Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

The Emerald Dream is a :frogsiren:x1 rates, No Donation,:frogsiren: Vanilla WoW server set to the 1.12.1 patch, the final patch of Vanilla before the Burning Crusade overhauls. On this server our community runs one of ED's premiere ~*~Alliance~*~ guilds "<lets get weird>" in hopes of reclaiming the lost joy many of us once shared on our late Vanilla servers on a more stable, and active platform.

Q: Wait, so this isn't the first Vanilla server? Who's to say Emerald Dream won't die too?
A: Emerald Dream is being run by the very well known, and established Feenix community. They have been around for several years and have proven they’re not going anywhere. ED itself has been active for over 2 years now.

Q: Well, why should I play here over <Other WoW Server>?
A: Over the past year Vanilla WoW servers went from being relatively rare to exceedingly common, nowadays they're all over the place and many people have been stung by low-effort, unprofessional, or short-lived projects. However, Emerald Dream is assuredly none of the former. I can guarantee from personal experience that there is no better place to enjoy 1.12.1 WoW at x1 Rates than ED.

Q: Okay I’m convinced, what steps do I take to begin hitting boars?
A: Registration is easy and the client is just a torrent away. After Downloading edit your realmlist.wtf file in your WoW directory to "set realmlist vanillafeenix.servegame.org". Once you’ve managed to log on just whisper some goony poo poo to anyone in the guild <lets get weird> (Aliiance Side) Alficers and ~BFFS <3~ have the power to invite, if none of them are online, try again later. We don't have lives and we'll be sure to make sure you don't have one either as soon as we can.

Register here. After Registration you should get a download link for the client. if you dont, use this.
Download Here

Q:

Greg Jackson posted:

I'm doing /who alficer and nobody is showing up.. what the hell OP

A: Those are guild ranks try searching with a /who lets get weird.

Q: Alliance Scum! I only play horde, Isn’t there some other Guild I can join?
A: There may or may not be active goons hordeside. If there are they certainly aren't as organized (or kawaii) as we are so just play with us anyways. Nutsack Friend puts it pretty well at some point in this thread.

McSpankWich posted:

This happened on the rebirth and was lovely every way you sliced it. I don't want to tell you to play alliance, but after living through having goon guilds on both sides, I wouldn't wish it on anyone again. Its not too late to start over on Alliance side, we don't bite. Please?

Q: I always wanted to be “that one ret paladin” Can I? Can I???
A: Please don't, I mean we wont stop you, but now that we're actually progressing through the tougher content we need people to pull their own weight. That doesn't mean you have to be 100% optimal and there's certainly room for casual scum raiding, but try not to cripple yourself or those around you any more than you must.

Q: Okay, I can't hit boars without it showing me the drop rate of boar flanks during a full moon. Where can I get my precious add-ons?
A: Luckily there are massive archives of 1.12.1 Addons floating around. You'll find some packs with enough googling, and curse hosts old versions of any specific addon you remember.

:siren::siren::siren:

mewse posted:

This questing mod is insanely good and should be in the OP probably
:siren::siren::siren:

Q: I’m not going to be able to run deadmines without breathing heavily into my microphone between explaining my intricate Van Cleef strategies. What Voice Chat do I need to download?
A: We're running a Ventrilo server out of the deep pockets of resident Officer/Ex-hunter/Master of Sploits Toober. The Info is found under the Guild Information tab In-Game.

Q: Hey! Arcanite is a thing again, I’m gonna go Alchemist and make some mad cash.
A: Sure, go for it. When it comes to professions its entirely up to you. Across a whole guild of people we’re bound to have our bases covered.

Q:I feel that I have been wrongfully muted in Guild chat and demand compensation immediately.
A: If somebody demotes you it's usually for a good reason or for a good joke. The latter will usually see you back to a speaking rank within a few minutes so take it in stride. If it's the former then just take a time out, think about you said and if it would get you probated if you posted it on the forums (odds are yes). If there's still an issue or you're unclear on why you were muted ask an officer and they'll help you.

