Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Pick posted:

Winnie the Pooh?

The villain in that film was illiteracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Das Boo posted:

The villain in that film was illiteracy.

Always my favorite parts of those movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DULn6T93hsQ

edit: wtf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5swOZ1EYk&t=465s

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 20, 2014

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story

Pick posted:

Winnie the Pooh?

I never saw it

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ravel posted:

I never saw it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui-qx5r9fNw

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Winnie the Pooh was cute and pretty and good. (But short.)

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

HPanda posted:

I'm trying to think of Lilo's bad side and can only come up with her being a kid, and a little odd, probably because of dead parents. Her resolution wasn't in fixing her undesirable side, but in her life situation changing to make that side okay.

My dad feels lukewarm about Lilo and Stitch because he felt that Lilo's character arc should've involved her coming to terms with her selfishness, since she did a lot of things that ultimately caused Nani pain and inconvenience. I'd say he definitely has a point there, because Lilo does do a lot of obnoxious and selfish-kid things that she never has to own up to or apologize for.

David doesn't really have any glaring negative qualities that I can recall. He's a nice guy.

Nani does a few bitchy, short-sighted, and short-tempered things throughout the movie, but given the situation she's in, it's wholly understandable (especially if you're an adult).

Pleakley has personal flaws, sure, but they mostly affect just him.

Gantu became more of a comedic villain in the sequels and TV show, but in the first movie, he's really more of an antagonist or opposing force, if that isn't just splitting hairs.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Nani's also pretty incredible when you consider it's implied she gave up her dream to take care of Lilo. Shots of her room contain tons of surfing trophies. There's a good hold of it, but I can't find it, but here's an example:

e: found it

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Lilo is seven years old. Seven year olds do selfish kid things that stress out their caretakers. I found it kind of refreshing that her arc was more about strengthening a core value of family being important rather than changing behavior stuff that will get better as she grows up.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ravel posted:

I do find it odd that Cars is the only one that has no antagonists at all (the car that wins is more just a dick than a villain, he doesn't interact with Lightning at all) . What a strange Disney film to have that unique distinction.
Come to think of it, the villain of Cars is pretty much the Interstate network.

Just saw Frozen by the way, it was good. I have to admit, the twist with Hans completely threw me: I didn't know that much about it going in (Even with all the hype, I somehow missed all the story details). Kinda funny that I saw it shortly after Brave, since they follow similar main themes (driving force of the story being the relationship between two family members).

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Dec 31, 2014

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cut Hans, cut Olaf, make Elsa go a lot more mental, have a bit of a Pokémon 3: Spell of the Unown thing going on with her ice palace, redeem Elsa eventually with the true love act thing.

Boom. This movie goes from a solid 6.9 that gets a big crap half way through to a consistent 7.8 throughout.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
No, make everyone Hans. Sideburns for all!

Showcase the true love story between Kristoff and Sven.

Make the shopkeeper a recurring character. Give him a catchphrase.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Just make it so Anya dies at the end like Eugene should have.

Yoo-hooo!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HPanda posted:

No, make everyone Hans. Sideburns for all!

Showcase the true love story between Kristoff and Sven.

Make the shopkeeper a recurring character. Give him a catchphrase.

So just make him into the RE4 shopkeeper, even down to his "welcome stranger" catchphase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9l_XYNYczI

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

ruby idiot railed posted:

Just make it so Anya dies at the end like Eugene should have.

Yoo-hooo!

This is a very good point except I think Elsa-by-decapitation would be more poignant than Anna-by-freezing?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It has to be Anna by freezing, because it's important that the death also completely undermines the theme of the film.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Pick posted:

It has to be Anna by freezing, because it's important that the death also completely undermines the theme of the film.

How about Olaf-by-melting-and-not-being-brought-back?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pick posted:

Unless you think the theme of the film is "ice powers aren't bad" that isn't remotely true.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

LaughMyselfTo posted:

This is a very good point except I think Elsa-by-decapitation would be more poignant than Anna-by-freezing?

Just do both.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Anna turns into ice a few seconds earlier, doesn't make it in time to block the sword.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

gandlethorpe posted:

Anna turns into ice a few seconds earlier, doesn't make it in time to block the sword.

Olaf stares on in horror for a full minute and half, and then everything turns back to summer and he melts, same expression on his face.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Elsa's head falls and rolls next to the head of the frozen Anna, eyes facing each other.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Duke of Weselton takes the throne. The kingdom has never been more prosperous.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Lars von Triers' Frozen.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Steve2911 posted:

The Duke of Weselton takes the throne. The kingdom has never been more prosperous.

I think he should die too because Hans sees him as a rival.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I think he should die too because Hans sees him as a rival.

They should all die because marxism

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Hans takes over the kingdom, starts a sportsball team to prove to his brothers that he's worth something, dammit! The Arrendelle team is ragtag at first, especially when compared to the highly skilled but ill-mannered and arrogant team from the Southern Isles. Then there's a montage that's very similar to "Fixer-Upper," wherein the team learns how to play from the friendly trolls. Using these new techniques, the team surprises everyone by matching the Southern Isles team. When that one butler guy (the Arrendelle star player) gets injured from a cheap shot on the field, Hans has to step in and score the winning goal against the Southern Isles team, which is now composed entirely of his brothers. He wins, and they all go home together, a new respect for their little brother. The end.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

gandlethorpe posted:

Elsa's head falls and rolls next to the head of the frozen Anna, eyes facing each other.

Yo, this is so hosed up. Lol.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Elsa gets her head lopped off and Hans carries it around to freeze dissidents solid a la Perseus, thus earning him the title The Snow King. He is both loved and feared.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Das Boo posted:

Elsa gets her head lopped off and Hans carries it around to freeze dissidents solid a la Perseus, thus earning him the title The Snow King. He is both loved and feared.

...Until the citizens learn that love unfreezes people. Arrendelle becomes the world's largest orgy, thus defeating Hans forever. A happy ending for all!

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

HPanda posted:

...Until the citizens learn that love unfreezes people. Arrendelle becomes the world's largest orgy, thus defeating Hans forever. A happy ending for all!

Except Hans, that is.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Das Boo posted:

Oh god I would love this if Elsa's head was still alive after being beheaded. Basically being a vehicle for 'Compensating much?' jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Oh god I would love this if Elsa's head was still alive after being beheaded. Basically being a vehicle for 'Compensating much?' jokes.

After posts and posts of discussion on this concept, I think we finally have a decent premise for a Robot Chicken sketch.

• Locked thread