Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-VKfbZKeq0
So it begins...

The gods arrive upon the world, which the inhabitants call it what else but: "The World"!

Men, Dwarves, Elves, Trolls, Orcs, goblins and many more races unfound or perhaps tucked away within the realms abound. Kingdoms and Empires have risen and fallen. During that time powers which called themselves gods, pretenders all really had tapped the powers of creation and unbalanced the world.

This was all long long ago. History soon became legend, legend became myth, and myth was soon all but forgotten. But not by the one beyond time. He knew not history and he knew not the present or the past. What he did divine, was that the real gods were not pretenders. That they were true. That they were in fact, extremely real.

The world was without guidance, no direction. Its people's and intelligences that called it home stagnant and stuck in stasis. Nothing changed anymore and nothing regressed. Sure life and death happened and certain natural laws applied, but so too did magic of all kinds and sciences that were both as arcane and mysterious.

A tangled mess. Things happened but they always accomplished nothing. The pretenders at one time did shake the foundations and good did triumph over evil. But that was all a wrong point of view.

The man looked. Really looked.

Then he saw you. Gods. Sitting in the nothingness that was neither dark nor light. Perceiving nothing but their own thoughts and histories in their heads. It was all made up of course. Once prodded and unleashed this new world would be theirs to forge a history from nothing. A destiny that only they in their infinite power can command.

It would have to be enough. He was going mad. Perhaps he would sleep for a while. Next to the other things that slept.

"HEY YOU! WAKE UP! YES I'M TALKING TO YOU! BEFORE ITS TOO LATE. DO IT. ITS YOUR WORLD. TAKE IT!!!

You awaken in the heavens, distantly aware of the others. You don't know them but they are like you and not like you. The echos of the man fade along with the memory of his words and his existence. You have no history here. You don't remember what came before even though you were shaped by it. You can sense all mortals and can see their buildings and towns. There are still mysteries here and histories here not known to you. However, you can feel an affinity for this place. It is yours. Whether you can share it with the others is another story! (Post otherwise and you may be punished)

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Mar 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Discussion/RULES Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611665

IRC channel is located: On irc.synirc.net server and channel name is #ohgod .

:smugwizard: Rule Cheat Sheet:

Stat/Attribute points: You get them by doing things. Specifically things which are in alignment with your god's dominion and theme. The scale and scope along with the outcomes of your actions affect the number of points received at the end of the "year".

You can also get points if others do the work for you or they benefit you or others by accident or design.

Gods can gain 0 points for the year if they have somehow lost in a conflict or have had their domains reduced either by mortals, natural disasters, or divine intervention by others.
Also some gods can get nothing for taking no actions.
Also, Point gain or loss isn't always 1:1.

POINTS ARE SPENT VIA PMs OR SECRET MESSAGES TO THE GM.
ACTIONS ARE ALL WRITTEN IN POSTS AND ARE NOT SECRET. JUST YOUR STATS AND WHAT YOU’VE SPENT!!

1st Stat: Divinity [Life Points & Action Initiative]
Your life, shield, and standing. A greater divine being acts first. The more Divinity you have, the more god-like you are.
If this reaches 0 you can be captured or even killed.
:siren: Once damage has been taken, the points expended are gone.

2nd Stat: Attack [Attacking mortals/nature or Another God]
Battles between Gods only occur only one on one.
You can spend between one or all your points to harm another.
For every point spent in combat it causes 1 damage to another's divinity.
Every point spent from this stat on attacking can destroy the population of a town or equal sized amount of nature.
One point of attack can destroy a single army.
You spend Attack points to increase the area of destruction or the number of beings killed.
:siren: Once points from here are spent they are gone.

quote:

Another word on Combat: A player can Yield to the other combatant rather than be captured or killed. When this happens there are options that your opponent chooses:

Option 1: The loser will give 1d3 points taken from a stat(s) of their choosing and give it to the victor, to be used as they see fit. (The value can increase if this value becomes trivial as the game goes on.)

Option 2: The loser must come up with and give the victor a boon of great value, or promise which will be enforced by the GM. If the promise or the boon is not to the victor’s liking then they can demand another. The victor cannot dictate what the boon or promise will be, it has to come from the loser.
Note: If this process takes too much time or the loser seems to be offering lovely boons or terrible promises on purpose the GM will decide. [And trust me it will be harsh if you’re meta-gaming the boon/promise process]

Option 3: The loser is maimed by the winner. It will be humiliating, it will be obvious who inflicted the wound. It might even affect how other players and NPCs look at you. 1d3 points will be taken from your highest stat. If the stat is tied with another or more than one a die will be rolled to randomly determine which stat.

