Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

You can't even channel those points unless the Melandru temple has been taken, so don't stress too hard about them. CS is fast and easy to complete compared to Straits. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:sigh:

Still waiting for that appropriately tanky-looking heavy armor skin for my femnorn guardian.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

They better not nerf shout warriors I'll loving murder them all.

They already nerfed shout warriors a couple months ago :frog:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

metacorder posted:

If there were ragdoll physics on the dead body and WWE moves, I'd buy so many finishers.

I would spend literally $20 worth of gems on a finisher where the windup was doing The Rock's silly cross arms pre-finisher dance thing, and then the actual finisher was dropping the people's elbow, and a ref appearing to 3-count with a bell ring.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm embarrassed that I recognized Mono, Kes and Aiyyi instantly from their portraits.

Kes isn't in there. Ghostpilot/Kanigher is, along with... Curtis Jenkins?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

poptart_fairy posted:

I remember someone having a really good rifle build for engineer somewhere - anyone still got that? I wanna do ranged, tinkery combat but I hate having a ranger pet and warrior armour is terrible.

Ghostpilot is the one known for his static discharge rifle build.

It's really fun. :)

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

IIRC hat hair wasn't actually modeled hair, just a texture on the skin. Still better than what we have now.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Assassin's shoulder and gloves, HotW coat, Viper skirt, and the aforementioned Whispers boots. The boots have knives too, I am a walking knife box.

Not listed, but completes the knives ensemble: two Incinerators :supaburn:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Egun is a great support/situational gadget (as GP found out, the synergy between rifle's jump shot and egun's acid bomb is INSANE), but it's pretty anemic as a primary damage-dealer.

Good engie builds generally revolve around giving yourself carpal tunnel with grenades (see Kes's build earlier in the thread), static discharge with rifle (see Ghostpilot's most recent build), or pistol/elixirs with HGH (does anyone here primary that?).

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

:effort:

WTF, Anet.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Hey, wintersday may just be a complete rehash of last year, but at least it's a complete rehash, instead of the 50% rehash we got for Halloween.

(Actually I'm betting we don't need to go build mystic snowmen, but whatever)

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

kafziel posted:

I got a Carrion ascended weapon chest.

Who the gently caress makes good use of Carrion weapons? What build of what class wants Condition Damage/Power/Vitality?

P/D condition thieves?

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Hydrocodone posted:

These exploding present platforms are a nightmare. They weren't this difficult last year, were they?

I just started playing again after maybe 6-7 months off and I feel completely lost as to what to do with my level 80 character. So the holiday stuff seemed like a good idea, being fun and because I don't mind if it's not going to get me nice armor or something like that. But these presents popping under my feet are brutal, particularly since it seems hitting the flat blue ones begins a LOT of popping and even if I make the jump beyond them, someone else with me might not.

Protip for the exploding presents in the wintersday JP: wait for them all to explode, then when they're respawning, wait for the closest row of RED presents to fill out, and jump to them and just jump straight up the staircase (not doing the angled jumps, just to the one directly in front of you). You should easily make it to the top without any issues, then WAIT for the gusts of wind by the big snowman on the right to clear, and head down the candy cane ramp to the last bit of the puzzle.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Ghostpilot posted:

D-don't look at me. I'm a monster! :byodood:

Eeeuuurrrrrgggghhh

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

^^^ I got put into overflow in Cursed Shore a few times over the past month, no idea what's been going on there.

Boss zergs have been huge on Maguuma the last month or so, and they like to run gates/mel/grenth in relatively quick succession on CS.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

drunkencarp posted:

What's the best way to get in on that (the boss zergs)? I feel like I'm always hearing about it after it's over, or coming in on the tail end after missing most of it.

Turn on map chat, follow the WPs that Fanta Limon/Captain Crawdad/Suzumiya Haruhi toss out, follow their commander icons.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

tarbrush posted:

Ask for help in game. There's normally someone prepared to tolerate Orr long enough to give you a hand.

Personally I just love loving around in CS (and Orr in general), but I won't be back to play until tomorrow night. I'd be glad to run a couple more Orr-clearing sessions later this week or this weekend though, if people are up for it!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Not gonna post my mesmer because she's just a white human female with purple hair wearing phoenix armor. :downs:

Twin Bonetti's rapiers, though!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Hey, time for some of my pretty and not-so-pretty princesses!

This is Fat Hobo, a work in progress. I have yet to find the ugliest medium armor and dye combination possible for a maxheight maxfat norn, but he's only level 54, so I've got some more sets to sort through and mix-n-match. I'm pretty sure the wooden sword has to stay part of the ensemble, along with the ridiculous Zephyr Sanctum rucksack. Every pet is named "Dog."

This is Brozencrantz, my power necro, who is sporting what is apparently the entirely unoriginal Aetherblade light top, CM pants, and the recent gasmask reward. I don't care, I like the look of a crazy mad scientist techno necro.