Q:I have been inactive for month(s) and am no longer in guild. What gives?
A: To keep a more accurate measurement of active guild members players are purged after 3 weeks of inactivity. If you come back we're more than happy to re-invite you. (as long as we like u :wink:)

Q:Oh my god these quest rewards. They are the worst. Where are my hand-me-downs from my benevolent high level overlords.
A: This site here has the content of our guild bank alts. Xoober (rip in peace) has done a lot of work to make our site and bank super awesome so be sure to register and use all the neat functions hes provided.

FutuerBear posted:

Just going to bump our thread here with another advertisement for our guild forums. So if you haven't checked out the guild site, forums, or bank yet, hit them up sometime! You can even request items from the bank on your phone! Any of the above links will have the guild MOTD mirrored from in-game. So, if you wanna see if any cool raids/events are coming up without having to fire up WoW, just check the site.

Ragnaros and Onyxia down as of 7/15/2013 Congratulations everyone!

Nefarian down on 1/27/2014 yayyy

Tanners fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
:siren:LGW MOTD:siren:

Tanners fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 6, 2013

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Jbk613 posted:

Do you guys know where I can buy some gold? It's gonna take forever to get a mount..

Youre probably joking but just incase your not

Tanners posted:

:frogsiren:x1 rates, No Donation,:frogsiren:

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Phraggah posted:

I found out that the addon pack in the OP is missing a few key addons (such as Cartographer)

I found this addon pack which was either from Rebirth or the old ED OP and have rehosted it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3hv6ove8rozymdr

Enjoy!

added that to the OP

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Threw a link to the bank page in the FAQ

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We just hit 100 unique accounts, woo! Granted some of them are dual boxers but hey, that's still a lot of people.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

4th Horseman posted:

This is so tempting, nothing will beat my experience of running through ZG when it was released and dying over and over. Are there any goons in Aussie time zone?

At the moment theres people in guild online at all times of the day. Same goes for the server as a whole. The best part of the server is the sheer population.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We need some neat images/videos for our media section. If anyone is feeling creative or have some screenshots that really evoke that ~nostalgia~ feel post them and I'll stick em in the OP if they're worthy.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

hit button posted:

Here is a screenshot I took of Tanners displaying his indefatigable never-say-die attitude to leadership.

this makes me miss being a troll so much more. rip

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

TipTow posted:

Thanks a lot, good to know. Sold an Enduring Cap that dropped off a gnoll in Westfall, and was disappointed when I didn't get my haul immediately.

Who should I whisper for a guild invite? Name's baddwarf, a priest.

Just send a whisper to anyone in the guild and theyll point you in the right direction. /who lets get weird

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Gils posted:

More like 16 serpent sting slots.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Noah posted:

Oh gently caress. Should I play?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. Also yes.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

OUTLAWDAN posted:

This sounds pretty cool. Being an original vanilla player myself, i once said that a vanilla server would be the only thing that could bring me back to WoW. I played from vanilla to the first month into cata and now i wouldn't dare step a foot into that game ever again. I don't know why, i just get a negative vibe every time i think of that game now. So much history with it, but it's just like an ex girlfriend that you want nothing to do with haha. So much time wasted.

Come relive the good times with us. Back when I joined my old Vanilla server I same way and it turned out to be my best MMO experience hands down. This guild is a great home, hope to see you in game!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Guild Photo-shoot this Friday (February 1st) at 4pm CST! Lets try to get as many people as we can to show up. It'll be really great to have a nice picture of everyone together and It'll surely evoke nostalgia after were all rockin t3 farming naxx. But really please show up it'll be cool. Also Arroyo is handing out presents for people who show.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Noah posted:

Sitting in chairs in the inn negates resting. Don't RP SIT!

I discovered this recently and i was just torn apart

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Reasons to play here: You can get an Ankh of Life.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

ApeEscape posted:

Man I'm miiiiiiighty tempted to play this again. I was always Horde back in Vanilla when the game came out. Room for a mage?

