Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Do Miquote still have an issue with their tail clipping through most of their outfits? I'm finally getting back into this and that's a major factor on if I pick one or not. :spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Pomp posted:

Galka, lalafell, or :frogout:

Lalafell it is then. The tiniest little tank.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Honestly if it hadn't been for the trainwreck and 'rebirth' so to say I probably wouldn't have bothered picking ARR up. I like how they even tried to work that poo poo into the backstory.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:allears: Can you glamor that poo poo? BLM throwing poo poo everywhere while dressed like that would be hella touhou

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That said, HURR OVERPOWER OVERPOWER HURR

My go to strat as a newbie MRD.

For some reason my TP's always low. :rolleye:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

SpaceDrake posted:

- Oh my god the new hairstyles. Not only can Highlander men be Fabio now, but we're going to see so many people sporting those dreadlocks. I can just tell.

And I just completed the quest for him the other day and have a free coupon sitting in my pocket. :getin:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

HelloPlatypus posted:

Nearly theeeeere!

That helmet's adorable, what is it? :3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

DemonTrigger posted:

That looks like the Rabbit Kabuto from the Horse New Year or whatever event a while back.

Hopefully it rolls around again, he's like a tiny samurai with it on :kimchi:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Zereth posted:

It was just sold for a small amount of gil by the guy, the event was about horse hats. Check the Calamity Salvager and see if he sells them for you, maybe? And if not, check if anybody in your FC was there to unlock the option and get them to buy you one.

I had no idea this guy sold event items too, I thought he was just for returning players to salvage their poo poo or whatever. :psyduck:

edit: Aww, the only stuff I can buy outright are the summer tops/tangas, the rest of the event stuff requires the actual item tradeins. He's not as awesome as I thought he'd be. :(

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 7, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Oh, okay. That's what I get for catching up on the thread when I first wake up and can't quite think clearly. :v:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Buying materials for a new set of armor every 5 levels gets really bad once you hit 40. Bye, ~45k gil :pcgaming:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Jedi425 posted:

He's asking me, and I'm broke thanks to personal housing. But I need to finish out ARM anyway, so it works out. I keep telling him to use quest rewards, but he won't listen. :(

Serperoth posted:

Is there any issue with using quest rewards? They've seemed good enough to me (level 32 BLM) so far, combined with some random dungeon loot I've picked up here and there.

I need to be decked out in the pimpest of HQ poo poo tyvm.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

New player talk - I did my first proper dungeon yesterday (Sastasha) and it was a lot of fun. My first job is MRD so it's a little nerve-wracking going into these semi-blind as the tank. I did pretty well though!

As another new player using mrd/war as long as you hold aggro you will swim in commendations. Like others said just mention it's your first time doing X and generally people will be happy to mention any gimmicks.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I did Titan story today with some goons from dgkk and the music in it owned. Fight was fun as hell too. :allears: one of them got knocked off since their net was so bad lol

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

If you don't buy and rock your dumb GC uniform you suck maelstrom for life

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

Is this a set? Looks neat.

Also I'm really enjoying Marauder. I usually don't like tanking but this time I do. Still getting the hang of holding aggro though.

I don't know if that exact armor is a set you can get, but I know there's two full body super metal armors at least for tanks. Heavy Iron and Heavy Steel cover you from head to toe in metal. :black101: edit: that's what i get for not reading before posting

Also I've been playing Marauder from the start and I can't imagine how any of the other classes are funner to play.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The Grimace posted:

what :( I THOUGHT I WAS AN INNOVATOR. gently caress, now I better think of something better. Back to the drawing board.

you can pull some of that 9m+ gil out and send it to me in game if you want originality, i'm almost to warrior 50 and stuff's getting pretty expensive :unsmigghh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The IRON HAND destroys yet another dream

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The Storm Sergeant's Axe unfolds when you unsheathe it from your back into the double-headed configuration.

This owns, Maelstrom owns, Till Sea Swallows All.

tunnel snakes suck

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's a little slice of EVE moving over to FFXIV. :unsmith:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I have hit 50 and become TINY TANK the CUTEST WARRIOR EVER.

