Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So I'm going to be mainly playing with a friend of mine and he told me he was going mastermind primarily.
I'm probably going mainly enforcer to cover the stuff he doesn't but technician looked great as well.

I wanted some additional info about the saw because it looks interesting but I hadn't the chance to test it obviously. As I understand the saw is your primary but can you actually kill with it or do you use your secondary to kill and the saw is just to open doors and atms?

Any other suggestions for a good duo with mastermind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Phuzun posted:

Yes,, you can kill with the saw. You will burn through blades though and you need to be in melee range. That said it shouldn't matter since you have a sidearm and you typically bring a saw when you plan to be leaving without a big battle. Mastermind is great with an enforcer and mixed groups are the best.

Oki, thank you.

Can anyone critique this build please : http://goo.gl/9J0n9I

Le0 fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 13, 2013

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

The Mash posted:

Don't put that many points in Tech and then miss out on the best skill in the tree

Badgerz posted:

mid tier tech is garbage imo, the best talent is the top tier 'bulletproof' and you've missed that :/

Thanks guys, I was asking exactly for this kind of answers.

Here is the updated version of my build, basically added bulletproof at the expense of fully loaded?
http://goo.gl/ozEm7i

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

The Mash posted:

We're doing basically the same thing, here's mine:
http://www.pd2skills.info/profile/bestestiest/#/profile/mash-2/

Cool, hey could you try the combat engineer skill? Is this worth it since I haven't tested I don't really see what it does.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Does anyone know if the enforcer die hard ace and technician bullet proof ace skill stack with each other?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Jut posted:

Well I took his post on the forum to be a pretty direct admission that the game was shipped before it was finished. Safehouse customization and 'cloakers' were not finished and will be added in 'soon', the 7 day heists thing is shifty as is the AI not helping with objectives.
I'm guessing what happened is that they ran out of time and shipped without bothering to tie up the loose ends which revealed the hack job.

I guess they could have avoided much of the backlash if they just released a paid beta like everyone else is doing these days and did a full retail launch when they had finished.

People are seriously calling Payday 2 a "hack job", can I introduce you to Simcity per chance?

No but seriously, you have to keep in mind that a video game is a project like any other and publishers will put pressure on you anyway you do. Be glad that Overkill is actually a competent studio and knows how to make a game.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Are there any big bank heist down the line? I always though that the medium bank you play at the start was just the appetizer for the real deal? It might very well be higher level since I'm only rank 10 but I haven't seen any mention of it anywhere?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Ninja fetus posted:

So is this game any good? Me and a friend are not sure whether to buy this or not.

Well me and friend both bought it and we are having a lot of fun. Just make your own heists and either get some goons or pubbs to fill the two other slots. If you plan to always play together there is also the added bonus to make complementary skill builds :eng101:

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So on the day of Big Oil where you have to get the engine. Can someone please shed some light on how to find out which engine is the correct one?

It's been two times now we try to do it with a friend but every time we get swarmed by cops and then when the lab doors finally opens we are all stressed to get out and oh my god the cops are down there also and 2 guys are already down :supaburn:

Basically no time/no brain power to analyse the little clues before being sent to jail...

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
It's really weird how so many people only care about level/xp :confused:

Do these people just want to burn out on Payday as fast as possible or what? The fun in this game is getting on voice with friends, drinking a beer and stealing a lot of money/coke/weapon! :getin:

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Lakedaimon posted:

anyone else unable to get games going today? I either wait endlessly to connect to the heist, or I get some information error, or an error connecting to the game. Ive tried getting into about 20 games so far without getting past the loadout screen.

I'm having the same issue most games I try to join never finish loading wtf...

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So can anyone tell me what is up with the hitboxes of the tan police guys?
I swear something is wonky with their hit detection, I mean it's easier to kill Bulldozers that those shits. Sometimes you empty your clip and not one loving hit with the red cross

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Can anyone tell me if the Enforcer's oppressor skill is worth any drat? On paper it might seem like it can be good (making cops duck) but I wonder if it is really effective enough to deserve those 4 points.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Great Beer posted:

Tan FBI and specials don't get supressed so if you play on overkill its pretty worthless. if you need a single point to get to the next tier its worthwhile, especially when hosing down the less brave cops between you and the escape van, but I wouldn't bother acing it.

Okay thanks, one point max it is then!

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So someone posted the full Payday2 soundtrack a few pages back (http://overkillsoundtracks.bandcamp.com/album/payday-2-official-soundtrack)
It's very good! However does anyone else feel that besides The Mark, nearly nothing else plays in the game or am I deaf?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

limited posted:

Just curious, is my connection just being really lovely, or do cops get a shitton of invincibility frames if you knock them down?

