Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

p sure they hired up a bunch of people who got laid off from the SWTOR team to put together the TESO team

still a flaming turd though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hailthefish posted:

p sure they hired up a bunch of people who got laid off from the SWTOR team to put together the TESO team

with the resounding success of swtor, how can you blame them?

breadingbutter
Dec 28, 2013

by Ralp
here to defend swtor before it got broken: hanging out as a doc and selling syringes to people while hanging out with dancers and musicians was p cool :colbert:

also my mom is v excited about this game so it must have something going for it.

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

actually its bad for everyone that tes online is gonna suck because people are gonna get laid off and thats bad for the economy

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

capitalism is all about creative destruction yo

weaker companies going under makes room for stronger ones to emerge

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

breadingbutter posted:

here to defend swtor before it got broken: hanging out as a doc and selling syringes to people while hanging out with dancers and musicians was p cool :colbert:

also my mom is v excited about this game so it must have something going for it.

That was Star Wars Galaxies.

breadingbutter
Dec 28, 2013

by Ralp

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

That was Star Wars Galaxies.

oh. what year is it?

Bastastic posted:

actually its bad for everyone that tes online is gonna suck because people are gonna get laid off and thats bad for the economy

w/e dude i get some nubs job.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Is their beta still under nda? Thats a surefire sign for a failed mmo.

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Lonely Virgil posted:

It's probably gonna pretty much be like Skyrim, but with some keybond abilities, gonna be a shitshow on the consoles because of the lack of buttons.

edit- yeah pretty much

good thing the armor has slots for her massive juggs

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Will TESO include lore-friendly buttplugs and an option for my werewolf to have a Cutie Mark because if not I guess I'll be sticking with Skyrim.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Glaucus atlanticus posted:

Will TESO include lore-friendly buttplugs and an option for my werewolf to have a Cutie Mark because if not I guess I'll be sticking with Skyrim.
If nothing else Bad Dragon will probably run another sale on dragon dildos when it comes out, just like they did with Skyrim.

G.I. Jaw
Mar 26, 2003

More cake, Mrs. Tuffington?

Nap Ghost
I've been in all the weekend betas and every time we have made rear end-to-mouth push-up lines going down the main street of the starting town so in my mind this game gets an A+

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Bastastic posted:

Hmm, yes, you sound like an economist, can you expand on this point, thanks

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lonely Virgil posted:

It's probably gonna pretty much be like Skyrim, but with some keybond abilities, gonna be a shitshow on the consoles because of the lack of buttons.

You are this game's target audience because you are a loving moron. It's nothing at all like Skyrim. It's a wow style time combat fighting with clickable attacks like Neverwinter. There are no hit boxes in this game at all. You just weightlessly fight things. It's 100% not like Skyrim in any way shape in form except for the setting and lore.

It's a giant piece of poo poo that will be f2p in under about a year or less just like TOR.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

THE PWNER posted:

good thing the armor has slots for her massive juggs
normal looking armor and clothing were one of the things i actually liked about elder scrolls' aesthetic and they couldn't even keep that in this shitheap

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

KakerMix posted:

The only good mmo is Planetside 2 and that's because it's a 2k person shootman game with tanks and planes. Jump in and play for 15 minutes or 15 hours it's all good in the hood buddies. Free too!

Blizzard should buy Planetside 2, shut it down, and turn the infrastructure into Starcraft Online.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MMO's I would play:
World of StarCraft
Fallout Online

MMO's that will never get made:
World of StarCraft
Fallout Online

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Fallout Online would probably be a Day Z clone or something

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Teron D Amun posted:

Is their beta still under nda? Thats a surefire sign for a failed mmo.

Gonna break NDA here: During character creation there's a slider to determine how big a butt your (female obviously what are you gay or something) character should have.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Bundle of Keys posted:

Gonna break NDA here: During character creation there's a slider to determine how big a butt your (female obviously what are you gay or something) character should have.

no gay donks? this is not the mmo for me

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Bundle of Keys posted:

I see they got their priorities right then

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Bundle of Keys posted:

uh those sliders apply to both genders. big rear end, beer belly argonian or get the gently caress out

Slybo
Mar 6, 2005

The Rage posted:

MMO's I would play:
World of StarCraft
Fallout Online

Ya know what would make Fallout even better?

Having to wait for a quest objective to respawn.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Slybo posted:

hi this is the yool 2014, nobody waits for quest spawns anymore, it's called "instances" hth

Although I do miss EverQuest like, in masochistic way

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Slybo posted:

if wow hadn't been a thing before and were released in its present incarnation today, it would go F2P within a year and be dead in two, tops

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

flakeloaf posted:

if wow hadn't been a thing before and were released in its present incarnation today, it would go F2P within a year and be dead in two, tops

If WOW hadn't been a thing we'd probably still be on the Everquest model and MMOs would still be niche

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Don Tacorleone posted:

If WOW hadn't been a thing we'd probably still be on the Everquest model and MMOs would still be niche

I'll post a reply to this comment in 45 minutes when my mana bar refills.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Don Tacorleone posted:

Good?

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

SymfonyMan posted:

You are this game's target audience because you are a loving moron. It's nothing at all like Skyrim. It's a wow style time combat fighting with clickable attacks like Neverwinter. There are no hit boxes in this game at all. You just weightlessly fight things. It's 100% not like Skyrim in any way shape in form except for the setting and lore.

It's a giant piece of poo poo that will be f2p in under about a year or less just like TOR.

Wow, no one cares.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

no, mmo's as a genre are on their way out

there will always be people broken enough that they want to spend all day every day pretending to live in a videogame world

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
good mmo list

-planetside
-UO i guess
-muds back in the 90's

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Popular Thug Drink posted:

good mmo list

-planetside
-UO i guess
-muds back in the 90's

-wikipedia editors' bureaucracy

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

SymfonyMan posted:

no way actually in neverwinter you true aim skill, true action combat

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

good mmo list

-planetside
-UO i guess
-muds back in the 90's

-marvel heroes
-l4d2

idk why they went with this shitheap instead of just making a co-op elderscrolls game (besides their gamebryo engine being too horrific to actually handle something like that), it's not made by bethesda, it wont have elder scrolls gameplay, and its dull and greygreen and looks like post-oblivion ES i.e grimy lord of the rings, it could have been named anything else and nobody would have even thought to go "this is kinda like those elder scrolls games"

Dec 26, 2012

Bundle of Keys posted:

should uninstall if you ever have it less than maxed

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

do redguards get a bonus to butts

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Neurolimal posted:

-marvel heroes
-l4d2

idk why they went with this shitheap instead of just making a co-op elderscrolls game (besides their gamebryo engine being too horrific to actually handle something like that), it's not made by bethesda, it wont have elder scrolls gameplay, and its dull and greygreen and looks like post-oblivion ES i.e grimy lord of the rings, it could have been named anything else and nobody would have even thought to go "this is kinda like those elder scrolls games"

no one reads my posts :/

(game has been in development for eight years)

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
what's there to do in mmos anyway? people seem to like them

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Just make Cookie Clicker an MMO, get all the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
Remember that one good MMO that came out once?

• Locked thread