Yes come play with us

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

crazkylo posted:

How is the server population? I tried playing on Rebirth, but got burnt out by the severe lack of people around. Getting a group was near impossible unless I was bugging one of my friends to hop on.

Its honestly a lot better than rebirth. There are constantly pubs formed for 5mans across all the levels in the world chat. Also theres plenty of action in the midlevel areas. If you try to level in STV you WILL be ganked.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Shath Hole posted:

So I apologize for the potentially dumb question, but this thread is for the Alliance guild correct? The <Guild> thread is for horde? I played WoW for a long dam time back when it came out and vanilla servers are new territory for me. I'm really considering joining up, but I liked Horde more. Reading the past few posts, seems that the Alliance outnumbers the horde on this server?

<GUILD> is for a different server and is also dead. I promise you'll have a blast with us though. Give it a shot man.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We officially have over 200 accounts in <lets get weird>!! (Thats counting banks and stuff but its still a lot!) Really exciting stuff, the outlook on raiding is very positive.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Fog Tripper posted:

As it is based on the last vanilla patch, I imagine that AV already had it's nerfs done to it? If so, that is a big negative for me.

AV isnt actually released yet so were not sure what theyre shooting for.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
For those of you curious about our raiding loot system it should work something like this. It's a little outdated but i think itll work until Shamanigans creates our updated model

e:

Tanners fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 17, 2013

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We've got our guild first Molten Core run scheduled for Saturday at 2pm EST (7pm server). Hopefully we can get some work done on Luci and Gehennas so be sure to show up for phat loot.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Ofaloaf posted:

This game has the weirdest bugs

What causes the constantly-falling NPCs, by the way? I've seen both friendlies and mobs teleport into the ceiling both when alive and dead and it's not clear why that happens.
Its something to do with the pathing. Often times a entity cant tell whether or not its on the ground so it looks like its just falling everywhere.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Firos posted:

But seriously it's fun playing with goons. Yesterday everyone was laughing as a repair bot bugged out and ran across a river of lava before Tanners could repair :allears:

Playing with goons on here and other Vanilla servers have seriously been my #1 gaming experience by far. Come check us out!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Kingtheninja posted:

Any of the warriors here have a good arms spec? I figure I'll level arms before switching to tank or fury at 60, but I can't figure out what to dump points into (aside from the deep wounds talents).

Fury is the one true leveling spec. 5% Crit, Imp Battle Shout, Enrage, Flurry, and Death Wish are all so god drat amazing.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Manslaughter posted:

Fury definitely is the way to go at least until you can get mortal strike. And by that point you're into world pvp anyway so might as well stick with the perks. Only way I would consider arms is if you are stuck with godawful 1hers 10 levels below you and pick up a good 2her from a dungeon.

Dual weilding pre60 is bad dont do it. Fury 2H is the one true spec. Especially with Slam the way it is

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Manslaughter posted:

What is this about?

Currently Slam is resetting your attack timer at the end of the cast instead of the begining. This allows you to time the cast to finish immediately after you finish your auto effectively negating the reset completely.

Basically its weapondmg+X for 15 rage every time you auto. Couples very nicely with the whirlwind Axe you can get the the same level as slam.

When I got mine I was killing mobs with within 2 autoattacks.

However, there are also some less than favorable bugs with slam. For some unknown reason it currently has "Gouge-like restrictions" meaning that it can only be cast at the front of a mob (must also finish casting with the mob facing you). And it also turns off your auto at the end of the cast similar to how Gouge turns off your auto. The latter is easily fixed by just right clicking the enemy again but the other restriction is what makes it unusable in Raids/5mans. However it still works great for soloing!

Tanners fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Apr 9, 2013

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Azuth0667 posted:

Are bots permitted? I liked vanilla raiding but did not enjoy leveling.

If you get caught you'll get banned but hey you might not get caught!

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Khisareth posted:

I feel like I've been in a time capsule for 7 years. I quit playing a month after TBC came out, so most of what I played normally was probably considered vanilla. But on the other hand, I'm getting confused trying to remember what boat goes where and I never did TTS in vent so I'm trying to figure that out. Everyone in the guild has been very, very patient and helpful with me when I ask stupid questions.

