Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
He was doing practical research for "Pantie Raid: The Game: HOUPLA Edition"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I'm not sure if this was meant to be a playable game or just a dummy file they put on the disc to use up remaining space. I also kinda want to see it in motion, but I have a feeling that "motion" is only loosely applied in this case.

Don't be silly, it's completely animated.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Now there's a Kickstarter. Android powered, open source indie doorstop. Compatible to all Apple products of course.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

caldrax posted:

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm not really looking for an android device to play netflix, I already have stuff that can do it... I just was trying to find a practical use for this lump of poo poo I over-zealously bought. If I can't do that with it, I'm gonna ebay it and just spend the money on, I dunno, a game, or some clothes, or something practical.

Well some people on this very site had some good results with making GBS threads on Gamecubes. I'm just throwing it out there.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Even if they had Minecraft who the gently caress still plays vanilla? There are so many good mods, some expand the game significantly, some are just for convenience but there is literally no reason not to mod the poo poo out of that game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Enallyniv posted:

I had a bit of a moment when it clicked for me that the 1999 in his name is the year he was born.

People born in 199 are now old enough to be the idiots who want to make a WoW killer in their basement with three guys and two weeks of "programming" experience. Makes you feel old.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

Done. At the end the screen zooms out to reveal a player sat at an Ouya. Then it zooms out again, and there's another person sat at an Ouya. And again and again. I am Aweful Dreamzle. You are Aweful Dreamzle. This is the terrible secret of space.

Oh god, Lowtax tried to warn us all these years ago but all we did was laugh. Quick, someone try pushing an OUYA, see if that helps.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Ara posted:

But I think he's a lot more upset about the wasted time than the money, and (let's suspend our disbelief and imagine we are all Ouya backers) he had no way of knowing that Ouya would attempt to commit fraud when mailing his parcel.

But he might have seen it coming. Although if he had he'd been smart enough to not buy an OUYA.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Juc66 posted:

I'd be dissapointed if people continue to buy into hardware items like this without doing due dilligence, like finding out if what's being promissed can actually be delivered with the prices that are being asked.

I won't be surprised when they jump on the next big shiny thing that promises them the world for next to nothing, but I'll be dissapointed when they do.

Not me, the OUYA is magical. Best 23 million ever spent by other people to entertain me.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Konjuro posted:

People aren't happy with Pebble? I admit I stopped following it after I got mine, but other than being delayed I don't remember people complaining about it. I'm perfectly happy with mine, it works as advertised in the original pitch. The final version even has a couple more features than the pitch, such as being water proof. I don't think any of that can be said for the Ouya.

I'm sure the OUYA is waterproof as well.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Konjuro posted:

But it has that ineffectual vent for the fan that's facing the wrong way on a chip that was designed to be passively cooled.

That's the joke.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

illiniguy01 posted:

Unless you are somehow going to bestbuy.com, you won't find anything ouya

Boots are literally on the web

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

boo_radley posted:

"The broiler room" is an amazing gently caress up.

"Broiler" is what they call roasted chicken in east Germany and I can only hope big console makers have a special room for roasting chicken because every company ever should have one.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

theflyingorc posted:

Yet you did exactly that. Is your advice "do as I say, not as I do? "

To be fair that's not exactly uncommon and if you pay attention you can learn from mistakes others make.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

theflyingorc posted:

So your objective was not to get a thing, but you thought the OUYA offered something so valuable that it needed to make it to market, even though competing superior alternatives exist?

How did your backing of this project make the world a better place?

I just don't get why you single out the OUYA so much. Granted, this is the OUYA thread but it's kind of common all over Kickstarter and from the looks of it, they're doing pretty well. I mean someone's kickstarting loving bottle openers for $35 and I know a guy who spent over $2500 on Star Citizen.

I have to defend the pants here, yeah sure, he could've used his money better but it's his money and he can use it as he pleases. He seems to be in one of his sane phases or as close as he gets so I'm willing to cut him some slack. He's not hurting anyone and I often say the OUYA is the best 23 or so million anybody has ever spent to entertain me so yeah, his money made the world a better place by making me laugh.

Edit: I found some OUYAs for sale, they seem to be going for 30 to 40€ and if one stays under 10 I'll buy it just because. Don't need it, got my phone for it. Maybe I'll make it into a flower pot because thermite has been done and I quite like my fingats.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 29, 2013

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

SocketSeven posted:

I'm a programmer! YAY! Now I can make an OUYA game! :downsbravo:

How about a game where you slingshot angry pigs at birds?

Well I could sell you my idea for a game about catapulting angry OUYAs at the big three. It's of course totally original do not steal and I just need a programmer to make it happen.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Anticheese posted:

Just to forestall the inevitable repeated question on this page: No, the OUYA is not good for emulation.

It is however good for immolation so I see where people might get confused.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

HairyManling posted:

I'm seriously considering buying an OUYA. The vents being on the bottom should provide good drainage as I plan on using the case to grow a small, bonsai style tree in. $100 might sound like a lot for a small pot, but seriously how often do you also get a twin stick controller with an overpriced flower pot at your local nursery? OUYA Inc. taking it to the big three in a big way. Armstrong's, The Plant Stand and Roger's Gardens are done and Baked. A lot.