The player who yielded cannot be attacked by other the combatant for a full year (of game time not real time!). This prevents feeding each other points. The player who yielded can be attacked by others though! (No free invincibility!)

3rd Stat: Power
The more power you have the more likely you are to have your way with influence vs another.
When opposing another god’s influence action you can bid points vs another god to stop his Influence action OR twist the outcome.
Power is also the stat of being somewhere, or escaping or traveling to the mortal world.
Expending a point of power you can manifest in the world or return to the heavens.

4th Stat: Influence [Used on Nature or Mortals]
Every point spent can influence the population of a town or the equivalent of animals or natural phenomenon (a storm over the town or sandstorm to slow an army etc.). This influence on mortals can be from a charismatic speech or minor mental dominion.
Mortal beings or nature/wildlife can misinterpret or add their own ideas or actions to any instructions due to free-will.
They will not completely ignore direction from the gods unless another god has countermanded it.
Deaths can occur from natural effects or influencing a group of mortals to kill someone. But not as many as if the god used a point of Attack.
You can raise armies with each influence point you spend. Each army has an Attack of 1 and Life of 1(not divinity).

Actions:
Unopposed Reasonable Actions affecting the world always succeed and are permanent unless opposed.
Reasonable is defined here as what is acceptable in the game world [When in doubt the GM will rule].
If opposed the 'Power' stat of the two gods in the conflict are used to determine the outcome.
If the opposing god wins then the action fails or its effect is twisted.
If the opposing god loses then the action takes effect.

Unreasonable actions can still affect the world and the rules for opposing actions still apply. However there is a chance based roll that is applied to unreasonable actions. This roll will determine if fate will punish the offending god for doing something against reality. If the dice favor the god, then nothing untoward happens, if they do not then 1d3 is rolled to determine damage and they can take that damage to any stat or spread it over any number of stats.
True negation of an action or event only can happen if the opposer wins an opposed power bid, however CLEVER gods can mitigate lots of effects. This illustrates that evil can always return and that good can never be truly vanquished.

:siren: If you want to do a thing, know that the cost of doing something will be different depending on what you want to do how much/many people you want to effect or amount of area you wish to do things to.

As a rule of thumb so we're all not constantly polling me for costs I will say that baseline:
Effecting the area/people of an average town or smaller may initially cost 1 influence or attack.
Large towns/Areas will cost 2.
Small Cities/areas will cost 3.
Average cities will cost 4.
Large Cities will cost 5.
To get a larger area, you can add them together to make it happen.
***Special buildings/places will be done on a need to know basis, to prevent metagaming.***

If you want to do something more than a simple action we can kind of use the following for a rule of thumb.
:smugwizard: Note: The GM determines cost. Not the player. Argue at your own peril.
Simple, extremely minor things: 0 added to influence cost. Using attack is a simple thing, it simply does what it does and the costs won't grow for attack.
Easy acts: 1 added to influence cost.
Middling acts: 2 added to influence cost.
Medium acts: 3 added to influence cost
Advanced acts: 4 added to influence cost
Hard acts: 5 added to influence cost.
Impossible things: 6 added to influence cost

:smugwizard: Note: Setting fires or other acts that can move out of control may affect more area or less depending on circumstances. If you pay the cost and no one opposes or wins, you at LEAST get what you paid for if not more. The only way you might get less is if someone mitigates your action which of course will have its own set of costs. So even if they can't stop you completely, they might provide relief in the aftermath of an act.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 9, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: Players and pertinent character info:

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

Amrom, Who Comes In Threes, Lord Of The Triad, The Answer

Domains: Domains: Industry, Sorcery, and Undeath
Darkness, Death

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ignatz the Douter.

