Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Argue posted:

I was bothered that Disney was billing it as a musical because I expected the movie to be the usual movie with five songs scattered about. I was very happy to find that there was a song every 5-10 minutes, and actually felt cheated when I realized that there were no more songs past the climax.

Really liked this movie a lot; certainly my favorite non-Pixar Disney film of the last decade, and I really hope Disney makes more of these. If I had one complaint (and it's a very very minor complaint) it was that it was way too haphazard how at the very end Elsa literally just says "oh of course, love", and everything is fixed. I mean, I get that she had just gone through a transformative moment beforehand but the way she instantly went from zero control to full control while saying that made it seem like she just flipped a love switch inside her.

:itisametaphor:

The movie is about a girl coming out of the closet, everyone rejecting her at first (and making her hate them and seek isolation), then they change their minds and she has to learn to love them back again. Great message. Similar to Paranorman, that running away and isolating yourself from others doesn't fix anything.

Also I looked at that hair gif like 20 times and can't see the clipping. Anything else happen after page 10?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE too.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

MikeJF posted:

Oh certainly. The quiet majority is okay, if a bit stunned, but it's drowned out by the vocal rear end in a top hat who makes you feel like poo poo.

It's implied that this is necessary for him to cure her, to get the ice out of her head. ~*~MAGIC~*~

Can't let her catch the gay.

I wonder what the movie would have been like if the villain wasn't moustache-twirling evil. Like what if he honestly thought he had to kill Elsa, but only once she admitted she couldn't stop the storm? And he tried to kiss Anna but it didn't work so he gets honestly angry at Elsa for killing her sister. It could still end the same way, with Anna's sacrifice, but then what? Would he learn to accept Elsa? Would Anna choose the reindeer guy anyway?

Also I always forget whether the code is 'spoiler' or 'spoilers', why can't we make both ways work? :911:

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 1, 2014

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I never fully loved the song anyway, it seems a bit over-sung in the movie to go with the melancholy feelings she's supposedly having. But yeah, just youtubed it and it's even more uneven than in the movie. Still, a pretty good movie considering the dev hell it went through.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Pick posted:

I think it's communicated well enough through her outfits. The costume designers for the film did an exceptional job.

Have costume designers for an animated film ever been nominated for an oscar? Or do they require tangible costumes for it?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Kraps posted:

Heh, wiki says he stepped down, partly because 43% of Disney's shareholders said he was poo poo.

He made a ton of money for the company though. They have their fingers in more pies than you can imagine.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

That seems really weak and cowardly to me. Instead of the more meaningful "hey, sometimes a guy can seem like Prince Charming but is just a manipulative shithead and not what they appear" it becomes "Hey, sometimes a guy seems like Prince Charming and actually is Prince Charming, but it doesn't really work out."

Well I think the latter situation is probably more likely for most girls irl and would also be a good message (not every guy is pure good/evil!). And not every movie needs a villain, I've seen some great ones without one.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

teagone posted:

Now you know about the show though. The Elsa cameo did its job by making you aware of it. Also, I did a Rule 34 Frozen search. gently caress you for that. :gonk:

You already knew what you'd find. Only yourself to blame.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Frankenstein is a Disney princess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Das Boo posted:

The villain in that film was illiteracy.

Always my favorite parts of those movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DULn6T93hsQ

edit: wtf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn5swOZ1EYk&t=465s

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 20, 2014

• Locked thread