Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lol @ anyone who expects eso to be anything other than abysmally horrible, even by mmo standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

deadlypie posted:

Every time I read the word chim I think of that song from Merry Poppins.

CHIM is simultaneously the most brilliant and most absolutely retarded thing in any game universe ever.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cosby Onahole posted:

Being upset over a mmo is a really cool thing to do, congrsts on being a really cool person.

I don't think anyone is upset about ESO, rather they are laughing at how bad the beta was and eagerly anticipating the game flopping as spectacularly as FF14 and The Old Republic both did.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Srice posted:

people making MMOs out of anything

it's like it's the early 2000s all over again

nah, the new trend is people making mobas out of anything. poo poo like eso is becoming less and less common as people move on to the new hot thing to try and make money off of.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

fauxical posted:

man i really want to replay oblivion because of this thread. are there any releases on steam that have all of the DLC or was that stuff all garbage?

play skyrim or morrowind or daggerfall instead, oblivion is a bad game. a really, really bad game. just completely, irredeemably awful.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hailthefish posted:

p sure they hired up a bunch of people who got laid off from the SWTOR team to put together the TESO team

with the resounding success of swtor, how can you blame them?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this, but let's be realistic. In retrospect oblivion and morrowind is now wose.

Few years ago I said one day morrowind would be too arcane to be playable, and it's getting there for sure.

also their spell and enchantment system is poo poo garbage and needs heavily revamped

anyone who thinks morrowind's combat is too arcane needs to play as a mage

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Parallax Scroll posted:

yeah that sure sounds fun

it's actually a pretty cool and really impressive game for the time. daggerfall was a hell of a game in its day, but i can't imagine anyone going into it for the first time now and liking it much.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bef posted:

What is CHIM?

it basically means that anything you mod into the game is canon because you are a god who has figured out how to do god things. it's a novel way of doing things i guess. it made sense in morrowind since you actually were a god in that game, less so in oblivion where you were just some dude and skyrim where you were a reborn hero but not really a god at all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Tzarnal posted:

I'm just going to assume you were in fact bullshitting an intentionally shuffled the heroes and games up.

how so? you were the reborn nerevar in morrowind, who was a god. in oblivion you were just some random dude who helped the emperor, who was the actual hero of the story and you were just his sidekick. then in skyrim you were the dragonborn, who wasn't a god either.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Prettz posted:

no i just completed it and it is absolutely astonishing how many throw-away fetch quests there are, while the main quest and guild quests are short as gently caress. virtually every NPC has their own fetch quest.

skyrim's quests are pretty trash, but at least the world is relatively fun to explore. unlike oblivion, which has the most boring, generic game world i have ever seen in a wrpg. exploration takes precedence over quests to me anyway, so i still had fun with skyrim. not nearly as much fun as morrowind, but hey, at least it wasn't oblivion!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

uncle crassius

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

stoutfish posted:

for a genre about things beyond the realm of possiblity fantasy sure is cut and dry

morrowind wasn't, then bethesda fired everyone who had any kind of creative spark or something, i don't know what the gently caress happened between morrowind and oblivion but dear lord

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fallom posted:

they had to try real hard to make vikings really loving lame and goofy but by god they did it with skyrim

well they were also goofy in morrowind to be fair

SEEN ANY ELVES!? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

translation: jungles are hard to make, have generic medieval fantasy land instead

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Corek posted:

translation: we reused the map from oblivion

nah, they're missing like a third of that game's map

actually i guess they're not missing much at all since there was nothing in oblivion that was remotely interesting. guess they just want to keep in the spirit of the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

rainy day posted:

what are you talki- oh...

All of that fog! Yay! It's like I'm playing Morrowind on the original Xbox all over again! They must be banking on nostalgia to sell subscriptions, that's gotta be it!

• Locked thread