim posted:

Tommy literally just reminded me this game exists,

If you come back I'm going to have to as well

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Free Headcrab posted:

I'm still anxiously waiting some new powersets before I decide to come back. But when I do you better be there wrecker.

Did the -kb IOs make it in i23? If so how hilariously good are they in things like tornado or bonfire?

I log in every now and then to see who's on, maybe mess around on a lowbie, but I probably won't VIP again for a few weeks. Unless I get really bored with non-incarnates that is. I'll be in Pocket D on the 28th for the meme costume contest.

23 held no interest for me because honestly, why do we need another new zone? I'd rather see revamps to old zones with new arcs, not another one like First Ward that I will do the new arcs once then never visit again. Not to mention they have announced a zillion new powersets and we didn't see a single one, meaning they're waiting to sell them all instead of being free.

Pez fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jun 14, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Bieeardo posted:

The costume is kind of poo poo, but the idea amused me, so here's my submission to the costume contest:

While that is indeed awesome, they don't seem to read character bios at contests :(

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

r.i.p. goontown

If Puck decides he's done with it I think I'll put a new board up somewhere. I certainly have the time being all crippy and disabled, and not having anyone with admin privileges there made it hard to actually do anything when someone couldn't post or whatever.

Cleretic posted:

Goat Seer.

Bare costume, flesh colored undies, red bunny tail, use the Catch Breath emote to bend over

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Since Zwill is paying attention to the thread, I will ask my often asked question- who do I report the Wrecker Bots in Praetoria to for copyright infringement? I had that name in 2004 :colbert:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Evil Z posted:

I'm always paying attention.

But not to you...never to you.

(kidding...who are you again?)

You may direct such claims to our legal department. I'm sure they'll get back to you in a timely manner.

:smith: and here I thought I was famous

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I just I hope that I can color the armor gross well enough to use the name I had saved when they called it symbiotic armor- Parasitic Twin

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I've been on trials with Green Dwarf, and I can attest to his retardedness in all things not just builds. Or maybe retardidity. Retarditude?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I just glanced at the Bio-Armor feedback thread for the first time and the whining is astounding. I am in no way a min-maxer so the actual numbers mean jack poo poo to me, but I find the armor fun as hell to play.

Why am I wrong for liking it?

because it doesn't ruin your immersion, your concept, or make your 8 year old regen character even more outclassed

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Too bad I'm not VIP or I'd go post a thanks to the pubbie whiners for saving me some money. I got burned by Staff being "meh" I'm not doing it again :smith:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

they're a little harder to find villain-side, but look for pubbies running the Death from Below trial. A run or 3 of that and you'll be level 10, doesn't take but a few minutes each run with a non-retarded team.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Slung Blade posted:

What the gently caress is this pay to win bullshit NCsoft?
http://na.cityofheroes.com/en/parag..._content=boosts

are they just selling stuff to farmers outright now? the def one sounds great for getting a future fire farmer to 47 so you can add IOs

also laughing at the :fuckoff: to pets

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Evil Z posted:

Also, I hear he likes Cuban food.

Quick, someone whip up a cigar salad or a Fidelburger or whatever they eat in Cuba

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Tommy 2.0 posted:

Ffffffff.....now I don't know if I want to go DB/Bio and re-roll my DB/SR, claws/bio and reroll my first 50, or TW/Bio and break all the melee DPS records.

gotta catch 'em all!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Evil Z posted:

If you want to see the full costume set watch us on Twitch tomorrow.

are you going to be wearing it?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Tommy 2.0 posted:

I need Oni proof reading my poo poo at all times.

there's a joke in there somewhere but I just don't feel up to making it

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Tommy 2.0 posted:

pop those old dude pills my wife sent you

yes, those

I don't need pills with her, I just think about you :dong:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Tom Powers posted:

About StJ: Most people felt that it kind of sucked. I still kind of feel that it sucks. It requires a lot of work to make it perform better than SS, and this is AFTER it got nothing but buffed during beta. I'm fairly happy with how it turned out, in the end, despite the fact that I say I still kind of feel that it sucks. I do recognize that it has potential, and that's great, I just wish that it was generally "better" - realizing, of course, Super Strength is a difficult set to displace, but they're both "PUNCHY SETS LOL"

Play StJ on a stalker and you'll change your mind. SS is still better overall, but a StJ stalker can get nuts with criticals

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

The rest are just aspergers/OCD/fetishists with a specific concept in mind and MY PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKE WOULD NEVER DO THAT. Or alternately it makes their precious snowflake obsolete and they just can't stop playing after 8 years why would you make a pay-to-play set that makes my DB/regen even more pointless devs don't you know I have personally spent 1000s of dollars on this game to play this guy/girl/horse/dragon/succubus like I want?

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I was disappointed that I didn't make the top ten with Pancake Rabbit but admit I giggled like a girl when Zwill answered my question on Twitch and added "goony goon goon" afterward

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

they said they recorded the Twitch broadcast and were going to post it later

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I decided not to try Pancake Rabbit again, but I can't decide between Chemistry Cat and Y U NO PICK ME?

Of course I do have 2 accounts...

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I got in the top 10 with Chemistry Cat since Pancake Rabbit got no love this morning. My 2nd account was Y U NO PICK ME? which was not really that great but I had fun standing next to Tommy's anus ewok

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

LaserShark posted:

Looks like Freebie Friday is back: there's a tri-corner hat available until Monday. Also deep discounts (75%) on Archetypes and some powersets, for those running premium.

While I'm thinking about it, have the other Meme-Contest goons gotten their code yet? Still waiting on mine.

No, I was going to ask the same thing. I got my prize within a day or 2 after the circus one, but then again that was top 3. Us scrubs will get ours when they have time!

Also hey, free hat!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I have Bladder Control, but the bio will be about how he shoots water from mutant bladders under his skin. Yellow water.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

LaserShark posted:

Got my code from the contest! I have no idea what adding it to my account did, if anything, but I got it.

it gives you a permanent account-wide costume change power, just have no idea what costume until I log in and check. I got a Rulu-shin costume power from the circus contest and I really want the moving eyeball chest piece for other costumes!

edit: I can't add it to my main account, so I assume it's one I already have. That means it's Rulu-shin or Coralax or whatever the other one I have is

Pez fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jul 5, 2012

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

A team like that is exactly the time to quit, and pop into global and get a team going with goons. I wouldn't have made it as long as he did

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I sent you one. If you decide to resub you'll get free paragon store points woohoo!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Free Headcrab posted:

I may or may not have binded a random key to the clear tray command, you'll figure it out one day.

This is why I miss you as well <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Slung Blade posted:

Yeah, I don't know. 8pm Mountain time sound ok?

And yes, today.

people still use Mountain time?

• Locked thread