Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
This game is pretty rad. I've come to the point where I just run around and do whatever I feel like at the time and it's a very refreshing experience. It's nice being able to switch between alts on the fly and run around like an idiot.

My radical pirate themed mesmer:

My dank plant guardian:

I had to get hit for this shot, gently caress aegis.

This game needs more purple glowy weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I just push every button on my bar when it's up and it's worked out so far. Rotations are for chumps, this game is 95% dressup and 5% pushing all of the buttons to make cool stuff happen.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

TwoQuestions posted:

I found a build on the GW2 forums:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlIqic3zyuF1LJyoCdWoHFmEqWiUkfW2nCyFA-j0xAYfACEQWsIasVwioxqrxUqER1uEioapAsYLA-w

You essentially keep in melee range of whatever target you want to kill, and spam bombs that heal you, becoming very difficult to kill. Is there something terribly wrong with this build, as I'm tired of tossing grenades at 1400 hoping they hit what I'm aiming at through the lag.

I have been running this build on my engineer for a very long time. It not the best damage at all but my thief buddy loves me as he can sit in melee range almost every boss fight. The gear choice is spot on as well, however I chose different runes (some healing crap I forget, probably Water). It's very tanky but people (pubs) will hate you for not having berserker gear. Run dungeons with goons instead!

edit: Cleric's gear + Dwayna Runes.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 30, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I'm going to have to pickup a plant-lightsaber weapon or two for my Sylvari Guardian. I wish they would make more weapon that look different when stowed like these. I know there are a couple out there now, current favorite is the Whispers Greatsword (foldy sword woo!). What's with all the feathers for light armor?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Man the expectations you guys have for free content is pretty drat high. I don't think the story is all that bad and if
I don't like the current dialogue or whatever mini dungeon they throw at me I know a new one is on its way. The game is pretty drat campy as it is so I'm not expecting Tolkien style writing. I have enjoyed the updates since Flame and Frost but I guess I'm in the minority.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Still, for the long term cheevos, the completionist in me would like to get them all, and I'll be disappointed if I can't kill that lich guy in before it ends. I don't care about the two points, but I wouldn't want to see a forever empty spot on my achievement tracker. Maybe it'll be good for me not to get it. Baby steps.

There's a first time for everything. If it isn't the Lich dude it would be the "Kill Scarlet in under 30 seconds" one that will only be possible with 4 warriors and a mesmer!

On a crappy note, it sucks to those who didn't own the game or weren't playing before they started adding permanent things to your personal home instance. Hopefully they add in more ways to get places of power and the like next year...

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

I've decided to go for The Minstrel, as I'm a hipster focus ele and it's the only skin that sufficiently completes my look (as well as the only legendary that doesn't ruin it). Also, as SFD's resident horn virtuoso, it's only fitting to be the world first SFD Minstrel owner.

How should I go about gathering the T6s? Is it better to do all the clover poo poo first, since you get T6s from failed rolls?

Finally, how does that stupid tracker site work? You better not have to use Facebook.

I was going to make The Bard and then I realized it doesn't go with any of my Mesmer's costumes at all. Also, every time I get close to buying The Bard I end up blowing all of my gold on stupid stuff. I keep telling myself eventually I'll get enough mats to push me in that direction. At the very least I pat myself on the back for not having a collection of shields that would be ruined by Aegis.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Gem Store Guitar

[&AgGIpwAB]

Not really, although it would be :krad:. This new Butt Rock must play through the entire new dungeon. Any word on whether it's sticking around after the living story?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Cephid posted:

I bound jump to my mouse right next to dodge so I can easily dodge jump if I need to (it made SAB soooo much easier). I use a gamepad so the grenade thing never bothered me as much.

Heavy Lobster posted:

What's your setup for this? I've always wanted to give this a shot for the fun of it but I never seem to have enough gamepad space to do everything I need, mainly UI interaction.

I would also like to know how you have this setup. Even if I have to download a bunch of stupid stuff I'd like to try it out sometime. I loved DCUO controls with my Xbox 360 controller and have been looking around to set GW2 up similarly.

edit:

Mosthated posted:

Dev livestream of the new WvW Map Edge of the Mists is going on now

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

This chick reminds me of Daria. Also, I like how he solo'd a bunch of stuff that wasn't meant to be soloable because he was a warrior. Kind of...

