Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
At what level do builds start to feel differentiated from each other, and how many hours does it take to reach that level assuming you know what you're doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
That is refreshingly honest and transparent.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
You get respec points from quests (something like 10-20 over the life of a character) that let you refund one point in the passive tree. You can also find an item called the Orb of Regret that will give you a respec point.

If you want to change your build more significantly than that, it's time to reroll.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Mr.48 posted:

Thats a pretty odd decision. I mean it would be an item of pure convinced that wouldn't give buyers any actual power. Tthey could raise quite a bit of money with those while keeping the game balanced.

Convenience becomes power after a certain point, if you can pay to do something instantly that would take another player 60 hours.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Mr.48 posted:

But it wouldn't give any gameplay advantage, its simply a time-saving convenience feature.

It could be a serious economic advantage. Here's an extreme example: Suppose somebody discovers an obscure but insanely overpowered build that allows for very profitable farming and requires a level 80 Witch. Someone with paid respecs could simply respec their high level Witch (which they're more likely to have in the first place, because with instant respec you'd only ever need 6 characters) and start farming. A player without cash to burn would have to level all the way to 80, by which time the build might be nerfed.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

LibbyM posted:

If I take that skill that makes my max life 1, and that skill that makes my spells do more damage when I'm at low health will the game think that A) I am always at low health, or B) I am always at full health, since I'm 1/1, and therefor not low.

"Low health" is below 35%. 1/1 is 100%. You will never be low health if you take CI.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Witch and Templar are both viable minion masters. Witch starts closer to both the important shield and curse passives, so it might be the better choice for your case.

Classes are indeed all monogendered.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Is there a quick/easy way to reset an area that you want to run multiple times or do you just have to wait 8-15 minutes for it to time out?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Therion posted:

Ctrl-click the entrance portal and press New. Works for waypoints too.

Thanks! Never would have figured that out on my own in a million years.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Wahad posted:

Does anybody know if there's a voice acting credit list to be found somewhere for this game? It's been bugging me for a while now why the Shadow sounds so drat familiar and I can't figure it out.

The wiki seems pretty good about listing voice actors. The Shadow is played by Mark Mitchinson Elliot Yule.

Thoom fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 29, 2013

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Wahad posted:

Barring the fact that he...isn't (it's Elliot Yule, according to the very wiki page you linked) that unfortunately doesn't solve my problem as I have no idea who that is. I guess he just sounds a lot like somebody else. Oh well.

Whoops. I looked up Tarkleigh after Shadow to see how comprehensive it was and copied his VA instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Sendo posted:

One of my problems with my Duelist is that the melee combat just felt really dull again this could just be due to my build as I didn't really focus on AOE, am I likely to have a better experience with a Marauder? otherwise I might just make a Witch.

My experience so far is that melee combat is dull and awkward no matter what build you're playing. Go for the Witch.

• Locked thread