Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

qirex posted:

The beaver inspector plot

They either rehearsed the hell out of that or are super in-sync when it comes to improv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I love my Guild of Calamatous Intent shirt

But I wish they had more base colors than black and gray. 24 on a powder blue background could be good

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

I love my Guild of Calamatous Intent shirt

But I wish they had more base colors than black and gray. 24 on a powder blue background could be good

It’s powder blue…

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Splint Chesthair posted:

It’s powder blue…

Unrelated, but the show that gave us your avatar recently had it's anniversary. My FB feed was filled with Greatest American Hero content.

Thanks for posting the links to the store. I got a Monarch logo shirt last time, and this time, I finally got my Venture Industries shirt. I got me and my wife GCI shirts, too. She wants one with a noice depiction of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch; do they ever have any of those come up?

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

tarlibone posted:

Unrelated, but the show that gave us your avatar recently had it's anniversary. My FB feed was filled with Greatest American Hero content.

Truly blessed. I loved that dumbass show as a kid, to the point where I had a 45 of the theme song and my mom made me a Ralph costume for Halloween one year. I’ve gone back to it a few times and wondered what the hell was wrong with me at 6 years old.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I’d like to get the Venture logo shirt but I already have a bunch of shirts from the final shirt club I already don’t wear enough.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

tarlibone posted:

Thanks for posting the links to the store. I got a Monarch logo shirt last time, and this time, I finally got my Venture Industries shirt. I got me and my wife GCI shirts, too. She wants one with a noice depiction of Dr. Mrs. The Monarch; do they ever have any of those come up?

Kind of? Are you thinking of a shirt like this?

https://myclubtee.com/product/venture-bros-modern-enemy-monthly-dr-mrs-monarch-shirt/

I think this was one of the t-shirt club shirts, or something very close to it. It was one of the shirts I didn't feel right wearing in public.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Splint Chesthair posted:

It’s powder blue…

in stunning Blizzard Pearl!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

limp_cheese posted:

Kind of? Are you thinking of a shirt like this?

https://myclubtee.com/product/venture-bros-modern-enemy-monthly-dr-mrs-monarch-shirt/

I think this was one of the t-shirt club shirts, or something very close to it. It was one of the shirts I didn't feel right wearing in public.

They had this one

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I cannot for the life of me get that search to work

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Altared State posted:

They had this one

I don't think that was part of a t-shirt club because I don't recognize it and don't have it, unless it was from Season 7 or 8 where I forgot about the club.

Otherwise the one I posted is a shirt they sent out because I have it in my closet.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I got it from the t-shirt club but I don't remember if it was a reprint or they just had extras that didn't sell.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Altared State posted:

They had this one

This was definitely part of an early shirt club. I want to say it was called “mod style” or something like that. It was one of my favorites.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wore the mod one until it fell apart.

The other one has never been on my body and lives in a bin with other t shirts I don't wear for one or another reason but won't get rid of

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Warbird posted:

I’d like to get the Venture logo shirt but I already have a bunch of shirts from the final shirt club I already don’t wear enough.

FOLLOW!

THAT!

BIKINI!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Or wear ever speaking of.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Sash! posted:

The other one has never been on my body and lives in a bin with other t shirts I don't wear for one or another reason but won't get rid of

I have all my old shirts, many full of armpit holes, in boxes. I’d like to get them made into a quilt or something so that I can sleep under it alone, forever.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

limp dick calvin posted:

I have all my old shirts, many full of armpit holes, in boxes. I’d like to get them made into a quilt or something so that I can sleep under it alone, forever.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

My OSI one feels like its barely there and it was already a thin shirt. My other ones have held up well, but the Shallow Gravy, Venture logo (just bought a replacement), and Morpho shirt are showing their wear.