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Nov 8, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Erdricks posted:

For the OP - Xpadder config file for a xbox360 controller:

The triggers are modifier keys. You'll need to set up the game keybinds accordingly (so that alt+1 or whatever = whatever you prefer)

Thanks ill play around with it this weekend. Flamethrower engineer I imagine would be fun enough with a controller.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

We had one guy walk a single golem off a cliff, which threw off the most insane hour of map chat raging, people literally giving us death threats, and SFD being blacklisted by the tryhard guilds. Yup we're sure huge dicks.

I'd like to confess it was my sins. It was my Noob Roleplaying(not to be confused with trolling) that started the commotion yesterday. I'm pretty sure I jumped off 1 cliff that took ~25% HP off and got a bunch of tells saying that I'm an idiot. How was I supposed to know a golem with robot legs, and probably super shocks, would take damage from a small cliff jump? The golem died just outside of a supply camp as I was overrun by a zerg which then wiped the Maguuma zerg.

I could only imagine if a new player accidentally took a golem off a cliff or went the wrong way. They would be fed all kinds of hate speech that they would probably never go into WvW again. The death threats are honestly uncalled for and just ridiculous. Maybe it's because I was sporting an SFD tag but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

My Superhero: 1 golem killed - Maguuma WvW Enemy #1
Doodle Kins: 11 golems killed - Glorious Commander of the TyEhards

The other golems were killed not even 10 minutes after mine, it was golem genocide!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

Yeah, it's ridiculous how serious some people take this. Over the weekend in EBG there was a newbie who wasn't on mumble piloting a golem for the first time. He/she wasn't following instructions, so all of the 24/7 mumblers were telling everyone to report the person for scamming because they were "sabotaging the game". Oh no! 100 supply! And yeah, all of the golems died within seconds a few minutes later when they got steamrolled by the BG zerg.

This just makes me wants to get a Commander Icon so I can lead lost pubbies to victory. Now I just have to hold off on blowing my gold on stupid gemstore stuff this week! Then ill have to figure out which character to put it on(why is this still a thing?).

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

MaguumaWvW.jpg

edit: VVVVV I've been waiting a year for a promotion! Thanks!

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 12, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Wouldn't it be easier for them to incentivize the completion of events in a zone? Every event should give a chest reward like champs, not just champ mobs themselves. Make a couple zones a day give bonus loot and make it so chests spawn for completion of events for all players who participated. This would also solve the "fail events over and over for champs" bullshit and get people out there doing events. Give themed skins for the zones types at a low percentage and create more overtime or whatever.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I hope it's all the LS content in Fractal form.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I did the Tower last night on my Guardian and Mesmer. It was definitely easier in my Guardian to run past everything to the top but on my Mesmer I kept getting trained on by people on level 3. I get that running through solo is possible but I thought it was more fun to /say to people around you to gather a small group of ~15 people and run through the place. It felt awesome with a group running through working together to destroy the plant things and mini bosses on your way to the top. It sucks if you're in the back of the pack and get owned but it seems this place was designed for people to run through it. It was a lot more balanced and scales better than the Labyrinth.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Apparently cross server dungeon groups are broken at the moment:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Doing-dungeons-bugs-guesting

Raion.5280 posted:

Currently what is happening is if you use LFG or have a party cross server for dungeons, it’s automatically guesting you to that server. If you already have “guested” twice, it boots you. You can not guest to a server you want cause of this.
Hopefully Anet is aware and looking for a solution quickly!

I wonder how things like this get broken from patch to patch...

A better reason to be in a Goon Guild!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I'm bummed that I missed out on WvWvWednesday yesterday. I was even practicing my golem piloting earlier this week just in case we did something like this. It seems I need more practice.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Nov 15, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

SeaTard posted:

Is the gas mask a 1-time thing, or does it show up in your achievement page like the achievement weapon skins?

It's only one skin per account (unlike the Dragon Bash helm). Hopefully they get on the ball and retroactively add skins to that tab, hell we have the achievement so I'm guessing that stuff will eventually show up there.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Guardian tip: if you find your party clearing a dungeon way faster than God intended, equip a hammer and ruin your fellow elementalist's efforts at keeping the party capped at 25 might with constant light fields. Bonus points for using Banish to knock an enemy back for no practical reason.

I feel like this is a personal attack.

Leveling up a new thief alt. I can't help but realize how much more mobile they are, shortbow is so much fun! I was confused at first because their offhand changes 3, 4 and 5 rather than just 4 and 5. I don't like sword as much probably because I have a Mesmer and it feels similar. WvW is a lot of fun as well now that I can run away from pretty much anything.

