Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Archer, everyone's favorite drunk, womanizing, autistic super-spy is back for season 5!

Lets get the important stuff out of the way: :siren:Season 5 premiere is on Monday, Jan 13th 10PM EST, 9PM CST on FX:siren:

Other Important Things™

Season 5 is slated to be a radical departure from previous seasons: http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2014/01/archer-season-5-matt-thompson-interview/

I havent read much about this since I dont generally read Archer spoilers and prefer my artisanal hand crafted cartoons as untainted by public opinion as possible.

You can also get your hair cut, presumably by and/or like Archer in Manhattan in a truck. Go for it if you live there, please

Looking for your Archer fix before the season starts?

How about Archer: Top Gun? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7HkG6OSo3E
Or maybe nudes posted to /r/gonewild? http://imgur.com/a/kq4hz

On to the show!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just to confirm, this is on FX and not FXX right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

swickles posted:

Correct.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

swickles posted:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Lets get the important stuff out of the way: :siren:Season 5 premiere is on Monday, Jan 13th 10PM EST, 9PM CST on FX:siren:

C'mon buddy its like the third line.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Im so excited

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Still wanna see a top gun remake done with Archer.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I'm hoping we see more of the show's best new characters: Ron Cadillac and Kazak!

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

C'mon buddy its like the third line.

By "just to confirm" he pretty clearly meant "it says so in the OP but FX stupidly decided to move like 90% of their good shows to FXX so we're still positive this is on FX right?".

No need to get sassy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

amaranthine posted:

By "just to confirm" he pretty clearly meant "it says so in the OP but FX stupidly decided to move like 90% of their good shows to FXX so we're still positive this is on FX right?".

No need to get sassy.

Yeah, pretty much this. My cable company doesn't carry FXX so its super annoying to watch The League.

Also, I hope instead of having the vague cold war/1960's style they go full on vague 1980's feel.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
I think Archer's mainstream popularity is too great for it to be on FXX, compared to shows like an aging Sunny, The League, & Legit.

Of course, with this radical change, I hope that popularity holds up.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

That vice city poo poo in the OP is loving awesome

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

smashpro1 posted:

I'm hoping we see more of the show's best new characters: Ron Cadillac and Kazak!

Yeah Ron is the best character added since the first episode and needs to be in more episodes. I'm so pumped after waiting this long and anticipating new Archer ever since the break. This is how you make people pumped for a new season without using lovely cliffhangers: make the show loving awesome.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

A MIRACLE posted:

That vice city poo poo in the OP is loving awesome

Read an article about the reboot and I thought, being spy\spy agency was such a periphery issue they used to frame the characters, I didn't really think it that big a deal they are abandoning it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
So all this new stuff happening that's getting people excited and causing lots of black bar conversations - will it become apparent from episode one and safe to go back and read those black bars? Or is it better to just forget they exist in perpetuity and enjoy the season as it unfolds?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

tsob posted:

So all this new stuff happening that's getting people excited and causing lots of black bar conversations - will it become apparent from episode one and safe to go back and read those black bars? Or is it better to just forget they exist in perpetuity and enjoy the season as it unfolds?

As far as we know, yes, pretty much all the black bar conversations right now will be safe to read after the first episode. Maybe the second, at most.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Reporting this from the last page, but the How to Archer is apparently on sale in Ebook form.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004FEF6RY/ref%3Dnosim/water70e-20

It's worth it at full price, let alone on sale. warning: book may actually not contain cobras

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

RandallODim posted:

As far as we know, yes, pretty much all the black bar conversations right now will be safe to read after the first episode. Maybe the second, at most.

If everything in the [spoilers] doesn't happen or get set up in the first five minutes of the first episode I'll be surprised.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

Reporting this from the last page, but the How to Archer is apparently on sale in Ebook form.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004FEF6RY/ref%3Dnosim/water70e-20

It's worth it at full price, let alone on sale. warning: book may actually not contain cobras

I bought the paperback when it came out, and was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a pretty funny book! Definitely worth a purchase.

The Parks and Rec book is too, if anyone cares. Both are super solid.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Raskolnikov38 posted:

If everything in the [spoilers] doesn't happen or get set up in the first five minutes of the first episode I'll be surprised.

Well, the entire first episode is apparently dedicated to ISIS's shutdown, with the coke selling plot only being set-up at the end, so it'll be at least an episode.

Man, I am so ready for Archer to be back.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
How much would a ton of cocaine bring in anyway? I know a shitload. I'm asking for a friend.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
Roughly $27 million.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am sure we will see more of Ron Cadillac since the voice actor is pretty easy to get.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I work like a couple blocks from where the truck was today, on Madison and 24th. Was far too busy to get anything from it, but my friend got a shoeshine there and gave me a free keychain that also happens to be a bottle opener. This show is doing good charitable work for people.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Although I think Season 4 was a step back, my hopes are still high for this season. The main problem I had with last season was that the side characters (Krieger, Pam, Cheryl et al) became side characters again, but with the change in the format I'm gonna bet that we'll be seeing a lot more of all of them. I looked ahead on my cable guide and the episode description caught my eye: Someone who has been with ISIS since the beginning dies. They're coming strong out of the gate.