Luckily the My Villian Only Got Me This Stupid Shirt is still going strong.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

limp dick calvin posted:

I have a long couch cushion made from well-loved shirts. The dogs love it!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Sash! posted:

I have that mod one and it is currently sitting in a bin much like the one you’ve described above along with all the other old shirt club shirts I don’t want to ruin or get rid of. Most I’ve worn before, but I don’t know if I’ve ever worn the Dean! one.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
I just want another guild zip-up hoodie, saw a dude on one of the venture FB fan groups made some, but due to the technomagic of ~the algorithm~ I saw it like, weeks after he shipped 'em.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41p7E-lRVH8&lc=UgyuwgEgCgtdeU_em3t4AaABAg

So I just watched the above clip again on a lark and paused it on Brick Frog's dossier page. It confirms what Sheila implied about Brick Frog. He never actually throws the bricks. (Either that or he has REALLY bad aim).

"Notes on Affiliate: Reliable but incapable of competent violence outside of basic intimidation. (Holding a brick with intent to throw same).

Below that: Apparently his origin story is that he owned a brick works store that was bought out by the company he arches.

Note on the other page: "Could benefit from one of the Guilds [redacted] such as "Big Villain"

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Apr 3, 2024

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm really not surprised that a lot of the Guild's level 1s are basically theatre kids who are reticent to engage in any kind of violence that might actually have consequences.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ChrisBTY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41p7E-lRVH8&lc=UgyuwgEgCgtdeU_em3t4AaABAg

So I just watched the above clip again on a lark and paused it on Brick Frog's dossier page. It confirms what Sheila implied about Brick Frog. He never actually throws the bricks. (Either that or he has REALLY bad aim).

"Notes on Affiliate: Reliable but incapable of competent violence outside of basic intimidation. (Holding a brick with intent to throw same).

Below that: Apparently his origin story is that he owned a brick works store that was bought out by the company he arches.

Note on the other page: "Could benefit from one of the Guilds [redacted] such as "Big Villain"

They talk about it one of the commentary tracks. Brickfrog has an elaborate backstory now. His family makes bricks, and he primarily arches people who use alternative building materials. There’s a lot more info than what’s in the dossier, but Doc made sure that it was fully filled out for the movie so that people could pause on it and enjoy.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

drat it! I re-read the dossier and it has 'Brick Throwing' as one of his special abilities. How did I miss that?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I love Phantom Limb pointing. Or gesturing. The point being, his arm is invisible and he still does stuff with it that would rely on it being visible for its full effect. Or any effect.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

LashLightning posted:

I love Phantom Limb pointing. Or gesturing. The point being, his arm is invisible and he still does stuff with it that would rely on it being visible for its full effect. Or any effect.

What are you doing?

I'm rubbing my hands menacingly!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

It's funny because gloves are pretty standard supervillain attire but he doesn't wear them presumably so he's always ready to use his, uh, ghost grip, or whatever it's called.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

It's funny because gloves are pretty standard supervillain attire but he doesn't wear them presumably so he's always ready to use his, uh, ghost grip, or whatever it's called.

I believe the phrase is pounding his unfeasible meat.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

ChrisBTY posted:

drat it! I re-read the dossier and it has 'Brick Throwing' as one of his special abilities. How did I miss that?

All he knows is brick throwing and frog being

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016
He does have the capability of yelling his own name in a dramatic fashion

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He just doesn’t want to look like Ray-Man.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny thing is I bet if you're around him long enough you start to understand his gestures even if you can't properly see them.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

limp_cheese posted:

What are you doing?

I'm rubbing my hands menacingly!

Yeah, well. Nobody can see it. >_>

Why would he need to? Nothing can penetrate his ELECTRICALLY IMPALPABLE LIMBS!

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah, well. Nobody can see it. >_>

Why would he need to? Nothing can penetrate his ELECTRICALLY IMPALPABLE LIMBS!

He needs to be able to MESS UP A GUY JUST BY TOUCHING HIM whenever.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

And is also a HUMORLESS DICK.

Jimbone Tallshanks fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 10, 2024

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I know he wears a lot of purple for a white guy

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Wow, this was actually a good show, did anyone notice???

Apparently not enough did :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Venture Bros ran for 20 years! That's pretty impressive!

Occasionally I'll wear my guild t-shirt and someone in public will compliment it. They know I know what I know they know