Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

^ :respek:

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

When I was 7 I told everyone that I wanted a PS2 for Christmas. Grandma got me a NES game from the Christian bookstore. She tried :unsmith:
Sounds like Grandma did you a favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Quick question - is there actually such a thing as a good, fun wrestling game on the 360? The feminism thread managed to whet my appetite.
You want WWE All-Stars. Its a wrestling game designed like a fighter instead of trying to simulate REAL WRESTLING or whatever.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Shalinor posted:

I take it it isn't worth beating? I got to the point where I probably needed to move my base to some larger location, I began dealing with the hillbillies, etc. I think it wanted me to move on from the first big town, but then I put it down and kinda got bored of it in retrospect.
Don't worry about it, you pretty much played the game as intended. The story is horrible and the scripted missions are not fun at all. After you finish the tutorial you have full access to the sandbox and all its mechanics and that's the best part of SoD.

There's a reason people were so excited for the no-bullshit, no-story sandbox survival DLC.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

petewhitley posted:

I picked it up during this sale but haven't started it yet. Is it preferable to pick up the DLC and just start from there? Read a bit about if but I don't really understand what it adds (other than subtracting the story bits).
I'd say no, there's not really much of a tutorial but the first hour or so of the campaign at least tries to ease you into it. Its kind of a dense game that doesn't do a great job of explaining itself so every little bit helps. Its not like the DLC is on sale either, so no real rush.

The DLC randomizes the few things from the main game that were static and adds a new game+ kinda element with a rapidly escalating difficulty level. Honestly its what SoD should have been from the start.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MZ posted:

Nuts & Bolts was 5 years ago and Viva Pinata was 7 years ago :colbert: The Rare of today simply isn't the Rare of old :-(
Yes, and people have been saying the same thing for way longer than 7 years.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

owl_pellet posted:

Well does anyone have anything to say about Dark Souls 2 or what
Its Really Good. A good game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Starhawk64 posted:

What made you guys pick up a 360? For me, it was Raiden Fighters Aces.
Finally getting broadband and having a paycheck with nothing to spend it on.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Anyone playing titanfall? I hear its a solid port. I've been wanting to play it but not enough to buy an Xbone.
Its a good port, gameplay is identical and it looks as good as any 360 call of duty at least, framerate isn't as smooth though. Another quality Bluepoint Games joint.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

I can't say I've really paid much attention but judging from what I have seen and heard isn't Titanfall pretty much Generic Game #552?
Its a Call of Duty style game from the creators of Call of Duty, so yeah sure. It manages to be king of poo poo mountain, though.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Have you played it?
Yeah, its really really good. And this is coming from someone who never liked Call of Duty from 4 on.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I bought an Xbone, but I apparently cannot live without my 360 wanted to play Dragon's Dogma so I hooked it up again. I got the Dark Arisen version. I know when I stopped playing the original I put my character into New Game+ mode. I can access Bitterback Isle as soon as I get back to Gransys, right? I couldn't find anything about that on the game's wiki.
Yeah Bitterblack is available immediately, you just have to go to the end of the dock in Cassardis at night.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

That's why the best sports games are Bigs 2 for baseball, NFL Blitz for football, and Blades of Steel for hockey.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

It's mainly the disc drive not reading at all or showing the disc as unreadable (the HDD is like 25 gigs, which would be fine if BF3 wasn't taking up 17), so I suppose I could just have that replaced/repaired. The load times seen to be longer as well, but I think everyone thinks that after they've had a piece of technology for a while.

I also don't want to risk losing all my poo poo if it does break down. I don't know if age is a factor in itself, so I suppose I could have gotten one of the "good ones" way back when I bought it. Maybe I'll just put my saves on the cloud and make my Xbox as comfortable as possible.
If its just bad optics and the electronics are still okay, you can probably dump the drive key and replace the drive yourself for way cheaper than it'd cost to buy a new one or have MS fix it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know the name, but the reason it's required is because it's literally the ending. The game as released is not really complete.
That's a load of bullshit really and I wish people'd stop saying it. The disc ends conclusively, the DLC ending is supplemental. Its better, but its still supplemental.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

raditts posted:

Yeah, that's doing a lot for me too. It's still maddening when you can't pull a move off when you need to thanks to the poo poo d-pad though. Which of the third party gamepads are supposed to be the good ones? I'm willing to spend a little money for the sake of fighting games but not enough to buy a fightstick.
You can buy those Mad Catz Fightpads for like 20 or 30 bucks which are the next best thing to a stick. Has a nice big, smooth dpad and 6 face buttons. I hear the build quality on them kind of sucks though and they break after awhile if you use it hard.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I think I got one of those codes, PM me if you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Seymour Butts posted:

Which of the Need for Speed games are the best? For somereason, I want to go all fast and the furious. High level of customization is a must.
Most Wanted was real good.

• Locked thread