Domains: Ignorance, Lies, and Fire

Vulin posted:

Meroth

Domains: God of Hatred, Terror, Revenge and Destruction

JamezBfod posted:

Mimsy of the Boro-groves

Domains: God of Nature, Elves, and Lore
Added: Empire

Commoners posted:

Gohdog, The Smiling Pig, The Feast Finder, The Expected Guest, The Bounty Bringer

Domains - Gluttony, Cheer, Hospitality, Travel, Prosperity, Good Luck, Fertility, Inebriation, and Peace

megane posted:

Cipher, Goddess of Prophecy, Mysteries, Legends, and Quests

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Platonis – God of Invention, Law, Education, and Perfection
Genetics, Science

Shogeton posted:

Maen, goddess of the Moon, Chaos, Madness, Love and Art
Oceans

pre:
Adventure       has been        - 
Art	        has been	-
Chaos	        has been	-
Cheer	        has been	-

Darkness        has been        -
Death           has been        -
Destruction	has been	-
Dreams          has been        - 
Education	has been	-
Elves	        has been	-
Empire          has been        -
Fertility	has been	-
Fire	        has been	-
Genetics        has been        -
Gluttony	has been	-
Good Luck	has been	-
Hatred	        has been	-
Hospitality	has been	-
Ignorance	has been	-
Industry	has been	-
Inebriation	has been	-
Invention	has been	-
Law	        has been	-
Legends	        has been	-
Lies	        has been	-
Lore	        has been	-
Love	        has been	-
Madness	        has been	-
Moon	        has been	-
Mysteries	has been	-
Nature	        has been	-
Oceans          has been        -
Peace	        has been	-
Perfection	has been	-
Prophecy	has been	-
Prosperity	has been	-
Punishment      has been        -
Quests	        has been	-
Revenge	        has been	-
Science         has been        -
Sorcery	        has been	-
Terror	        has been	-
Travel	        has been	-
Undeath	        has been	-

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 1, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Maps of the world in all views!

http://imgur.com/jewjv8E

http://imgur.com/yYD45qP

http://imgur.com/Qrk3atz

http://imgur.com/2Q2mKW3

The World (General)
Cipher: Ragnarok Preppers- Elementals have begun constructing safe places with supplies hidden away from civilization in multiple spots.

THE MOON
Maen: Calendars now no longer are able to track days by relying on the phases of the moon. This causes disorder and chaos at all levels of society. Work is getting done, but is much slowed. People are scared and now doubt things they've learned or take as a true fact. Animals and nature that are sensitive to the moon have now been had their cycles interfered with. Oceans now have rapidly strong tides on some days and on others the sea recedes far from shore. Fishermen and other people who rely on nature are bewildered.

The Sea
Maen: The song of Maen made the sea mammals curious. Its tunes and tones echoing through the waves in different patterns of thought and meaning. While no direct words were communicated or spoken, feelings were evoked among the intelligent listeners. The mammals heard Maen's song and soon felt a kinship with surface creatures rather than fear or curiosity. Those who did not hunt and fish for them if found bereft in the waves soon were guided to shores or other vessels. Those mammals that heard the message could feel love and protection emanating from the source. They felt loved, they felt trust, and they soon felt safe. Soon changes came over those that heard the goddess' message of love. They could form the language and communicate with any land dwellers in the water. Affects 1/5 of the water mammals.
Maen: Maen's dreams and nightmares were filled with dolphins and other sea mammals suffering. The men hunting them could feel the harpoons tearing their own flesh, the nets binding them as they screamed. All other imagery that Maen wanted and more gave them a clear warning. Hunt her protected creatures at their own peril. Many decided to give up whaling and fishing overnight. But the joblessness caused by the collapse of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes affected economies everywhere. Desperate men and women soon found work that was abandoned by more seasoned hands. If anything there were more willing to do the work than before. A warning unheeded coming from retired sailors.