Edit: loving phone. VVVVVV thanks didn't notice this!

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 16, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I fear for the day when we actually get an accurate way of measuring DPS. I play primarily with Dentists so they don't care too much but eventually they'll find out I really have no idea what I'm doing. It's nice not having DPS meters tracking you. "LF1M 5k DPS for speed run" ugh. I do think it will be kind of cool to test out new builds but if they add in a group DPS meter I'm going to hide it and completely ignore it. It could mean they can make enrage timer type fights in the future (kinda like Teq is now) but I think that's a lovely mechanic when you don't have gear treadmills to help with the DPS gaps in your group.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Hammer guardian is the only one that bothers me while playing a particular support spec. Mostly cause of the unapologetic attitude of some dentists.

:smith: I'm sorry Gand.

I'll use another character or build when you're playing your support Ele from now on, can we still be friends?

Why the hell don't fields stack? Would it be too powerful for some builds?

endolithic posted:

Sold! Now I need to decide if I want asura for "punt fools three times my size" hilarity, or sylvari for pretty princess glowing and cool cultural armor.

Exhibit A: Radleaf Dankpurps

I regret ever making an Asura, you can never see their armor and can barely see their weapons. Unless you like the space rat cultural armor I suggest making a Sylvari, they look pretty good in normal armor too!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Just hit 80 on my 5th character. Are there any gimmicky builds for Thief? Is Venomshare still a thing? I've been using dual pistols and ricochet because it is pretty drat fun so bonus points if there is something that uses dual pistol and shortbow.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

In GW2 SFD is seen as some trolling guild, but thats really not true. People just overreact to the most innocuous things. Listen to what they said in the video posted by SFD's own Mesmer Asura.

Keep in mind the person complaining towards the end of the video is a Goon.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I just watched a warrior solo the level 20 Molten Duo boss. Shadowshift(Omiko) is my loving hero! :krad:

Sorry I didn't get the end bit, I was in shock.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Mizuti posted:

Contest Entry

This is my entry! Radleaf Dankpups Master of the Seven Seas!

edit: Bonus pic

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 1, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Visidan posted:

Someone sacrifice their account to find out how much a door has.

stupidModCreator posted:

Now displays the current target health and its max health in a separate movable window.
This only works on enemy targets. It aslo does not work on world bosses or constructs, walls turrets etc (see issue 1)

DPS meters are the worst.

I have gotten a couple compliments today on my Mesmer's armor from random people. I need a new helm so I'm on the lookout for something but this will do for now:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I treat sPvP the same way I treat a game like TF2. I play it to jump into a game and kill some dudes for a bit, then I go gently caress off and do something else. Same with WvW, Dungeons, JPs, or any part of this game. Hopping around to the different aspects of the game is why I'm still playing this game. It's nice to see there is going to be different sPvP maps introduced sometime in the future because capture point can get stale after a while. I think they may even get some of the hardcore pvp folk from other games to transfer over if certain modes are successful and decently balanced. They'll need to utilize the PvE vs PvP separation a bit more at some point which I think they've said in the past they don't like doing. I could be wrong, generally the PvP livestreams annoyed me in the past because the pro dudes would just ramble on about their favorite class and how they thought of a really neat idea to buff their class and make it more inline with whatever class they hate to fight.

With the way the one time use skins work now it seems like they may use the "Convert to PvP" button to send it to a universal game mode locker! I can only dream that someday this happens so I can spend all my money collecting gear sets for Achievement points. God help my wallet if this ever becomes a thing.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Just a couple more hours and I can get my Wintersday on! How is the new mesmer healing skill? I've had a hard-on for mesmer staff since launch so I'm used to keeping my illusions up as long as possible before getting rid of them.

The new Asura faces make me want to get another makeover kit to make my engineer look like an old fart!

Does the update schedule mean we don't get anything for the next couple weeks or am I confused?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

About the makeover kits:

I read they aren't in the gemstore at the moment. Maybe there is a bug or something.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

This update is the best :420:

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Dec 11, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Both guilds are very active; I can tell you that GOON loves dungeons, WvW and silly banter, but our activities tend to be more spontaneous while SFD has scheduled guild events almost every night. You're more than welcome to try out both, but since there's still no cross-guild chat you'll probably end up settling into one or the other.

