Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Yokaiy already explained the whole "multiple protagonist" thing. I'm pretty sure Glazius was asking about to the three children Hugo palled around with for a while. And since you can start as any of the three protagonists, it's not too much of a stretch to wonder if things are going to be different after having played as Hugo, versus if we started with Chris and hadn't messed around in the town as the grasslands boy wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Too bad it's another Failure Pot.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Bruceski posted:

Not to be confused with Salt and Pepper.

Wait, so if those two are Salt 'n Pepa, does that mean that Lilly is Spinderella?

Suddenly their unite attack makes a lot more sense!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

yokaiy posted:

Sasarai isn't the Bishop, but he is a greater Bishop than the masked gentleman. The Bishop would be Hikusaak. I personally think it was a typo, though.

Replace "Bishop" with "General" and it makes a bit more sense.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

So, wait, we're not going to get to see what happens when we win?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

The duck has the True Rune of :sparkles:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That was actually an interesting way to get both sides what they wanted. The villagers didn't want the Harmonians to invade, the Harmonians didn't want to invade, they were only looking for the Fire Bringer.

So when the villagers only move was to send out a kid who was clearly not the Fire Bringer just to make them go away, the Harmonians got what they wanted: confirmation that the Fire Bringer wasn't in that village, so why bother invading?

"Iroh, the Harmonians are here to getcha!"
"Send out a kid to act like he's me. They won't have the balls to kill a child."

Ehh? Ehhhhh? It could happen.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Thomas's Castle. That way, when the Zexans come back and try to take it away, he can just point at the sign and prove it's actually his. :pseudo:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Huzzah! I finally did something right! :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

This makes naming the castle all worth it. :allears:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You're really stretching here, dude. Don't forget, Thomas was officially given the title of the master of the castle by a Zexan councilmember, and he still had to send word over to the knights. One of the ruling elites of the country was about to bust in and wreck the place, and ended up being investigated on charges of not following protocol. The knights specifically told Thomas that he was the master until noon the next day, and then that they planned to revoke the castle's status afterwards. For all the faults of the Zexan government, the game specifically pointed out that when their hands are tied, the council can't just go around the laws.

That's literally all we know of the situation. There was a document declaring the area common land, Thomas was legally in charge of the castle, they gave him 24 hours before he could leave, and in that span of time he sold the castle and then leased it back as a private citizen. Trying to draw anything more is reaching beyond what the game supports, and applying your own feelings to a situation which may or may not be reflective of that. :eng101:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Cake Attack posted:

Turns out the answer to "How'd it get burned" is the True Fire Rune.

How long until Hugo puts on a bear costume and sucker-punches Chris? :allears:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Verant posted:

Though I do have to second (fifth?) the idea of team wizard cats!

I say that we make it canon Geddoe's first team consisted of cats filling various fantasy roles. Swordscat!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I vote that we have Yokaiy hack the game, and give Geddoe all three True runes. Lightning on the Right, Fire on the left, Water on the forehead. Then he can just kind of hover in the air and float through the rest of the game murdering everything around him with barely a thought.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah the text is the main thing I'm wondering about, to go with it.

I have made a terrible mistake.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Raitzeno posted:

If we can get out of the speculation for a minute, I like how Geddoe brings up his hand and goes 'Yo bitches, True Fire up in da house," with his glove on. Really, how did they not just go right back to squabbling? It's not like they could see the rune on him.

There's scenes where it's kind of not an issue and then there's stuff like this, where the actual visual appearance of the Rune is driving things, in which a glove should be a serious problem. They gave Chris an entirely separate model, they couldn't make a Geddoe one that's almost identical but trades a glove for a rune? Really?

I'm surprised nobody explained this, and just kind of skipped past it.

They stopped squabbling because he's loving Geddoe. He doesn't show the rune because he doesn't need to. He can do things with a grunt that most men can't with a yell.

Alternate Answer:

--> Rally troops by taking off glove and revealing mystical rune of power.
--> Eh

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

-Screenplay of Geddoe's Inspiring Speech-

[Rabble of defeated troops] slouches in courtyard.

Enter Geddoe, stage right.

Geddoe: "..."

Trooper 1: "Who is that guy? Why is he just standing there, not saying anything?"

Trooper 2: "How can he stand so calmly when the Harmonians are on their way!?"

Trooper 1: "He's... he's not scared of them. He's not scared of anything!"

Trooper 2: "THIS GUY HAS IT ALL FIGURED OUT! LET'S KICK SOME HARMONIAN rear end!"

Exuent Geddoe, stage left.

:v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

yokaiy posted:

Joker has kind of a difficult design to express in words. Overall, he comes off as a sort of kung-fu-master-that's-fallen-on-hard-times-and-gotten-old-and-maybe-a-little-washed-up-and-fat, which feels pretty fitting, though his large build is actually kinda misleading given how agile he seems. The kung-fu-master feel comes from his basic shirt/pants get-up combined with the long ponytail, and considering he uses his fists in battle, it works well. The effect is dampened by all the baubles and jewelry he's got on, which is actually good. It brings to light a sort of identity crisis, as he's got a kind of cultural clash going on because of the more Native American imagery in the necklaces. They're also much more colorful and chaotic than his fairly plain (aside from the trimming) threads. Why is this important? Because we're not actually sure where he's from; he's probably a Harmonian of some sort (though he doesn't really dress like one), but Harmonia encompasses a huge territory and a ton of conquered nations. He seems to have made a home for himself in the defense force, though. It also implies that he's traveled a lot, which is backed up in the game by his vast knowledge of runes and the like. More on that whole thing in a bit.

This is a lot of wasted words for a description that could be accurately summed up with "Present-day Steven Seagal."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

You just have to reverse the rune polarity, that's all.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Uhh, weren't the rune cannons of SuikoIV basically True Rune Fuckery? That tree thing was connected to the true runes, wasn't it?

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

yokaiy posted:

I thought that tree was just some weird abomination that grew ammunition-fruits? The Punishment Rune was on Lazlo at the time, so I don't think that one was involved. Soul Eater is accounted for too. What other True Runes were in that game? It's been so long.

After a little bit of digging, it appears that all the things which caused various kinds of fuckery in Suiko IV and Tactics were summoned using minor gate runes. (Probably Pale Gate Runes, but it's not 100% specific) So I guess technically it's not True rune fuckery, so much as just rune fuckery in general. :v:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yeah, this is probably the single most frustrating trope in videogames. I mean, Suikoden III is an old game, but even when it came out this poo poo was loving old hat.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

vilkacis posted:

Use the proper parties for the main run because it feels kinda :flaccid: to have them be all "we're gonna kick rear end together!" only to see everyone benched.

I know it's poor form to request fanart, but come on. We need a drawing of The TeamTM getting an inspiring speech and all pumped up to kick rear end, and then sitting on the bench as Rose Dude, Winged Emo, and the other D-listers fight the final boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Dog riding a horse.

• Locked thread