Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Winklebottom posted:

255 for overseas shipping :(

This hurts me.

You have to read the fine print! If you get the whole subscription, you only pay it once, for $174:

http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/venture-bros-shirt-club-subscription posted:

For international orders, a $9.00 (USD) surcharge will be added to the price, but if you buy a Shirt Club subscription, that $9.00 is a one-time charge, not a recurring one -- super added value bonus!

edit: oh, someone else already mentioned this. Well here it is again, because I don't want any sad goons abroad.

I didn't love every single shirt in the last club, but I don't think I can pass this one up. They're just subtle enough that you can wear most of them in any company without flying your cartoon nerd flag. Plus then I can wear my bonus shirt and laugh at the a la carte proletariat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

The World Leaders vanity card was replaced with a Titmouse card there at the end so... probably.

Yeah, they picked up production starting with Shallow Gravy. They should be more efficient than WL since they're a bigger company so people are hoping for tighter season scheduling between 5 and 6. But I'm not sure it's possible to rush Doc and Jackson.

To answer someone else's question, it is Urbaniak doing the Titmouse chirp. In the Halloween episode it was Dean.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I'm glad we got some Dr Z, he always makes me laugh. There's something wonderful about his friendly enthusiasm for villainy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

It also seemed that he cared more about his friendship with Rusty then he did about the boys. While Hatred seems to just tolarate Rusty and really cares for Dean and Hank.

I never really think about this, but it's one of the thing I miss most about Brock. I love when he goes all murder machine or when he's dealing with Hank, but that seems to happen anyway when he shows up these days. I really miss him and Rusty playing off each other and Brock's range of emotions from disgusted at Doc to downright chummy. Someone posted it a couple pages back, but I love when they start cracking up about their moustaches while telling Orpheus about the clones.

Actually I guess I love Brock being lighthearted no matter who he's with. Him and Hunter counting cows was always one of my favorites and just hearing him yell "Spanakopita!" in the last episode made me all giddy.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Holy poo poo it has begun! :supaburn:

edit: Haha, I posted too soon. I forgot about the wonderful bonus inside for each shirt.

Ror fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 29, 2013

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

FordCQC posted:

Whoa weird, mine are all green, not white and green like that.

For some reason the angle and lighting made them look weird, they are indeed dark green on a lighter green.

I can already tell that the HankCo shirt is going to get some mileage out of it, I really do like just the simple logo style shirts. I'll wait until the Destiny one arrives to make my decision, but I think that one might go straight in the "resell" pile. :/

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

X_Toad posted:

Hank, on the other hand, just seems to want to scam people and so comes up with fancy names and descriptions for dishes that are worthless, and have people pay high price for it.

You are representing HankCo, son! Show some pride!

The hat stays on :colbert:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Red posted:

Can you even get the original Shirt Club shirts? How much do they go for?

If you're looking for an original run that's actually unworn then you might as well be St. Cloud. They only produced enough for people who ordered, like this run. You could snag them on eBay in the months after, usually for dumb prices, but most of those were knock-offs too. I suppose you might find someone who threw them in a closet or who wants to sell gently-worn used ones, but I'd be surprised.

If you just want the deisgns, they go for the price that internet sites charge people to sell their own (like Redbubble), because tons of people have shamelessly ripped them off. And you probably want to look at images of the originals just to make sure they got it right, some have slightly different colors or designs. However, it's really the best way to get the same shirts and they'll probably cost you 25-30 bucks max.

I haven't gotten any of the ones I'm missing, but I'm not really sure on the quality of blanks those sites use. If they're good then I don't see how they could mess up the simpler designs like Hatred or Killinger. I really want a Guild shirt but last time I looked it seemed like none of the designs were identical to the original.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Daktar posted:

I seem to recall not liking Every Which Way But Zeus when I first watched it. I have absolutely no idea why, it's amazing.

'You have until I finish this juicebox. Warning! I am tursty! It is fruit punch, and it is delicious!'

I sort of remember feeling the same thing and I don't know why either. The Scott Hall reveal, the return of Ghost Robot... that episode is great.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Insane criminals introduction is one of the greatest scenes I have ever witnessed in fiction. Crimerobot.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Medullah posted:

Plus, you know, WALKING EYE!

Complete with monkey-proof welding.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

I loved how the Viceroy realized this earlier this season. He told Venture that working for the Monarch and Rusty was pretty much the same.

Gary would be so happy if he knew that someone actually referred to him as The Viceroy with complete sincerity.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I flipped through the monarch episodes from season 3 I didn't find that anywhere.

You're flawed Install Gentoo, you must sterilize. STERILIZE!

It's not from a later episode, it's from the same origin speech he gives in the first episode. He does that after all the butterflies die, but it's still implied that he spent several weeks or months in the woods. With a highway nearby.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Speaking of divisive opinions, do you have a favorite dead clone? Deanbortion counts.

Gas leak. The silent killer.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I heard Frankenstein today and now I demand to know why Edgar Winter hasn't been added to the show's cast of old rockers. And albinos.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

This Destiny shirt is loving baller.

It's a lot better than I thought it would be in person. I'm really digging the Spanakopita shirt too, the color really pops. Also, it makes me yell SPANAKOPTIA! every time I catch my reflection somewhere.

