Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
when this was announced i was really hoping it would be as big a disaster as SWTOR but the best part of watching that game crash and burn was the thousands and thousands of people who rushed to its/biowares defense in increasingly desperate ways and this time around even most people on zenimaxs forums are saying it sucks so its not nearly as funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Entropic posted:

That video trailer which has nothing to do with the actual gameplay looked pretty cool though.

is that the one where everybody is scared because an ancient evil suddenly returns just like in the last 2 tes or is that a different one

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

reminder you dont actually get exp from killing mobs

or doing anything that isnt completing a quest

reminder that the video that gif came from was leaked in april and the game hasnt changed at all

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thanks for the new av mystery donor.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

reminder instead of michael kirkbride they have this guy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

one of the simplest things in TES is lizard people = poison immunity how do you gently caress that up

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

i like how their newest attempt to get people excited for the game was revealing the celebrity voice cast

because why pay 100 voice actors $10000 to say 1000 lines each, when you could pay 10 voice actors $100000 to say 100 lines each

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

sorry my bad the newest thing was actually revealing they hid a tenth playable race behind a special edition preorder paywall

e: and that you will be able to play as any race on any faction if you get this rofl what the gently caress

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fabricated posted:

kinda legit surprised the tumblr videogames crowd haven't jumped on the fact that the big bad is literally "The God of Rape" in the lore and basically raped all the (original) vampires into existence along with also raping anyone who -really- wants his boon

I don't imagine that'll be in the promo material: "JOURNEY TO COLD HARBOR, DEFEAT THE LORD OF RAPE"

Also he looks like a blue Diablo now I guess??

transcription error lol. hes the god of domination in the really real tamriel

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

it would be funny as hell if all the enemies had oblivions level scaling

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

TESO update.

Of the 3 other people playing it, the only person left playing it is someone who loves elder scrolls lore. Even they are upset about calling things dark elves or high elves.

The game would be better if they removed the first 10 levels of content.

Combat sucks rear end but gets better once people start getting combat skills.

Didn't do a dungeon yet, cause its 10 levels in.

Also its funny watching 10 people try to loot the same cup at the same time that is worth 2 gold.

Crafting is kinda neat. Except the armor looks like rear end. Harvesting sucks rear end. You get a npc companion to send you harvesting materials once a day and I bet that sucks too.

The game is not group friendly early on cause if you are on different steps or did quests differently you may be in different instances until you exit that area.

Third World Reggin posted:

The dork elf lizard faction has you start in a nord area. You go find wounded people in the town, cool.

Once you do that and go lite to torch to retreat, you come back to the town and it is on fire. If you are with people who are not on that part of the quest, you are each in different towns in the same area.

The Redguard, breton, and orc area is all about pirates. There are some crew members you can pick up and you don't need all of them.

If you pick up different crew members the town is a different instance than your buddy.

Once you leave this is all ok, except you still may not be on the same "shard" and you can teleport to friend or group mate. Mostly this makes your guy go blue and see stars, then nothing happens. Some times it happens, some times it doesn't.

But you might warp to your friend in their shard or you might warp to your friends position in a different shard.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

rainy day posted:

its also irritating that if i want to play an elf and my friend wants to play a redguard or w/e then we can't play together at all without someone being forced to pick a species they dont want to play.

actually if you preorder the game you will be able to play as any race on any faction! lol zenimax

e:fb

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

there are no iconic characters in tes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

also the adoring fan

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

when youtube was starting to get big most of the 'most viewed' game videos were of people coming up with different ways to kill the adoring fan

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

That's the worst map I've ever seen. A loving triangle.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Corek posted:

uh, even in oblivion cyrodiil was bigger than that. where the gently caress are the left and bottom parts of the map

that was just a fanciful portrayal. this is the real tamriel

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

lol speaking of fantasy settings i just remembered earlier that the canon name for the world in the dragon age games is thedas, a name a bioware forums user came up with and stands for 'the dragon age setting'

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

rainy day posted:

stream is finished. hope you enjoyed!

gg bg

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

just wanted to reiterate how weird it is that a sub based mmo is coming out in 2014

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Ponce de Le0n posted:

Also the fact that no one really wanted this at all, apart from people who get excited at the concept of a skyrim mmo before remembering what mmo's are actually like.

How long has this been in development? because i can only think they wanted to quickly capitalize on skyrims/Tes' recent hype and success by making a game where people will pay to play.

since early 2007. so its actually like they wanted to capitalize on oblivions hype

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

$60 (or $80 if you want to be able to play as Imperials) + $15/month + a cash shop.

wait a cash shop too this is the first ive heard of it

e: wow youre right

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

trip report: made character, talked to prophet, couldnt leave the cell i spawn in

on any character i made

goty 2014

did you take all your equipment off and try, that actually worked in the stream

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

Just make the whole continent of Tamriel like it's a bunch of different Elder Scrolls game but it's single player or co-op and you travel all over the place and you could still mod it yeah I would pay a decent subscription fee for that poo poo

that sounds fun and like something that isnt a skinner box so theres just no way

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I don't understand how anybody can take WoW seriously after the furry Chink Pandaland release.

they made a full expansion revolving around samwises fursona and the next one is all about time traveling. its safe to say theyre out of ideas, probably because all their big villains got killed off in the last 3 expansions

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

except the titan but theyre saving him for the last expansion in 2030

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

thanks for moving this back to the good forum

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

relatively speaking obv

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

can we etch out a complete lineage of mmo dogshit yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_massively_multiplayer_online_games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

the EU server of ESO is hosted in the same rack as the US server, in the US.

Serious question: were you the OP of this thread

• Locked thread