Hell yeah. :black101:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Athray posted:

I think you're going to need to fight Smart Car for that one, his warrior is pretty adorable.

Obviously we will just be adorable together.

I can't stop making the visor go up and down help.

Belzac posted:

I guess you're right. I replaced my whole rotation with just bootshine cause it was too hard to remember all those other buttons. Don't criticize me for only doing 50 damage, I'd rather do less damage and have more fun, right guys?

Losing 1% dps is totally worth that comparison yep

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I guess I've been lucky with pubbies so far. Worst run was an SV where we wiped on the second boss because the summoner in the party forgot about the cannons, then the healer got smashed by touchdown at the end fight. The summoner kept using physick or whatever their heal is while I spammed potions when the dragon flew up. Thanks to holmgang we pulled through though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I can finally get my dumb shantotto minion whoop

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

When exactly will all this stuff be happening anyway?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Relic train was fun as gently caress, even though we wiped on Titan like 4 times. :downs:

Also both Ifrit and Garuda dropped their Axe for me to need on. Item luck's been good the past few days. also someone in DGKK who's name I already forgot (i'm so sorry i'm awful with names no matter what situation) gave me HQ Heavy Wolfram head and chest pieces out of the blue for free

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Line Feed posted:

I think it'd be a good idea to just give crafters a loving ton of glamour gear for them to craft. It'll sell. Never underestimate people's desire to look good.

I've Glamoured the sailor outfit over my heavy wolfram because it lets me be an adorable bloodthirsty pirate with a huge axe :yarr:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Lalas own and if I wasn't mobile posting a pic of my awesome sailor outfit lala with rampager :colbert:

edit:

as u can see lalas own

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 28, 2014

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

ElMaligno posted:

I too also tried to make my character a sailor.

I kinda look stupid, how can I fix it?

Nailed it.

:swoon:

I should have known the stripper pirate was you

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I dunno what it is, but no matter what job I play, the minute I step into a dungeon be it with pubbies or friends I cannot stop yawning. It's the damnedest thing.

This happens to me too. I'll be totally cool then the dungeon pops and by the time we get to the first boss I'm struggling to stay awake.

Luckily I tank so I don't need to put in any effort 95% of the time.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Whizbang posted:

Or PBC's House.

Or wear the scylla healer robe.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Samba De Amigo posted:

Wear the Patrician's set and call it a day.

/pose

I'm SO MAD I can't get those poses on a lala. I was hoping they were something special like /manderpose or some poo poo. :qq:

bonewitch posted:

You have almost the exact same glamours/gear as a friend of mine. :v:

Here's my girl, it's easy to make a character look good without throwing out tits and rear end everywhere.

Now mind you, if your character is a buff male Highlander it's mandatory for you to show some skin. :swoon:

I've seen you idling around the FC house and can confirm you look boss as gently caress in person.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

bonewitch posted:

Wait who are you

I'm not on excal so you might be getting me mixed up with someone.

Well there's someone in DGKK in Excal that's got an almost identical getup on their Miquote gal. :iiam:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Xenoveritas posted:

Someone who's too lazy to memorize the full ERP rotation?

(Hasty Touch) (Hasty Touch) (Inner Release) /doze

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

A good macro. I hope they have a lalafell to play the professor though.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

It's Alphinaud with the bomb rear end booty and you cannot convince me otherwise. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Leal posted:

Have you been asked if you were a stray yet?

Playing as a catgirl brings all the creeps :catstare:

That's what you get for being a cat. :colbert:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I'm mad because there's a PVP caster set that looks awesome as hell which means now I need to PVP. :sigh:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Paladin's actually pretty fun now that I've hit 50. Warrior's a great offtank but it feels like I can just handle so much more damage without having to sweat it because I have a billion cooldowns to use. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I won Amon's Hat my first time through. :smuggo:

I only have Archer 1, but I guess at least it gave me a DPS class to focus on now that both WAR and PLD are at 50

• Locked thread