• Bakhan
      The biggest warzone in the world is on the border between Drune and Bakhan. An ancient hatred exists between the these countries. They used to be unified under a single ruler, upon his death each of his twin sons tried to claim the crown for his own. One was valued for his strength and quick action the other for his knowledge and wise deliberations. As what all too often happens the land split. Brother against brother and then their descendants following suit as well. Citizens of Bakhan are seen as smart and often make the best choices, but only after they have weighed all their options.
    • Cipher: In both nations the agents of Cipher visited towns and villages. They inspired many more than would normally go to fight to try and be heroes and win the war for their side. It would be glorious. Others wanted peace, it was a jumble. The majority of people were entrenched in their hate for the other side so they would indeed fight. Far too few were around to shout down the majority.
    • Ignatz: Demagogs and pundits went around spreading the message of tradition to their peoples. From a political level on down to how to raise crops, they had an opinion. Fight the aggression of their neighboring oppressor states. Fight!
    • Gohdog: Due to the god of peace's actions there is now peace between Drune and Bakhan as well as Drukhan.
    • Bandit Forge -Citadel
      1. Information Holder
    • Brown Trees -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Buni -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Daston -AverageCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Pile -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Krast -LargeCity
      1. Anti-undead sentiment spread like wildfire amongst the citizens of Krast. They became almost like an Inquisition about undead hate.
    • Ksan -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • PinPines -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Port Scaro -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tekra -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Baron Kar Nor's Lands
    • Cursed Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Karnn -Small City
      1. In no other place could it be said that love could find no purchase or love but in the lands of Baron Kar Nor. In the cityfast of Karnn the lord of that land which once was connected to Beld in more than history slept through the day. At night would the cruel pleasures of the MASTER be inflicted upon the people. For to love is to bring the attention of the afflicted beast! Its identity unknown but its victims slaughtered. The laws were made to protect the people or so said the lord. For even under such laws where the forbidden act of young love was to happen, it too would end in tragedy. Therefore only those that hated one another were given unto marriage, fathers beat children and mothers provided no succor to the whelps at their breast. A miserable place. All for the Sin of the one who rules it. Who cast out his lady love into the wilderness for the love of a mistress.
        Maen: Maen and Meroth fought to break the curse over the baron and his lady love, Maen won out and the mistress struck a decisive blow against the beast. Setting themselves free. Systemic abuse is still the rule of the day in town and other curses exist but this one, is busted!

• Beld
      Platonis: Inspired the king to take a greater interest in the inventors of tik tok tower. Now, any inventions that fail or displease him see the apostate inventors landed in prison. Good inventors are rewarded.
    • Castwood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • D-Gate -Fortified Wall Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Tret -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Kurni -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Platonic Academy -AverageCIty
      1. Created by the god Platonis, it is a school focused on hard practical science and applied magic.
      2. Meroth: Created the Unstoppable Gralk.
      3. Mimsy: The elves go to learn and teach, but in smaller groups.
      4. Platonis: Created statue that had the voice of Platonis and non-dangerous knowledge and the ability to tell the difference in people asking dangerous questions, it was that good a construct. It educated people by asking leading questions, and then rewarding whoever answers correctly first with even more knowledge. Soon it became a competition to get to the statue first before anyone else. People camped out and others tried to monopolize it. Things eventually worked themselves out and a rotation was developed with certain times for certain students, or professors, or new students to ask.
    • Terly -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tik Tok Tower -ArtificerTower
      1. Platonis: Tik Tok tower within a week had built a functional printing press. The first of its kind in the world unaided by magical means. It was a wonder and marvel of technology. Paper would be needed from trees and other sources. The land however was plentiful! Soon orders went out to woodsman and logging companies for more wood to create paper. The press would soon be able to spread knowledge and news anywhere! Unfortunately, copying scribes found themselves out of jobs, mage grimores and spellbooks soon had spells copied and for sale to anyone with coin. Dangerous knowledge would soon be in the hands of novices. Dwarven and elvish news sources got hold of the designs and the first false gossip papers were posted. These happened to be more popular than the regular news. A fine mess and harder to dispel than rumors alone, many public figures had to crack down on personal freedoms or free speech.
        Mimsy: While recycling had its uses, the creators at Tik Tok Tower had very exacting specifications to many of its works for its many customers. Many if the lesser shops and businesses (of which there were many) picked up the practice for economic reasons. It wouldn't slow down the larger manufactories from consuming needlessly, it did slightly slow the rampant use or resources.(for now) It did however slow down industry and growth as well as the advance of civilization in this area in a large but not crippling way.
      2. Mimsy: Abated the rampant use of resources at Tik Tok Tower by giving the right businessmen and lumberjacks dreams about the right way to take from the environment. Talk of conservation was soon having a greater effect on the operations of the tower.
    • Two-Bit -LargeCity
      1. Platonis:A ship designer by the name of James Applehead came upon an idea. A vessel with multiple masts and a wavebreak in front of the ship. A new sleeker design would cut off the journey to other cities and continents by months. Pirates got the designs first but the designs will be used by everyone soon enough!

