Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thuneral
Jul 25, 2004
High Listener For Music Awful

Having had to read about this 'game' for 3 days now, good job mining all those newfangled cookiecoins for some schlub, you suckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Thuneral posted:

Having had to read about this 'game' for 3 days now, good job mining all those newfangled cookiecoins for some schlub, you suckers.

Have fun with your no cookie empty life :smug:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I bought all the upgrades and then closed the tab

the endgame is poo poo

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
Why am I playing this.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

goldjas posted:

Why am I playing this.

well, those cookies won't click themselves

until you get the cursors to do that i guess

in which case, those cookies will click themselves pretty frequently

So uh I guess I don't know either

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I clicked cookies.

Now my computer clicks cookies for me.

What will the future bring?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Time machines

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Is the elders' curse still in?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
This game is significantly less good than the other games of its type. It's completely mindless until the endgame and then you just do a bit of math and click something once every so often.

All you do is buy the first 3 cursor upgrades and then the most expensive cookie producing structure you can afford until the timeframe to the next one becomes reasonable.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 27, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I cant believe how addictive this game is.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I love to crap

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Cookies earned (all time) : 4,823,484,147,401

yea i think im done

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
This is either the most retarded or amazing thing.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Child labor will double factory efficiency....do I dare?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Not impressed by the graphics

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Child labor will double factory efficiency....do I dare?

The upgrades are pointless really.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Hatbox Ghost posted:

Is the elders' curse still in?
Nope.

For anybody that doesn't know, this version, while adding new graphics, removed a lot of the "interesting" things about the game (I think you can still see it on the experimental page), while ramping up the grinding by a ton. It's no Candy Box or A Dark Room, that's for sure, even the older less boring version. If you are interested at all, I'd wait until the dev re-adds everything; this was probably the worst time to create this thread.

Coach Sport posted:

Protip: tab back in now and then because sometimes a cookie pops up that doubles your cookie production for 3 minutes when you click it.
Are you sure about that? The only thing I know for certain it does is reshuffle the "store".

Edit: There's also a good wikia page in case anybody's curious.

danile666
Dec 30, 2012
I maxed out all the upgrades last night, capping out around 49m cookies per second.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doom Goon posted:

Nope.

For anybody that doesn't know, this version, while adding new graphics, removed a lot of the "interesting" things about the game (I think you can still see it on the experimental page), while ramping up the grinding by a ton. It's no Candy Box or A Dark Room, that's for sure, even the older less boring version. If you are interested at all, I'd wait until the dev re-adds everything; this was probably the worst time to create this thread.

Are you sure about that? The only thing I know for certain it does is reshuffle the "store".

Edit: There's also a good wikia page in case anybody's curious.

Maybe its just me but it seems you actually get cookies way faster now then you did before. One thing that is new is the upgrades and that makes the process go way faster.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

I said come in! posted:

Maybe its just me but it seems you actually get cookies way faster now then you did before. One thing that is new is the upgrades and that makes the process go way faster.

It also didn't run in the background, so you always had to have the tab or window in the foreground. If it runs in the background now it is infinitely better.

I still beat the old, foreground-only version :suicide:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Not worth playing.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

Thuneral posted:

Its good and I'm living the good life.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The cookie rich get cookie richer, while the cookie poor slave away at hard manual cookie clicking labor for nothing but crumbs. As I gaze upon my cookie factory and cookie mining empire, I rest easy knowing that I wipe my rear end with more cookies than the cookie masses will see in their cookie lifetimes.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

no blood for cookies

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
This game made me realize that watching numbers rise is awesome. I always make fun of video games that do this, but this game only does this and it's great.