The URGH one is actually the one I've gotten that I'm least thrilled about.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Hedrigall posted:

Are the current Dean & Hank the ones resurrected in Powerless In The Face Of Death?

They die again in Viva los Muertos by the ersatz Mystery Inc guys, so it's at least those. I can't remember any others after that.

edit: oh wait, that was a flashback and the rest are just clones. It might be the same ones since the season two premiere. Seems like a good run. vvv yes. :downs:

Ror fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 31, 2013

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

She doesn't know her episodes, I finally figured out from context that she's talking about the scene where SPHINX packs up in the season premiere.

It really is only like 4 frames though, he walks behind the table and then it cuts away.

God bless the artists. :allears: Some bonus Sky Pilot mean muggin' too.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

If you guys would just post by the rules1, none of this would be happening.

1 The GHOST PIRATE rules

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Man, they really need to make action figures of everything from this show. Underbheit, HELPER, Plugface, Walking Eye, Phineas Phage... every single character is just so wonderfully unique, it would blow a lineup of GI Joes out of the water. And of course you would need all the vehicles, from the boys' hover bikes to the giant Sphinx ship. Will mom and dad splurge and get you the Spider-Skull Island or Gargantua Two playsets?

I would sit on my floor and shamelessly smash them together making my own sound effects like an 8-year-old.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

prefect posted:

That five-note bit they play at the end of each cold open these days would make a great ringtone. (I think it's five notes; it's "bah BAH bah BAH BAH")

Jeffrey posted:

Isn't it 8 notes with the followup? (dun DUN dun DUN DUN dun dun dun)

These two posts work brilliantly when you're reading the thread as alternating 21 and 24.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Miltank posted:

All Terrain Scout Transport :whatup:

I think you mean "Shcout Transhport."

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Correct answer was "reconnaissance applications"!

Points lost all around for failing to mention the monkey-proof welding.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It's nice to see that Urbaniak is wearing the Shirt Club shirts in the wild.

Hope you didn't get your hopes up that a new post in this thread was some actual VB news. Only 9 more months!

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

Besides which, it's jock rock.

It's all about love, and longing!

Yes, and hobbits too.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Data Graham posted:

"Clones" is the only way it works as a post-credits sting twist. :colbert:

It was supposed to leave you thinking "Wait what did he say, they were clones :tviv: " just before quitting for the season.

"Clothes" would be a weak and meaningless thing to leave the audience on. Why even bother saying it, let alone wasting the season's final post-credits stinger on it?

Did you watch it before you saw any of season 2? Before you even knew there was going to be another season?

I maybe remember one or two people guessing that the boys might be cloned among many other crazy theories after the first season. I don't think any of them ever piped up later to say "I told you so" because the real deal wasn't really what the had in mind. I don't think I've ever heard someone argue about "clothes" who watched the first season in isolation.

There were lots of weird and short-lived adult swim shows in the early 2000s though, I don't think I questioned that they died for a second when I first watched it. Oh, the Venture Bros. was a cool show. They die at the end.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

Orb turned out to be pretty great imo

They did manage to subvert the expectations by intentionally going for a fun anticlimax, but even though I got a kick out of it the super nerd in me did feel like it made the Orb plot less interesting. I mean, I understand that the whole point originally was to make fun of those convoluted lore mysteries in fiction, but I also found the first Orb episode to be a legitimately fascinating worldbuilding thing. So I'm pretty sure I was destined to be disappointed whenever they brought back the Orb or the OG Guild stuff.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

How did you not just throw your arms up in the air and proclaim,"EYYYY SPANAKOPITA! :haw:"?

I saw a guy in a bar with the Spanakopita shirt and I did this as I walked past and got absolutely NOTHING from him. He pretty much just stared at me blankly and then went back to his beer.

gently caress that guy so hard. You're not allowed to wear the shirt if you're no fun.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

VB's most consumerist content:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoJlRLe81cA

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Who was the strongman? Was it grandpa venture's bodyguard or something?

Yeah, Colonel Venture's bodyguard was Eugen Sandow, famous early bodybuilder.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

It's sort of pointless to speculate when I know the guys don't really have a plan going forward, but I took all of the Sovereign stuff at face value that they had just run that part of the show into the ground and wanted out. Cramming it all into one episode, him being cornered and ousted, him not actually being Bowie, and his death, just seemed to be the VB way to say that we're done with this character now.

I'd be willing to believe that he was important in the lore and history of the show and might get mentioned again in some sort of greater context, but moving forward my guess is that he is no longer relevant at all.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

Aurium posted:

As I remember it, it was marked canceled for a while but then it reappeared. Then it reappeared on amazon. It's not clear right now if it's a mistake, or uncanceled.

The release date on it is November 2016, which feels pretty authentic to me.

edit: http://www.amazon.com/The-Venture-Brothers-Christopher-McCullough/dp/161655441X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I sort of know what you mean but a number of the gags seem finely in-character. The Henrietta Pussycat joke killed me, it's the perfect "crime" for a memorabilia obsessed villain and Billy's outrage about him desecrating part of our collective childhoods was a spot-on response.

edit: Unrelated, I enjoy how much the VB guys love loving with the fans' obsession with Kim

Ror fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 9, 2016