• Caruqosa
    • Caruqosa Castle -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Quein -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Rull -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Sepol -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Conclave of the Magi
      The Circle of the Magi are a very secretive group. They practice a form of magic unseen in other lands for they bind beings from beyond the mortal world into their spells. The first sacrifice of an initiate to begin to learn such ways (and to ensure their loyalty) is to give up their very soul to the leaders of the order for "safekeeping". Ascending into full mage status gives the user back his soul, and he can infuse the souls of other living things to give himself longevity and youth. They do not actively seek members and only those who come to them fully and willingly are allowed to become initiates of the order. People often seeking favors or magic which can only be seen as miraculous often pay large sums for their workings in their art of magic. Other forms of payment are taken as well. In any case the group seeks no worldly power of their own but could take much if they so desired.
    • Delus -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • The Vil -MageCommunity
      1. Information Holder

• Cult of the Dragon
    • Old Man Red Summit -Encampment
      1. Population wiped out by Mimsy
      2. Red claims possession of this territory.
    • Old Man Red's Mountain -Mountain
      1. .
      2. .
      3. Meroth makes the leading council of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes go to the mountain with gifts. They bargain their asses off to get the dragon not to eat them but help in their war upon the elves. Mimsy then seeing an opportunity kills them and threatens the dragon to mind his own business.
      4. Red claims possession of this territory.
    • The Four Waters (Laketown) -LargeTown
      1. LAKE MEN! Red claims possession of this territory.
    • Port Redban -AverageTown
      1. Red claims possession of this territory.
    • Sitha -AverageTown
    • Tivac -LargeTown
    • Whitescar -AverageTown

• Darklord's Domain
    • Cankine -SmallCity
      1. Taken by the Dark Lord for his domain. Domain from West Norn.
    • Castle Norn (West) -Castle
      1. Taken by force. Three Undead Bone Giants have taken up residence here.
    • Cravos' Tower -DarkTower
      1. It seems inert. There are traces of twisted power lingering here.

2. Amrom Awakens The Dark Lord of the Tower.
      3. The Dark Lord compels and his chosen rise up. Through nightmares and dreams he goads the jealous, the vengeful, the downtrodden. They did not disappoint. Necromancers and Sorcerers showed up from M.A.G.O.S along with engineers from outside the Dark Lord's tower. Fire and Industry would reign.
    • Dern -AverageTown
      1. Taken by the Dark Lord for his domain. Domain from West Norn.
    • Fort Neem -Fortress
      1. Taken by pursasion, added to the Dark Lord's Domain from West Norn.
    • Kine -AverageTown
      1. .
      2. Population Destroyed by Meroth
    • Morag Mar -ActiveVolcano
      1. Information Holder
    • Shadow Wood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
  • Darklord's Domain (Colonies)[Old Confederacy of MP]
    • CMP Castle -Castle
      1. Taken by Amrom's disciple, Azariah for the great lord of the dead.
    • Sersan -SmallCity
    • Valen -LargeTown
    • Yune -AverageTown

• Defae
    • Berona -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Defar Castle -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Forrest of Shades -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Meen -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Meinwar -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder

• Drukhan
      Gohdog: A nation created for peace between the nations of Drune and Bakhan.
    • Gohdog: Due to the god of peace's actions there is now peace between Drune and Bakhan as well as Drukhan.
    • Burgen -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Oliver -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Shelt -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Spar -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Stenn -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Victz -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Drune
      The biggest warzone in the world is on the border between Drune and Bakhan. An ancient hatred exists between the these countries. They used to be unified under a single ruler, upon his death each of his twin sons tried to claim the crown for his own. One was valued for his strength and quick action the other for his knowledge and wise deliberations. As what all too often happens the land split. Brother against brother and then their descendants following suit as well.
      Citizens of Drune favor strength and are often seen to make brash decisions, but are quick to respond to crises.
    • Cipher: In Drune the agents of Cipher visited towns and villages. They inspired many more than would normally go to fight to try and be heroes and win the war for their side. It would be glorious. Others wanted peace, it was a jumble. The majority of people were entrenched in their hate for the other side so they would indeed fight. Far too few were around to shout down the majority.
    • Ignatz: Demagogs and pundits went around spreading the message of tradition to their peoples. From a political level on down to how to raise crops, they had an opinion. Fight the aggression of their neighboring oppressor states. Fight!
    • Bloon -SmallCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Drune -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fillwood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Pitt -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Hort -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Klemm -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Onnah -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Osalt -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Placid Pool -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Still Waters -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Utna -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Dwarf hold
      Dwarfhold is one of the oldest kingdoms in the known world their empire's longevity even beyond the memory of the eldest of the elves histories. Their kingdom has the population concentrated of about 5 large cities under their mountain home. It all goes straight down(mostly).
      The Dwarves are ruled by one king and he is aided by 8 noble houses of varying influence and power. The heads of which meet in his council chambers. The current king's line has ruled for 2,000 years after a lengthy conflict known as the War of the Mines in which the current house beat the ancient line of kings, wiping them out. It was a long and bloody conflict that is still referred to as a warning against ambition. "Beware the 9th!" they would say referring the the insane/inbred old line of kings.
      Dwarven society is highly capitalistic and opportunistic. They are xenophobic when not engaged in the act of trade. They are not greedy but enjoy the fruits of their labors and leisure.
      Every dwarf is a fighting man due to sometimes delving too deep and unleashing some horror or other. Most can be delt with by axe and hammer, others have seen priceless treasures and ores lost when the mine needed to be collapsed to prevent the doom of the dwarven race.
      Dwarves can be found in small numbers in the world, merchants mostly plying dwarven wares.
      Dwarven technology employs ornate clockwork style machines and they are masters of the forge and artistry(when employed in making something worth selling but not for art's sake).
      Platonis: Ideas abound, exploration abounds. They will become a titan of invention and industry soon. Inventors are making protypes, engineers are working on ways to automate, and idea men are exploring and looking for ideas outside of Dwarfhold.
    • North (Entrance) -Fortified Entryway
      1. Gohdog: The dwarves laughed and sang, beer and ale being drunk with wild abandon. Dwarven lasses and men danced and sang together. The king and his advisors even got into the revelry. It was infectious, ambassadors, businessmen from far off lands were soon drawn into it. All from the smell of the enchanted pork of some escaped pigs. Food and drink was had by all in an orgy of drunken decadence. This however differed from what happened below...
    • South (Entrance) -Fortified Entryway
      1. Gohdog: Entrances dwarves to dig and dig deep. The stones whispered to them. "Come find me." The blackened deep called to them. "Delve into my secrets." The entity beyond the stone cackled madly.

• East Norn
      Cipher: Word of the Dragon and Dark Lord alerted the population that the old threats had returned. Fear and terror spread along with words of hope beyond an apocalypse. Time would tell to see if the nation would hide or fight the dragon or the Dark Lord, time would tell.
    • Castle Norn (East) -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Kelten -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Gartten -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • GNARM -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Narne -Large City
      1. Cipher: A huge adventurers guild opens up. The whole town is now basically an extension of the Adventurers' Guild. Adventurers all over the place.
    • Port Fold -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Port Serino -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • The Seer -Oracle
      1. Meroth: From the Seer at the Oracle in East Norn, hundreds of riders spread out to get out the message of the god of terror. Within a year, word of his return to the world will be everywhere.

• Elven Retreat
      The capital of the elves is the large castle sitting in the Elven Lands. The elves primarily exist in their nation's confines but go to many other wooded areas of the world. Many have spread to the many nations and cities when it became clear the Elves' would not retake their lands and the world. They are ruled by a Monarch who delegates the running of the realm to a council of the eldest and not often eldest but most gifted/wisest among the realm. Their buildings are made from living trees, earth and stone. The houses grow like thick trunked trees, with rooms forming sometimes years before the household are even contemplating children.

While some of the natural environment is used or destroyed by the elves it pales in comparison to the rest of the races on the planet. Elves also replace or make amends to the environment whenever possible. Magic and lore are used for such things.

The elven nation has not held up well after the last of their homeland had been stolen by the aggressive and highly industrial Confederacy of Merchant Princes. The princes used hired War-mages and Warlocks along with bribing several nations to have them send their best troops to fight on their behalf. The elves were generally winning with guerrilla tactics and their advanced magecraft but the Confederacy's greed and pockets were almost without limit. Attrition and the destruction of the forest they were trying to save made the elves sue for peace.

Over the bargaining table the elves were forced to sell off the majority of their land for a pittance. This satisfied other nations who took issue at the aggression that a "fair deal" had taken place. The elves referred to these lands as "the stolen lands" and the name has stuck ever since.