Jonny Angel posted:

I work like a couple blocks from where the truck was today, on Madison and 24th. Was far too busy to get anything from it, but my friend got a shoeshine there and gave me a free keychain that also happens to be a bottle opener. This show is doing good charitable work for people.
I didn't know there was an Archer truck that gave away free stuff, let alone the fact that it was in Manhattan. I would have walked there if necessary.

OmegaBR posted:

I think Archer's mainstream popularity is too great for it to be on FXX, compared to shows like an aging Sunny, The League, & Legit.
I hear that Legit is coming back in February but I don't know what the day, time, and what day of the week it'll be on. I hope it does well enough without the bump it got from Archer.

Johnnie5
Oct 18, 2004
A Very Happy Robot
Does anybody know if this will be available on any of the streaming services? I binged this show last year on Netflix, but they don't have season 4 anymore. :(

CalumPanala
Jan 10, 2014
FX does appear to stream full episodes of their shows once they have aired, but it looks like you need to have an account with a participating cable provider to view them. Hulu says they wont be streaming any episodes, and I'm sure netflix wont have them until long after season 5 has aired.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

Although I think Season 4 was a step back, my hopes are still high for this season. The main problem I had with last season was that the side characters (Krieger, Pam, Cheryl et al) became side characters again, but with the change in the format I'm gonna bet that we'll be seeing a lot more of all of them. I looked ahead on my cable guide and the episode description caught my eye: Someone who has been with ISIS since the beginning dies. They're coming strong out of the gate.

That's troubling to me because I've been trying to wrap my head around on how Cyril would be okay with any of this. He's put up with some serious poo poo from these people, but I don't think he would do any of this unless he was being held at gunpoint the whole time.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Y-Hat posted:

I looked ahead on my cable guide and the episode description caught my eye: Someone who has been with ISIS since the beginning dies. They're coming strong out of the gate.

I bet Brett finally takes one to the head.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Y-Hat posted:

I'll bet :10bux: it's Woodhouse.

IUG posted:

That's troubling to me because I've been trying to wrap my head around on how Cyril would be okay with any of this. He's put up with some serious poo poo from these people, but I don't think he would do any of this unless he was being held at gunpoint the whole time.

The end goal of getting grotesquely rich can motivate people to do a lot of things. I'm wondering more how they're gonna bring Lana around on it.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Johnnie5 posted:

Does anybody know if this will be available on any of the streaming services? I binged this show last year on Netflix, but they don't have season 4 anymore. :(

Season 4 was never on netflix. Hell, the blu-ray didn't come out until earlier this week.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

BreakAtmo posted:

I bet Brett finally takes one to the head.

this is my bet

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Johnnie5 posted:

I subscribe to the TV pass on Amazon. It's like 2.85 a week for HD, and you get to keep the episodes for good. It's a really good deal if you don't want to get a cable package for one show.

Soundtrack To Mary
Nov 12, 2007

ZOMBY WOOF

xxEightxx posted:

Read an article about the reboot and I thought, being spy\spy agency was such a periphery issue they used to frame the characters, I didn't really think it that big a deal they are abandoning it.

Son of a bitch, WHY DID I READ THAT?? :gonk:

Johnnie5
Oct 18, 2004
A Very Happy Robot

CalumPanala posted:

FX does appear to stream full episodes of their shows once they have aired, but it looks like you need to have an account with a participating cable provider to view them. Hulu says they wont be streaming any episodes, and I'm sure netflix wont have them until long after season 5 has aired.

Thanks. For some reason I never manage to get my account verified for those things. Maybe the wife will be up for it.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I subscribe to the TV pass on Amazon. It's like 2.85 a week for HD, and you get to keep the episodes for good. It's a really good deal if you don't want to get a cable package for one show.

Maybe I'll cut Hulu for that. I can only subscribe to so many things!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Soundtrack To Mary posted:

Son of a bitch, WHY DID I READ THAT?? :gonk:

It's not really a true spoiler, it's been in the news. I don't think much was lost with it.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

swickles posted:

Yeah, pretty much this. My cable company doesn't carry FXX so its super annoying to watch The League.

Also, I hope instead of having the vague cold war/1960's style they go full on vague 1980's feel.

If it helps, I thought all but two or three episodes of The League last season were straight-up garbage.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah the league has really been heading downhill. I only liked the racist piano episode.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
Just found Cookery with Archer on Youtube, and it mentions that How To Archer was a NYT Bestseller. You'd think it a joke, but nope, there it is in spot #15 for one week.

:psyduck:

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Fried Chicken posted:

this is my bet

Nah, they need someone around to regularly get shot up by rival cartels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

coffeetable posted:

Just found Cookery with Archer on Youtube, and it mentions that How To Archer was a NYT Bestseller. You'd think it a joke, but nope, there it is in spot #15 for one week.

:psyduck:

If Harper Collins allowed a chapter about Cobras it would have been higher! :argh:

• Locked thread