Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Bruceski posted:

Butlers are actually masters of the wine cellar. Characters such as Jeeves in Jeeves and Wooster are valets rather than butlers, the master's head manservant. Though as far as Jeeves goes it should be noted that if need be "he could buttle with the bet of them".
As I understand it, butlers were generally the head manservant and in charge of managing the male servants (and anything involved in serving food etc.). The valet was the personal servant of the master of the house and thus had a great bit of autonomy, but was not generally a manager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Lulu.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Duke's team doesn't have themed names. They never stood a chance.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I assumed (since before the Geddoe reveal) Iroh would be alive, Hugo would get True Wind or get True Fire passed on to him, and Chris would inherit True Water.

Either way, it makes sense to me thematically that Hugo should get it. Why would Geddoe want to force a true rune off of his hand just to replace it with his buddy's true rune? It's a nice tribute and all if there were no other proper bearers, but finding someone else to take the responsibly sounds right in his :effort: wheelhouse.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Digital Jello posted:

Also, it would be cute if Thomas was an option.
That would be wonderful, just for the scene when the Councillor comes back to yell at Thomas some more about land use rights, and the little bastard whips out a True Rune.

edit: do you have to give someone the finger to activate the true fire rune? 'cuz that should be mandatory. better if it takes both hand slots and you have to throw out the double birds.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

yokaiy posted:

Yep, he's confirmed at being probably 112 in the game as well, according to an investigation. Which I think makes him one of the oldest playable characters in the series, behind maybe Ted or something.
Jeane has gotta be older than that. (Is that a S3 spoiler?)

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
So is Hugo stuck in the body of a 16-year-old boy forever, or is True Fire smart enough to let its host finish growing up?

edit: This being a JRPG, 16-year-old might be the optimal age.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
What the hell is Jimbo doing keeping his background hidden now? Seems more than a little selfish for the big hero to stay pseudonymous when the big issue is uniting his two cultures.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Mehuyael posted:

My votes go to -

Big Viki

Fubar
Bright
Futch
Geddoe

Louis

Slightly modified.

Bruceski posted:

Either my expectations of thread quality are too high, or yours of table-flipping.
Before:

After:

That's a leaf, right? You didn't just break a table, did you?

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

yokaiy posted:

Apologies for the quality of that second one, by the way. Apparently no one else on the internet has a picture of her alternate-outfit artwork. I happened to have it in a mini art book, so I just took a picture of it with my phone. Might go back and scan it later so it looks better. Anyway!

Regarding her first outfit, there's not too much to say that I haven't already said about Karayan clothes. She does sport a lot more brown and black than the other Karayans, and her outfit is actually one of the simplest in the village, aside from those purple stones. She is also the only other Karayan we get aside from Hugo that has warmer tones in her outfit, which goes along with her rash nature. Her outfit is designed to be lightweight and allow her to run around without anything getting in her way. Again, I appreciate how modestly dressed she is.

Her second outfit is essentially very similar to her old one, just with a less Grasslander-y feel to it. She's swapped out her warm tones for a lot of neutral coloring, and gotten rid of all her jewelry but her earrings, so that she'd look more like a normal girl you'd find in other cultures. That she's using pink instead of fiery reds and oranges shows that she's calmed down a bit since we first met her (or is trying to, at least.)
Did she get rid of her Karayan perma-bangles in the new outfit? I don't see them on her character model. Doesn't seem like that'd be a small change.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Here's a great prank: Take 5 dogs, number them 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6, and then set them loose. People will go crazy looking for #4!

:cawg:

Meanwhile, characters continue to do stupid things for plot contrivance. "Yeah, I know the big bads are going to go gently caress with the True Water rune, but rather than tell my army about it, I'll go check it out on my own."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Whoa.

So do you lose the Fire rune if Geddoe is the champion? That'd be a little weirder.

• Locked thread