Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mr. Podunkian posted:

No big deal, guys. Just made the #4 best OUYA game without even trying.

http://www.gamesradar.com/best-ouya-games/

Like literally without trying.

#1 - a game that is available for Free (TM) on Kongregate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Podunkian posted:

Why are more and more sites using this multi page side scroll poo poo?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

KoldPT posted:

#1 - a game that is available for Free (TM) on Kongregate.

Your valiant knight controls like a dream with the Ouya controller (no small feat)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Why are more and more sites using this multi page side scroll poo poo?
I thought it was just basic unique hits boosting to get more ad impressions, you know, the usual sleazy internet design poo poo.

Might also be used to track how far people actually read into an article but eh.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
I got an Ouya for my birthday. What the hell, I love dicking around with android stuff (I have a slew of useless tablets and poo poo around). Spent my "work from home" day today dicking around with it, managed to get CyanogenMod 10 working on it, now I just have a tiny android tv box. Play store and everything works. Maybe I'll finally actually play FF Dimensions. Gotta find a launcher that works well with a controller though, the touchpad on the controller is poo poo.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So people are better off reading information in this link before buying a Ouya?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Mr. Podunkian posted:

Streemerz. Really?

That's the game where the villain is Derek Yu.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Today I was in GAME to get some Microsoft Points - while my order was being put through, I noticed the OUYA display, and asked if they'd sold many. The man at the till repeatedly stated that they'd been "flying off the shelves" and that I should buy one. I made a jokey reference to the troubles the console has had to shrug him off, and the guy then proceeded to lecture me for about five minutes on why the OUYA is the best console and I was wrong to not buy one.

Apparently "one of the staff had brought one" and liked it, because it made "everything 1080p" and had "loads of games" and was cheap for £100. After listening to this, I quickly made an excuse and left the store.

It was awkward.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008
I found another familiar face jonesing for Kickstarter money: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1206692245/dubwars-a-dubstep-fueled-top-down-twin-stick-shoot

Check out these recommendations!

quote:

"Best of OUYA at E3!" -awildpodcastappears

"Is this Featured? This needs to be featured!" -Julie Urhman OUYA CEO

"DubWars on my new OUYA... so sick worth the console alone." @apatheticcaring

"I don't even listen to dubstep, but the way this game uses the visuals and music was pretty amazing" -jimbobway (ouyaforums.net)

"I kinda scoffed at the concept before trying it, but it's totes terrific in the demo! Lots of fun and surprisingly unique in a world full of neon techno-driven dual stick shooters. Voted!" -Cheesehound (Steam Greenlight)

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
How does that poo poo have 20,000 already and better kickstarters can't hit 10k to fund. :smith:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Peas and Rice posted:

How does that poo poo have 20,000 already and better kickstarters can't hit 10k to fund. :smith:

Do those "better" kickstarters have dubstep-laden trenches? :colbert:

I bet there's not even dubstep lightly sprinkled on 'em.

RocketDarkness
Jun 3, 2008

Peas and Rice posted:

For some reason I read it as having $9,000, not $19,000. Now I'm depressed.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That game is literally just beat hazard except it's only dubstep. I wish I knew why people are acting like it's unique.

Then again, OUYA.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Peas and Rice posted:

1x 10k backer, 1x 2.5k backer, 1x 1k backer.

Himself, mom and dad.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I'd bet that it got a tiny bit of notoriety from that Giant Bomb stream. If only they played SotUA too.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Himself, mom and dad.

2x 10k backers now.
Please tell me that was one of you guys.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mr. Podunkian posted:

I busted out laughing when I saw just what game that was.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

raditts posted:

I busted out laughing when I saw just what game that was.

It's not exactly like Pacman, it has boxes to push around.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Himself, mom and dad.

Doesn't Kickstarter watch out for people donating to their own projects?

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

I got a two week gig out here in Port Hope
So what do I do with this thing guys

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jul 4, 2013

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
You slap a timg tag on it post haste, jesus dude the tables are in splinters.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

juicecube posted:

You could start by timg'ing it.

Then I don't know, throw it out or whatever. eBay maybe? Did you pay for it?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Why are all these retarded goons buying this thing.

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

I'm not too worried about it. I can afford it and besides I'll probably end up flipping it. I have no intention of opening it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

juicecube posted:

I'm not too worried about it. I can afford it and besides I'll probably end up flipping it. I have no intention of opening it

The worst things for sale website already provided a good answer in gif form:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

juicecube posted:

How many OUYAs can you buy every day? Cause the last guy to pull that argument could afford seven ouyas a day, so the bar is pretty high.

