Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
So I know I'm probably going to be totally wrong but I'm beginning to think Flash's Harrison Wells might be actually Rip Hunter. He's the closest thing DC has to a Timecop (besides Booster Gold) and has been shown to do some morally grey things and he's literally named after the dude wrote the Time Machine on the show. I'm probably totally off here but it seems to make sense given the lack of clues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Ok, this has been bugging me for a while. Why everyone is talking about Zoom when Thawne has always gone by the Reverse Flash persona?

Because everything we've seen in the first 2 episodes kinda reminds us more of Zoom than reverse Flash (with the whole "must survive, be stronger), where as Thawne in the show has the same level of malice as Flash Thompson from the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Nothing is stopping him from being it later but all we've seen so far doesn't even seem to hint at it yet.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I would rather have Rip Hunter myself.

You're in luck cuz that basically describes Rip rather than Booster.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Madkal posted:

Has Booster Gold been cast yet? And if not, why not?

Because they're using his mentor his son Rip Hunter instead.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

zoux posted:

I hope they treat Superman exactly like Maris in Fraser.

"This is a man who thinks his kryptonite allergy entitles him to a disabled parking space!"

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

Stop making me sad about things that will never happen.

I'm almost certain that Palmer and Hunter will be given a similar dynamic, unless they decide to wait and introduce Ted properly after using Kord Industries on every generic box in Arrow.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

They were all murdered in Winter Soldier

Wouldn't last season be post Winter Soldier? Winter Soldier happened mid-S1 in AoS.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

They've changed the entire premise. It's about making superhero collateral damage protection gadgets for Wayne Enterprises now, instead of insurance.

It also means that Bruce Wayne sells stuff to protect against him injuring you.

https://youtu.be/ZZ7oht6TD9c

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jan 6, 2017

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

James Gunn had said that part of the negotiation was to get Ego back but nobody could figure out how Ego would be with Fox.

I thought it's cuz he was tied up with the Fantastic Four rights by way of Silver Surfer.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Boring, wake me up when a tv show does the requisite "God is probably real after all and science can't explain some things." thing but from a Muslim perspective.

As a Muslim, we believe in Jesus too. He comes back for the Day of Judgement, did miracles, and everything else. We just don't believe he was the son of God. So it's about as valid.

I guess,we kinda just gave him a reverse of Wonder Woman Zeus Retcon.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

So was anyone surprised by the plot twist of the Flash last night?

Not entirely, I've been half following the show this season and I guessed it would've been the Flash that got erase from the timeline when Barry went full retard and created Flashpoint. So I was half right.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Proteus Jones posted:

Christoph Watlz?

I know likely too old, but he'd be perfect to play a brilliant, grandiose super-villain tyrant.

He's in a mask all the time, and they can use their young Tony Stark magic for the inevitable setup flash back. I feel the F4 have gone thru enough origin movies that even if they were to do it right that well would be poisoned. They just need to be retconned in or handled like the Ed Norton film where the origin is alluded to in he credits.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

You just figured out the final episode twist
edit: ignore. Kinda tasteless.

good day for a bris fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 12, 2018

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

this meme is digusting

I was aiming for the end of St. Elsewhere but yeah, maybe you're right.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Legion is good.

I just started watching today and all I can think about is the scene of him frantically playing Rainbow Connection on the banjo with that pained voice.

Legion is...good

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

I can't wait for Patton Oswalt's Grand Unifying Theory to play out on-screen.

The TV should just reveal that Thanos is really Brody Koenig, the up until now unseen black sheep of the Koenig family.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Don't listen to Arist.

Yeah, play the first one and stop there...

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Fox doesn't maintain Fox continuity, which I think is oddly appropriate.

Isn't the unofficial explanation is "the current movie takes place in a different (but extremely similar) timeline than the one before" so they can just have people show up and not explain jack?

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

But really, can anyone else claim otherwise? :v:

Also Shen Xorn, the one who sacrificed himself to save the X-Men, showed up again (unexplained) and was the ruler of the mutant nation New Tian. Then, during Secret Empire it was revealed that he was being mind controlled by Emma Frost who was really making all the decisions.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/vincentdonofrio/status/1045469483803045889

D'Onofrio is so cool I hope he doesn't turn out to be a scumbag

I think he's actively avoiding to be one. I remember a few weeks ago he was more or less asking if it's morally okay to be playing a irredeemable racist in todays climate.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

The reviews don't fill me with hope for Doom Patrol, but everything else about Doom Patrol looks pretty cool and good, especially the cast.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I think I am just assuming TV Execs are going "What will little old ladies in Topeka think of this?" when ever something radical is suggested.

"It's good but will it get them off their tractors?"

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

sticksy posted:

What DC super villain would Charlie Sheen be?

Snowflame.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

mllaneza posted:

New trailer for Young Justice:Outsiders dropped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gveN3jV0pJM

Nice little callback to the Green Arrow short film from the old DC dvd shorts. I'm guessing that's now part of the YJ continuity.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

Captain X shooting shields from his eyes.

That's a common misconception, his eyes are merely portals to the Shield dimension.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

David D. Davidson posted:

I think he'd just train him wrong just so he doesn't have the hassle further down the road.

Taskmaster is, and shall always be, a consummate professional. Plus I imagine training a new Captain America is probably a nice bulletpoint on a resume.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There's a lot of speculation that they cordoned off the Netflix stuff to keep Perlmutter out of the MCU.

Yeah that was my understanding as well. The Hulu stuff is probably not connected but I think the Disney+ stuff will stay. Easiest way to tell is finding out how involved Jeph Loeb is, if it's his its probably separate.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Rhyno posted:

That's all it said. A DP spinoff.

Crossing my fingers for Willoughby Kipling X-Files procedural.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Kevin Conroy also hasn't really done the separate Bruce Wayne voice since New Adventures started airing. That show seemed to want Bruce Wayne to just look and sound like Batman in a poor civilian disguise, and that's kinda where he's been ever since, at least in the material I've seen.

I don't know if Conroy has any input on that at all, but I sure have opinions about it.

Hard same, I miss BTAS Bruce as it is legitimately my favorite interpretation of him. I’m not a fan of this whole Bruce is the mask bullshit

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I still think Bruce is a mask in those there's just a 3rd person you have to watch for and it's Bruce alone with alfred. Like he gets a ton of cred for his party boy Bruce voice versus his crime fighting Batman voice but it goes even deeper.

I totally agree with this. Scenes such as Bruce with Leslie or when he was with Matthew Thorne asking about his parents felt more like the real Bruce. I just reject the whole idea of Bruce being Batman all the time of he could. Playboy Bruce, business Bruce, and Batman should all be different aspects of one person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Let's hate watch the Green Arrow spin off together. It's gonna be about his time displaced daughter.

Is she the one displaced or is it the Canaries?