Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
I would check every page bar the front one. :doh:

While I'm using the thread for dumb tech support, I see people on the official forums are confused about making extra pledges without having to pay for the whole new copies on the Pledges page itself. Anyone here solved that, to let me get something I want out of my extra points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother None
Feb 25, 2013

On the line for InXile
SURPRISE!

First Glimpse of Torment: Tides of Numenera

coz that's how we roll

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
drat, that looks great. I assume it's at least partially non-in-game footage since the production supposedly started just recently?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I am stoked that I gave y'all $65, Wasteland 2 comes out in hours essentially and now you throw this out.

That looks fan-loving-tastic for preproduction footage, and looks to be true to the Torment name. All the things I loved about BIS RPGs and dearly missed for the past decade and a half are coming home to roost, and I couldn't he happier. I am very actively anticipating the beta of this.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

:fap:
That looks amazing. Quite surprised there's so much voice acting.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
That looks rad.

omeg posted:

:fap:
That looks amazing. Quite surprised there's so much voice acting.
Yeah, hopefully they don't go too crazy with the budget there. I would have been fine with just limited voice-acting like Planescape did.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
Wow, it looks and (especially) sounds so good. Super impressed by the snippet of the soundtrack in there. I haven't really been following much since the kickstarter so I didn't even know there was going to be voice acting, it sounds great.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I was kinda on the fence about the ultra-sci-fi setting of the game until I saw that trailer.

I am now riding this hype train all the way to the end of the line. That looks loving fantastic.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
The music is so reminiscent of PST that only my intimate familiarity with that soundtrack assures me it's not asset reuse.

(I think.)

Looks very cool though, very much what I wanted out of a PST successor.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Sleep of Bronze posted:

The music is so reminiscent of PST that only my intimate familiarity with that soundtrack assures me it's not asset reuse.

(I think.)

Looks very cool though, very much what I wanted out of a PST successor.

Mark Morgan is having a pretty good decade here in the late aughts-mid teens so far

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I've definitely heard a semblance of PS:T menu theme there.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I love the bit where they are running up the stairs; the movement capture is spot on and it feels very dynamic

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

lordfrikk posted:

drat, that looks great. I assume it's at least partially non-in-game footage since the production supposedly started just recently?

It all looks Unity/in-engine to me. Half of those backgrounds/people have already been shown, the animated bits are very sparse across each screen, and there was some judicious editing between action. I don't see any reason that couldn't have been all built in-game, even if the dialog system was mostly hard-coded rather than dynamic at the moment.

Fuschia tude fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 18, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I like the look of the video.
Nice details so far. It's pretty amazing that it'll only get better looking as it develops.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

omeg posted:

I've definitely heard a semblance of PS:T menu theme there.

He's ripping... er... himself off quite a bit there. Not that I mind. It's a great intro track to pluck those nostalgia strings.

Almost tempted to add alpha access to my pledge now. MUST RESIST.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

I was kinda grumbling to myself about the KS update not having some more screenshots or something, and then you post this. drat, very impressive.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
I was a little bummed out that the update today didn't have anything concrete, and then Brian Fargo goes and puts a 3-minute in-game teaser on Youtube. And it's so incredibly glorious.

Which just means that I want to play it right now more than ever.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Airfoil posted:

He's ripping... er... himself off quite a bit there. Not that I mind. It's a great intro track to pluck those nostalgia strings.

Almost tempted to add alpha access to my pledge now. MUST RESIST.

I guess that's preferable to ripping other people off, which was what he did for previous games...

but I still love ya Mark.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Torment 2 is also a sequel to Planescape so I would expect them to have similar music as callbacks, just look at Final Fantasy for example.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
That looked spectacular. I wish Wasteland 2 had those kind of production values, but regardless, really looking forward to this.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

That looked spectacular. I wish Wasteland 2 had those kind of production values, but regardless, really looking forward to this.

