Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
A part of me wishes you did this in the coupon/discount subforum as it's the first place I check everyday, but with added Q&As and Interviews I can see why it's not posted over there.

This is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

AmazonTony posted:

Also,

I just got off the phone with the guys who are rebooting Leisure Suit Larry. I may be off base but I feel like this game is right at home with this community. I'd love to get them interacting with you guys in cool ways. We're definitely going to do a Q&A at one point, we're also going to work on Dev Diaries.

Any other thoughts/suggestions?

Oh god, another Leisure Suit Larry? I hope whoever is in charge take notes from the last two awful titles or at least has some input from Al Lowe.

Concept art wouldn't be bad if they're willing to share.

Edit: VVV Oh hay, I must have missed this. The last I heard was he was helping with the HD collection.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 19, 2012

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Papercut posted:

I hope Dragon's Dogma goes on sale at some point.

From the Coupons Thread:

axleblaze posted:

Gamefly is having a year end sale. Free shipping on most things. Here are some higlights:

Dragon's Dogma (PS3) $19.99

The 360 version is $5 more. These versions are both used but Gamefly does a drat good job of not screwing you over by including everything (sometimes preorder stuff) and the discs are typically in pristine condition.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I have too many 2k games thanks to steam sales. :smug:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Tony: I "want" Duke Nukem, but I already own Borderlands and I don't care about Darkness 2. Any plans for the King to be in any other :10bux: bundles this month?

I'm in the same boat. I own everything else but Duke and was waiting for it. I may just grab one of the bundles and toss the keys up in the Steam thread as previously suggested.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Deus Rex Machina posted:

Where is the list of games the $5 credit applies to? I thought there were supposed to be additions but the list hasn't changed and now it seems people are getting dragon age at a discount?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000728511

Some of the games listed aren't on sale yet and others have already expired. Check the top of that page to see what is about to expire.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

BobTheJanitor posted:

Did you just... link to the same page? Or am I missing some subtle difference? :psyduck:

It's the link to the first page where Dragon Age is listed, or at least it is on my end.

Or not. I swore I saw it earlier.

Edit: Nope, I'm wrong. That's Guild Wars 2 that I saw, I think. DA Pack is in the OP for what it's worth though.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 12, 2013

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Deus Rex Machina posted:

So you're saying anything in the OP qualifies for the $5 off coupon?

Why can't Amazon just actually tell me what my credits apply to? what the hell?

The Dragon Age Pack and Alice: Madness Returns will probably show up in the Editor's Choice page like the rest of the games as it expires in a few days.

Amazon Tony links upcoming deals in the OP that will appear on the page, he also tells you the price after the coupon if you're curious. For example:

AmazonTony posted:

1/11-1/13:

Dragon Age Pack - $12.99 ($7.99 after coupon) Contains:

1. Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition
2. Dragon Age 2

Sorry about my earlier confusion with DA there.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
There's a good deal of love going on for The Secret World in this thread. Did they change a lot of the game since beta/release? I wasn't too impressed with it and the general consensus felt it a bit underwhelming. Hell, right before launch they had a shill in the thread to hype up what little interest there was.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 22, 2013

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

My Gimmick Name posted:

It's still basically the same game with way too much trash mobs sitting around everywhere and mired by outdated MMO mechanics. They added raids though, if that's your thing.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's just not my cup of tea, that game.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
That was a drat good Editor's Choice Event, my wallet thanks you, Tony!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

-Blackadder- posted:

Yeah, I've got a couple on there. I don't have this problem with any other items I purchase from Amazon, just digital game downloads.

Yup, same problem here. I'm not sure if there's a connection, but I did do some shopping on Black Friday. I've also used the 1-click system for years and bought plenty of games digitally in the past.

• Locked thread