Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Ape Agitator posted:

Did they address the terrible UI in the Garage?

If you mean it not fitting on the screen correctly, that was patched a while back. Looking forward to tomorrow, just wish I had been able to get up to the AT-2 while the new players still didn't know how to deal with them when confronted head on, but then the Alecto doesn't have far to go before I can move up, so I might still get some fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Ah, the way the tech tree works hasn't changed I admit there are a few instances like the top option for the Panzer IV where I would prefer they used seperate parts instead of packages.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Ape Agitator posted:

Well, that's disappointing. Mix and match is a kind of simple thing and its not like it was super complex to have to manage the five or six components.

Is it clearer about the stats of the various things?

Stats are still expressed as bars on the main tank page, though you can see actual numbers for stuff like loading time and the like, but there's no way to check them side by side.

Still no new maps either, hope they do that soon, I'm starting to get worn down with the same few maps, plus the lack of a good city map for brawling tanks. I'm still looking forward to tomorrow though.

Anyone else getting WOT or already got it? I need some competent people to platoon with (says me on a 49% win rate).

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Which version of WOT?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Thirding the WOT love. My GT is Wraith108, don't tend to use a headset but I can dig it out and I can follow direction either way.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Driver San Francisco ain't bad for all of three quid, quite funny in places too.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm starting to tire a bit on WOT because of the low number of maps but it can be awesome when you're on a roll with competent teams, or just hilariously bad opposition. Finished The Darkness 2 story mode last night it's pretty good, just need to watch the second ending and do the vendetta missions now.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just noticed Witcher 2 is on sale for under £15, is it worth getting without knowing anything about the first game? I know it's pretty popular.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Are Dragon's Dogma and Remember Me any good? I played a bit of the DD demo, just the tutorial mission and had a fiddle with the character creator, and it seems okay. Only seen a bit of a Media Cows LP for Remember Me but I stopped because I found the guys doing commentary annoying.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Do the Crysis games require you to start at the first one to understand them or should I just grab 3 and be on my merry way?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So Deathstroke in Arkham Origins may be one of the most infuriating bosses I've seen in a while, even when I've restarted on easy. I think I just lack the patience since he's largely QTE based rather than using the free flow combat or predator mechanics, on that note, Mr Freeze in Arkham City is probably one of the more rewarding bosses I've played.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Chromehounds is done, it was near enough PvP only with a campaign that was a glorified tutorial and I'm 95% sure the servers are gone.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've seen Michael and Trevor explained as being two guys are really similar once you get past the surface, both are talented thieves, the difference is that Trevor is proud to have a marketable skill where as Michael is not.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Any recommendations from the current deals that are on XBL? I've got Ace Combat: Assault Horizons downloading now, kinda tempted by the Tekken Tag and Ridge Racer games.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Complete is getting every achievement, I only have one of the Fight Night games, it's also why I detest online achievements.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The new Deals Of The Week are up:

Alien Breed 1-3: £1.69, 50% off
Alien Hominid HD: 50% off. No price because I already downloaded it long ago but as an arcade title probably the same as Alien Breed
Aliens: Colonial Marines: £4.99, 75% off
Aliens Vs Predator: £4.79 68% off (I already have this, it's pretty cool)
Earth Defence Force 2025: £30.14, 33% off
Lost Planet 3: £6.79, 66% off
Star Trek: £4.94, 67% off.

I kinda fancy Earth Defence Force 2025 but not sure at that price.
Is Far Cry 3 any good for £20?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Sooooo..... is the game any good? That looks like a few glitches, the missles vanishing into the ground looks bad, but are they that noticable when you actually play.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
It's 2025 that's on DOTW.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just a pity the DLC for The Saboteur is no longer available, not that it added much of note.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I've been watching one of the Media Cows play throughs of watch_dogs and it seems pretty good, they've not mentioned anything about it being glitchy or otherwise acting weird. Though I've not got the game myself, gonna wait until I decide to grab a PS4.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
A nice car and some mini games.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The new GWG title, Dark Souls, is out. I have it downloading now.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Most achievements like that usually also grant it if you play/win against someone with the achievement.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The new DotW are out, honestly it doesn't look that great, Saints Row IV and Far Cry classic are worth getting IMO, I might get the new COD game as for all they're silliness the campaigns are usually pretty fun, other than that nothing really jumps out at me. Maybe the Ghost Recon game, wish it had a demo.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Is Rayman Legends actually good? I thought they had a rep for being fairly mediocre (but the I have just bought COD: Ghosts).

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
There's a new bunch of the £20/15/10/5 deals being advertised. SSX is looking reeeeally tempting, I enjoy the Tony Hawks and Skate games.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
The Orange Box is in the £15 group, not sure if Team Fortress 2 has much of a following these days but Half Life 2 and Portal are good.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm only seeing Forza, Resi Evil and Terraria in the DWG section. Are some deals regional?

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 11, 2014

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Are you taking on SR2 a gang at a time or doing them all together? I think people (me included) would recommend going Sons of Samedi, then The Ronin and finally The Brotherhood as it has a progressively darker storyline that way.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I love Forza Horizon, it's not all the way arcadey (you can't do a sharp turn at 90mph) but it can be set up to be a lot more forgiving than a sim.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Are Wolvenstein: The New Order and Watch_Dogs worth getting on 360 or are they totally Next Gen material? Anyone played Enemy Front? That seems kind of interesting too.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Little advice Re: the Sega sale, if you fancy a version of VF5 don't get Final Showdown, spend the extra couple of pennies on the other VF5 which actually has more content like an "arcade" mode where you go around town challenging different A.I. Players with tournaments and stuff.
Question also about the Sega sale, are Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns any good.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Vanquish is indeed pretty fun, not the most complex thing ever but still good. Think I may give Anarchy Reigns a miss though, the review I watched said it wasn't great.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
It's a puzzle game a bit similar to Black &White in that you directly control the elements, building or leveling lamd or adding water, rather than the people, though you do have some control pver them if I remember correctly.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Skyrim and Deus Ex are both dirt cheap too, I have both on PS3 but it's not working and I never played the Skyrim add ons so I'm tempted.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
How does it compare to the previous games, I liked them.

Anyone know what I need to download to get old Xbox titles to work on 360 now? I had Jade Empire, Psychnauts and Fahrenheit downladed from XBL, but now they don't work.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Ahh, I'm using a third party HDD because the original one was full. Though I did transfer stuff via the cable.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I was playing the Destiny beta earlier too. Very nice I thought, the guns are satisfying, the enemies admittedly are a bit generic gameplay wise but they look nice and there are some decent wrinkles like the Fallen captains teleporting a short distance away when they take a lot of damage. I liked the environments too, there seemed to be something happening all the time due to the shared world, I just wish there was more of the public events both in terms of frequency and variety, I saw 5 total, 1 walker tank, two satellites and two "kill this guy before he gets away" missions. My only gripe is the public beta was pretty short and the servers are still a bit unreliable.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I'm tempted by GTA:SA but I was one of the people that got completely stuck at the car hydraulics mini game and couldn't progress past it.

Are Assualt on Dark Athena and/or NeverDead worth getting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Cubey posted:

How does this happen :psyduck:

Buy it anyway though, it's less than $4 and all signs point to this price being time-limited with an eventual regular price of $15.

I just don't really do rhythm games well. I think it was actually, not common, but it was a thing that people struggled with that, not sure if it was a PS2 thing or just an uncoordinated player thing.

• Locked thread