I am still trying to figure out TTS, I can find plenty of info on key binding TTS, but not how to simply open a window to type in.

On the right side of the Vent UI theres a button that says chat. Its the 3rd button down.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Added this to the OP since people seem upset about cages

Tanners posted:

Q:I feel that I have been wrongfully muted in Guild chat and demand compensation immediately.
A: If somebody demotes you it's usually for a good reason or for a good joke. The latter will usually see you back to a speaking rank within a few minutes so take it in stride. If it's the former then just take a time out, think about you said and if it would get you probated if you posted it on the forums (odds are yes). If there's still an issue or you're unclear on why you were muted ask an officer and they'll help you.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
Is there anyone who cant make Saturday Raid times that can instead make Sunday Raids at the same time? (2pm EST)

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

FutuerBear posted:

On a related note, an enterprising OP may find that he can now include the latest GMOTD in the second post of this thread by using the following image:
code:
[timg]http://getweirdwith.us/motd.php[/timg]
E.g.:

This image will update automatically just as the text on the website does.

This is super cool and I'll add it in as soon as I get home.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

lapse posted:

Our most dire shortage currently seems to be warlocks.

52 or 53, I think (??)

If you're at that level, it might be better to just go after the imps in burning steppes.

If you have a good damage shield setup the zombies are infinitely better than imps

e: without them they're about equal.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

McSpankWich posted:

Lucky for you, on this server slam is bugged in your favor and completely overpowered. Basically, Slam usually works by resetting your swing timer when you start the casting. Here, it doesn't reset your timer until after it lands, so basically you can get a white hit AND a slam every white hit cycle if you time it right, and effectively double your dps (or more because they can both crit). I didn't use mortal strike OR bloodthirst, because slam dps with this bug is so much better for the rage cost.

Speaking of warrior and slam bugs. You may think you want to go for Improved Slam in the fury tree since you'll be using slam. Don't. Don't do it. However 2-Hand Fury is still the best leveling spec especially without the slam points. 5% crit, Flurry, Death Wish, and Piercing Howl are all massively better than a lovely bleed and ~my overpowers~.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

armoredgorilla posted:

I DO remember 2H Fury/Improved Slam being particularly hilarious in raids with AoE damage because you could just keep making GBS threads out 0.5 second casts of it, but yeah, if you're soloing, it's terrible.

Actually in Vanilla it only goes down to 1sec cast. However I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea here because it is amazing for soloing. Infact because of other Slam bugs its ONLY viable while soloing.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

xephon posted:

I think I'm going to be rolling a Nelf Druid. I like their play style and I love healing.

Playstyle as in Somersault rejuvenations.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

armoredgorilla posted:

Can non-goons join the guild if a goon vouches for them and they are not total shitlords?

Yeah, friends are fine to bring in. But they're held to the same standards as everyone else so make sure hes not a complete sperg.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Punkzilla posted:

Tanners; if you need a mirror host that isn't one of those retarded freebie sites for the addons or anything else, let me know. I've already uploaded the 1.21.1archive.rar and ALL_AddOns.rar, just say the word and i'll provide the link.

Yeah that sounds great. Post em and ill add emm into the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

Siets posted:

So my warlock is now 46 and I have begun my bug grinding career. This rules.

I am currently just using my imp's Fire Shield, but I read that there were some other damage return items that upped the rate at which the exp flows. Naglering in BRD, as well as Flame Wrath potentially? Otherwise you need a druid to come buff you with thorns, or you need to be a Ret Paladin with a spiked shield (neither of which are really possible for me.) Is there anything else that speeds this up even more that I'm missing? Also how easy is it to acquire those items in BRD?

Crystal Spire gives a 10minute Damage Shield, you get it from the power crystal pylons in Un'Goro. The quest gives you a stack of 6 for 10 blues and 10 yellows.

e: also Blessing of Sanctuary

• Locked thread