Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

CZ posted:

we're going to hire a famous fantasy writer to create the first HEX novel!
Better not be Knaak :v:

Unrelated: bumped up my backing to King from Squire; the more I see the more I like. As a enormous lore/flavor nerd I'm not entirely sold on Hex's setting or what I've seen of the art styles yet (Magic has a large head start there, plus the "multiverse" thing is kind of cheating as far as setting goes) but it's still better than e.g. Duel of Champions, and the actual game aspects have so much potential...:neckbeard:

Wonder when the alpha is expected to start - I can't in good conscience put any money into MGTO; dropped the :10bux: to check it out, and the client is almost as awful as I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
:siren: :toot: :siren:

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Kairos posted:

access to a 'goldfishing' tool that lets you test out the way your deck draws without an opponent.

Either I'm misunderstanding what you mean here, or this is something that's already been shown to exist for all users in the deck building UI (same as what MTGO has, too).

Also, where's this info coming from? I'm clearly missing a source :) (still grumped that hextcg.com lacks native RSS, too...)

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Where did this alpha timing info come from, DragonCon? I'm at PAX and the CCG panel was the only HEX related thing I was aware of.

Said panel was decent, though as expected most of it was high level info about the three games the panelists represented (Hex, Solforge and Duel of Champions.)

Met up very briefly with Kyle afterwards and got some neat swag courtesy of wearing my Ardent shirt (will post the pics in a bit) but didn't have any great questions to ask so didn't ask anything v:shobon:v

EDIT: Quickie uploads here: http://files.bitprophet.org/pax%20hex%20swag/ - will scribe down the contents of the associated cards later since they're probably not legible :)

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 1, 2013

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, so is Cryptozoic actually at PAX? I couldn't find an area anywhere and the official "list" said that neither they nor Hex had a booth or anything.

Did these spoilers come from the Digital TCG panel?

I'm assuming they came out of Dragon*Con because no, there's no (listed or visible, to me anyway) presence at PAX besides the single dude who was on the TCG panel.

Maybe they were on the borders of the slides he showed during his part of the intro, but those went by too fast for me to notice.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

PJOmega posted:

Yeah, let's not bring that pain into this thread.

Is there a tl;dr for why Solforge gets shat on so much? I've poked at it super briefly (spent more time on Duel of Champions, though not a ton) and if one assumes the UI jank gets cleaned up it didn't seem that awful. Doesn't push my buttons like Magic/Hex style games, but seemed like it'd be fun for brief games. If their registration system worked, anyway...

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
:siren:BIG NEWS:siren: http://hextcg.com/big-news-for-hex/

Actually not all that big? tl;dr they're partnering with a couple online publishing/distribution houses to help deal w/ the backend infrastructure & going global. Unclear if this means one of the two will handle the US distribution/hosting, or if Crypto is still doing that but just doesn't have to handle all the overseas traffic now. (I may also just have skimmed it too fast.)

Oh, I guess "we're letting in the $250 tier people starting today" is kinda big if you're in that bracket v:shobon:v

it's ok, I have Hearthstone to tide me over until Kings get in...

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Some Numbers posted:

No, they don't have auto-yielding, which is more than a little annoying.

In fact, right now, my biggest issue with the UI is how long everything takes. It takes a couple of seconds for the Pass Priority button to show up and there's no hotkey for passing.

Unless I'm thinking of something else, the End key functions as a hotkey for passing priority (and also seems to work even if the button fails to appear.)

You can also click on the small "what phase is it" clock-type object in the center left of the UI, and it opens a popup to let you choose which phases you pause on. Seems handy, didn't try it out much.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

BenRGamer posted:

Looks like the infinity loop button is there to tell you what modifications are on the card.

Modifications meaning what? I played a brief AI game tonight to check out these new frames, and that button was never active, even on cards that had gotten e.g. attack/health boosts.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I kinda disagree, the slowness of the deckbuilder is a major pain for me at least. You sit down to build a deck and it takes forever. It's a major roadblock to starting play if you've taken a little hiatus and need to rebuild your decks.

QFT, when I actually launch the alpha to check out updates like "new card frames!" or "more legible text scaling!" I just use the lovely prebuilds vs AI - because using the deck builder feels like pulling teeth :(

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Go RV! posted:

Was your selected deck the Orc one? Because one of them would have been in your deck, the other would have been in the rest of your cards.

I selected the human deck and actually had 2x of that deck in my decklists after; pretty sure deleting the extra then had the "cards not in any decks" counter go up some :shobon:

Also seem to have all my rewards (King tier) sans 3-4 of the sleeve arts - only have, iirc, the champion & king sleeves, but the million dollar one + the lower backer tier specific sleeves are missing. Not something I need to worry about right away, though.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
I can't seem to play any AI games, anytime I try to continue the tutorialish stuff or play a regular vs-AI game, I get the starfield background and then nothing happens for minutes afterwards. Doesn't look like a known issue on their support forums and repairing the install makes no difference. Has this happened to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

revengeanceful posted:

I'm having the exact same problem. Posted on the Hex forums and nobody knew what I was talking about. Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help, nor did repairing the install. What sort of machine are you running? Can you play games against live opponents?

I haven't tried playing live opponents since this started (super carebear) but I'll probably try a random game sometime with my lovely starter deck just to see if it is limited to AI.

My gaming PC is Windows 7, NVidia GPU, Intel quad-core CPU, pretty much a stock middle-of-the-road 2013 era setup.

• Locked thread