Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Doflamingo posted:

Let's see:

- only 3 Titans (which don't even seem to play that differently based on gameplay vids)

- a handful of guns/equipment

- approximately 12 maps based on files found within the beta

- no single player campaign

The game itself may be fun at its core but it sure seems like a budget title to me, especially when compared to something like CoD which comes with a full single player campaign, an average of 16 maps and dozens of guns/killstreaks/whatever.

You do know in the beta there is only one titan accessible unless you have a burn card that gives you access to a 2nd, right? There are different loadouts for that one titan though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The thread should be called #hotgamerjournalisttips

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I think we need to confess our sins of owning an Xbox One. I am sorry, I Dangerzonedelux bought an Xbox One and play Fifa 14 on it every other day. I also use the voice controls while watching tv and Netflix. I have played Just Dance on it with my fiancée. I plan on buying Titanfall on it even though I have a gaming pc that can run it better. I am sorry guys.

Seriously half of the posters in here and the other xbox thread sound like the neckbeard dudes who would go advise someone on a gaming purchase inside of a Gamestop. It's extremely creepy.

edit: I also may buy these http://www.polkaudio.com/products/4shot I am sorry

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I was wondering how well that mic would work on the Polk headset. Have you used it to talk to anyone yet?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I just figured people were talking about the oddness of speaking with your ears being enclosed by the headset. I had a feeling of being disoriented with my g930 headset but I eventually got used to it and never notice it now . At first I was practically yelling but you learn how to adjust your volume with time

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I have that Comcast box and it's hot trash. Voice control with an iOS app only. You can only stream Pandora. No Netflix and On Demand sucks like it always has. I have no idea what the previous poster is talking about.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Nah I am sure the Titanfall download will go smooth for digital copies. I have never had an issue with xbox download speeds in the past. Everyone always claims end days about this poo poo

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

People on here said the same thing with the Day one patch that was required. Everything went fine. But preach on dudes

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

univbee posted:

The difference here is that Microsoft is selling a bundle with the game as a download voucher. If the console has no pre-install that's an awful lot of connections downloading 40 gigs. On amazon.ca the bundle is outselling the standalone game.

So did xbox live crash and burn? It took me 30 minutes to download when I woke up around 5am today. You can quote this post in the other thread too ;)

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

zen sex robot posted:

So how bad has the xbox live sign in outage been effecting people? It's been down for hours and twitter is flipping out over it, but I don't see many people posting about it here. Is it a sporadic thing where you can get in once in a while or if you just haven't turned off your xbox you haven't noticed yet?

Yeah I didn't even know it was done till none of my friends joined me for Titanfall action. That game controls a lot better than I thought it would compared to Halo. I'm terrible at Halo and spend half the time pointing in wrong direction

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

Considering the Bonepad is worse than the 360 controller, there is literally no reason to upgrade. And with Bluetooth support (no proprietary protocol) and a superior design, the DualShock 4 is going to be the PC controller of choice for most.

Team Fortress 2 and Plants vs. Zombies aren't the same game type at all.

And Peggle 2 as well as PvZ are going multi platform very soon, no reason to get a Bone.

I doubt a ton of people are rushing to buy a ds4 for pc use. They still have their 360 controllers. I can't believe Sony stuck with their terrible controller design. Those thumbstick placements yeesh.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Is this because the adapter didn't work right with theirs either?

I know Astro is issuing a firmware update because of the dumb thing.

Nope. It's because Polk didn't test it with the xbox one it seems

edit: To clarify it's just poor mic design, it did look better but didn't function very well. Check Amazon reviews for all the complaints on it

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 18, 2014

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Had a friend come over to play Fifa today and he loved the controller. He bought a ps4 and owned a 360 before that. I didn't even ask about the controller. Right away he stated how much better it felt.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Is there any issues right now with first generation xbox ones? I purchased one a while ago and wondering if I got the "brick" type that my original 360 got.

If it's messed up you would know about it. Mine wouldn't take a disc and MS replaced it immediately and gave me a free game. The repair support is pretty great but that's because of the rrod incident

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Hob_Gadling posted:

Polk builds quality. I was surprised to see them do the official headset, aren't those sort of accessories usually done by some general home electronics company?

I think he means the official Stereo Headset and not the Polk one. They are different and apparently the Polk mic sucks.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It's not the mic, it's the headset adapter and/or the controller. All of the headset manufacturers have had issues with the adapter. There's some kind of boost issue or something.

Their mic is probably fine if you use it in something that isn't an Xbone.

The MS stereo headset seems to work fine. Doesn't make sense it's the adapter if they can fix the issue with a secondary mic attached to polk headset since it still has to use the "broken" adapter

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I wish HBOGO would hurry up and come out. If they released a Plex app that would be amazing. I am not sure what this buyer's remorse talk is about since my xbox has been in use since the day I bought it. I don't expect my electronic purchases to go up in value. Also yay the amatuer videogame journlist and people who listen to gaming podcasts crew is back in this thread.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

I love that if you get the "Avoid Me" reputation is disables twitch broadcasting. Let's ignore that anyone serious about streaming won't be using a console's built-in streaming app.

Serious about streaming...

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Capsaicin posted:

I'm trying a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord, and it doesn't work for audio, unless I'm missing an option somewhere. I can hear people in party chat fine.

The adapter that comes with the headset adapter doesn't fit the puck 2.5mm. There are two small tabs that are stopping it from being inserted all the way. The tabs are needed for my 360 controller though.

Are you using a stereo adapter? It's sold separately for $25. It's not packaged with the chat headset

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

What is the advantage of plex over XBMC?

