Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tankadillo posted:

is there literally anyone in the world who wants to play this. anyone at all who saw that they were making an elder scrolls mmo and thought "now that looks extremely my poo poo"

um check the mmo hmo thread where goons are complaining about being stuck in queue

goons will play anything

i bet there are even goons who want to play this on the xbone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuck Tanner
Nov 10, 2012

by Lowtax

tankadillo posted:

is there literally anyone in the world who wants to play this. anyone at all who saw that they were making an elder scrolls mmo and thought "now that looks extremely my poo poo"

people who haven't played it yet and just think that people that were in the beta are over-reacting about how terrible it is

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Mallory posted:

people who haven't played it yet and just think that people that were in the beta are over-reacting about how terrible it is

they have a miracle day 1 patch ok. you know that patch that no other game has ever received? they have it ready so shut up haters

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

tankadillo posted:

Lizard Wizard :sterv:

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

Every quest is a dull affair in which you wade through fetch quests and bad writing
so you mean it's skyrim?

BadLlama posted:

Finally a Elder Scrolls game where the Mudcrab is something to fear is a good thing.
i don't know, the giant mudcrabs in skyrim frightened the poo poo out of me.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am still waiting for my beta key

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Mr. Mallory posted:

i keep forgetting that most games get funded by idiots who convince themselves that every game that they haven't played yet will be good and is definitely worth preordering/kickstarting/getting emotionally attached to

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Thanks for the new av mystery donor.

any colour you like
Jul 19, 2006

Prying open my third eye
I was in the last weekend beta. What a steaming pile of turd. Not even going to play it this time.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

reminder instead of michael kirkbride they have this guy

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

*gives middle finger*

bonermobile
Sep 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqiEvH4iC0M

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

nice moustache

not

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

one of the simplest things in TES is lizard people = poison immunity how do you gently caress that up

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i really don't care about elder scrolls lore, but this is the equivalent of taking a huge dump on the franchise

lol

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

buying this so i can finally get married

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

i like how their newest attempt to get people excited for the game was revealing the celebrity voice cast

because why pay 100 voice actors $10000 to say 1000 lines each, when you could pay 10 voice actors $100000 to say 100 lines each

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

sorry my bad the newest thing was actually revealing they hid a tenth playable race behind a special edition preorder paywall

e: and that you will be able to play as any race on any faction if you get this rofl what the gently caress

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax
instead of making a lovely mmo why couldn't they borrow from borderlands and add four player coop for the next game, that would be a way better idea than a wow ripoff

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Meanwhile at Michael Kirkbride's house:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfX-CMsftWI

And yes that is actually MK.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
TESO is literally Blood Ocean.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMjpl64Tpco

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context

I don't think anyone working on TESO sees anything wrong with it.

And I don't think attendees for the launch party will be murdered, either.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i played it for an hour and then the game crashed.

okay it's a beta. main takeaway is that it's okay, i guess? i haven't played an MMO in years so it might seem more fresh to me than the video game burnouts complaining about it. i don't really have any reason to hate it.

it's like "star trek into darkness" applied to video games. solidly professional escapism, straight-down-the-middle fantasy roleplay. it looks good but it's also a cheap popcorn date. it mucks with the lore a bit. but a) who gives a gently caress? b) it's a video game.

SunAndSpring posted:

The lore of The Elder Scrolls is being pissed on. The titular Elder Scrolls are used as Capture the Flag buffs. Argonians are acting friendly to their former slavemasters, and Dark Elves are letting a Nord into their most sacred city despite the fact that Nords have done nothing but raid their homeland since they arrived on the continent. The Aldmeri Dominion exists years before it should. Imperials are worshiping Daedra.
oh no! meh. most people don't care about any of that poo poo. remember this is a game that has extra-dimensional beings invading through portals and cat people.