Mimsy: (Mimsy gave elven leaders dreams). The small yet neigh immortal Elven leaders stirred from their meditations, sleep having failed them long ago to rest a troubled mind and suddenly found themselves dreaming for the first time in a hundred years. Tears filled their wakeless eyes as the message became clear. The forest gods had returned. Or at least one had. Though she went by a different name, it was clear she was an elven deity. They were sure of it. Upon waking they would call their wisest to try and make sense of the dream. Was it an omen for the eventual return of elven supremacy over the world?

Platonis: Created: Loremasters are highly specialized druids and elves who can remake life itself.
    • Eternal Wellwater -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Forsk -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Eldra -Fortress
      1. .
      2. .
      3. The fort occupants are murdered by Mimsy's ghost army and the occupants replaced with Elven Forces.
    • M.A.G.O.S -WizardTower
      1. M.A.G.O.S tower is brimming and full of mortals. They use magic here of many schools and stripes. They have banned the use of necromancy and darker powers.
        Amrom: Soon infested the thoughts of the grand council of wizards and mages and turned them to those of necromancy. It was a shift that soon caused a schism within the school. Half of the school supported the old Grand Master Tel-ah of the Elves while the rest supported Under-master Drake of the Gnomes. Sorcery and necromancy was taught to all who would come to learn. Some with talent and others...well they would become the experiments yes? There wasn't outright warfare between the wizards for they all had sworn oaths against such things, but there was a race for knowledge on both sides, both trying to get an edge for when the inevitable would happen.
      2. Amrom defeats Ignatz and thwarts a plot to ruin necromancy. Necromancers swear to counter the followers of Ignatz wherever they are found.
    • Mithrashe -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Retreat Castle[/b] -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Sandy -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Silethne Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• Empire of Marek
      Known as the Empire of Marek "the pretender". Marek is an old nation with a new name. The queen of roses once ruled this land with a fair hand but was struck down by a false nobleman who claimed he was from another land. In truth he was Baldak the Craven, a leader of a mercenary company that was more bandit than military. When the queen hired his people to clear the Freak Forest of all of the undesireables and monsters, Baldak presented himself to the queen as a dandy by the name of Marek. He went from uncouth brute to a cultured wellspoken statesman. This was due to a magical ring he had found in some ruins within the quuen's lands. It made the person seem like what they desired. In no time Marek became the queen's consort and replaced her guard with his own men. Eventually the smitten queen found herself a prisoner in her own castle, when Marek was done he forced her to marry him and then in a moderate amount of time killed her. He would never go back to being Baldak and would tighten his hold over the kingdom in the intervening decades. Though Marek's secret is not so much a secret due to his own men's loose tongues, no one really cared enough to take him down. Daily life wasn't impacted by the common man and any nobles that had a problem with it stopped having problems when bribed with concessions.
      Marek isn't a terrible ruler but he is ruthless when pushed. He is far more willing to use non-violent methods in his current form than he was as Baldak.
      Magnus: Magnus helps those who cannot help themselves, he tries to eliminate dooming word of an apocalypse, fear mongering, terror, and "evil" self-destructive thought.
    • Antrap -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Bunken -SmallCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Marek -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • East Logging Site -LoggingCamp
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort ROTE -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Gar Gate -Gateway to the Dwarves
      1. Information Holder
    • Mysterious Ruins (???) -Ruins
      1. Information Holder
    • Stonemill -AverageCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Ventra -AverageTown
      1. Population Murdered by Meroth
    • Yinez -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder

• Erigon
    • Blue Lake -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Deadwoods -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Bane -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Graid -LargeTown
      1. Population destroyed by pretender the Earth Warden
    • IL-Gate -Gateway
      1. Information Holder
    • Tannerton -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tarsk -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Warmonger Kreel -Citadel
      1. Information Holder

• Florn
    • Battor Town -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Florn -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Zed -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Fuuth -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Lake Smuve -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Rencel -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Seaside -SmallCity
      1. Seaside in the nation of Florn seems to be the busiest port in the world. Its slightly cruder than other more developed towns but hosts a thriving community of people from all walks of life. It is the custom here to taken in penniless strangers for a night, feed and shelter them. The only thing the stranger must do in return is to be a polite guest and tell a tale in payment. Gohdog: He makes a prophet: The Most Generous Man suddenly turned around and his skin had turned into gold. Where he walked he spoke with a silver tongue as the fountains burst with brew and the granaries filled to overflowing bounties. All soon gained the blessing of Gohdog in a citywide celebration. A feast of bounty and drink, men and women soon paired off for a blessing of another kind. However some people took this blessing to mean they should no longer work and abandoned their professions for lives of parties and laziness. While many shook their heads at the layabouts and refused to join the jobless, no one raised a hand. For the Gohdog's blessings were nothing to be sneezed at.

