Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Every time I've thought something was valve seals, due to logic, I've always been hosed with rings. Probably bad luck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

kastein posted:

Air. Boats are just holes in the water to throw money into (I have enough places to throw my money) and I prefer to not drown.

I'm more afraid of the "air" answer, myself.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
What kind of person these days doesn't have dropbox for backup photos? I hope you can finally put the legacy of cracked bellhousings behind you, though.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I've been meaning to ask: trigger warning? Like, that thing tumblr people do when they can't deal with real life?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Valve stems were 2 dollars each at discount tire last week for me.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This is it. The small cars are descending upon AI, and we are powerless to stop it.

I think they're awesome - everything is a miniature version of a real thing. Example:

kastein posted:

Stops good

It is incredibly unmotivated. I might have to turbo it.

If you turbo it, it will be a teeny, tiny turbo. And it will be awesome :kimchi:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Strangely appropriate misspelling, due to chance of getting stabbed there.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Powered by hubris

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I thought outback was the model and legacy was the trim? Like outback sport vs legacy outback

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It looks like if you reinforce the parcel shelf a bit you could actually ghetto store flat things on top of it if you really needed to.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
To simulate the transmission shift, take your computer microphone and record yourself jangling your keys, then slow it down 40x.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
To save weight and complexity the emergency brake is connected simply to a switch that activates the AC clutch.

Bonus points, it's a unicorn NC A.C. clutch and the hvac controls actually open it when not needed.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
By "fluidfilm" treatment, do you mean spraying something like the Kroil all over the inside of the chute and blades? Because this is what we did in the army and it worked surprisingly well (which means it definitely wasn't an army invention).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Trying to make the "A" and "B" warehouse icons disappear, while still saving money versus a second shipping fee, is part of the game.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
How is it I owned a 97 outback that got lovingly to 380,000 miles with only a head gasket change/upgrade done at 350k on the original motor and 5MT transmission, but you chew through Subarus like I chew through sugar-free gummy bears? I mean, in the end, we both end up with a gigantic pile of poo poo, but I still have transportation?

(I do know that the outback's first 340k were done by a guy, my uncle, who did dealer work every 3,000 miles on the clock and only drove from Phoenix to New York multiple times a year in it, zero city driving, so that's some of the mystery).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I saw that photo on Reddit. Who narced?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I hope this stupid move Photobucket made kills them for good.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If it's not leaky, pull dat power steering pump and loop the remaining lines. Those shits are always leaky and expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

That's...not the fingat toilet.