Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Hey the Crazy Taxi port that is free right now is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Finally won a game of Eclipse.

I really like this game. It took a bit of getting into, but the execution is really quite nice.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So I spent three bucks on a game that doesn't launch.

Do I have any recourse other then bad reviews?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

goferchan posted:

Just so you know it's SO easy to switch regions on an account. On your iPhone/ipad click settings, click on App Store, click on your username, click "change billing information" & change your country to Canada (with a payment method of "None" selected) & that's it. Takes 30 seconds to do, 30 seconds to switch back to US.

Thanks for this.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I can't stop playing this stupid coin pushing game, and it's so dumb.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

xzzy posted:

Whelp Dragon Coins is a fun game that gets deleted because of a stamina bar.. it basically works out that you pay 70 cents for around an hour of play. Or you can just not play the game for several hours until th bar fills back up! :downs:

It's been said before, but why the gently caress would anyone make a game and then not let you play it.

I'm just glad it let me stop.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Anyone else playing this Naval Tactics game that came out the other day? It's by the guys who did Starbase Orion. I'm really digging this. I suck, but it's got a lot going for it. I'm involved in a 40 round 40-odd ship Battle Royale at the moment, and it's great.

Fix fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 17, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

monkeytennis posted:

Not seen it, got a link?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id670669812?mt=8

It's doing its intro sale thing right now, so five bucks. Definitely worth it in my book for the time I've invested so far. 8 mission types including three historical, 6 types of ships with a dozen plus upgrades, captain cards you play for one turn boosts, a pretty good wind mechanic, online asynch, pass and play, AI single player, a chat room where people seem to be speaking pirate at the moment.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Paradoxish posted:

I've been playing this as well and I'm liking it a whole lot. The AI has been absolutely kicking my rear end, though. I think I've managed to win a grand total of one game against it. At least my multiplayer matches are going a bit better.

Oh yeah, the AI is a killer. You've done better than I.

I'm on there as "Fix!" if you want to throw a game my way. I probably ought not do more than two at a time or else my phone is going to be clanging at me all day, but I'm about to wrap one up shortly, so if you're game.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That Naval Tactics game continues to be great, and switching back and forth between turns of that and Hearthstone is basically the best.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

By the makers of Big Boy Gangstar Shooter: Evil Blood Zombies Degeration

and

Fitness Boxing Warrior: Masters Pocket Minecraft

and

Captain Chaos The Pixel World Super Hero War Soldier Man (America Fighters Game 2014)

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BGrifter posted:

Holy poo poo. Dragon Quest 8 coming tonight??? :stare:

Oh my. How much?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Portrait mode only? What the hell are they doing with the rest of the screen?

Oh wow, weird.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I wanted to try out the post-game video playback recorder on Naval Tactics by Chimera, and I had a game today worthy of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sbu_r4ISb-A

This was a 3-way game that played out over just about 3 days. In this particular one we only had enough points for a single ship plus a couple upgrades. Everyone got three fleet or ship cards. Every game goes 40 rounds, and this one was a draw until round 40, but that was a tense brawl of maneuvering, managing crew, switching between firing/repair/sailing focusses, swapping between main and battle sails (the latter being slower but less susceptible to the bar and chain shot ammunition, which can completely wreck your mobility). The wind direction can be seen changing in the lower right corner. The outer rings on each ship show the armor on that facing, and the center circle is the hull health. I think their recorder did a pretty good job.

Edit: Oh cool, they really let you go back in time on some of these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxEg--grjHM

Here is a more bog-standard 2 player fleet game, between a couple of newer players, wherein I swarmed some very dangerous ships with my much lighter ones in order to lock them into my sea of flaming wrecks as I snuck a couple of merchant ships through the carnage and into the safe harbor. He even fell for my decoy merchant. It was close!

Fix fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 29, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I generally can't stand the Toca stuff. They always stop just one step of being actually educational and end up just being noisemakers.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Feenix posted:

Rival Knights game that just came out.

The mechanics are pretty simple. It has dual currency. It has what appears to be energy timers. However the core gameplay is visceral and satisfying.

Anyone else playing? I think we can support each other via an alliance which may give us more "energy"?

Yeah, I've been toying around with it. Seems better than the last jousting game to come along.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Clockwork Beast! posted:

Was the playdek sale just the one day? Both Waterdeep and Agricola are showing full price for me.

e: Yup, went back up 25 minutes ago. Welp.

If you still want these, I gifted them to a friend thinking he wouldn't be able to get the sale on time, but he did so I should be able to change the recipient. Hit me up sa.fixer at gmail.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

harmless_fun posted:

Take red bird with samurai hat, healing bird with druid hair, and blues with tricksters hat (pig hat). Keep the damage low on the red bird and healing bird because they will be the ones that damage the prince pig at the end. The blues will be the main damage dealer on all the other enemies and will dispel status effects on the birds and the pigs. Get health on all three birds as high as possible.

This paragraph makes me really, really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

sebmojo posted:

Anything by Toca Boca. That poo poo is like crack for littlies.

Maybe for toddlers, but for grade school kids you'll want something a wee bit more substantial.

Peggle is clearly the answer. Peggle is always the answer. Also, Threes and Ticket to Ride.

• Locked thread