Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
my favorite ds9 episode is the one where miles is convinced everyone on the station has fallen under some sort of alien influence because of how strange they've been acting, ends up mounting an amazing escape and heading to some sort of diplomatic meeting starfleet is supposed to be attending

then he sees himself there and gets shot, turns out this miles was some sort of clone or whatever and he's exactly like miles except he's pre-programmed to murder someone at a certain time, and with his dying breath he's like 'take care of [our wife]' to his real counterpart and it was really loving sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
i, miles o'brien, am very concerned about being in a location that is populated only by versions of myself

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
hey guys remember that episode where miles got put in a brain prison for criminals that seemed to be pre-programmed to turn him into a murderer?

that didn't make any loving sense

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

i bet obrien was pissed when the wormhole aliens deus ex machina'd the whole fleet of 1000+ ships and saved ds9. man cant even die in a blaze of glory

he has a child to raise you know

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Neurosis posted:

Do you ever wonder if Bajoran vaginas are the same as human vaginas? Like Kira was pretty hot but what if there was some Nyarlathotep poo poo going on down there.

well there was a TNG episode where the TNG crew discovered there was an ancient human-like alien race that masturbated all over the galaxy and that's why all the races in the galaxy are so human-like

kind of surprised they never brought it up again considering how important that discovery was, i mean they kept bringing up that warp speed limit after that episode where it turns out their warp engines were raping the galaxy (although it looks like they found a workaround later)

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Fandyien posted:

they were only loving up like one part of the galaxy i thought

it was killing some dipshit race with a silly forehead but nobody in starfleet cared probably

really? I remember it affecting the whole galaxy in general and then for a while they only went up to warp 4 for anything but emergencies

then later they got new warp engines i guess

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Neurosis posted:

Do you ever wonder if Bajoran vaginas are the same as human vaginas? Like Kira was pretty hot but what if there was some Nyarlathotep poo poo going on down there.

their vaginas are ribbed for your pleasure

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Neurosis posted:

This whole video hurts me. I hate my wife, I hate Starfleet, I hate Bajorans, I hate Cardies, I hate engineering.

you forgot kayaking

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Neurosis posted:

Can you please tell me what your avatar is? I have been horrified by it for years.

an alien obviously

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

duck monster posted:

Kira is pregnant with my child, but I am yet to gently caress her? :suicide:

this happens in real life too you dumbass

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

O'Brien distinguished himself in two wars, served on the federation's flagship and saved the galaxy countless times and he's basically DS9's janitor.

lol

well nobody in the Federation gets paid, they just do what they like doing

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

I still don't understand what they do with quark doing a brisk trade in everything, do they ever get around to taxing his rear end?

they address this in the show, basically the administration is really lenient with Quark because his bar is really healthy for the station's overall atmosphere

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Vernii posted:

Or perhaps O'Brien is just a masochist who enjoys having everything always going wrong.

this is the life of an engineer

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Before this thread came along I never really realized just how often Miles dislocated his shoulder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Costello Jello posted:

I have a friend whose shoulder used to pop out at the drop of a hat. ...She never has problems now, due to 21st century surgery.

If only they had access to such advanced procedures in Star Trek.

• Locked thread