Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's a shame the c-stick is so obnoxious to use for aiming. I tried the Resident Evil Revelations demo to see if I wanted to buy it, and while it's definitely worth $5, the control scheme (to a minor degree) and c-stick aiming really turned me off by the end of the demo. I'm also really impressed by the game considering it came out pretty early in the 3DS' life. It's one of the most impressive games I've played when it comes to graphics/performance.

Unrelated -- the rumor mill is pointing to a late Wednesday/Thursday release for Miitomo and My Nintendo. Apple's App Store updates on Thursdays, and is also the last day of March, so look out for an email soon if you pre registered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Miitomo and My Nintendo are supposedly going live at 1 AM PST, i.e. tomorrow for anyone with a normal sleep schedule.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Maybe... My Nintendo should at least go live. Miitomo is basically at the mercy of your platform's App Store. Apple updates theirs around noon PST on Thursdays, so it may not be up until tomorrow for iOS. Android users have been able to sideload the apk for a day or so now, and is already on the Play Store, but was locked last time I checked.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If you're on iOS, you can create a Japanese App Store account (in iTunes) and download Miitomo to your device. It's fully translated, but I'd be hesitant about linking it to any of your accounts just in case there's some compatibility issues when it goes live outside of Japan.

Coincidentally, there's very little to do in it without linking your accounts and/or adding friends.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Agrias120 posted:

Anyone who thinks Miitomo is boring needs to get some friends and then spend 8 hours making miifotos, because that's been my entire day today at work.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Is Harvest Moon: A New Beginning worth $15? Never played a Harvest Moon game, but I enjoy Animal Crossing and like cows a lot.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Linnaeus posted:

It's a cozy and chill farming game if you can get past the very slow start. The characters are pretty bland though and story of seasons is better in pretty much every way..

Oh, I was mainly interested because it's on sale... At least it was...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

There's a demo of Pocket Card Jockey up. This game is gonna rule. Why you should agree: it's the horse from Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan in his own game where you play a bastardized version of Solitaire to hype him up and win races and LEVEL UP. In the demo, you gently caress up the giddy ups and piss your horse off. You get bucked off, run over by half a dozen other horses, and die.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Spoderman posted:

Man, this Pocket Jockey demo is so good. I'm distraught that I can't buy the full game yet.

I know. I hate that there's no release date and no price. It comes out May 6th in EU, so I can't imagine a NA release will be that far off.

I'm gonna be pretty torn if it's 40 bucks, because it really feels like a $20 eShop title at best. I'll probably still get it, since solitaire is something I've been able to play indefinitely since forever.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Katana Gomai posted:

Pocket Card Jockey will be 6.99€ according to the EU eShop. I figured it would be 14.99€ at the most so I am pleasantly surprised; no idea how you thought this could be $40 or even $20 though lol

That's awesome. The only reason I'd expect a game like this to be over $10 is because Nintendo.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

$1 for Shantae rules.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

What the gently caress is lum

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Pocket

Mothafuckin'

JOCKEY WHOOF WHOOF WHOOF WHOOF ~*~imitating Off-Course of course~*~

That actually comes out the day I graduate from college. Do I bring my 3DS and play during the ~3 hours of sitting I'll be doing during commencement? Don't worry, it's a nerd major. And no I'm not actually considering it.

enojy fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 2, 2016

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Oh my godddddd Nintendo. Why no midnight release of GOTY 2016? (Nah but seriously, no midnight release for an eShop-only game seems weird.)

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

3DS US code for Pocket Card Jockey

WHOOFWHOOFWHOOFWHOOF

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Time to horse

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Horse game rules except for that weird Wario Land sounding song with the vocals. And I still don't understand how I can pick the 5-bulb "START!" card super fast, play perfect in the level 3 comfort zone at all turns, and still lose hard.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

So I already have the Ace Attorney games and Pocket Card Addiction.
Should I spend my $20 on something else or wait for Monster Hunter Gen?

Monster Hunter and Zero Time Dilemma come out next month. And yes to EOIV if you end up liking the demo. Even though none of the drat dungeon themes are as good as the first one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Nice, $10 is a sweet spot for Mega Man. I'm just a little bummed that they are 110% faithful ports (constant framerate dips, no resolution stretching/filling options.) Save states are godly though, now maybe I'll actually beat 5 and 6 for the first time.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

MM Legacy does have a stretch-to-fit option but if you turn it on I will murder you.

Next weeks JP Wii U VC releases: Custom Robo v.2 (N64), Sennen Kazoku (GBA, a strange sorta-life-sim made by indieszero and published by Nintendo)

The 3DS version does? I couldn't find it, but I'd at least like to trrryyy it...

