Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Might as well get this out of the way early.

Also, if Rohan is the protagonist for Part 4, then Buccellati sure as hell is the protagonist for Vento Aureo.

This reminds me, if the thread starts taking nominations for a subtitle, is it alright if I throw 'Awaken, my posters' into the ring? Assuming it hasn't been done before.

And is Rohan really the protagonist for Part 4? :psyduck: If that's true my mind's blown. Did Araki say this somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mikeycp posted:

Now I have completely finished Part 3, and I come to a crossroads.
Do I read Part 4 in English, or DUWANG? (Probably English)

DUWANG is the only proper way to experience part 4 and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :colbert:

No but seriously save yourself some grief and just stick with English.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think a stand that gives the user a Midas Touch would be sweet. Like, anything they touch turns into feathers or something. Call it If I Could Fly or something like that.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

I don't think he did bring Bruno back to life. That was all Bruno.

He used Sticky Fingers and zipped death away. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Maremidon posted:

Maybe B.I.G. brings it's user back to life once it kills the target?

I always was under the assumption B.I.G. controlled the host and drove them to death so it could activate properly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

How many Polaroid cameras did Dio go through?

Do you remember how many cameras you have smashed in your life?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Broseph Brostar posted:

I never realized it, but Holly really is the only non-protagonist Joestar.

How could you forget our good buddy George Joestar II.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

I'm so excited to see the final battle in GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR. Just trying to picture it is making me giddy.

We still don't even know how many episodes this series is going to be, right?

Based on the pace so far it's looking like a 3 cour series, which would mean 39 glorious episodes of JoJo.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I really hope they being back the race car sound effect from the ova. That was always one of the cooler things about that adaptation.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I'm partial to the ones where the hero just straight up outsmarts the villain and everyone gets some good shots in (god part 4 had such an incredibly good final fight).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

It's gonna be hype as gently caress I can't wait to see the color filters they use for it and hear the time stop music.

For all the OVA did wrong, I sincerely hope they keep the racecar sound effect followed by the silence of the time stop.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I have to wonder if someone couldn't beat Giorno by doing something like, say, putting a steel cage around him? It's not actually an attack and doesn't harm him so it could maybe get around GER's ridiculously overpowered ability.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Edit: Also I feel kind of weird about Joseph having an affair. That just... doesn't seem like him. Maybe young Joseph, but old Joseph is perfect...

No see, it makes perfect sense if you rationalize it as the result of a grocery store mishap gone horribly, horribly wrong when Joseph helped Josuke's mom clean up a spilled carton of eggs one day.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Better yet, how did no one notice the chunk of chocolate sitting under the cup?

Edit: Why is Tamami so small now? What the gently caress?

D'Arby did, didn't he? He blocked the sun from melting it so it would melt on Joseph's turn.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

Does Yami set anyone on fire?

Actually, yes.

He also blew up a guy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Steely's Banned.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's weird. He dresses like Piccolo for, like, most of the series, then starts dressing like Goku during the Buu Arc.

Maybe he felt guilty about getting him killed by Cell.

Maybe to him it was a way of feeling closer to his dad.

Even though there's basically 0 reason they couldn't communicate telepathically by way of King Kai.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I really really wish people would stop spoiling poo poo in the anime thread.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah, just imagine those chiselled features and rock hard abs

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Josuke is just as much of a dick as his dad was..

Josuke trapped a man inside of a rock for eternity, but it's okay because Crazy Diamond's ability comes from Josuke's ~HEART OF KINDNESS~

The dude murdered his grandpa and could not be sent to prison due to his ghost powers.

So Josuke sent him to Ghost Prison instead.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Dude don't make the exact same post as me seconds before I do holy poo poo

This must be the work of an enemy stand

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
RIP to that awesome Diamond is Unbreakable AMV that's been up on youtube for years.

A copyright claim got the music in it :negative:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Darko posted:

I hated the Anubis fight in the manga, but it being animated made it far more enjoyable.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode(s) since it's a lot of Joseph running around screaming in Engrish, probably.

Is it Bast?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You know, I hadn't even considered it until last night, but what if DavidPro decides to take some creative license with the Dio fight?

I mean, they added stuff like Star Finger against Anubis. Maybe Dio might shoot those Space Ripper Stingy Eye beams at Jotaro. :dance:

Can he freeze something at some point too

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Butt Ghost posted:

No protagonist makes it out alive. Except the Steels if you count them. Johnny almost did until Jojolion came and smashed his head in.

Speaking of, Josuke supposedly died after part 4, right?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Part 5 is basically Part 3 2: Electric Boogaloo, correct?

I wish Araki had his stand poo poo sorted out back in Part 3. Iggy with a power like Narancia's would be so cool because then he'd be an aircraft terrier

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Part 4 is the best and I will fight you over it.

It's no use talking to a guy who doesn't respect the DUWANG

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Then why didn't Pucci load himself up with multiple stands at any point? He had dozens of them.

For about a month Joseph was macking on Joseph's mom.

I thought Pucci couldn't use the disks on himself.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gtPd9hZGRE

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Polnareff would find Dio's place and get chased by Pet Shop back to the group, Avdol would probably fend off the ice for a bit before taking a serious hit, Joseph would go "HOREE SHEET", and Jotaro would say "Yare yare" and punch the bird in the face somehow.

So, basically, any other Stand Battle.

Jotaro would find some Egyptian kids playing marbles and part 4 would start early

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Pearl Jam was is and will always be the peak of JoJos to me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Pearl Jam is great, but it's got nothing on the Killer Queen and Stray Cat fight.

Killer Queen and Stray Cat do not have delicious looking food.

Therefore they instantly are inferior

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Hamon, jeez

uh

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

t's not a fighting game.

:can:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Creeps are a food with a cultural impact felt around The World

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

If not, I might just whip up something in Photoshop.

It's getting bought and then stuffed in a shelf with all my other anime shame

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's not confirmed whether it's a Stand or not, but it does have a Stand naming scheme so who knows.

So does Speedwagon

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LordLeckie posted:

Turns out Gappy is the 5th neo-pillar man.

You mean the fifth column?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Also I watched that Part 4 AMV, and now my hype has skipped straight over Dio's World all the way to Pearl Jam, even though it's at the very least a year off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ironically Alessi was probably the most potentially dangerous out of all the stands in part 3.

If he touched DIO for even a second, The World's gone and he's just a normal vampire.

E: although even if he was there for like 20 seconds it would downgrade him from The Murderking to vampire to a 6'5 rugby player so Alessi's probably hosed either way

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 1, 2015

• Locked thread