Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Last_Ranger posted:

but real talk: who the gently caress thought it would be a good plan to take a single player game where you feel unique and independent in a fantasy world and try to replicate that with 3,000 people that just sounds stupid as gently caress

WoW makes money

people like elder scrolls

lets make an elder scrolls mmo and make WoW money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Earwicker posted:

has there ever been a fun MMO that is not only a good game but one you can have fun playing for like a couple hours a week or so instead of living in it?

no

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

reminder you dont actually get exp from killing mobs

or doing anything that isnt completing a quest

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tankadillo posted:

is there literally anyone in the world who wants to play this. anyone at all who saw that they were making an elder scrolls mmo and thought "now that looks extremely my poo poo"

um check the mmo hmo thread where goons are complaining about being stuck in queue

goons will play anything

i bet there are even goons who want to play this on the xbone

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Mallory posted:

people who haven't played it yet and just think that people that were in the beta are over-reacting about how terrible it is

they have a miracle day 1 patch ok. you know that patch that no other game has ever received? they have it ready so shut up haters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

reminder instead of michael kirkbride they have this guy

nice moustache

not

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Prettz posted:

that and exploring the pretty lands running nude mods are about the only reason to play TES games, so you're wrong

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rainy day posted:

this is swtor all over again. bland lovely bullshit game selling itsself on branding and having a poo poo ton of voice acting for quests no one cares about. also the view distance is loving awful

ah i see they are working on a turok mmo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fabricated posted:

APB launched and shut down in the space of I think a month?

no, the game will be fine. there will be no shutdown. i have seen the new content and its incredible. keep buying APB - monster w/ 21 faces, shameless goon shill also community manager

:mensch:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rainy day posted:

I wont be surprised if ESO makes a decent bit of money because its following the modern western MMO strategy exemplified by SWTOR. It's from an established brand and has a lot of half-baked poorly designed features that they can make look good on the back of a box or a game review: Large world, tons of sidequests, "exploration", "deep" skill customization, voice acting, etc. Since every burnt-out WoW player and their mom buys every single new MMO that gets a big retail release, they can make all their development costs back from charging $60-$80 upfront and investors will be happy even if 90% of the player base quits after a month or less.

e: I was going to try streaming this shitheap again but the login queue is an hour. oh well

the thing is nerds actually wanted another star wars mmo. of course they had no choice because galaxies shut down so its TOR or nothing

no one wants a TES mmo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rainy day posted:

OKAY IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE WHAT THIS PIECE OF poo poo LOOKS LIKE IM STREAMING RIGHT NOW http://www.twitch.tv/anime_irl

holy poo poo the running animation

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

that was just a fanciful portrayal. this is the real tamriel

i wonder how quickly they will take that back once this piece of poo poo bombs

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nah that was the fake lore

this is the REAL lore

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

just wanted to reiterate how weird it is that a sub based mmo is coming out in 2014

id be impressed if it was still sub based going into 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Mallory posted:

i wish gamers could actually practice some restraint and not buy this garbage and make eso switch to f2p in the first month. that would be pretty funny

good one

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

crowfeathers posted:

There's literally no crime in TESO, even against NPCs

the crime is the game

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Greenllama posted:

I'm still confused why we have this thread and the one in the MMO section.... they both have the same poo poo in them

this thread is better

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

rainy day posted:

what are you talki- oh...

seriously that loving draw distance

TESO must be based off beijing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

crowfeathers posted:

the game is garbage

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

Eh, not that I neccesarily disagree here (look here and in the GBS for the amount of people who poo poo on it at every available opportunity, but complained when they couldn't get into the beta...) but a good chunk of people genuinely do like the game. For my part it's just another excuse to spend some time in TES' world again for a couple of months, but this time I can share it with friends who are similarly into it. Could wait six months, yeah, but I've spent more money on worse purchases so I don't feel my money is wasted in this case.

um this isnt the fake elder scrolls world based on the inaccurate previous games

this is the real lore motherfucker

are you ready?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

itt goons hating on poo poo other people might like

*looks at a screenshot with the settings obviously not turned up*

OH LOL LOOK AT THE lovely DRAW DISTANCE

have you played the game? because it looks like that even with everything turned up including draw distance

idiot

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

the one shadow I can see looks like a square box and they didn't look like that on my girlfriend's PC when she played it

I don't like MMOs so I didn't get a beta but I watched her playing and it seems like an alright game. It's not earth shattering or anything but jesus christ what a massive thread just hating on the fact that there's no jungle in Cyrodiil anymore.

oh ok you are an idiot

it still looks like that regardless of how high his shadows are turned up because the draw distance is poo poo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Third World Reggin posted:

This is me trying to look from a lumberyard to a keep. The keep is about 3-5 times as far as my draw distance.

