Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I get that special tears are barriers that cut off sections of the station from each other, but it'd be neat if there were ways to disrupt that with hilarious consequences. For example, bombing a segment of a tear could break it, unleashing all sorts of weird, mutated, aggressive mobs from another dimension for the duration of the tear. Finding some way to teleport inside the tear would bring you to another dimension of pain and sufferingsunshine and butterfly farts. Shoving someone against the tear with something like a Segway or the mulebot could drain their life essence and make more Odd Things happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

neogeo0823 posted:

more Odd Things

I've always been an advocate of weird NPC invasions and such that traitors can take advantage of, to hilarious results. Fuckin' LOVE Ice Spiders, but I think their evolution into queens has been broken for a while.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Maybe make it work like the Meatgrinder from Roadside Picnic :) It will temporarily deactivate if you throw something large and organic into it.

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

Artie Perkins (as Chaplain) shouts: "The rift demands a sacrifice!"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

amuayse posted:

Maybe make it work like the Meatgrinder from Roadside Picnic :) It will temporarily deactivate if you throw something large and organic into it.

Yeah developers, please steal artifact ideas from Roadside Picnic. The most intriguing for me was the Witches Jelly: a "colloidal gas" that turns anything and everything it touches into more of itself. Scavengers discover that ceramic containers can hold it, but scientists think themselves smarter and pour some of it from one of said containers into their perfectly safe, insulated test area... which promptly gets turned into more jelly, down to the foundation of the building. I can totally see something like it consuming the Research wing

A wish-granting (?) Sphere as the prize of a telescience locale would be cool too. In fact make a whole telescience Zone. Pretty please :pray:

Sherd Red
Mar 23, 2012
I AM A HORRIBLE PUBBIE WHO LIKES TO USE REDDIT MEMES PLEASE MOCK ME EVERY TIME I POST

hackbunny posted:

A wish-granting (?) Sphere as the prize of a telescience locale would be cool too. In fact make a whole telescience Zone. Pretty please :pray:

As long as it acts like a monkey paw. :colbert:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Sherd Red posted:

As long as it acts like a monkey paw. :colbert:

Yes, well, obviously.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

hackbunny posted:

Yeah developers, please steal artifact ideas from Roadside Picnic. The most intriguing for me was the Witches Jelly: a "colloidal gas" that turns anything and everything it touches into more of itself. Scavengers discover that ceramic containers can hold it, but scientists think themselves smarter and pour some of it from one of said containers into their perfectly safe, insulated test area... which promptly gets turned into more jelly, down to the foundation of the building. I can totally see something like it consuming the Research wing

There actually is a strange artifact in the game that can help you in certain ways, and you do get to choose, much like a wish-granting artifact!

I don't recall the name of it, but it was one of the "this looks dangerous..." artifacts you could get from the stockings at christmas time. It looked odd, like a cube with little glyphs on the side. When you used it, you could choose to "Let the power flow through you" (chance at either dieing horribly, or getting several rad mutations. TK, Hulk, Fire resist, SMES human), "Let the power heal you", and two others. I'm GUESSING you might find this artifact from fire moon or ice moon, normally. But I've never seen it there before, or heard of people finding it.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Kayle7 posted:

There actually is a strange artifact in the game that can help you in certain ways, and you do get to choose, much like a wish-granting artifact!

I don't recall the name of it, but it was one of the "this looks dangerous..." artifacts you could get from the stockings at christmas time. It looked odd, like a cube with little glyphs on the side. When you used it, you could choose to "Let the power flow through you" (chance at either dieing horribly, or getting several rad mutations. TK, Hulk, Fire resist, SMES human), "Let the power heal you", and two others. I'm GUESSING you might find this artifact from fire moon or ice moon, normally. But I've never seen it there before, or heard of people finding it.

It's a totally rad thing yeah. It does spawn ghosts too though so be careful, and I think you can get some unique effects if you combine it with the armour and the crown.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Demiurge4 posted:

It's a totally rad thing yeah. It does spawn ghosts too though so be careful, and I think you can get some unique effects if you combine it with the armour and the crown.
No unique effects but if you have it on you when you have the other two the effects it already has look incredibly bitchin' and spooky, do this

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Kayle7 posted:

I think signal jammers are bugged and don't work anymore. Twice now where I've had it activated and someone's still been able to call for help. Can anyone else confirm?

They've been broken for ages. They only jam your own radio. :shrug:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Klayboxx posted:

Can't be that they've been broken for ages, it was just a month or two ago that people were talking about how amazing the signal jammer is for stealthy traitoring.

Kayle7
Mar 19, 2012

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves
moments before the wind.

