Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Just watched the Dons paste Twente 2-0 - great night. I think the Dutchmen were unnerved by the patrol of the gullwaffe that flew a circuit round the stadium from 50 minutes onwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Coohoolin posted:

GIve us a shout next time for god's sake, I was meant to go but my mate cancelled on me so I ended up in the Bobbin following the match on my phone. Is Pawlett actually becoming good? I was surprised at the scoreline given the lineup we went in with. Bonus points were seeing drunk Twente fans leaving the Pittodrie bar and hobbling down King's street with their shirts off.
Will do although I don't often make it to league matches. Went to the friendly because it was £10 and a fun friday night. We barely contained them in the first half, but were a lot stronger in the second. Clinical finishes. I honestly didn't recognise a lot of the young players who got minutes, although I know that one of them (Hector) was a triallist from Reading.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Coohoolin posted:

Chas or duckmaster fancy a trup to pittodrie the morn?
I'd love to but I've got errands to do tomorrow afternoon. Definitely up for it another time, though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Nooo.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Quite right.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I like both cities a lot, actually. Glasgow has its share of immensely ugly architecture but it's a good, vibrant place now. Edinburgh smells of spam and has some good restaurants. Hibs and Hearts are both shite.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I have been to Glasgow many times and have only been stabbed non-fatally.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Hallowed Turban posted:

Aberdeen's nice I hear, the shimmery city? This lady did a presentation on it and said it had loads of hills with an old town underneath or something (like Gotham or Futurama?) it sounded quite cool to be honest.
The silver city! More often than not it's just the plain old grey city when the mica isn't shining in the radioactive granite. Not sure what she's referring to re: undercity. If she was talking about a city of savage troglodytes, she may have been thinking of Dundee.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's our year.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Pipski posted:

I'm glad we're talking about good/bad Scottish towns. Is Stirling at all good, or is it best avoided? I need to know for a reason.
I've only been there a couple of times. It seems OK. Has a big castle.

Hallowed Turban posted:

If I remember correctly Chas she said there were hills and the old city was built at the bottom of the hills whilst the current city is effectively bridging over the gaps between the hills, meaning there's effectively an undercity. She had visual aids to help out mind maybe I'm not explaining very clearly.

It sounded plausible at the time to be honest.
I can kind of see that. There are parts of the city on different levels.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I think I'm the only Aberdonian who thinks Aberdeen is tolerable. I still want to leave though.

Hallowed Turban posted:

Yeah, she was in oil too so that makes sense. Still sounds charming, silly locals adds to it's quaint-ness.
Everyone works in the oil industry here (me included). It calls itself the 'Energy capital of Europe' but it's really the Custom License Plate Capital of Europe.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Aberdonian hobbies:
===================
*Moaning about Aberdeen
*Berghaus/North Face softshell jacket collecting
*Custom license plates
*Living in 1983

COYR

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Amateur cricket is fairly big here. We're just poo poo at it.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Pretty impressive stuff from the Dons tonight. Down to ten in the first half and still come out victors. That's what this club is all about - gritty determination and an unwillingness to give in.

Next game they're gonna get gubbed :cry:.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
This is the most attention I've paid to the league since I was about 11. I wonder what all the wee glory hunter bams up here thought when Rangers ceased to be? I wonder if they jumped ship to Celtic or if they went a step further and became Man City fans.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Oct 31, 2013

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Wish I'd gone last night. Saw the highlights though and all the goals were great. The wall for McGinn's first goal was a joke.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm half Chinese so Aberdeen should sign me up to symbolise this new partnership.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
FFS Dons what are you playing at.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Hibs are OK I like em better than Hearts.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Chris Maguire was gonna be the Aberdonian Rooney.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The sad thing is that the club even exists.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
8-0 by full time.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
FFS

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Aberdeen FC @AberdeenFC
69: Inverness hit the post with a header by Draper

STEADY THE SHIP

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Nothing wrong with flares in football stadiums imo. There ought to be more. Liven things up a wee bit.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I've never even seen it. If it's about Scottish football then it'll be shite though.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
That's a pen. Doesn't matter if Hibs are shite or not. If an old firm player had gone down like that it would've been a pen and a sending off.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Is the game on TV at all?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Pawlett.
:allears:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Coohoolin posted:

Usual query- anyone going to Pittodrie tomorrow evening? Duckmaster? Chas?

I couldn't attend the game, but I just watched it on BBC Alba and WHAT A GOAL from Hayes. Lennon moaning about the ref as usual. Can't have your own way all the time.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Got my tix through a season ticket holder friend. Fit like min!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
You know that gammon-in-coke recipe? I want to try that with Moray Cup. Imagine the colours/smells. It'd be mental.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

It's a red soft drink illustrated with two gentlemen relaxing in a tropical setting. Manufactured by Sangs, I think. The flavour is, like Irn Bru, difficult to describe because it has no relation to any real fruit or food. Haven't had it in years and it may be out of production.

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 11, 2014

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Going to be referring to the final as the Moray Cup Cup Final from now on.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I was there. It was a terrible game but the atmosphere was great. Particular highlights included laughing at the Caley player's miskick and booing their under-10s in the half time competition.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Coohoolin posted:

Pretty much this also because of my long hair I was stevie may for a day, could have been worse. Got back tae Aberdeen four hours ago, chucked out of onions donoghues of all places, getting a stovie and heading haim.
The journey back took loving ages because of that crash. Did you see that the Hummer limos and party buses had been rented out as well?

I did see a megagoon with long ginger-brown hair and a beard at the Jock Stein stand (which we renamed the Hicham Zerouali stand).

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Haud yer wheesht

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Coohoolin posted:

The Human League's "Don't You Want Me" reached the top 10 in the UK charts today because of this:
http://youtu.be/_61koVat5f4

It's been stuck in my head ever since the final.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's our year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Tasty New Firm clash this saturday, are you attending Coohoolin?

Personally I think our boys are still hungover from their cup win celebrations and we're going to lose.

• Locked thread