Joke's on you, it'll just tip over.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

TopherCStone posted:

Except real Betamax tapes don't fit in it because 1996YA relies on tape sales to turn a profit, and the remote control keeps opening your garage door instead of starting Fargo of the Universe Alpha

But at least you don't have to get up to make Popcorn :downsrim:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

sleepwalkers posted:

It doesn't need to sell many units because there'll inevitably be four people per OUYA! :v:

Actually their plan is more sinister. They're no producing and selling many consoles so that as few people as possible know about it so they can repeat this with the OUYA2 all over again.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Zeether posted:

Because selling 5 units instead of 2 is selling more and that's success, right?

OUYA sales more than doubled, moving a lot of units.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

illiniguy01 posted:

Should I send another email asking if Ouya has approved this method of giving backer games?

Or even works that way

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Exciting developments. And still no support for external storage.

-Added external storage capability! OUYA can now be stored outside your house.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Shine posted:

I too lament when games are fun. Clearly what we need is a console that calls back to totally awesome 90's gaming.

I don't know man. There are some good games out there but in a long time none of them have made me their bitch.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

serewit posted:

My cat puts a lot of cheap and new turds in the litterbox every day, but you don't see me sticking them in gift bags.

Well maybe you should run a Kickstarter for that.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

IRQ posted:

Hey now, the old brick Zune was better than the iPod when it came out (gently caress that click wheel), also I got one for free... but the point stands, since I also had an iPod.

The OUYA isn't better than anything at all. Unless you're trying to play current android games on a Nexus One or something.

It's better at being a urinal cake than your average console as was proven a while ago.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Alan Smithee posted:

Some people have said it's stupid to go straight to Ouya 3 when we haven't made an Ouya 2 but the thing is GET SOME :shepface:

Pff, why bother with OUYA 2 at all? I mean XBox went to XBox 360 right away and OUYA won't be topped by the big three. Next up OUYA a lot, like a lot.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Enallyniv posted:

I don't even know what is a joke and isn't a joke in this thread any more. I should probably know better but it just seems like anything is believable from OUYA devs.

Thank me for believing!

GET SOME

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Might have been because the Gridiron guys had the good sense to deny it. I mean yeah still pretty blatant but they never admitted to anything.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

OSad posted:

This is great and all, but all the games you wanted to show people as system sellers either got wrangled by kickstarter or just straight-up decided to quit. And now your whole business model is wrapped around in voodoo cloth and skepticism, so I assume nobody wants to develop for you anymore.

I guess when you reach the bottom of the barrel, you only got up left to go, so that's a plus. :v:

First rule of OUYA: There are always new depths to sink to.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

KoldPT posted:

http://thatdragoncancer.com/post/61670610520/that-scapegoat-insert-people-group-here

I'm kinda sad now. I wish this guy wouldn't have associated himself with Leon Budd Enterprises.

Oh god, I never realized that when I make fun of OUYA I make fun of people! Let me laugh even harder.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
You forgot about Redtube.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

O Hanraha-hanrahan posted:

As per usual with anything Ouya related, there's a diehard fanatical fan in the Eurogamer comments.

There's probably a thesis waiting to be had by any psychology students who want to investigate why people get obsessed to the point of delusion about stuff like this.

Maybe there are some hornets nesting in his PS3. Ouya isn't big enough for that. OUYA: designed to be inhospitable to hornets.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Alan Smithee posted:

Valve is not on trial here, more Ouya please

How many are willing to bet this Totally Not Tron (it's Tron) game is sanctioned by Disney?
http://www.indiedb.com/games/super-light-cycles-tron

I don't think they ever went after Armagetron but that has always been free so no idea there.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Cliff Racer posted:

Out of curiosity is anyone out there doing full library downloads in the same way they are for Xbox Live/PSN? The preservationist in me is worried about what will happen when the Ouya store goes defunct.

You have to get your emulators somewhere else then.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Uncle Jam posted:

The worst part is that most of those people there are either working at the conference, employed by OUYA or doing some game for the OUYA, otherwise they wouldn't be clustered up front like that. Usually talks like this you get an even distribution if things aren't full up.

Sometimes you just want a quiet, cool place to sleep.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Complexcalibur posted:

So wait, what happened to Towerfall? Is Julie not pushing it any more because it's old news, or because the dev has made it perfectly clear that he isn't happy with OUYA and plans to jump ship? It just seems weird because this was the one game everyone was saying made an OUYA worth it.

First Canabalt, then Stalagfight, now Towerfall. I wonder what game will replace Amazing Frog as OUYA's champion.

NES emulator #7

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Uncle Jam posted:

Check out how a low end PC game has to be tweaked to get it to run on OUYA:

http://imgur.com/a/Qe8qE

Those are some pretty decent graphics for twenty years ago. I guess that's sticking with the entire indie retro theme though.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

gnarlyhotep posted:

Has Ouya the company ever released any actual sales/profit/anything numbers besides Julie's bullshit?

I mean for the company itself, not their latest shill game.

According to official OUYA statements profits are "A Lot. Like, a Lot."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

gnarlyhotep posted:

What's really funny is when you google "playstation 3 sales figures" you get this, and when you google "ouya sales figures" you get this. Guess which one has actual numbers.

Then again I'm comparing a publicly traded company to a private one, but the private one claims to be OPEN...

Talking out of your rear end is a kind of open.

• Locked thread