Plex will be available on the xbox one. Is xbmc?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

The facescan works well in Rivals, the story is real annoying and I couldn't skip past it at first. Only did waveracing and rock climbing. Rock climbing was surprisingly a lot of fun

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Red Robin Hood posted:

Up until this evening I hadn't put a disc in my Titanfall bundle Xbone. I wanted to watch The Hobbit so I toss that in and it made a very strange whirring sound. I tried a few different discs each of which made that strange noise.

My launch console had that issue. If you would have gone the MS replacement route which takes about 6 days and if you put up a credit card they would have sent you a new one before sending out the broken xbox. After that you could have initiated a chat support and received a free game

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

It's kind of bullshit if you go digital for games on the xbox one you can't get any of the preorder bonuses. Are we just sol for the Destiny beta if we don't pre-order a physical copy?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

$3 a month for live is like three tacos from the bell. Too high imo

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

You know you could have just done this through the website right? Why the gently caress would you call anyone? Go to website. Initiate return. Put up a credit card not a debit card. They will do a check to see if you have the funds like every ones does. Just like renting a car or a hotel room. They won't hold the funds unless it's a debit card. They send you a new xbox and you send your old one back. Lol why did you make it so difficult? Later if you wanted free poo poo you could have done an online chat after you returned and asked for free Live or whatever. I did all of the above when I had to exchange mine for a broken disc drive

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

For all this patch and install talk I don't think I have ever noticed any of it. It might be since I just buy games digitally so I just walk away and play later. I have never gone to play a game and have to wait for a patch to download and install. I really hope HBOGO and Plex hurry up and release for the xbox. Once that happens I won't need my chromecast.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

That reddit website is cool as gently caress. Privacy concerns? Like people seeing you teabag in titanfall?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

Any experiences with having TV running through the bone and only through the bone? Is it as inconvenient as I'm imagining?

What inconvenience are you referencing? My cable box is plugged into my Xbox and the xbox inputs to the receiver. It simplifies the setup. I know it sounds like marketing speak but it's pretty darn simple. Unless I misunderstood why would you need an hdmi splitter?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Funkmaster General posted:

Specifically the inconveniences I'd expect would be the extra time to start the console up whenever you wanted to watch TV (unless I leave it on standby all the time which I probably will) and the possibility of having viewing interupted by software updates.

My space is limited so once I set it up it will be difficult to swap inputs around.

If your space is limited it sounds like a no brainer. You would want to watch tv through the xbox. If you have stand by mode on its quick. By the time the tv is on its ready to go. You don't have to use the one guide if you don't care for it. I have never noticed a software update

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Ultimate Mango posted:

I have the same problem. If it exists it on an option tied to a single black pixel on the dashboard. Somewhere.

Oh it's there. I will be super helpful and not tell you since I don't remember. Took me forever to figure it out. Maybe kinect profile login option?

Edit found it
Auto Sign-In. You requested this, and now you have it! With Auto-Sign In, you can now select an account to sign in automatically when you turn on your Xbox One. To enable this option, navigate to Settings > Preferences > Instant sign-in, and choose the account you wish to sign in automatically. 

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Can't you just use your phone?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Laserface posted:

I got some of the Polk 4Shot headphones cheap (60% off for the tan/blue colorway) and they arent that fantastic sounding. OK for a spare set but my friends cheap Turtle Beach headphones sound better.

Yeah not surprised they were heavily discounted after that mic fiasco. I got the official MS ones for $50 from Best Buy recently. The deal through Newegg where you used google wallet and iOS app to purchase for $36 seems like a no brainer if y'all haven't bought the stereo adapter yet

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I really wish there was a way to tell if something will be available digitally through the xbox marketplace. I want to buy the Fifa 15 ultimate edition but I rather not have the physical media. How do I find this out?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

univbee posted:

If I'm not mistaken, this is a requirement for all games on the new consoles excluding very specific circumstances like Skylanders (because it needs a special accessory that comes with the physical version). FIFA 15 is pretty much a certainty, the only upcoming game I'm suspicious of is Kingdom Hearts III since there has never been a Kingdom Hearts game available digitally on any platform.

EDIT Only just realized you meant the UE specifically. We'll probably know more about that when the date approaches, has Microsoft done any of those kinds of editions digitally yet? I know the Digital Hardened of CoD Ghosts isn't available digitally on Xbox platforms.

Yeah I play the ultimate mode so I would like the free packs associated with the Ultimate edition. I have a feeling it will probably be retailer only.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

mysterious frankie posted:

I'd love a Destiny beta key if anyone has one. No PMs, but you can email me at blondlot@hotmail.com

I sent one to you just in case no one else did.

I have one more if anyone wants it

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Daedo posted:

I'll take that if no one else has cheers!
No PMs but my email is daedo@hotmail.com

Sent.

The cleaning people accidentally unplugged the kinect while it was on the other day, the xbox did not like that. Took me lots of hard resets to get the tv to come back

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Awesome! posted:

it's almost like the 360 controller is better than the bone controller

but I know, that's crazy talk.

It's not. Sucks when I go back to using a 360 controller on my pc.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Soonmot posted:

The only real reason is if you sell your games back. Plus, the digital DLs are the same price as the physical disc and do not drop in price anywhere near as fast.

I think he is asking how downloads work from Gamestop since they are offering a digital version of Destiny. I am curious too, do they just give you an Xbox money card?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Make some friends. They can revive you.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that was already announced as an Xbone game. The game going exclusive doesn't add anything for Xbone owners.

Lol dude be less butt hurt about a video game.

Great news about the media player add ons. I guess I don't have to wait for a plex app after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Mill Village posted:

You get one if you buy Platinum for your account.

Trials Fusion is 33% off this week for Gold members. Well, its supposed to be, but its currently free on the Xbox website.

People are claiming the free part is just a demo

Edit: yeah I tried it out. Just a demo

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 19, 2014

• Locked thread