This is Hildegaarde, my first character, wearing something resembling actual sensible armor oh my god. I just wish you could get non-dinged-up versions of the CM armor, because the clean set that the token merchant is wearing looks awesome.

This is look I'm currently like the most out of any of my characters, on my thief, Caffaria. It's a rockin' road-warrior biker chick motif, with no loving trenchcoat.

It lends itself amazingly well to action shots, since you can actually see the action and not just a coat. :haw:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Captain Backslap posted:

I've done pretty much every skill challenge and am approaching 100% and don't remember this one.

It's the raven shaman Vilnia Shadowsong up in the northwest of Snowden. You have to jump up a few ledges to get there, and there's a veteran ice imp at the bottom if you fall. Then she's in some cave with a bunch of geodes and glowing plants and wrecks your poo poo.

That said, I've solo'd her on at least five different classes. :smug:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Jhet posted:

B) Where's the purple hair!?

:eng101: You can only get purple hair from makeover/hairstyle kits!

GW2 cred destroyed

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

First screenshot, taken August 28, 2012:

Low-level Hildegaarde about to go take on THAT loving SKILLPOINT.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Thanks. I will try those. :)

Note that only mesmer really meets your "plus" criteria. Engineers are fine in groups but not sought out. Eles are usually avoided except in situations where ice bow is useful. :/

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

MooCowlian posted:

gently caress Orr.

Counterpoint: Orr owns. :colbert:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, this is not normal GOON behavior and it's really unlikely that person is still active in the guild.

I dunno about that, we have a whole ton of active members that I don't think I've ever seen post one line in gchat. I wound up on some party for something a few weeks back where I didn't recognize a single character or account name. GOON is pretty big, especially once you get outside of the usual gchat/missions group of people, and it's entirely possible that some random group of goons that never talks to anyone but themselves wound up foregoing a fractal run because of a ranger.

Hard to say!

Edit: we also do dungeon runs carrying lowbies from time to time :) It's fun!

Schpyder fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jan 15, 2014

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

On that note: I'm really sad that people have found a stacking spot for Kholer now and just do that instead of legit fighting him. :( That's one of the best fights in the game!

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

As far as telegraphing goes, a good solution might be to include a channeling bar in the targeting information for enemies, at least for more significant attacks like Kholer's pull.

It's really really hard to see tells through all the particle effects most of the time,

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Zhentar posted:

I should also point out, two of those were intentionally not killed. Once you kill one wurm, you have 45 seconds to kill another (or both? don't know yet) wurm.

Wait, seriously? It's one of those fights?

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. That poo poo's hard enough to pull off with just 30 people on the branded mine guild challenge, I can't imagine how impossible it'll be with a full map and people in three totally different areas.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Ussr posted:

I normally post very low effort and boring gameplay videos on YouTube, but after last night's guild missions I decided to somewhat learn Sony Vegas try something a little different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJD9Bex3sOs

The fact that this came out of it made those mission failures totally worth it in the end. :allears:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

ApeHawk posted:

Except the dredge in SE3, who are all immune to blind.

They're not immune to big ol' bomb though :getin:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

chumbler posted:

Do you have to have done super titbot first? I keep missing the times when that starts.

You have to participate and finish the event, but you don't need to be successful.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Cephid posted:

Honestly; I think she spends half her time thinking of ways she can accomplish her goals while also trolling Logan as much as possible.

This alone makes her the best character.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

ijyt posted:

Going for a Maleficent look?

If you wanna look like Maleficent, you should be using the TA light helm.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

We need to go to the armory! That's wh^H^H^H

Sorry, force of habit.

Also, the only worthwhile one of those is the one with Garm.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

CLAM DOWN posted:

I will never understand why people do stuff like this, it's like you WANT the game to be boring/monotonous/unfun.

We don't all have guilds under our thumb to extort for the stuff we need for a legendary. :colbert:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Captain Backslap posted:

Stop posting your creepy Asura jesus help us.

Counterpoint: Lonk is awesome, never stop posting. :colbert:

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I'm thinking that the eyepatch might be the only thematically-consistent piece of headgear for Caffaria's post-apocalyptic biker look.

It's close to something I'd consider putting on Fat Hobo's head, but not near shabby enough.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I guess you could say this conversation is really...

:c00l:

...for the birds.

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

malhavok posted:

Uh, everyone? there is literally no way to not use burning.

Right, but no one uses VoJ for the actual burn condition damage. They use it because you can get a lot of synergy with Justice is Blind, Renewed Justice, Firey Wrath, Inspired Virtue, and Blind Exposure. All of which maintain the same build utility (buffing damage and mitigating incoming damage, often) whether or not the applied burns do any damage at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Holy poo poo bunker down and fortified turrets look like ultimate rear end in a top hat bunker engi traits.

• Locked thread