Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teek posted:

Based on the news when this rumor was first reported last month, it was said to be a 60 episode order. So it looks like:

"Season" 1 - Daredevil: 13 episodes
"Season" 2 - Jessica Jones: 13 episodes
"Season" 3 - Iron Fist: 13 episodes
"Season" 4 - Luke Cage: 13 episodes
"Season" 5 - Defenders: 8 episodes
Yesssssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dacap posted:

Yeah, it was pretty clear she was supposed to be their Nick Fury that connected all the films.
That would have been a perfect way to do it, too. Buuuut, DC.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Timeless Appeal posted:

Eh, I think Amanda should always be a subversive not central element in the DC Universe. Marvel's push in the last few years to make SHIELD the center of the Marvel Universe in its different incarnations makes sense for Marvel especially when the de facto leader of the Marvel superheroes is a soldier. I don't think it works as well for DC. Amanda and the corner of the DC Universe she usually lives in is cool because it's this dingy and shady corner of a world built around Superman's optimism. When you make her the center, she's a low-rate Nick Fury at best.
Oh, I agree--I didn't think she should be Front And Center, but...present, almost more like Coulson early on.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

That's because Sandman was a DC comic at that point - and it was pretty much expected it would have crossover. Shortly after, Vertigo was created and Sandman became it's own standalone.
If by "shortly", you mean four years later, then yes! :)

Also, Batman, Superman, and MM show up again at The Wake, which is always a fun aside.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Was it really 4 years? For some reason I was thinking it was immediately following Preludes and Nocturnes. But I'm an old man and easily confused by shiny objects so it's not surprising.
#47 is when Vertigo branding kicked in.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

At least MM eventually got that feeling that someone was portraying him. Or whatever that aside was.

:smith:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Watchmen crossover confirmed!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

...inhuman
Oh. Well. That kind of answers that, then.

They've basically got Thanos' son tied up and draining, then.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

This almost makes me want to watch AoS. Almost.

NO DON'T!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

They could always turn her into the other other Captain Marvel, Spectrum or whatever her name was
NO

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

I wouldn't really call it a proud Marvel tradition when you have SHIELD for ages and obviously the likes of AIM and MODOK and then Whedon comes along with the dumbly named SWORD and then every organisation has to be an acronym.
I have no beeves with SWORD. It goes well with SHIELD, and there was already precedence with STRIKE back in the 70s or something. HAMMER was when things went too far.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

This is a joke, right? Transdimensional security authority?
Someone hasn't read Marvel Zombies 3.

(it stands for "Alternate Reality Monitoring and Operational Response")

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Behold! Deathlok!!!

:what:
:snort: :snicker: :cough:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

Harvey looks pretty good. Gordon looks.....strange to me. Any word on the time period that they are setting it in?
Ancient times, as people are actively reading newspapers in public.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
e: nm

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I think James Marsden would make a pretty great Matt Murdock, especially one prone to quipping. He's only two years younger than Hall, though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Hey, that wasn't a terrible episode of AoS! Of course, mashing Titus Welliver, Bill Paxton, Brad Dourif's crazy eyes and Deathlok together in one episode is going to be hard not to enjoy on some level.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

Odds on Ward having the sheer balls to actually kill a bunch of SHIELD people in order to infiltrate HYDRA even though it means he's pretty much done as a SHIELD agent?
Do I have to keep spoilering? Just in case, that whole scene was set up for Bill Paxton's benefit. Victoria hands Ward a separate firearm that could be loaded with anything, there's no way she of all people would just let agents start capping prisoners, and it allows Paxton to think Ward is really on his side. Both of those agents and Victoria are fine, and now Ward is going under, The Departed-style.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Mister Nobody posted:

Not to resurrect all the acronym talk from way back (even though that's exactly what i'm doing), but I am pretty sure SWORD as an organization preceded Whedon by a long while.
Nope.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Genetic Toaster posted:

That awesome book. Seriously, y'all Secret Warriors haters are just plain wrong. :colbert:
I thought Lurdiak was talking about SHIELD, and that one was...not great.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

I'm going to start catching up now, last night I watched the episode about the Asgardian staff (the post-Thor 2 one), which actually wasn't too bad. Peter MacNicol is pretty rad, though.
Hope you watched Mindy Project this week.

yes i watch mindy shut up

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 24, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

I'd really like to see more of the Howard Stark from the Cap movie. He was great.

