Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

*lives in a post-scarcity future society where nobody has to work to survive*

*works anyway and complains about it constantly*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

season one is not representative of the series as a whole. the writers were still stuck in their TNG mentality and you get a lot of lovely alien/planet/anomaly of the week episodes. the series doesn't really hit it's stride until terry farrell dies.

that's like the last season

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

NecroBob posted:

itt im in the bedroom banging keiko

crazy energy being? doesnt matter, banging keiko.

sucked into a black hole? doesnt matter, banging keiko.

ship about to explode? doesnt matter, banging keiko.

keiko got turned into a 12 year old? doesnt matter, b- OH poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Entropic posted:

O'Brien was the only NCO in all of starfleet.

Actually, there are no NCOs in starfleet, "Chief" was just his nickname and he was good at fixing the transporter so they gave him a crappy uniform and went with it.

Maybe O'Brien was just the only person dumb enough to have never gone to free college in post-scarcity future society.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I liked the ending when Sisko went super saiyan anf fought gul dukat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Costello Jello posted:

Does he really hate NCOs? I guess it makes sense though, since I can't think of a single NCO in the history of Star Trek except O'Brien.

I'm pretty sure it was actually Ron Moore who hates NCOs for whatever reason, considering how much Tyrol got shat on in BSG.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Treguna Mekoides posted:

(Edit: Was Keiko really that terrible? Keiko just struck me like the normal, fed-up spouse on a sci-fi ship/station, and I would be too if all that dumb poo poo happened every single week. Keiko can be brusque, but she genuinely adores Miles and fights to help him whenever she can. She truly values him and their kids. I guess a happy marriage ain't funny or interesting to anyone but me. :sigh: )

There was an episode where they were taking care of a Cardassian kid, who had been raised on Bajor by Bajorans and taught to hate literally everything Cardassian.

For dinner she made replicated him some Cardassian soup.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The General posted:

Who is more racist? Kirk or O'Brien?
Edit: Are there any contenders at all for more racist character?

Did you mean to type Kira isnstead of Kirk

cause Kira was hella racist

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Police Automaton posted:

I gotta try DS9 sometime. I really don't remember stuff being as campy and the acting as hammy as it was in the episodes I watched. I just watched that episode where Geordi meets that woman who designed the enterprises drive or something he had a crush on and wow was it cringeworthy. Somehow I still enjoy it though. I'm pretty sick of all the grimdark and realism stuff these days.

The first season starts out really rough around the edges because they're just trying to be TNG on a space station, with lots of technobabble-problem-of-the-week episodes, and also because they're still suffering from Gene's dumb vision of a utopian future where humans all have perfect uniform rods in their asses, the same thing that plagued TNG. But then the last two episodes of the season are really good, and the next season opens with an incredible three-parter that builds on the first season finale. It's like an entirely different series almost.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You say I'm chief of operations of this station in your universe, and I'm married and have a beautiful little girl? Cor, that must be paradise compared to this never ending world of despair and torment, take me with you!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh hey O'Brien, I know you've been kidnapped and extradited to Cardassia to be tried and executed for an unknown crime in an insanely cruel justice system, and I guess we could do something on the diplomatic front to get you out of there, but ehhhhhh let's see how this plays out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

GODDAMNIT WE HAVE A SCENE TO SHOOT!

prettyy sure this is the first (only?) time anyone ever got actually drunk on stra trek and not have it eb a space virus or some dumb poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dexters Secret posted:

how the gently caress is this not goldmined yet

nothing good can ever happen to obrien

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

That should have been an episode.

Holosuite malfunction that locks them in, disengages the safety protocols and replaces Santa Anna with Gul Dukat, maybe.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Neurosis posted:

i thought kira looked pretty fuckable

but then again i have a thing for chicks with short red hair and daddy issues

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know they were scraping the bottom of the barrel when they had loving mirror Bareil.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He can't get promoted, he's already the highest ranking NCO in Starfleet.

Which means that he still has to call Nog "sir".

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

numberoneposter posted:

gently caress [_]
MARRY [_]
KILL [X]

gently caress [X]
MARRY [_]
KILL [_]

gently caress [_]
MARRY [X]
KILL [_]

Where's the "impregnate via transporter malfunction" option?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blistex posted:

Troi's telepathy has seen right through all this.

"Captain, I'm sensing a lot of anger from Chief O'Brien..."

• Locked thread