Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Hey is it time to quote myself? I think it is.

The Protagonist posted:

TESO is going to be dull, shallow, boilerplate tripe and I don't know how anyone who has seen the gameplay vids could think otherwise

The Protagonist posted:

it's pretty great to hear the quakcon crowd's blatantly feigned excitement and veiled disappointment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWXjzLEGV9U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Splurgerwitzl posted:

what is a moba?

essentially a verbal scat party, but angry and for nerds.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

RotMG is okay for an evening.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

^^^ I'm gonna' go way out on a limb here and say that it didn't manage that, no.

stoutfish posted:

play it and share your thoughts with us, gbs

alternatively look at the size and immediately decide against ever bothering

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

THE PWNER posted:

i cant wait t play the beta tommorow gently caress you OP negative nancy

prepare to diebe profoundly disappointed

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

So what you're saying is the whole point of ESO was to try and milk as much cash from nerds as they possibly can before the whole thing implodes? Color me surprised.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

there are no iconic characters in tes

aw comon you had...uh, the ~craAaAazy~ daedra dude, and the lying cat-person and uhhh...

Big Head! Who could forget Big Head!? :confused:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

^^^^ hahaha holy poo poo

I went to the firefall website just now out of curiosity and I'll be damned if they didn't rip graphics directly from SC2. "If we're just like Blizzard we'll be great!"

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

Welp, trying out pvp on TESO.

Prediction: if same class, first person to toggle spell/ability cycle wins. If different class, whichever class is better wins.

Exceptions may occur due to poo poo netcode.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Why can't we have an mmo with dark souls combat and EVE worldwide pvp mechanics where the only thing holding back pandemonium and slaughter in populated cities is a fast-acting npc police force with a footprint of influence that ends directly outside their line of sight/the city walls?

'cus that'd actually be good.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

While I'm in fantasy land it'd be great if butthurt nerds could spends lots of gamegold/irl dollars on putting out a writ on you if you bushwhacked them on a highway somewhere.

Then some other real world person would have to actually attempt to collect on your life and then you'd bushwhack him too.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Which is why people are totally right that if they wanted to do TES multiplayer they should have gone with a borderlands model and this abomination should have never seen the light of day

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

stoutfish posted:

only takes millions of dollars in an over saturated market played by people who enjoy bad games

foremost rapistproblem identified

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Hey I'm gonna' spitball more about the ESO that could/should have been. Okay? Okay.

All the legacy weapons are there, but only one of each. Either you have to do a brutal quest gauntlet to earn one of them, or you have to kill the current holder of one. If the holding player deletes the character/destroys it or just doesn't log for a given amount of time it resets to the quest dungeon. Also public records are kept as to who owns what and for how long.

A non-zero number of artifacts would require your dungeon-crawling team going battleroyale on each other at the last second on the whim of the daedra dude.

Sheogorath would do this too, except after teleporting everyone to shard-dimensions and pitting you all against mute-monsterfied versions of each other in a single elimination impromptu tournament.

There. A single feature that makes coherent use of unique items in a persistant online world that is ~1000000x cooler than anything ESO will have cooked up.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

i don't think anyone has to guess rainy day, they're putting themselves right here

still a better idea than ESO smartguy :colbert:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Yes. Good.

Gobblecoque posted:

having guilds and poo poo fighting pvp wars over artifacts would be pretty baller

I know right? I really just like the idea of a four or five man group knowing they have to cooperate long enough to get the goal in sight, but at some point they're all going to turn on eachother. :black101::tinfoil::ninja::tinfoil::ninja:

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

The idea of powerful, unique artifacts that only temporarily favor their owners is probably a transcription error.

Hahah goddamn if this whole thing isn't just the biggest corporate own of nerdiness ever.

I mean they could have lumped all the elves together and one group and the furries and orcs into another and it would have made more sense and been more consistent.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

these quotes and more later.
I've got a quote for ya <3

For the past year or so, I've typically been too anxious and depressed to post in GBS, and if I do post, I'll run away for a while afterward for fear of seeing my post(s) being mocked. It has been even worse since the inception of new GBS. I used to love to write and post things, esp. in threads that involve making fun of libertarians, but my confidence here, as in all domains of my life, is shot.

The only place I feel comfortable on SA is NMD, because I have pretty deep musical knowledge and an expansive record collection (one of my precious few escapes from the "gray drizzle of horror," the "storm of murk"*), but I don't even post there too often.

It took me 4mg of guanfacine (prescribed for ADD, but useful for anxiety) and two days of trepidatious over-analysis to finally make this flimsy, unfunny post in this thread but I think its worth it.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

there is a game that does this and when some dude with a bunch of artifacts became a borderline god, half the server set aside their factional disputes and started a holy war to de-god the fucker

my ~emergent gameplay~

What game? 'Cus that sounds p sweet.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

What do they do for lifetime subscribers when it goes f2p in two months? Hookergrams?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Has there ever been another example of the triplefuck full priced upfront, monthly sub with cash shop from day one mmo? Quadruplefuck if lifetime sub is an option?

Those poor, poor gamers. An exploited minority.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Don Tacorleone posted:

I guess everyone stopped posting here because they're having such great fun with the game

No they went to go play morrowind which is still better in every conceivable way

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

how has huffpo not picked up on this hotbed of blatant white supremacist propaganda/exploitation

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

guppiehaus posted:

is going 150 hrs without sleep enough to kill you

sadly no

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

The weird TESO fans will stay with it for way too long.

i don't know if i buy this premise...the bigger of a fan you are of TES the more you should loathe this game. i dunno', maybe there's a rollover where you're such a TES fan that you could paste MUATRA on a log of poo poo and they'll eat it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

i have zero loving sympathy for anyone who shelled out money for this log, every single gameplay preview made it blatantly clear just how boring and pointless it would be but nerds just can't help themselves

• Locked thread