Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Man when did this become the Gundam general? The first update hasn't even been posted yet guys, at least wait until the story's started before you unleash the Gundam :spergin: floodgates on a crowd that is either a) completely unfamiliar with Gundam b) probably watched Wing/G and maybe a couple scattered UC shows.

Also for show recommendations, Gundam Build Fighters is currently airing and it is awesome. It's being streamed on GundamInfo's youtube channel with translations too so no excuse for not watching!

Doubling up on this. My honest opinion is if you want to watch any Gundam show post Turn A, watch Build Fighters. SEED is devisive at best and worse with destiny, 00 is only really good in season 1 (though I like the 00 raiser), AGE is a crime against nature. Build Fighters is a fun show all around and I recommend it to anyone whether they like Gundam or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Ethiser posted:

I'm waiting for the Build Fighters Ghiren's Greed game where you choose which faction leader will lead your hobby shop and have to compete against the others for the largest market share. You choose model builders to sponsor and them doing well brings you fame.

I am stealing this for a board game idea. And I am sorry for that.

Bring on the greed tho! I'm totally waiting to see how it plays so I can try it for myself without feeling incompetent.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tobias Grant posted:

I'm pretty sure that you still get the resources for it while it's under attack.

This is correct. The 'owner' of a province doesn't change unless the attacker wins, and it doesn't halt any money or resources gained. It does however prevent pretty much every other use on the strategic map (reinforce, movement, construction etc.)

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tobias Grant posted:

Eh, considering that getting the goufs that way would take a few more turns than just rushing the Prototype, I feel like I made the right choice.

And the prototype isn't really a waste of money either. Its expensive but you do get a decent mobile suit out of the process.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Meaty Ore posted:

He didn't drop it on Earth, it isn't a nuclear weapon, and if I recall correctly it was an unoccupied colony so he didn't have to gas anybody to get hold of it. Fair's fair. :colbert:

Also the federation totally started it with the solar ray system.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Tobias Grant posted:

Yeah, I will admit that I've been kind of drawing this out in an attempt to try and show off as much of the Zeon stuff as possible. But there is another reason that I've been delaying this out as much as I can.

In all of my Zeon playthroughs, whenever the Federation has only five bases left, it will go into Hyper Bullshit Mode and start endlessly cranking out their best units. The only way that I've been able to get past that particular roadblock is by invading as many of their bases as possible before they can start making GBS threads out Gundams and GMs by the truckload.

Needless to say, it would be suicide for me to activate HBM at this point.

I can, however, try and invade Jaburo itself with the Jaburo Assault suits once they're all finished (There's still one suit left to develop). So if you'd rather I end the scenario earlier, I can do that instead of dragging this out any longer than it needs to.

Zeon does the same thing when playing through as the federation, but it makes slightly more sense going that way. The intent of HBM (love that btw) is to make the end of the game dramatic. To take my federation game for example, I had been keeping Zeon at parity for most of the game, had cleaned up all of earth and had them pinned into their corner. At this point they began producing 20-30 high tier units every turn.

The intent is to make the end game battles impressive. You're fighting Zeon at A Baoa Qu with all their remaining strength rather than fighting them in space zone 8 where you kill the remains of their forces and push over their last two bases more or less unopposed. It annoyed the poo poo out of me the first time I played but it makes a little more sense when viewed through that lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, I agree. It averts the sort of thing you see in a lot of games like Total War, where you get to the late game and have a bunch of high-tier units that barely get to strut their stuff because by then you've either lost or reduced your enemies to poverty stricken, tiny militias.

That is a really good way to put it, yeah. By the time I was seiging A baoa qu I was doing so with over 120 capital ships and mobile suits, and it really felt like an appropriate finale to the game instead of walking through the last 5-10 Zaku's that they didn't send forward. This is especially important in this game since bases cannot be taken without the appropriate capture of other locations. I could easily see a situation at endgame where Zeon could be reduced to perhaps 20 units total while your entire poo poo stomping force walks all over them. To say nothing of the fact that by that point you'd be outproducing them as well.

• Locked thread