Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Looks awesome! I'll try to have a character ready to submit sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Qin, Changeling Avenger of Boldrei and Dark Lantern Community Liason

One of the more unusual and unsung contributions to the defense of Sharn during the Last War came from an unexpected quarter; the organized crime families of the city’s lower wards. Being criminal scum does not, after all, prevent you from being a patriot, and whatever Clan Boromar or the Tyrant’s feelings about the law, Breland was, at the end of the day, the place where they kept all their stuff. Thus it was that the King’s Dark Lanterns found an unlooked for ally in the Tyrants, the changeling information brokers that rule Dragoneyes. Enemy spies infiltrating Sharn from Cyre and Aundair found themselves pinned between a rock and a hard place, beset by counterespionage action from both the Citadel and the underworld. In fact, the Tyrants owe much of their expansion during the War years to profitably subverting foreign agents, and many of the Dark Lanterns’ most promising recruits were drawn from the changelings of the lower wards.

Qin was raised to the King’s service from an early age. A child of one of the Chancellors Kilk, he was one of several changelings fostered to the state orphanages as part of an unwritten truce between the Citadel and the Tyrants. He was raised by priests and priestesses of the Sovereign Host, which instilled in him an early respect of the mechanisms or religion. At the age of twelve he was taken to the star chamber deep within the Citadel, where his training began in earnest. By the age of adulthood, he was already an accomplished spy and agent, and his ability to doggedly pursue an enemy through any conceivable situation was legendary. Despite his race and birth, his loyalty to the Crown is considered unquestionable.

With a foot in two very different worlds, Qin tries to keep his poise as he navigates a course between them. Never exactly a cop, he has no love for strict legalism, and views a certain level of civic corruption as a necessary component of modern society. At the same time, as a lifelong advocate of Boldrei, he has a deep love for home and hearth, for the communities and civil organizations that form the background of the city’s daily life. During the War he was a knife in the dark, protecting the people of Sharn from evils they never even knew existed. Now that the War is over, or at least paused, he takes a more subtle approach to weeding out the Crown’s enemies within the city.

Most recently, his excellent people skills have landed him the task of Community Liaison for the King’s Dark Lanterns. His new job is to forge alliances between the King’s information network and the other segments of the city’s official and unofficial governance, starting with cultivating contacts within the City Watch. It’s time to start making friends and influencinge people.

pre:
Qin

HP: 91/91 (THP: )      	AC:   30    	Passive Insight: 28
Surges: 7/7 (V:22)	Fort:  22    	Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +11   	Ref:  27    	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	        Will: 29    

At Will             		Encounter             			Daily
Melee Basic Attack  	[ ] Abjure Undead/Divine Guidance 	[ ] Aspect of Might
Ranged Basic Attack 	[ ] Angelic Alacrity			[ ] Menacing Presence
Changeling Disguise	[ ] Sequestering Strike			[ ] Shadow Tricks
Overwhelming Strike	[ ] Chains of Censure			[ ] Wings of Angels
Bond of Pursuit		[ ] Radiant Rush			[ ] Majestic Word
Mage Hand		[ ] Changeling Trick
Prestidigitation	[ ] Resonant Escape
			[ ] Aspect of Agility		

Conditionals :
Oath of Enmity: I roll twice and use the highest against the target of my oath
if no other enemies are adjacent.
Oath of Pursuit: I deal 9 extra damage against my Oath’s target if it willingly
moves away from me.
Avenging Resolution: I treat all damage dice that are 1’s or 2’s as 3’s against
my Oath’s target.
Painful oath: I deal 5 extra necrotic and radiant damage the first time each
turn I hit my Oath’s target. 
Onslaught of Enmity: I shift 2 squares  towards the target each time I use my Oath.
Taunting Visage: I gain combat advantage against the target of my Oath if I take
its face using Changeling Disguise.
Bloodthirsty Greatsword: I have a +1 item bonus to attack rolls and +3 to damage
rolls against Bloodied opponents.
Heaven’s Shield: I have +1 to all defenses when I am at full hit points.
Action Point: When I spend an action point I get +1 item bonus to attack 
rolls and defenses until the end of my next turn and I or an adjacent ally can spend
a healing surge.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Apr 2, 2014

• Locked thread