If you are talking about the tan guys I think they are a bit harder to headshot when they are on the ground' at least it's my feeling

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

limited posted:

I got my first gently caress-you kick during a nightclub run last night, just after I threw the last bag in. Yet I've never seen a host kick someone shamelessly AFKing somewhere. Every other game I joined last night had some jerkoff just stood in a corner doing gently caress all. :argh:

I think the mentality of "let's play Wow and farm the same level forever" is hurting this game. Yesterday I joined an ukranian and the guy said smash and grab, okay so now I was maybe 30 sec too slow so what the oval office does, he kicks me... Way to go dude :bravo: Also another guy kicked me during the escape for no apparent reason, I guess he must have been pissed for some reason.

Cheston posted:

I had my first successful stealth Bank Heist today. It's fun! Everybody has a job and it's all decided in like five seconds.

After three minutes of trying to get the key / take out the security room.

And fun fact, apparently there will never be more than four civilians wandering the streets outside the bank, so you can have somebody cable tie / shoot and bag four people and then come inside.

How do you proceed once the guy on the cameras is knocked down? We always blow everything at this point because someone press the panic button or some poo poo.

In other news a mate and me finally finished stealthing framing frame 3... We had at least 3-4 times 4/5 items without being able to locate the last one... poo poo is aggravating I don't think we'll be doing it often seeing how it pays poo poo we only got 800k$ and 50k XP... for a few hours of wasted time

Le0 fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Aug 29, 2013

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
So I've been doing Mosconi with enforcer's shotgun perks for a few days and this poo poo rocks :allears:
One shoting tan guys 100m away never gets old, however I'm know a bit sad because I don't really want to use my AR anymore cause it suck so much compared to it.

I'm using the AK 7.62 but have barely any mods for it, will it become as good later with more mods or will I be using my Mosconi only?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Tokubetsu posted:

Finally got the headshot bonus in the tech tree and now I don't miss the Masconi. I'll love my 308 forever. Catch me on the skybridge on Watchdogs, raining death and laughing.

What skill improves headshot damage? I swear I cannot find it...

I'd love more maps as well, I hope Overkill does not wait too long to add new heists

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

quote:

"A game about robbing with only 1 bank seems silly. Will you make atleast 1 more free one?"
@locust9: "working on them."
[First World Bank + Election Day]

Need more heists! :getin:

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Caufman posted:

Ah, my third hockey mask.

I love getting these, they're so easy to style!

Wish a single one would drop for me besides these horrendous Greek Tragedy... At least I got a Doctor Crime recently! Really need a second mask tab quickly, some masks are sitting there cause I have no room :qq:

Rapdawg posted:

As for the female character I'm liking the say she looks so far because basically shes wearing a suit just as classy as the guys which is all that really mattered to me- however I am hoping the FBI/CIA turned criminal backstory is a reality even if I think I heard that in a stupid forum post. Some non-American character voice would be nice.

She has been confirmed being Irish by Goldfarb

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I can see nothing on these screenshots, what is he trying to show us, a new heist perhaps? :getin:

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

If you're sitting around crying about how much 'shotguns suck now' then it's probably time you realized that the problem isn't the shotguns, it's you.

I use them all the time as an enforcer and almost always take highest kills. Yes they're not for long-range shooting, that's why I bring my long-barrel mp5 (which is also a really great under-appreciated gun).

And the realism thing is the spergiest, stupidest argument. The game is not realistic, it features men getting shot literally hundreds of times and all that happens is they stumble and fall down for a bit. Getting all huffy that shotguns 'aren't realistic' when your heister is tossing 600lbs bags of gold around is just goofy.

+1 This

Jesus, people are really freaking about the shotgun nerf? The only thing that changed is that I cannot one shot tan guys on the other side of the street :qq: It still kills very well just aim in the general direction of their head

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I'm trying to find a new build because I'm starting to get tired of my MM/Enforcer.
I'd like to have inspire because I think it's very useful and wanted to get shaped charge since I never had it.

I got this, any comments or ideas?
http://goo.gl/qDr8ZM

Oh and does anyone know if when they will turn off the halloween thing the crimenet gambling thing with offshore money will be turned off as well?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Well the contract thingy they have on the page gives a bit more info apparently:

quote:

03 (three) Secure Storage Rolling Vaults carrying:
1. 01 (one) x "Item"
2. Unspecified No. x "Ammo"

### All units are stored separately ###

NB. Storage access requires Security Clearance ULTRA/MEGA (access via keycards)

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
I think you should stop playing if you don't have any fun any more. You know this is not a job or anything you are actually allowed to play something else. I've been playing from release and I'm only lvl91 and still having a blast playing with my mate over voice.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Any crits on this TechForcer build?
http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/techforcerleo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Thanks for the input guys! Here is the final, until I hit 100, TechForcer build : http://www.pd2skills.info/#/profile/techforcerleo2/

• Locked thread