So I'm guessing this is basically going to be the early days of SHIELD.
A show where everybody is using laser cigarettes and joy-buzzer EMPs? Yes please.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

they are doing the Joker
Like, teen Joker?

It's turning into Gotham High, but now it's live action!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Ok what's the Original Writer injoke I'm missing here? Does it involve Alan Moore being a prick?
Marvel is crediting Moore as The Original Writer for the Miracleman reprints because he is done with them (he wants everyone else involved to get their respective credit though), and this way everyone's happy.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 13, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

One question though, has Fitz left the show, or is his fate a loose thread for next season? I kinda hated him at first, but he definitely grew on me as the season progressed.
Deathlok 3.0 programming takes time :kheldragar:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

In the last few seasons of CI he put on a loooooooot of weight. I can see him being a bulky Fisk.
Absolutely. He's a pretty husky dude.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
After years of clamoring from comic book fans and possibly BSS Secret Santa recipients, NBC is finally moving ahead with a televised production of Heroes Reborn! Chesty Captain America still to be cast! Jeph Loeb's involvement also unconfirmed!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 17, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

No one thinks she might actually just be Elektra?
She's obviously The Spot. GEEZ.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

I've just seen the Justice episode of Smallville and I gotta say, this show isn't nearly as awful as I was led to believe. :shrug:
Oh man, that one was terrible.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I thought the show was called Hellblazer.
Gordon Ramsay has the monopoly on Hell-titled shows.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

I always forget that Buffy was a sort of pseudo-sequel to that awful film starring Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry.
There's a pseudo-canon comic arc (way before Season 8 started) that tried to connect the movie to the series, and from what I can gather, it did a pretty good job. Maybe?

Also I enjoy that movie quite a bit, even though it's so far below the series in pretty much every way.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Well, on a personal level, I enjoyed the movie as a very goofy 90s comedy-horror and could not stand to watch the final season of the show.
The movie is surprisingly easy-breezy, and game actors like Donald Sutherland and PeeWee certainly help. Also, I love the ending with that one guy blaming Young Republicans on the carnage.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Buffy should've ended at season 5.
S6 still has a lot of great material I would prefer not to lose: OMWF, Tabula Rosa, Hells Bells, Normal Again, the ep with the nerds of doom testing Buffy, and I am a total sucker for the Xander talkdown of Willow.

WarLocke posted:

other than the Adam cyborg thing being dumb as hell, that was S6 right?
S4.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 11, 2014

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

It'll just be performers in the background of a club and one week it'll be "oh he has a purple suit", next time "oh he has green hair", "oh he has an assistant with blonde hair/he laughs loudly/he has a creepy grin" and so on.
I want each one of them to turn and wink at the camera.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

They're going to have him be someone totally unrelated who's been there the whole time, like a CSI guy or something, and pretend it's clever.
Exactly. I honestly can't see just going "OH, it was the 3rd one, with the flower lapel!"

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Batman the musical :colbert:
Schwarbage.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

That sure is a Matt Murdock costume. Not a huge fan of the hair though.
Well, he's got to maintain that he's blind somehow.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Ton of Powers casting the last few days.

Sharlto Copley will be playing Walker.

Olesya Rulin as Calista.

Noah Taylor as Johnny Royale. I don't know who he is but he looks perfect.

Eddie Izzard as Wolfe.

Michelle Forbes as Retro Girl.

Half of those are pretty big departures from the comic depictions.
I dig Sharlto and Eddie, and Michelle Forbes is always great. So far so good.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Love Scott Glenn--perfect casting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

In regards to Gotham I'm laughing at them combining Barbara with Kathy Kane. Also it isn't terrible.
I kept forgetting that the main character was named James Gordon, so I'm glad the show kept reminding me every 3 minutes.