Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DrSunshine posted:

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
That makes me want to re-read it right now, god I love that manga.

The Town of Evening Calm, The Country of Cherry Blossoms

Set in Hiroshima ten years after the bombing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pierson posted:

Also how are you guys getting imgur to make reasonable thumbnails? All I get is the above large link or a tiny tiny square.

As already mentioned using "timg" tags will make the green-bordered, expandable images.

There's another way that takes a tiny bit more work but shows off some of the new features of the forums though!

If you take an imgur hosted image, put it in it's own tab and insert a small "L" (or M or S) right before the dot before the file extension, and then paste that into the reply window, the forums automatically will make that a Large (or Medium or Small) thumbnail with a link to the full size image. That's what I used in my post if I'm not doing a good job of describing what I mean.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 18, 2012

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I was looking to find the perfect image for that manga and found out that most of my favorite scenes covered multiple pages: Sami showing up on the wrong side of the river and hucking a car at a golem; the reveal of Blues Drive Monster; everybody sneaking a peek at the Magical Mary figurine; many, many more.

Then I just ended up re-reading a big chunk of it.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
reads Left to Right since it's a scan from the flipped Perfect Collection

That bottom panel is seriously one of my favorite in any comic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Make it a Sengoku Youko + general Satoshi Mizukami appreciation thread maybe. Everyone should read The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer and I liked Psycho Staff a whole lot too.

He is also apparently a frog.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Otome Youkai Zakuro

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

By way of the weird fanart thread:

WitchFetish posted:

Did someone say anime Terminator? Because I've been waiting decades to post this :

I love everything about this. The extremely 90 shojo style, the fact it's about T2... Sadly, I haven't been able to find the source.

I sure am convinced that I want to read it!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Quick Start!! is a 4-koma manga with the usual "cute girls doing cute things" format, in this case the thing happens to be tabletop roleplaying games. Now you can combine two insanely nerdy hobbies for maximum geekefficiency.
e: switched to large thumbnails, click 'em for big.

While I doubt it's going to blow anyone away, so far it's pretty good and is a fun look at jtRPGs.

Also, I'm going to start reading Qualia thanks to this thread, I hope it's actually good and not just shocking.

re-edit: adding a very confused and intrigued thumbs-up for Qualia.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jul 4, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sometimes great manga don't have any particular pages that stand out, so here's a couple of cool new chapter pages from Paradise Kiss.

These are crappy scans, everyone should just buy the new printing of it.

And some Girl Friends for good measure:

Chortles posted:

The Ravages of Time (pic is from Volume 30, Chapter 244):

Whoa, that looks pretty cool. I'll have to check it out.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 14, 2013

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Sailor Moon

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Pigasus posted:

What's going on here? It looks really pretty, but confusing.

Read it and find out!
or
It's Sailor Moon stabbing herself after being forced to kill a (possesed) Tuxedo Mask
But you should read sailor moon anyway, because it owns.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FauxGateau posted:

There is an overwhelming amount of evidence to support that this is actually the best.

:siren:
Here's a collection of 77 Asaekigga comics I put together when I was posting them in BSS last year.
http://imgur.com/a/RIKyW

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

gobbledygoat posted:

There's also a general view in eastern and western culture that it's totally normal and okay to ask gay people what they do to each other.

Sheesh, they just need to google it:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah it's Girl Friends, a cute and super-fluffy love story about a girl who realizes she's gay and is falling in love with her best friend.

Girl Friends

Cake Attack posted:

You might not be surprised to hear it's occasionally NSFW. So, uh, don't read it at work. Do your job instead. (It's also not an edit.)
Really, really occasionally, but do keep that in mind if you decide to check it out.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 20, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

coathat posted:

Well if you like it you should probably support it by paying for the legal translation instead of reading that awful scanlation. http://shonenjump.viz.com

Huh, I didn't even know it was in there...I should really put that subscription to more use than just One Punch Man.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dead Dead Demons de Dedede Destruction

e: wow that's some scan job

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah Kakukaku Shikajika is amazing. Sensei owns. Sensei's cat also owns.

Stay caught up by reading the Misc. Shoujo & Romance (and Josei) thread!

Also, if anyone didn't already know, her younger brother is the author of Tonari no Seki-kun.

edit:
this panel keeps cracking me up

a kitten fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 13, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Look alive bozos, there was a new Yotsuba&! chapter!!

Oh holy poo poo! Finally!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh hey, Crunchyroll also picked up Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, the whole thing! Go read it if you haven't, it's a slow start but overall a great series!

Whoa, wait, what, where? I don't see anything on their site or ANN or anything.
Because that is awesome news.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, yeah i bet it's some sort of leak. Good job finding it Captain!

I can't find it on my ipad app (yet) maybe I shouldn't have accepted that update! but that's pretty drat cool, hopefully they'll announce it for real soon.

edit:
aag, so excited.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 28, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Welp Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer is officially up on crunchyroll now. :toot:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-868459/manga-announcements-new-catalog-titles

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Call and Reply / Chouchou Nannan asks some hard questions about Snow White:

http://dynasty-scans.com/series/chouchou_nannan

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Teppu is indeed updating again! :neckbeard:

Teppu is also going to be wrapping up soon (possibly has already finished publication?) because the author's health problems that cause the hiatuses in the first place haven't abated. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Bakanogami posted:

Chuugoku Yome Nikki

Guy marries a Chinese girl and does an autobiographical 4koma about the culture gap.

:3::3::3:

• Locked thread