Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Normally I'd pick Yuuko, because she sounds chill, but how :science: is Yuina?

Also, you had it coming by offering it: D) Shiori

Because I hated high school and so will you. (Are you able to do Shiori? Like how bullshit is it when you have the rest of the internet at your disposal?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Who would you say are the most interesting characters in this game, OP?
Yuina is a given, anyone else?

VV Fixed :downs:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 1, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

We're basically Sakamoto at this point

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

A.
Also Yuuko sounds cool.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah this blowing Shiori's route out of the water. Saki is more adorable than Shiori too.

Holy poo poo are those printer cables? The ones made before USBs became a thing? Man that takes me back.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ardeem posted:

That's a SCSI cable.

Right, that's what it is. Man I don't think there is any ports even half that size on a modern day computer.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

:stare:

What have we gotten ourselves into?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Real men dance and hold hands and poo poo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz0nBQyWOsA

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This is why I will never feel all that bad about delays in my LPs. No matter how long I take, it will never compare to the breaks in the Sakura Taisen LP. I'm glad it's around. It makes LPers feel better about delays due to busy schedules.

And come on you guys. You try to LP a game, translate and transcribe the text into English for every character! That poo poo takes work especially for a VN!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The problem is that the members of the counter-culture also had to grow up and face puberty. The social rejection coupled with societal frustration made them turn to something that would accept them, remind them of better days, make them seem necessary and gloss over their flaws. Why do you think most characters are naive, happy, wide-eyed girls? Because they are pretty much the most non-threatening character society can produce. This is also why many of these characters share physical traits with pets like cats and dogs.

Now it's true that while many counter-cultures have elements of sexuality in them, this one is much more directly related. So immediately you get into all sorts of messy issues; the sexualization and fetishization of underage girls, the unwillingness to confront their own issues by escaping into this fantasy land, the resultant misogyny that comes from this and so on.

I would guess this is why Otaku culture hates idols who have boyfriends and such. They remind them of their on issues and shatter the illusion they dragged themselves into. Though I will admit that I have no articles to back this up and am merely playing Internet Armchair Psychologist. So feel free to tell me that I'm talking out of my rear end.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

Haha a Midgar Zolom reference.

And man I'm starting to feel real bad for Hikari.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Mar 25, 2014

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Haha that improved tuna boomerang! And that bear exploded the same way Final Fantasy final bosses do. This is the best.

quote:

You know, when you said hardmode was date your teacher, I thought that actually sounded interesting. A high school student trying to win the heart of his teacher? Great drama potential! But nope. I can already see Shiori's traits in her.

quote:

:shepface: (where'd we get this emoticon anyway?)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

While P4 is indeed an improvement over P3 in almost every way, P4's bosses are a boring slog in comparison. Unless Golden fixed that? Is Power Charge + Hasou Tobi still the way to go for every boss?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Huh so they ARE two different people.
And I can't believe I missed BC2 stream! Dammit :argh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Otome game protags don't have that no-eye thing, do they?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Is...is it possible to Katsudon the bear?
And what are Kasumi's special abilities in a fight?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'd watch some more Bistro Cupid myself :shobon:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pick both. You dated them for long enough at this point.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Uh, so are they ever going to tell us why they were screwing with us for three years?

Also this.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

So what life simulators are out there that are good for those of us who don't speak Japanese?

Fading Hearts :unsmigghh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

John Lee posted:

Because, y'know, a character told you they had one motivation but they really had another.

Really? Was that the reason people were complaining about it? :laffo:

Not for...

...Y2K orphans? (yes, THAT Y2K)
...Your protagonist receiving daydreams that are :words: as gently caress? While having relatively little bearing on the plot?
...Your protagonist being some orphan super genius?
...Nobody telling you just how much time you should invest in companies to fix their issues?
...Reading manga in a maid cafe literally giving you magic?
...The abuse plotline that has all the subtlety of a nuclear detonation?
...Claire never shutting the gently caress up about Rina?

I have one more, but sadly it's a major spoiler. I REALLY want to post it as it is the most :allears: :allears: :allears: thing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hikari

Just to gently caress with y'all.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like how Akane takes the lead sometimes. It's a nice change from constantly being the guy to invite girls to places.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Orange :regd08: Sorry Sheep.

Although back up is Gray

I wanted to vote green, but nobody is gonna go for that. Shame, she sounds like she might be fun.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I want Orange to win because I want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes :magical:

Though on that note, Sheep which character would you say is the best representation of Tokimemo 3's problems?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Tokimemo 3 got pretty intense about an hour in. I didn't realize how quickly the action would ramp up and you'd have to be juggling bombs and dudes. It's hardcore.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Akane kinda took the lead on some dates. But I think it was mostly you who had to take the initiative.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yukiko: A BRIGHT RED CRAYON JUST FOR YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You know, despite how long we spent together with Serika, we don't kn lo w what her deal is. I mean it was the same thing with Miho/Maho but we still knew that they were into fortunetelling/fashion.

Chibi Serika is adorable though :3:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was poo poo. That was...ugh. :negative:
Goddamn gently caress this game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

Maybe we should all wait, then. You keep hyping this up, people are going to be disappointed if the game's author doesn't come over to vibratingsheep's house and dickslap him mid-stream. Plus, it's kind of annoying hearing people go OH THAT THING WAS AMAZING YOU KNOW THE THING WE'RE NOT GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT BUT IT WAS AN AMAZING THING YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

It's kind of the idea though.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Gently caress, I love that dinosaur skull :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ya know, if the first thing customers think when they enter your shop is "what a dump", calling them out on this does not make you seem wise or sharp-eyed.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually figured it out during the end dialogue scroll. The military ration, the bowie knife and the other other military stuff hinted this was going to happen. It is still extraordinarily retarded, Serika has never been shown to care much for her country or have any real reason to join the army, but we'll see if the event we missed clears this up.

I'm currently banking on the fact that this is Seikano, where Serika is a human weapon who protects the only peaceful slice of land from an encroaching war.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I can honestly say I did not expect that.

This does a lot to redeem the game for me, not gonna lie. Sheep, I know this must have sucked, but it was really, really worth it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Whoah, whoah, whoah hold the phone! We can date Gai? Well forget about the other chumps then! GaoGaiGar is just the best.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Maybe it's because my Dread is still Burning, but this is pretty bland compared to the other tokimemos. I wasn't too taken with our candidates here either.
Is GS2 better?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah Homura's scenes have been pretty great. I can see why people like this series.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Romance!

Apply the skills you have gained in games into real life.

post trip report in e/n after.

But for real, I hope everything goes well for your sister, dude.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Raitzeno posted:

I can already see the ending. It says, 'Nice Boat'.

Omedetou Omedetou Omedetou Omedetou Omedetou Omedetou Omedetou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Catalina posted:

Darn! I got the email but was like, "I haven't heard of Shining Resonance. Guess I should just go to bed..." It was clearly the wrong choice.

That outfit is funny, I keep seeing a clarinet in the part of the pole just before the Megalance.

Half of the lance is a clarinet as well. Weird loving design.

• Locked thread