Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Just saw a few facebook comments being happy it starts again and upset its nearly over. How do they not know its so bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

This would be such an amazing subversion of how the show has gone that I'm crazy skeptical that it would happen. Dr. Brainlady owns though, I hope she'll finallly be the one to best Dex.

You mean finally be the person who truly understands him after they have sex

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So is she just there to continue a pseudoincest theme because it certainly feels like it and its a bit weird

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tom Toddlesworth posted:

Yeah the only thing to decide is which order to watch them in. Whether to eat the turd first, or to save it for after the delicious meal.

Well Netflix paid to get Breaking Bad in the UK to show the day after its on in the US so its a really easy decision fortunately

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Just watched the episode and its so loving bad. Like, how did it become this bad. The Simpsons became really poo poo but it has nothing on this. Its the final season and there is no tension whatsoever, leaving me to assume Dexter is going to get married, have another kid he neglects and move somewhere nice. I read the spoilers but can't really remember them, how accurate have they been?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

soapgish posted:

I just caught up on three weeks of Strahovskivision and I can't help but wonder- what's up with Dexter dumping fully intact bodies? Is there a consensus on that? Do any viewers still expend energy on rationalizing this dross?

Less time to look at Strahovski

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm done with the show. I watched the last episode last night while talking to a few friends on facebook and realised i missed absolutely everything and also nothing. I only even watched last night because I had nothing else to do. Its funny because I was talking to a friend who said he still loves it and doesn't know why its bad. I suppose at least he stopped me saying why its bad since he doesn't care and I can't ruin it for him.

Its the final season and there should be tension and I should care and instead I'm just going to do something else for 1 hour a week and my time is pretty loving worthless

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Sober posted:

You're so close to the end. I even read the spoilers and at this point I'm just watching it unfold. Terribly.

Thats the worst bit about it really. There is hardly anything left and its still made me give up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

henpod posted:

Why are people huffing and puffing that they are done with the show, only a few episodes from the end. Yeah, this season is atrocious, and every time someone says Hannah Mackay it makes me think of Mr. Mackay from South Park.

Stick it out you fuckers, its absolutely terrible but don't give up so near the end. Muck it out with the rest of us and enjoy the thread tearing each episode to pieces.

I'd rather just read the thread, its far more entertaining

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I showed a friend this gif as one reason why Dexter is bad and his response is at least things happen in Dexter unlike The Wire :negative:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Pillowpants posted:

That's what I heard.

Also, the scene they showed on Thursdays daily show with MCH as the guest star shows me more that the spoilers are real :(

Which spoilers? :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I feel they're actively making fun of everyone who still watches the show and thinks its good. Its become so amazingly lazy I can't help but think its deliberate. Its why they'll go with an ending that really pisses everyone off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

big twinkie posted:

I for one am glad that Dexter is in no immediate danger and is choosing to leave Miami not because his department is onto him, but because his sextoy is in trouble.

argentina? why the hell not.

Remember when he liked the fact he was in a relationship with no intimacy whatsoever since he knew it would gently caress everything up and then he got turned on by a murder scene showing just how hosed up he is. The show has changed so much

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I find it really funny that they thought Hannah was the way to include tension in the last season, rather than something sensible like Dexter maybe being caught

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I want Elway or whatever he's called because i honestly don't remember to win

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I want a spinoff that is just Masuka's life outside MMPD. Its him going out, getting trashed and loving prostitutes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

AstroWhale posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xtvsiB7MZQ

Wow. The scene where she gets shot looks like an 80's movie. Also note her "acting" when she calls the police.

I like how she just hangs up immediately instead of letting them know where she is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Doctor Claw posted:

"Do you remember that part where John Lithgow did that little dance? So brilliant. That was unscripted."
"No, it was scripted."
"No it wasn't, he improved it."
"No, you wrote that scene."
"Did I?"
"Yeah, you did."
"Huh. Cool."

This explains an awful lot

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I hope he comes back with what his final plans for the show would have been like he said he would

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Yestermoment posted:

Or just live read this thread. It's what I've been doing since episode 2. :v:

Wish I'd stopped this early. I stopped 3 episodes ago

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh man, that EW interview is loving priceless.

But even better are the answers where Buck and Colleton give the real answer and then qualify it. Real answers only:

Oh and that spinoff...

So apparently it's going to be more of the same.

You missed this bit

quote:

I found the episode compelling partly because there was so little voiceover and no Ghost Harry to explain what Dex was thinking. Was that deliberate to ditch those devices? Should you have done that sooner?

COLLETON: We have slowly this year, very consciously, stripped out a lot of voiceover. Very much so compared to previously years. It was very important to have very little of it at the end and to let the emotion of the moment speak for itself. In episode 10, when Dexter comes in and finds Dr. Vogel dead, what he’s feeling is on his face — normally we’d put voiceover, but we very consciously did not. At this point the audience knows what he’s thinking.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Argue posted:

Sure, you guys are all celebrating now, but once the high is over, you'll realize that with their show gone, all those Dexter writers have to go somewhere. Remember how in Lost all the weird poo poo was happening on the island because it was actually the cork that plugged up the hole and kept the bad stuff from spreading? Well Scott Buck is basically Jacob and

I know who he is now and can just avoid shows that he's in charge of at least

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Can anyone post all the gifs that have come from this season or is there a post containing them all? I think its the only good that has come from this poo poo season

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Scrubs got a lot better in its last season since they actually treated it like a last season from what I remember and got rid of the worst bits that had crept into the show instead of making that all the show had like Dexter did

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You put more thought into this post than the writing staff did for the last couple seasons :golfclap:

Not as much effort as I put into reading it though :v:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Season 6 dropped the ball by not having a Harry vs Adama ghost chat.

Season 6 dropped the ball by keeping only the worst guest star after like 6 episodes

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Someone at Showtime really loves Zack or whoever that kid in the last season was because he's also in Homeland dressed almost identical to how he was in Dexter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The only spin off remotely worth doing is a comedy starring Masuka and his hosed up love life

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

This video was posted in PYF and shows everything wrong with Dexter while being incredibly funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZKzGqquDNA

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Season 5 had robocop and he was by far the best bit about it. Hell all the bad seasons had great people play support roles only to be randomly killed off so they could focus on the poo poo new character instead

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

The obvious spinoff series is Harrison in which the 9 year old boy has conversations with his Dad Passenger. They could use snippets of dialogue from the original series as young Harrison creates his own set of 'rules to kill live by'.

I'd watch this so long as every kill involves a treadmill

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

clockworx posted:

The series should have ended with the reveal that every person on every level of Miami Metro is a serial killer, with each person also thinking they're the only serial killer.

Masuka the only person who's not but has figured it out so keeps up this insane persona in the hopes that nobody notices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What was the season where Angel and Quinn got stoned because that was my favourite scene in the whole show except for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mWRkg4C6ek because it was so funny

• Locked thread