Jazerus posted:

Can't be that they've been broken for ages, it was just a month or two ago that people were talking about how amazing the signal jammer is for stealthy traitoring.

Klayboxx posted:

Yeah. I used em not too long ago and they worked. Just really noticed when I counted on one working and he was still able to call for help a couple days ago.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Kayle7 posted:

Yeah. I used em not too long ago and they worked. Just really noticed when I counted on one working and he was still able to call for help a couple days ago.

And that's why you always have a backup plan.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
ABC guys. Always be clubbin'. Them over the head. With something heavy.

Small Fry
Mar 2, 2013
For those of you who did not experience the wonders of LLJK 2 tonight, let me regale you with the story of the amazing round.

The Chef is seriously the most dangerous motherfucker on the station. Without revealing anything, I will say that the loafer is incredible in so many ways. So far in my experimentation, I've created 4 types of Prison Loaf, but there may be more than that. Along with two other brave souls, we created perhaps the most deadly baked good to ever grace the station. The Strangelet Loaf birthed from the eldritch monstrosity that is the loafer quickly pulverised the 2 or 3 people who went to pick it up from the Brig, and then went on an epic rampage across the station. It took out most of Security, the entirety of the Jazz Bar and ripped its way through Belt Hell before arriving in the AI foyer. After rampaging through the upload room and Killswitch Room, a brave clown managed to get ahold of it and take a bite out of the monstrous bread. predictably, it did not end well for him.

With the majority of the crew now in deadchat, we watched as the loaf tore apart the station, with a little help from a massive Black Hole which all but erased the Research Wing. It was only after Centcom deployed Chef Team Six was the reign of the Strangelet Loaf brought to an end, and a brave assistant lay dead after swallowing the beast. I'm pretty sure the final kill count was like a dozen crewmen, and a borg or two. To adapt the classic saying, "Get down with the loaf... Or don't, it doesn't matter either way."

I also finally figured out Grog today, so today was a Good Day(TM)

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I had my first Borg experience last night. Interesting round. I started as one of about 3 Medical Doctors on a low pop round, so I went into the kitchen and started learning to cook. After a little while the chef showed up and taught me a couple of basic things (I am bad at this game). Getting bored of that, I left my pancakes on the bar and responded to a roboticist call for volunteer brains.

In my new body I was just finishing charging myself when robotics and everything around it was almost entirely infested by kudzu. I hastily selected a module, not realising the Standard Module was pretty useless, and wandered around the plant infested area looking for stragglers to warn about danger. The chef showed up and blew up a fuel tank to little benefit. I tried to drag him away from the blast and scanned his vitals, but he was strangely unharmed.

By this time everything past the medbay was either pitch dark or impassable, and some engineers (I assume) had started setting up some plasma tanks to burn a path to Escape, until the HoP (i think) opened the tank. I spent most of the rest of the round ineffectually spraying a fire extinguisher and standing in a burning hallway, next to the airlock warning latecomers about "surplus fire" in the hall. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it given another round or two.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Next time you play Borg, try out the Construction module. Not only can you quickly repair the station after the inevitable bombings with your Rapid Construction Device, you can also build rad space clubhouses on your spare time. And if you get emagged or someone uploads interesting laws, you can build mazes or expose the station to space with ease.

Being a borg's pretty awesome. :frogc00l:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Roach Warehouse posted:

I had my first Borg experience last night.

[...]
I spent most of the rest of the round [...] standing in a burning hallway, next to the airlock warning latecomers about "surplus fire" in the hall. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it given another round or two.

I think you got the hang of it just fine :allears:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Aren't Kudzu and the Space Blob relatively immune to open fires? That's something that should really be changed, if only to encourage good professional people to perform controlled burns against such infestations. There is, of course, no way this could end badly.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
The best way to fight kudzu is with a pair of wirecutters, sadly. Fire-based purging would be a lot more fun, and it could also be neat to be able to splash weedkiller or use a weedkiller flamethrower to annihilate large swathes of the plant.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A shard of glass is surprisingly effective against kudzu as well.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Aren't Kudzu and the Space Blob relatively immune to open fires? That's something that should really be changed, if only to encourage good professional people to perform controlled burns against such infestations. There is, of course, no way this could end badly.

This was fixed a while ago, I think, fire is good against kudzu now at least.

I think either the scalpel or the circular saw (both?) are effective against kudzu as well. Good if you're a mediborg and you're stuck in it.

Newt King
Apr 14, 2008

Her milk is my shit
My shit is her milk

Small Fry posted:

For those of you who did not experience the wonders of LLJK 2 tonight, let me regale you with the story of the amazing round.