sorry clearly your settings arent high enough because the trees and grass look like poo poo

nice try troll

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

yeah your draw distance is definitely maxed out lol

who gives a poo poo anyway it's just draw distance it's not like it's hard coded into the engine. It can be changed between now and the official release

ya there will be a day 1 patch that fixes all the issues guys

you just gotta believe

preorder now

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Not sure how saying this is my draw distance, I maxed it out, was trolling.

no you see that other screenshot, i assume from a press release, has good draw distance so clearly everyone else who had all the settings maxed out and got the same result as you were trolling

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

I just assume it was inaccurate because the view distance wasn't that small when I watched my girlfriend play the game. Maybe it scales according to your hardware

You're just super determined to get comedy gold out of a some relatively small problems with an MMO that is still in beta and I don't understand.

what part of the dev team are you on?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

it's like reddit or some poo poo in here

I'm not on the dev team

I just don't get why there are 20 pages of 'lol look at how lovely this game is' when in reality it's average. Did you all get kicked out of Games or something

the game would have been average back in 08

its just sad now. also bland and dull especially considering they want to charge you a sub for it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

it's a loving mmo

WHY DOES ANYONE EXPECT AN MMO TO BE GOOD

get it through your thick skulls none are good and then maybe they can stop just shoveling crap out the door because 'this game is great but you know what would make it better MULTIPLAYER MMO make it happen game devs'

the graphics (for an mmo) are decent for 2014, and they want to charge a sub because people will pay it the first few months. Just like other MMOs that have been released recently. The only thing that's really bad is the draw distance, everything else looks fine.

It's an average MMO which makes it a lovely game (imo) but how is that surprising to anyone

so if everyone agrees the game is crap, why cant we post about it?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

I didn't say you couldn't, I just said it's comparable to every other MMO and idk why the odd specific hate. It makes me think you guys are pissed they messed with your TES lore and as a result you're just latching on to every little thing and blowing it out of proportion.

we aren't blowing the draw distance thing out of proportion, which was the first thing you came in here defending

its poo poo, just like this game

:fuckoff:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

I'm Kickstarting a sorely needed device:

GemerSlap: An automated helicopter drone with a prosthetic arm. Every time a "gamer" utters the sentence "I've spent money on worse things, so I'm quite happy about this purchase" the drone will seek his location and give him a good slap. Then it will demolish his basement with a Hellfire missile.

where is your kickstarter link

oobies amer dron

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

quote:

Peechka posted:

Whats wrong with that? Aside some of the Asian mmos, this one is probably the best Ive seen.

this is their target audience

retards

blind retards

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ZombieReagan posted:

having video games threads that aren't subject to Games forum moderation can be scary and threatening to many posters it seems

dissenting opinions? people pointing out flaws and the fact its terrible? :qq:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

As far as I can tell, he doesnt like the game. He isnt defending the game, he is just disagreeing with every person in the thread. He mad at the people who like it and he is mad at the people that didnt like it. I cant tell what his stance on it is exactly, but I dont think he is defending it.

hes mad we are talking poo poo about the game. but its not serious / hes in on the joke because he totally hates all mmos.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Peechka posted:

I dont know, there are many things that one can bitch about this game but performance wise and look wise, I dont think is one of them.

I was running on my i5 3570K @4.2, 8 gigs ram and an old rear end ATI6850 and I was getting a constant 40-50 FPS. And while yes, the look of the game is subjective, graphics wise I would put this against any non asian mmo in a heartbeat.

i too love this super generic medieval setting

take that f2p western / asian mmos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GOT A EXTRA TITTY posted:

I wish the game had more draw distance and perhaps some cooler Skyrim-like shaders.

The game looks good and I don't think the gfx will age badly.

lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Last_Ranger posted:

Yeah the art direction is hosed but graphically it doesn't look that bad. Stop bitching about graphics settings in the beta. We can all have a good time talking about the fundamental flaws of the game like the fact that it's an MMO or how the writer said he's just making GBS threads all over the previous lore etc.

those are just alpha textures alpha draw distances ok. the game will totally have a day1 patch to make it awesome

prepare

for

titanfall the elder scrolls online

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Also their survey is bad enough that they are going to get the wrong information from the results.

lol like any of the survey stuff will affect what they do before it goes live

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

steinrokkan posted:

Because it looks and sound like something pulled out of the back of 1930s Fu Manchu adventure serials.

did they even stick to chinese themes or did they just mash up every asian stereotype?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bret Hart posted:

In 5 years if WoW still exists, people will have to level a new toon up to 175 OH GOD

there is no if about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ruffz posted:

I probably wouldn't have paid full price for the Imperial Edition due to not being sold on the game yet, however with the deal GMG had going I got it for less than the cost of a console game ($57). I'm willing to give it a shot for that amount of money, while fully assuming goons will quit en masse after the free month, and a lot probably won't return when it goes F2P. If it sucks after 30 days then I won't subscribe and I'm only out that $57.

save 3 dollars? sign me up for this turd sandwich!

• Locked thread