Also good luck flipping it for cost. I'm seeing them move in the $60-70 range on ebay right now, although there's a guy trying to sell a controller for $95...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

juicecube posted:

Can you afford to fix your giant rear end image?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zaphod42 posted:

It also perpetuates the ignorance that programming is just typing and anybody can just pick it up, which makes it so interviewing for programmers is the worst loving experience in the world. :argh:

Don't most places make applicants take a programming test as part of their application, and toss any resumes from people who didn't do well enough?

e:

RatHat posted:

Why would they? Getting paid means more to them than someone padding their own kickstarter. They aren't even competent enough to remove a date rape guide when they have *only* 2 hours to review the kickstarter that takes 5 minutes to read over and 10 minutes to google some terms that make any sane person :catstare:

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 4, 2013

illiniguy01
Feb 19, 2011

Sweat, Ubu. Sweat. Good paranoid schizophrenic.

RatHat posted:

The people that run kickstart have shown that they won't mess with something that will make them money.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

juicecube posted:

NWS that poo poo, man.

juicecube
Nov 14, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

How many OUYAs can you buy every day? Cause the last guy to pull that argument could afford seven ouyas a day, so the bar is pretty high.

Also good luck flipping it for cost. I'm seeing them move in the $60-70 range on ebay right now, although there's a guy trying to sell a controller for $95...

To be fair I bought it before I knew you were going to be mad at me for buying it

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

juicecube posted:

To be fair I bought it before I knew you were going to be mad at me for buying it

Actually, I`m not mad - I don`t think anyone here is, really. We're mocking you for your poor decisions.

If only we were mad, you could snicker and stand tall against these goony goons who disapprove of your decision. Ah! Look at all these idiots, look how mad I've made them by squandering money on the Unconsole! you would say, stroking your goatee. Dance, puppets, dance!

But let's face the fact - you have an ouya. You spent $100 on it, $100 that I imagine you worked for. That's 100 dollar menu items you can't buy, because you bought a ouya. You could have taken a girl on a pretty nice date for that $100, but you bought a ouya. You could have bought a couple of decently recent video game for that $100, but now you have a ouya. You could have seen three movies in theater and bought popcorn, but you bought a ouya. You could have saved for retirement, but you bought a ouya.

Why would I be mad? I'm not even sad, I'm just... I don't know, I'm not even mocking you really. I had a pretty good smirk, then I typed out this post and now I'm wondering what I'm doing with my life. How did I end up here, on my couch in front of the tv typing a long rear end post questioning a stranger's choice of console. I must have made a mistake somewhere along the way, grown-up life wasn't supposed to be like this.

But then I look out the window and the sky seems a little bit brighter, because there's one mistake I didn't make. I didn't buy an ouya.

Fake edit: Since your fishing for it, just fingat the drat thing already.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

juicecube posted:

Make everybody else in the thread submit a toxx clause in the form of "If juicecube sends me his OUYA, I will use it to <do something>" and mail it to a goon of your choice, depending on how awesome his idea is. Or just fill its wi-fi-incompatible little body cavity with thermite and film it melting away at every seam.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Or just fill its wi-fi-incompatible little body cavity with thermite and film it melting away at every seam.

Or just plug it in and run it for a few minutes

and film it melting away at every seam.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

...just fingat the drat thing already.

What's fingat?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

No. 6 posted:

What's fingat?
Reference to this lovely piece of SA history.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

Joe Don Baker posted:

Why are all these retarded goons buying this thing.

I just made a stupid mistake and hadn't checked SA in weeks so I didn't know what a disaster I was getting into. Somebody was making a big deal out of it on another forum, and I bought into the hype machine, not thinking about the fact that the video only showed wooden cutouts of the controllers, and a fake interface, and games that were not actually coming out for the thing. If you re-watch that video, the level of deception is pretty enormous, and at the time I just wasn't of the mindset to see through the cracks. I also had a lot of disposable income at that moment.

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
So dubstep now sells more than sex?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
when are we getting a fingat-level video when someone here gets an OUYA and toasts it? OUYA and thermite sounds like a very good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Make everybody else in the thread submit a toxx clause in the form of "If juicecube sends me his OUYA, I will use it to <do something>" and mail it to a goon of your choice, depending on how awesome his idea is. Or just fill its wi-fi-incompatible little body cavity with thermite and film it melting away at every seam.

My vote is to do one of these things with it, preferably the first because I feel like we could get some fingats out of this if we really put our minds to it.

• Locked thread