Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

After watching a few HooHa unboxing videos I can now say that the "developers" look and act exactly as I expected.

This is good, or not so much, actually feels cheap but HEY IT'S ONLY BETA OR ALPHA OR WHATEVER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peRCQfSTGBk&t=314s

Oh, hey there's a lizard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRumLSgpL7w&t=185s

I'm a cool internet guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRnhxel2KFs&t=30s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

What I want to know is how the gently caress a PITA controller costs $50 and a new 360 controller with USB receiver only costs $35?!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Since 360 controllers are Blutooth they would have been better off to order a ton in bulk than build some shitastic controller of their own. I know this isn't realistic but drat their official controllers had better be leaps and bounds above what they shipped with the dev kits otherwise they're gonna get eaten alive by the gaming media.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I was using Amazon as a price guide since, you know, the SCUBA controller is also listed for sale there.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

"How many consoles have you sold?"

"All of them Katie"

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Does the FALLUJA even come with a controller?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Khanstant posted:

There's a new unboxing video floating out there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_orj1z3mOY

I love the Uhrman face. Also now I want to play Aladdin.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

European Tech/Game Reviews are the single worst tech/games related journalists.

With the exception of Videogamer.com. But then again I doubt the Brits consider themselves part of Europe.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

OUYA: less interesting than grammar

I suspect the reason why TUBA fans have terrible English is because they're all children and mental deficients. Who else would still remain enthusiastic at this point?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

Just don’t be too quick to dismiss it, because in Ouya, there’s more than meets the eye.

This is true. There's all the unintended humor that comes along with it.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

As soon as Apple releases official controller support for iOS devices, including the AppleTV, Ouya Inc is beyond recovery (if they're not already).

I seriously doubt a good Android console using Google Play could even compete and be profitable against this.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Goddamn XboxPants. I'm just catching up to the past few pages and I've really had it with your inane writing 'style.'

The understood message is the key part of communication, damnit. To be an effective communicator, for the media or otherwise, you simply must convey your point to the audience. Now pay attention to the next sentence because this is what you keep failing to understand.

If the majority of your audience misunderstands your message you're being a poor communicator!

Of course there are times that people intentionally do this, like when obfuscating the reality of a topic while still being legally correct (see Julie's public messages for examples). Of course then you come off as slimy and dishonest, just like Julie Uhrman.

You seriously need to learn some perspective when it comes to writing, doubly so if you want writing to be your career. No firm worth a drat would hire someone who argues "Towerfall, meanwhile, is singlehandedly good enough to own an OUYA for." is the same thing as "Towerfall, meanwhile, is singlehandedly good enough that if you were given an OUYA for free, you'd probably no longer want to toss the console in the trash."

Sorry for the derail.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

XboxTrousers, if you want to do a podcast I'll co-host with you. I'm dead serious here. I don't have any experience making podcasts but I know how to ramble and rant online. Also I'll only ask for 1 bottle of Żubrówka per week as payment, no matter how many subscribers and paid adverts we have. I promise to prepare material for a 60-120 minute long podcast. Also, if you want me to actually play Ouya games, you'll have to send me one. I also live in Belgium. Let me know if this is good, just PM me.

No. 6 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 2, 2013

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

jhorphear posted:

Is it just me, or does she look like she could be a Cardassian?

Could likely be Cardassian.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

...just fingat the drat thing already.

What's fingat?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

etalian posted:

So do these OUYAs even have a warranty plan?

Yeah, you play it until you're utterly bored. Should take less time than equipment failure.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

With Christmas over, the holiday sales past, I want to see total sales numbers of Ouyas and games.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Did the revolution happen? Were the games finally freed or are they still held in political prisons across the e-verse?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Did Visorman ever get released?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Ouya has transcended E3, the parking lot, and the mortal realm. Ouya is now only found in the ether and in your hearts.

Praise be to Uhrman

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

In the real business world, no one is competent except the grunts, who're about to be part of the layoff/outsource.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Was it ever confirmed that Uhrman had only picked Yves to design the Ouya because he designed her favorite vibrator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

My favorite moment was discovering that the Ouya office was behind a gas station in a lovely stripmall.

• Locked thread