:cmon:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Feb 8, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tzarnal posted:

I'm just going to assume you were in fact bullshitting an intentionally shuffled the heroes and games up.

how so? you were the reborn nerevar in morrowind, who was a god. in oblivion you were just some random dude who helped the emperor, who was the actual hero of the story and you were just his sidekick. then in skyrim you were the dragonborn, who wasn't a god either.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Omi-Polari posted:

oh no! meh. most people don't care about any of that poo poo.
that and exploring the pretty lands are about the only reason to play TES games, so you're wrong

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Prettz posted:

that and exploring the pretty lands running nude mods are about the only reason to play TES games, so you're wrong

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I thought nervararar was just dragonborn-teir. Isn't there some crap about nevs being literally dragonborn as well?

Anyway this is gay crap I just want them to make a good game, TES has a lot of squandered potential at all turns

rumors indicate next TES will be
  1. All of tamreial
  2. You work to instate draginborn from skyrim as new emperor
  3. fight against thalmor a lot
sounds like bullshit I dunno. cant get any confirmation for anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Lumpy the Cook posted:

oh so its even more boring wowie

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lumpy the Cook posted:

... So TESO is like Second Life except half the time you play as a LARPer and the other half you work at McDonalds? That sounds kind of meta.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger
SWTOR was the game that killed the entire concept of big budget MMORPGs and TESO is driving the last nails in the coffin.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

SWTOR was the game that killed the entire concept of big budget MMORPGs and TESO is driving the last nails in the coffin.

SWTOR was amazing, especially the part where the part of their site where you could cancel your sub "crashed" on the day that everyone's first free month was up, forcing thousands of virgins to pay more money for that game.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Business Gorillas posted:

SWTOR was amazing, especially the part where the part of their site where you could cancel your sub "crashed" on the day that everyone's first free month was up, forcing thousands of virgins to pay more money for that game.
holy poo poo that's awesome. corporations, man...

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

first, may i just say lmbo?

second, did this guy just like fall out of an elder scrolls game like in the "take on me" video?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
kinda legit surprised the tumblr videogames crowd haven't jumped on the fact that the big bad is literally "The God of Rape" in the lore and basically raped all the (original) vampires into existence along with also raping anyone who -really- wants his boon

I don't imagine that'll be in the promo material: "JOURNEY TO COLD HARBOR, DEFEAT THE LORD OF RAPE"

Also he looks like a blue Diablo now I guess??

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Prettz posted:

so you mean it's skyrim?

People who think skyrim is like this are bad at skyrim and probably bought it in a console where they can't mod it like idiots

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fabricated posted:

kinda legit surprised the tumblr videogames crowd haven't jumped on the fact that the big bad is literally "The God of Rape" in the lore and basically raped all the (original) vampires into existence along with also raping anyone who -really- wants his boon

I don't imagine that'll be in the promo material: "JOURNEY TO COLD HARBOR, DEFEAT THE LORD OF RAPE"

Also he looks like a blue Diablo now I guess??

transcription error lol. hes the god of domination in the really real tamriel

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I thought nervararar was just dragonborn-teir. Isn't there some crap about nevs being literally dragonborn as well?

Anyway this is gay crap I just want them to make a good game, TES has a lot of squandered potential at all turns

rumors indicate next TES will be
  1. All of tamreial
  2. You work to instate draginborn from skyrim as new emperor
  3. fight against thalmor a lot
sounds like bullshit I dunno. cant get any confirmation for anything

This is probably what should actually happen but instead we have to put up with this bullshit for another year and a half before Beth will get what little money remains thrown its way.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

tankadillo posted:

me

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

tankadillo posted:

nobody who has ever played a TES game thinks this is a good idea, so basically just people who heard that skyrim was a successful rpg but know nothing about it and have stock in whatever shithole dev studio is making it (it's not even bethesda, they licensed it out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

gggiiimmmppp posted:

nobody who has ever played a TES game thinks this is a good idea, so basically just people who heard that skyrim was a successful rpg but know nothing about it and have stock in whatever shithole dev studio is making it (it's not even bethesda, they licensed it out)

I think a lot of people who don't understand that TES was successful because it wasn't an MMO game think this is gonna be really good but then they'll play it for amonth and be like wait this is dumb and leave.

• Locked thread