Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
61mb patch for unstable. :frogsiren:

Not the same patch as yesterday.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Ahundredbux posted:

Making signs with scrolling naughty words to paste on my ships walls

Make a scrolling dickbutt.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
There has most definitely been a wipe.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
After the unstable patch yesterday I rolled a new character and my starting planet had an Apex lab with 3 tech cards in it. :smug:

I just wiped to move to stable and find the update isn't live yet. :smith:

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Turtlicious posted:

Just give yourself the tech cards.

I'm going to wait until the patch hits and just reroll.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So who's eating crow right now?

I know I ain't.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Catts posted:

So is the stable actually uploaded on steam yet? My client still says "Starbound - Beta" :v:

You have to switch it back.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

TheSpookyDanger posted:

how do you get to the dungeon? the only quest i got at the station was some lame bullshit to collect bugs.

Collect the bugs, do the quests that follow.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Most of the progression quests are currently placeholders, and before you start screaming about how it's stupid keep in mind that before to progress you had long grind of mining ore and killing a handful of bosses the exact same way followed by more ore grinding. You also can avoid a lot of mining now by just jumping around planets, Lush ones tend to have at least one surface-accessible mining camp with plenty of ore in the crates.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Lizard Wizard posted:

Does the Penguin Bay shop at the outpost work for anyone?

The shop is locked initially, you must complete a quest to unlock it.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

TheSpookyDanger posted:

this is nice. is oil found on desert planets or am i missing it as a crafting item?

It is in tar biomes on desert planets, and you need to upgrade your MM to harvest it, first with 10 copper bars and then 10 silver.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Turtlicious posted:

You really should upgrade your MM all the way you can, because it get's ballin' as gently caress in the later tiers.

If empty quoting was allowed I would empty quote the gently caress out of this.

One might be tempted to use the gold they've found whilst digging for core fragments to make gold picks, do not do this, you will need 10x gold bars (and 10x titanium) to do the next upgrade.

E: Are bookmarks for the teleporter in this build?

EE: The water on desert planets is not normal water but confers a healing effect if you are standing in it, you can also bottle it as a poor man's healing potion.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 29, 2015

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
^ I dunno if guns are still as gimped as they were a couple of unstable patches ago as I haven't tried them since then but melee combat is loving sweet now.

THE loving MOON posted:

I made some pretty decent progress, I've gotten as far as needing to make steel so I guess I'm just gonna leave it there tonight. Not really sure what I think yet, but so far the progression does seem to be better. Can you still plant farms on your ship? I tried doing that to make coffee earlier, but it didn't seem to work. Does it just need enough space?

Coffee plants are tall and need 4 blocks of vertical and 2 blocks horizontal space, with ship upgrades and the ability to teleport to your home planet regardless of where you are there is little point to doing a compact farm/crafting build on your initial ship but farming on ship still works. You may find life easier initially if you build a small fort for farming/crafting on your home planet, as you can eventually just park your ship anywhere in system and still be able to get back to it while saving room.

To everyone else: If you don't want to hunt around for coffee seeds try a forest planet, they should be around, otherwise you can buy the seeds for like 10px at Terramart in the outpost.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 29, 2015

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

I thought it was frowned upon these days.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Lizard Wizard posted:

Glad to see a lot of people agree with me on cavegen being lacking. Until they fix that, the game's just going to be boring.

My spawn world has solid caves, just found a large vein of platinum right near where I reached core fragments and I'm swimming in the other ores. Probably some about a hour of exploring and digging. Not many chests and no dungeons though.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You can still share coords across games, at least you could in unstable.

Shields are your friend, until you neglect to notice your last shield has 10 shield health left right as you enter a hostile dungeon. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Starbound: Winter Update is Egregious

• Locked thread