I've not been following Wasteland Two graphically very much. Does it look significantly worse? Everything I've heard has been pretty positive - except for the lack of character portraits.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Drifter posted:

I've not been following Wasteland Two graphically very much. Does it look significantly worse? Everything I've heard has been pretty positive - except for the lack of character portraits.

Certainly less polished with lower standards across the board. The Obsidian pseudo-isometric tech really helps, but there's evidently more attention to detail and simply more work put into these maps (at least as far as the look goes).

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
They could survive WL2 no matter what. If they gently caress up Torment theyre out of business.

No pressure. :v:

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
Between the quality of Wasteland 2 and how good that teaser looks, I think they're going to be just fine.

Now, bring on that first-person Bard's Tale reboot.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Holy poo poo, that game looks really good, and definitely reminiscent of Torment in vague ways. I'm really excited about this. Chuffed, you might say.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Rinkles posted:

Certainly less polished with lower standards across the board. The Obsidian pseudo-isometric tech really helps, but there's evidently more attention to detail and simply more work put into these maps (at least as far as the look goes).

I think the zoomed in Project Eternity '2d' thing looks really good. I wouldn't mind if a future Wasteland 3 went ahead and used the same style.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Fintilgin posted:

I think the zoomed in Project Eternity '2d' thing looks really good. I wouldn't mind if a future Wasteland 3 went ahead and used the same style.

I wonder if that is what's next in line. Fargo has more or less exhausted Interplay's well of nostalgia. I don't believe Bard's Tale has anywhere near the pull of the other two (Wasteland is probably more niche, but it rode on Fallout's coattails). And I don't think they could get around licensing issues of the other D&D games anywhere near as easily as they did with Torment. Maybe Dark Alliance, but that's a different demographic. Or it might be time for something original.

With Wasteland 2 done and Torment in production, the new fundraiser can't be too far way.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Tomb of Horrors CRPG, Dark Souls meets Infinity Engine.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Waci posted:

Tomb of Horrors CRPG, Dark Souls meets Infinity Engine.

What does that even mean?

Icewind Dale without ANY dialog? It sounds like you want another standard roguelike. Jesus, just take your pick.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Looks cool. Something about the way it looks though gives me a Septerra Core vibe.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Great Rumbler posted:

Now, bring on that first-person Bard's Tale reboot.
poo poo just bring on a low-power-but-modern remake. I tried it on a (fancy, real-time) c64 emulator and ... ugh ... i cant believe I would sit there waiting for EVERY FIGHT to load for 30-60 seconds.

EVERY FIGHT. ALL GAME LONG.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Rinkles posted:

I wonder if that is what's next in line. Fargo has more or less exhausted Interplay's well of nostalgia. I don't believe Bard's Tale has anywhere near the pull of the other two (Wasteland is probably more niche, but it rode on Fallout's coattails). And I don't think they could get around licensing issues of the other D&D games anywhere near as easily as they did with Torment. Maybe Dark Alliance, but that's a different demographic. Or it might be time for something original.

With Wasteland 2 done and Torment in production, the new fundraiser can't be too far way.

I've been embarrassing myself by shouting "FADING SUNS!" at every dev on the forum. I should stop, but I really want a Fading Suns RPG :(

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
A long extremely detailed Paranoia isometric CRPG with hand-painted CYOA pages/elements at certain-death checkpoints.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hey maybe they can do a card game :v:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm not exactly sure what I was hoping for when I backed this game, but I think it was something like what I just watched.

Patrick_B
Jan 4, 2008
They should finish Torn!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Holy poo poo that looks awesome.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Loving the art, loving the rendering (thanks Obsidian!), loving the music, loving everything.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?
This and Pillars of Eternity are the only games I'm looking forward to at the moment. The sad thing is that I neither helped fund this or the other. Two sales coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wonder if you can feed one of your companions to the Maw (or even yourself).

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Sep 18, 2014

• Locked thread