More cookies for the cookie god.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

I love this game. Welp, bye.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
This game gets it.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Definitely still play this game, the guy seems to be doing daily updates ever since the 24th, and on his "What's Next" list it includes (yes im actually loving spoiling cookie clicker)

-adding back missing features (more grandma types, grandmapocalypse)
-milk and achievements
-:siren:dungeons:siren:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's just some lame Candy Box ripoff bullshit, the best parts of Cookie Clicker are the parts where you click the cookie imo.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It says I'm missing 2 upgrades, when do i get prompted for those - everything is at 100 units currently except for the last two (85, 54)

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

A Yolo Wizard posted:

It says I'm missing 2 upgrades, when do i get prompted for those - everything is at 100 units currently except for the last two (85, 54)

There are additional upgrades for 120 and 160 cursors

Every other upgrade for every other unit appears at 10

Snaxx
Apr 5, 2009
Finally, a game I'm good at.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this cookie game is a hoax. Crossposting from TCC:

gggiiimmmppp posted:

The visible universe (excluding dark matter and energy) has a mass somewhere between 1050 and 1060 kg. If a cookie weighs 500mg, this means the cookie ceiling of the universe is somewhere between 2x1053 and 2x1063, assuming that you are able to convert all of that mass into cookies (keeping in mind that most of it is still hydrogen and helium). The number falls dramatically if you have to make do with the existing matter; if we pretend that cookies are made entirely of carbon (since I can't find any good information about the molecular content of cookies), given that carbon only makes up about 4600 parts per million of the universe's mass, we're left with a much more reasonable 4.14331x1013 to 4.24275x1016 (and that's assuming that you have enough water and everything else, though anything which evaporates in the baking process is reusable). One goon producing 50 megacookies per second produces 1.5768 × 1015 cookies per year, overwhelming the universe in only 26.90734398782343987823439878234398782343987823439878234398782 years. Given that there's no hard limit to cookie production, and that a goon making 50 megacookies per second today who continues to reinvest said cookies in time travel will be producing considerably more cookies a year from now, and given that innumerable people on the internet are playing this cookie game, I'm going to have to call bullshit.

These aren't real cookies at all. It's impossible; nothing more than a hoax. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this cookie game is a hoax. Crossposting from TCC:

So you've never heard of the Cookieverse?

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

Um, again. Time travel. They are pulling additional cookies (and therefore additional mass) from time travel.

Not to mention, people eating the cookies. The matter can be reuseable.

edit: also the cookieverse, pulling additional matter from a universe that isn't our own

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Spiffo posted:

Um, again. Time travel. They are pulling additional cookies (and therefore additional mass) from time travel.

Not to mention, people eating the cookies. The matter can be reuseable.

edit: also the cookieverse, pulling additional matter from a universe that isn't our own

You don't have to reuse anything, you can leave them in the bank, and furthermore there's no indication that the cookies spent on time machines, portals and the like are ever used in the first place. For all we know, they're made out of cookies. Just because the cookies are spent doesn't take them out of the equation or return the raw materials.

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Aug 27, 2013

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

You don't have to reuse anything, you can leave them in the bank, and furthermore there's no indication that the cookies spent on time machines, portals and the like are ever used in the first place. For all we know, they're made out of cookies. Just because the cookies are spent doesn't take them out of the equation or return the raw materials.

You're right. But whether they're spent or not doesn't matter. The amount of matter (and therefore cookies) in our universe is irrelevant because the bulk of our cookies are coming from alternate universes or the past.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

That raises other important cosmological quandaries; at some point you'd exceed the mass of dark matter, halting and reversing the expansion of the universe. If we're going down this road, we should seek cookie equillibrium, nothing more, or we'll wind up in the awkward situation of having to export cookies or import dark cookies (ugh) to prevent the big crunch endgame.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

gggiiimmmppp posted:

That raises other important cosmological quandaries; at some point you'd exceed the mass of dark matter, halting and reversing the expansion of the universe. If we're going down this road, we should seek cookie equillibrium, nothing more, or we'll wind up in the awkward situation of having to export cookies or import dark cookies (ugh) to prevent the big crunch endgame.

You do what you gotta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
What is even going on in this thread anymore?

• Locked thread