The Chef is seriously the most dangerous motherfucker on the station. Without revealing anything, I will say that the loafer is incredible in so many ways. So far in my experimentation, I've created 4 types of Prison Loaf, but there may be more than that. Along with two other brave souls, we created perhaps the most deadly baked good to ever grace the station. The Strangelet Loaf birthed from the eldritch monstrosity that is the loafer quickly pulverised the 2 or 3 people who went to pick it up from the Brig, and then went on an epic rampage across the station. It took out most of Security, the entirety of the Jazz Bar and ripped its way through Belt Hell before arriving in the AI foyer. After rampaging through the upload room and Killswitch Room, a brave clown managed to get ahold of it and take a bite out of the monstrous bread. predictably, it did not end well for him.

With the majority of the crew now in deadchat, we watched as the loaf tore apart the station, with a little help from a massive Black Hole which all but erased the Research Wing. It was only after Centcom deployed Chef Team Six was the reign of the Strangelet Loaf brought to an end, and a brave assistant lay dead after swallowing the beast. I'm pretty sure the final kill count was like a dozen crewmen, and a borg or two. To adapt the classic saying, "Get down with the loaf... Or don't, it doesn't matter either way."

I also finally figured out Grog today, so today was a Good Day(TM)

I was that clown. I also was attempting to inject the loaf with an experimental radioactive material to see what happened, but sadly the loaf was full. Next time there's a strangelet loaf somebody needs to brave taking it to the reagent extractor to see what is in it!

Admiral Funk
Oct 1, 2012

Please send them a very large crate marked "SCIENCE. PROBABLY DANGEROUS. BUT VERY SCIENTIFIC. YES."

Newt King posted:

I was that clown. I also was attempting to inject the loaf with an experimental radioactive material to see what happened, but sadly the loaf was full. Next time there's a strangelet loaf somebody needs to brave taking it to the reagent extractor to see what is in it!

I'd guess an equal mix of souls, death, and very high fructose corn syrup.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Happy Valentine's day... in SPACE.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
That is one of the most beautiful things I've seen today.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Is there a bug with the grab-kill intent not working? I was a changeling a couple days ago and I couldn't get any corpses into the full grab no matter how many times I upgraded it.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Is there a bug with the grab-kill intent not working? I was a changeling a couple days ago and I couldn't get any corpses into the full grab no matter how many times I upgraded it.

Double-click. I had the same issue a few days ago.

bacalou
Mar 21, 2013

Are the recyclers broken? I've tried ejecting stuff (community mode disabled) on three different rounds and it never works.

Klayboxx
Aug 23, 2013

Please pay attention to me :(

Jazerus posted:

Maybe they were broken, fixed, and then broken again? I know they haven't been working for a fairly long time, anyway. I know people were praising it for being great for stealthy traitoring while it was broken, because from your perspective it's working perfectly, until you've been locked in by the AI and you turn off the jammer to find out there has been a mob after you since the last guy you killed.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Is there any functional difference from a telecrystal signal jammer and the one you buy at the syndieshack?

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I started playing this game late last evening and I went from barely being able to use my hands, all the way to cranking out space-mouse burgers, convincing new arrivals into taking swigs of Bourbon and being second in a chain of Russian Roulette suicides that took out the bartender, the captain and two other crew members.

This game. This drat game.

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]

monolithburger posted:

I started playing this game late last evening and I went from barely being able to use my hands, all the way to cranking out space-mouse burgers, convincing new arrivals into taking swigs of Bourbon and being second in a chain of Russian Roulette suicides that took out the bartender, the captain and two other crew members.

This game. This drat game.

You haven't even picked up the knife used to scratch the surface.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
You mean there is more under this pile of monkey meat?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Being pro enough to install Commmaster on a wireless terminal and using it to recall the shuttle is one thing, but extending the round by 45 minutes or more by spamming recall is really, really loving lovely.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

DelphiAegis posted:

Being pro enough to install Commmaster on a wireless terminal and using it to recall the shuttle is one thing, but extending the round by 45 minutes or more by spamming recall is really, really loving lovely.

This sounds immensely entertaining. Where are the COMMaster disks, on the bridge somewhere?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

This sounds immensely entertaining. Where are the COMMaster disks, on the bridge somewhere?

You can also get one by hacking the software vending machine near QM. Tech storage just happens to have a handy PC to stick it in, too.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

DelphiAegis posted:

So is hanging out in the solarium as the only person who can call the shuttle role playing with your gay furry lover or whatever after the round passes the 120 minute mark and five people are left alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Deadmeat5150 posted:

So is hanging out in the solarium as the only person who can call the shuttle role playing with your gay furry lover or whatever after the round passes the 120 minute mark and five people are left alive.

This also sounds immensely entertaining, minus the gay furry roleplaying.

Is deliberately stalling a round or ending it really early considered against the rules?

• Locked thread