SFDs nightly guild events consist of:

-Making fun of our fat whale of a Leader
-Telling Maths he's an idiot
-Idling near the bank admiring our princesses
-Guild Events on Saturday
-WvWvWednesday
-Taco Tuesday
-Sassmouth Sunday (sPvP practice for MLGPRO tourneys)
-Dye quizzes
-Nightly dungeons and fractals where you spend half the time razzing me
-Food Talk with Fatty
-Play other games because too much Scarlet is bad for your health (TF2uesdays needs to be a thing again)

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 11, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Cabbit posted:

I saw there was a buff to elixir infused bombs, are there engineer builds that aren't "THROW ALL THE GRENADES" again?

I've been running a build with elixir infused bombs, increase radius and backpack regen and it just got better. It doesn't out damage grenades but with cleric gear my thief buddy loves me because he can stay in melee range due to the heals. Ill update this post later tonight.

edit: something like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIq6ZX3SgF1LJyoCdWoHS49pWiUkfW2nCyFA-jgBB4hBBtBkwAg+AMLqIas1NFRjFA-e

Although this site doesn't have the updated traits, i still took Power Shoes because 25% flat movement speed rocks! Maybe some of the better Engineers can chime in with a different trait set. I run Cleric gear for my Armor and I think I have some Rabid stuff for my accessories just because I haven't bought any Cleric ones yet.

edit: In regards to the arthritis I use a Razer Naga and I have bound my F1-F4 abilities to Shift+1 -Shift+4.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 12, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Alteisen posted:

Oh man that dredge fractal.

That was something else.

Thanks a lot for taking my lowbie rear end around guys :)

Aesis posted:

It was disgusting :v: 8~9 attempts or so just on dredge, afaik. But hey, I completed my first Fractal! Thanks guys.

It was a lot of fun. I always enjoy taking people through dungeons, thanks for sticking around during the wipes. I still think they could fix the first part by making the channel switch be a couple seconds faster and take out a bunch of the mobs in the 2 hallways (or tone down the repsawn timer).

Welcome to SFD where it's cool to spend half the dungeon on the floor!

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

A buddy of mine just got this game because he wanted to do some sPvP. He loved WoW Arenas so I told him to pick the game up when it was on sale for $25.00 because they're eventually bringing something similar here in 2014. He has been getting so many threats for his Heartseeker spam Thief build. He was so amazed at how angry people can get about his "No skill poo poo rear end thief".

I've been messing around with this build for my Mesmer this weekend:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQNAW7alwziq3UzoGb9IiJFBHydSBzJdlegb52FC-TsAAzCrIaS1krJTTymsNN+Y9xeBA

It feels tanky enough to not get destroyed by bursty builds and pretty drat annoying. I'm not the best sPvP played but I was killing a lot and topping the chart almost every game.

I also had something like 16k glory so I dumped around 4k into Mystery Boxes in hopes of them eventually merging this with the PvE game world. Leveling up in sPvP doesn't seem to hard, you get enough glory in a couple matches to get a level in PvE. Are they planning on removing the Glory Vendor items for Tomes of Knowledge when they do the Glory->Gold change over?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

McSlaughter posted:

You missed out.

Is this Kreczor?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Just finished my world tour of Jumping Puzzles the other day. I urge some of the new people in this thread to use the Wiki and look up a JP in your area. Take a break from speeding through hearts and enjoy the scenery. Some of the puzzles are really cool and they even give reward chests at the end for phat loot!

It's kind of funny that I've been playing since launch and just now completed all of the JPs. This game has a lot of content and some of the best times I've had haven't been in the "end game"(dungeons/fractals) but exploring lower level zones and doing out of the way event chains.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

CODChimera posted:

Originally I thought Orr was going to be a constant war zone, sorta like WvW but against the AI. You'd have people fighting all over the map for objectives pushing in one area, defending in another etc.

Not quite what we got but oh well.

It is like a war zone against the AI but nobody cares because the loot sucks. Just give out daily zone bonuses or something and rotate them around. If done right it could move some people into the less popular zones.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Charr cultural light armor is pretty neat!

Necro:

Mesmer:

Guardian:

Engineer:

Thief:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I use the cutscenes to take :420: breaks. I do like the new-ish way of doing smaller dialogue scenes during the Tower events where the NPCs just talked to each other instead of splitting to a cut scene. They should do this with the player character's speech as well. It means you can't skip them but you can jump around in Kasmeer's face and spam spell effects!

• Locked thread