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yeah really. There isn't a sale strong enough for me to recommend MH3U over 4U. God forbid anyone has to deal with water controls without a N3DS/Circle Pad Pro. Even still it's a royal pain in the rear end, and 4U is much better anyhow.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

That's the best DKC and it's a day-one purchase for me!

How dare you. Tropical Freeze

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

TLoZ picross is cool and good if you like picross. It's kinda the same thing as Pokémon picross, just less puzzles and less fleshed out. Well worth the zero dollars.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

If you're into (Zelda) Picross, the Picross e games are $5.99 each and a pretty good value since they have hundreds of puzzles. The newer ones have stuff like mega picross and micross puzzles.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Battle Cats was one of the few mobile games I ever gave a poo poo about. It's cute. I do wonder how the pricing will be, though, since the mobile version was pretty heavy on microtransactions.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Houle posted:

I bit the bullet and got a New 3Ds and Monster Hunter 4. I figured since it is on sale I will finally try the series and my 3ds is falling apart so why not! I bought two copies to play with my gf. Is there a lot of lag when online? I haven't gotten to the part where I can actually play online yet <_<

Online MH4U is actually rock solid, and you'll only notice minor lag if playing with someone internationally. Just avoid international hosts and you should be fine. Every online game has a pre-baked tagline (e.g. "Just having fun!" Or "looking for rare items!") so if it's not in English, skip it. Or don't! I don't think I've ever played an unbearably laggy game of MH4U in hundreds of hours.

Fremry posted:

Are there ones with multiple micross puzzles? There's only one in the Zelda Picross, and the tiles are the perfect size to play a couple on the bus to work.

10x10s are my favorite.

Picross e5 and e6 have 3 micross puzzles each, and tons of 10x10s.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I un-ironically do. I like cheevos :-(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think stamps were supposed to be Nintendo's answer to trophies/achievements. I know I went hog wild with the lucky cat Mario stamp you got for beating Champion Road in 3D World.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Saoshyant posted:

We got a lot of good games out of Kickstarter. The only thing people learned is not to give money to Inafune and that was worth the lesson.

Edit: and the reviews are just destroying the game, it is hilarious

Capcom (or whoever) picked a hilarious time to put Mega Man Legacy Collection on sale across multiple platforms; if I hadn't spent the past few weeks completely burning myself out on Mega Man, I may have actually bought this.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm watching someone play mighty no. 9 and it doesn't even look that bad. The explosion effects are bad but that's about the only offensive thing I've seen so far. Looks more like it should be a $10-15 game tbh

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Constr posted:

I've got $13 and 3 cents on my eshop account, do any of you have recs? I'd prefer something that isn't a jrpg or even an rpg because I've been blazing through smt iv recently. I already have Shovel Knight and Earthbound.

Horse game

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

baram. posted:

well, it is amazing how bad it actually turned out.

Have you guys watched any gameplay videos? It's not that bad, just all around average. I'm looking forward to picking it up when it's cheap.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

greatn posted:

I keep seeing streams of mighty No 9 with people compatibility about the levels when they obviously just suck and I can see everything they're doing wrong and it makes me want to play it.

It looks legitimately fun, reviews be damned. Yea, the graphics and writing/VA are pretty hilarious considering the budget, but big deal -- it's a platformer.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Boten Anna posted:

Jesus christ I said don't @ me.

Jesus christ why even bring it up then lol

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MisterAlex posted:

Man, I'd forgotten Miitomo even existed. I'd love to see a line graph of active daily users from launch until now...

Probably looks a lot like this: \______

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

C-Euro posted:

Goons help I can't stop playing Pokemon Picross but I'm quickly approaching the pay-to-play wall, what other Picross games should I grab and how do I get them?

Picross e5 and e6 on the EShop are probably your best bets.

I ended up "buying" Pokémon Picross and I don't really regret it since I got my money's worth, but the Picross e series gives you around the same number of puzzles for much less. There's just no customizable Pokémon hint system, and not really any challenges besides "finish the puzzle in under an hour(?) to see it in color."

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think I'm over Pokémon Go already. At least Miitomo lasted about a week. I'm not walking around are you kidding me lol *goes to Walmart and makes a beeline for the motorized carts*

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I played Star Fox Zero at an event and it controlled well enough, quick glances between the gamepad and screen were a fun diversion, and I was even playing it standing up for pete's sake. Still not getting it because I've never been a Star Fox fan, but I think it got an unfairly bad rap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Inzombiac posted:

Dang, I may have to cancel my physical copy of Monster Hunter G and just get the download. It's not like I'm ever taking it out of the system.

I'm paying $8 more! for this exact reason. (I have a GCU account, but the 20% doesn't apply to EShop cards nor digital purchases.)