Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Haha, wow, I've always wanted to play this game!

Go with the Federation; it's junta-licious!

I'd like to suggest some kind of stupid alt-history challenge, but I don't know enough about the game.
Haha, win so hard the Titans are never formed? Win so fast you're fighting the Six-Month War :smuggo:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Haha, so much for one thirtieth the support of the Federation.

Looking forward to the LP.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Personally I preferred Viking Gundam, with boat and heat oars :black101::colbert:

Gundam 0083 is my favorite series, had some really great production values, nuclear weapons and meth, and I happened to really like the story, but it does assume some familiarity with the setting. They give you a tiny bit of flashbacks as to why everyone is doing what they do, but...
It's also relatively short, a dozen episodes.
Is there a 0083 scenario, or just units?I imagine the highly asymmetrical, uh, localized scale of the conflict in that might make it hard to setup. Plus are they actually going to let players do that in a Japanese game?

Great, now I'm really wishing Bandai still streamed Gundam through Crunchyroll.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Something about Cima's fleet, mostly the open sleeveless uniforms everyone wore, put me in mind of Chippendales, or Siegfried and Roy.

Speaking of Cima, is she one of our starting characters/do we recruit her? Has she already done, uh, her warcrimes thing before the first scenario? Can the Federation recruit her?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Okay, tank-talk is reminding me of Zeonic Front.
Tanks are powerful; you attack head on, they wipe out half your squad.
And helicopters were complete murderous bullshit flying around and massacring your entire company.
They were more dangerous than the Federation MS, as I recall.

Patter Song posted:

Having not played this game, I hope there's a way to take out the RX-78-2 and its boy pilot when we first encounter it so it doesn't cut a wide swathe through our ranks.
Equip Char's team with G3 Gas/send Cima?

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 15, 2013

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Personally, I always loved trolling the poo poo out of people with the Ball in the more arcade style games.
Even if it's weak, it's got decent dodging, great range, constant interrupts, and if you gently caress up, it is usually the 'mobile suit' with the most extra lives, so it was great for griefing my enemies into firey doom.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

You don't get additional Ace Custom units if you transfer the ace to a different mobile suit, do you? Either the same or a different model mobile suit?

I jist find the idea of Char Aznable, the Red Greaser being more useful than a pilot to be funny.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

LordGugs, don't you mean Daikun's two children.

I've never really been able to see much of a family resemblence between any members of the Zabi family.
Especially Dozle, he doesn't even look human, though these pictures of him are relatively flattering. Maybe he takes after his mother? What did Mrs Zabi look like?

Edit; And even here, his fist is bigger than Garma's head.

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 18, 2013

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

To be fair, Char Aznable sounds like a made up name, too. Because it is.

I know in a couple of the action games, you could end up with Char fighting Quattro. I think in one it was a glitch, and in the other the combat chat would be all "WTF, time paradox!":ocelot:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is One Year War...

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Wait, they're not supposed to be hillbilly fighter aces?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

YES
I want to see the entire crazy tech tree!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

No
Wasn't the White Base canonically a giant distraction, so the Federation could get their GM factories online?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

You lose alignment because Char won't stop complaing about you saying no, and he's famous enough people will listen to him.

Hey, is the player character supposed to be anyone in particular? I mean, here Dozle is asking you for advice.
Is there a canon player character?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Khisanth Magus posted:

You are playing the leader of your faction. So we are space-Hitler.

Does anything happen if you get Gihren blowed up in a fight?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Gihren's not exactly going to open up to anyone; when you're the big boss, you're always 'on', and you have no friends. About the only time I could possibly see him ever opening up to anyone is maybe pillow talk with the secretary or more likely, staring down the barrel of Kyscillia's gun.
I think...I think the only way you're going to get a good spin on Gihren is if you make him incredibly bitter.

Like, "gently caress you, you can't judge me! You knew drat well what lay down this road when we stepped on it!" Or "You didn't complain when you got to be Admiral." Or something about "Father might whine about morality in his dotatage, but-" :commissar:

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

So what you're saying is that G Gundam is the alternate timeline where the Federation acquiesced to Zeon Daikun's plans and they had to make use of these Mobile Suits somehow...

Haha, yeah, and when I say 'make Gihren sound sympathetic' it's in less of a "glorius space samurai" way and more of a "you should have just walked away" SpecOps: the Line :supaburn: kind of way.

I don't know, it's just that if want to drag out the WWII theme, everything gets pinned on Gihren and there aren't any trials. He didn't act alone, and, well, Operation Stardust. The Titans are just capitalizing on the existence of an actual problem.
Mind you, a One Year War Crimes Tribunal would be a fascinating anime, even without any giant robot fights. Is it still Gundam if it's all courtroom drama?
Or would make for an interesting scenario for Giant Allege, if you wanted the lawyers to suit up and duke it out..

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Scirocco is the best :allears:
I don't like him at all, but giving my cousin the plot synopsis was hilarious;
:raise: "So you're telling me halfway into the show, they bring in a mad scientist from Jupiter named Paptimus Scirocco?"
:pseudo: "A psychic mad scientist."

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Meaty Ore posted:

He didn't drop it on Earth, it isn't a nuclear weapon, and if I recall correctly it was an unoccupied colony so he didn't have to gas anybody to get hold of it. Fair's fair. :colbert:
No, he just had to announce that he was starting up superweapon development there and suddenly everyone just packed up and left.
See, Gihren's thinking ahead; gas the first two few colonies so that next time you don't have to.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

The Doms are to lull the enemy into a false sense of security. :ssh:

Be glad he didn't ask for a Dom and a bunch of grenades.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

0083 was my favorite.

When you get Kou Uraki, can you feed him meth to change his stats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

No bioweapons
Gyan as a stepping stone to a vigorous program of mech-jousting.

• Locked thread