Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:
Streaming some Surgeon Simulator 2013, just picked it up and I have never played before.

edit: being a doctor sucks, stream over

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

IRC poo poo for twitch

The Good
-Fixes almost every issue with chat (ie. not loading or not displaying messages)
-Because its IRC you get useful features like timestamps and join/leave notifications
-If you are a real nerd you already have a IRC client installed and running almost 24/7
-You can use commands like .ban Name, or .timeout Name Time
-Big IRC clients like MIRC have quite a few plugins for it
-Customizable background and text colors, font, and pretty much everything else, because of this, it is way nicer for chat overlays too
-You can join multiple channels at once if needed

The Bad
-You have to set up an Oauth token, a big nasty string that you wont remember
-As far as I know of, there is no way to have the same username colors in IRC as on twitch
-No emotes(might be a pro for some)
-Harder to setup and use then in browser chat

Recommend Clients if you have no idea what you are doing
-MIRC (super common/popular on windows, but wants you to buy it at start up every time)
-HexChat (open source and will run on anything)
-XChat (A bit old and has basically been remade into Hex Chat)

They have made things quite easy to set up now. Twitch has set up a pretty good guide. Basicly you just point the server at irc.twitch.tv:6667 and log in with your username and oauth key, and join any channel like any IRC channel. Feel free to ask any questions if you can't get it set up, random issue pop up from time to time.

One more thing:
I have been coding a IRC client for twitch on and off for the last few months. It still doesn't have a lot of features fleshed out, but it does fix some issues I have with IRC: Username colors and emotes. I have a github repository set up here, but click here for just the installer. Please note this will only work on windows unless you set it up to compile with mono or something.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Just stream path of exile, which has a built in twitch chat feature.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Sims 3, going to be making a house based off the twilight cast.

edit: stream over

Vifs fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 26, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Sims 3, doing more Twihouse stuff.

edit: Doing goon house now.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 27, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Polsy posted:

Go ahead and request to be added (or removed) if you want, I just picked the most frequent posters from the thread to test. Or, make general suggestions.

If I knew this was how you were going to do things I could have saved you a lot of trouble, I already had something like this for my website, just it didn't work for hitbox or display offline people. And sense it was a get request on my website it would have been pretty easy to wrap some html/css around it.

Edit: Toddy, there is a post somewhere in the old thread where I made a list of OBS vs XSplit, its a little outdated, but it should help you in the right direction.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Dark Souls, it has been some time since I've played, so I'm going to make a drinking game out of it. Every time I die, and every time I kill a boss, this might be a bad idea.

Edit:

Edit: OOOOOOOOHHHHHH

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jan 29, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Dark Souls, playing on a character that is about to ring the 2nd bell and is using the Black Knight Greatsword.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 31, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Dark Souls, playing on a character that is about to ring the 2nd bell and is using the Black Knight Greatsword.

edit: Stream over

Vifs fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 31, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

David D. Davidson posted:

Okay so I've been trying to set up a stream on Hitbox.tv and I've been having a problem with Open Broadcast Software and my happauge.
Every time I tell it to stream all I get is a small red box overlaying and black screen. Can I get some help with this?

I'm not sure if it works with hitbox.tv from what i understand it should, but the latest software for the HDPVR2 will stream directly, or you can just do screen capture with xsplit/obs.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Can I make a request on the stream status page? Can you make it so that when you click a link it opens in a new tab? I know I can middle click, but I'm lazy.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

kalonZombie posted:

Polsy, any chance you can add instagib stuff to the streaming page? If so, please put me on it.

As far as I know of there is no public API for instagib out there yet, so till the owner makes it public, or someone finds out how to use it, can't really add anyone to the streaming page. Unless Polsy does some weird thing to find out if people are live, but I'll be honest, if he is doing anything else, at least for twitch and hitbox, he is doing it wrong.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

So I've been working on some code to let people control a game boy via twitch chat, and I need some help testing it. Right now I'm testing with Pokemon Yellow.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Carbon dioxide posted:

Is it based on this thing that's been going on for 3 days straight now?

Kinda, zackcat yelled at me till I told him I would try programming it, I had no idea the guy was from SA.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming An Untitled Story. An indie adventure/metroidvania game from a few years back. Also I'm going to be getting trashed.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 16, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming Steamworld Dig. This is some steampunk, western, digging, metroidvania, roguelike game, it is currently on sale on the humble bundle store.

edit: wow fun game, stream over

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 17, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Steamworld Dig. Game is pretty fun so far, I just unlocked the Drill.

edit: save file broke, playing Run man instead.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 18, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming DmC: Devil May Cry. I have never played this or the original series, this should turn out fine, right?

Vifs fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 23, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming Monaco. I guess it's some sneaking game, playing with some goons.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Feb 23, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming Dark Cloud 2. Wanted to play an old RPG, friend suggested this.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Feb 24, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Dark Cloud 2, 3/4 of the way thought he first set of dungeons.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 26, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Final Fantasy 5, I have Rhio and Prythian helping me out cause I have no idea what I'm doing.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 2, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Highwang posted:

So Geop's solved the mystery of how to tell Twitch's viewer lag to gently caress off.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s0mr0t

The first step is a bit misleading however. You want to go to Control Panel > Adobe Flash Settings. You'll find it there.

Might wanna put this in the OP toddy.

Everyone do this and stop using hitbox.

Edit: based on what I've read flash and twitch will use P2P connections to help speed up things by building a P2P network of the stream, but I'm guessing someone is a lovely coder at twitch or adobe and it doesn't work and makes things slower, so by disabling the P2P feature you are connecting directly to the twitch server.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Mar 2, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Highwang posted:

I wouldn't say stop using hitbox, its a great alternative service that still has a better latency timer than Twitch...when it works. Once they get out of beta, they will most likely break the "monopoly" on streaming services that Twitch has.

To bad hitbox has audio/video glitches and randomly freeze for half a second all the time, if geop fix really helps stream lag for everyone, I see no reason to use hitbox till they fix the technical issues.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Dragon Quest 8, never played any dragon quest, I hear they are good.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 3, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Rust, playing with a friend, he told me its like minecraft mixed with dayz.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some DayZ, playing with a friend, we are going to get lit up by someone way better at this game.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 8, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some To the moon, I have no idea what this game is, I found it sitting in my steam collection.

edit: graphics driver is not playing well with xsplit right now, oh well

Vifs fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 9, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Monster Hunter Portalble 3rd, playing with a friend, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 15, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Monster Hunter Portalble 3rd, playing online with some nerd.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 16, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Monster Hunter Portalble 3rd, my friend is playing with me, and he can stay around for more then 20 minuites this time.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 16, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Drunk driving simulator 2 Euro Truck Simulator 2, with Zackcat!

Vifs fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 22, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Monster Hunter portable 3rd, playing with some nerds.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 21, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Drunk driving simulator 2 Euro Truck Simulator 2, with Zackcat!

edit: computer freaking out, stream over.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Mar 22, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Katamari Forever. I'm trying a new setup for streaming, let me know if something isn't working.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 9, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming some Goat Simulator because I have nothing better to do then get drunk and play as a goat.

edit: that was fun for a bit, now im going to play dungeon of the endless.

edit: stream over, Dungeon of the Endless is awesome

Vifs fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Apr 21, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

It begins, streaming some Dark Souls 2. I'm so dead, rip.

edit: stream over, I died.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 25, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Dark Souls 2, I haven't found a boss yet, this should be fun.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 27, 2014

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Dark Souls 2, I have a problem.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Streaming more Dark Souls 2, I think I'm like maybe 3/5ths of the way though the game.

Vifs fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 30, 2014

• Locked thread