Mimsy: Followers of the Gohdog were gifted by the goddess to have green thumbs.
      2. Gohdog enriches the people of seaside with the power of allegorical stories.
        ***City Destroyed by Meroth in year 2.
      3. Maen, Gohdog, Mimsy: The Goh-fu'di, the people of the road were founded from the refugees of Seaside. Gypsy-style travelers, they were gifted by many gods. They travel by wagon, follow the light of the moon and are accompanied by the oracles of Cipher.
    • TinyWood -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• Isle of the Freebooters
    • Baltugan -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Lights Hope -LightHouse(Special)
      1. Information Holder
    • Sandeen -SmallTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Silvermane -AverageTown
      1. Water Priests created, they range out far and wide over the seas and in port towns mostly. For now. They are powered only if they love someone else.

• Kesk
    • Brinn -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Kesk -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Far Wood -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Arken -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Kovar -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Lake Pook -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Led -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Mifel -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Omette -University
      1. Due to MAEN:Art is the rule of the day in Omette. Professions other than art have not been stamped out completely but basically if you want to be a mage or scientist or lawyer/doctor it will take a long time as teaching such things is now out of favor.
      2. Ignatz defeats Platonis and burns all the books of the greatest font of knowledge in the world.
    • Prill -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tea lit Forrest -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• New Elven Empire
    • FairWood/Deal -AverageCity
      1. Mimsy, Platonis, and Gohdog: The city became alive. The people fled to the west. Vines and trees burst from the houses and homes, the streets carpeted in flowers and grass. The city became an elf's dream. A living city that could be communed with. Peace reigned in the former polluted streets. Flowers and gentle leaves caressed the skin, hard bark and branches sprouted from the homes. Not a single man was harmed in its making, but the town was now unlivable to men who weren't elves or druids.
        Cipher: After the town's transformation A shrine appears in the former city of FairWood, its pristine beauty almost screaming in the silence. Cipher soon appeared. Immortal. Mysterious. Patient. Those that would come in time would come and see.
        Ignaz: The refugees who were traveling and running for their very lives and sanity suddenly were struck with odd thoughts. No matter the pleading of those unaffected by whatever madness had infected the rest, people cried and screamed in misery as they watched their relatives and loved ones march back to the forest of where they had come. It took many blistering days and nights of fasting and starvation during the march back without supplies to make it. Eyes feverish, the people clawed their way like animals back into FairWood. Inside at first sight there was an unearthly shrine which gave the people pause...

Then they laid eyes on Cipher. A living goddess. In the cores of their beings, the people KNEW what she was. Minds shattered. People killed themselves or murdered others. An orgy took place in one area while cannibalism took place in another. Both at the same time were just as frequent. The people here would all be mentally useless. But not all of them. A handful escaped the chaos and hid in the ruins of an old bakery inside the old stove oven. These had the gift of prophecy or force of will to be leaders and could be useful to a god with the right talents.
      2. Cipher: The Oracles were created and soon began trying to train men and women into heroes by spreading out as far as they could. In some cases they jumped into wandering bands of Goh-fu'di caravans, they soon became a part of their culture and people began to think that perhaps the Goh-fu'di were a blessed people. Elves soon found their way into FairWood and they began to train. Some showed great promise yet it seemed something was missing to make them truly heroic, they did all become sorcerers however. Maybe with many years of training and time they would be heroes or great sidekicks for them, but for now they didn't have what it took. FairWood soon became well guarded and secure, even for the insane.

Cipher: The forest grows outward from fairwood and soon the area around it is filled with darkness, foul beasts, and soon the rampaging killing machines. Indeed fairwood was now almost an island in the nation of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. NO ONE wanted to go there. Only the elves trained in fairwood could guide people into and out of the town without running afoul of the defenses.

Maen: Turned the insane humans in Fairwood into werewolves. They have regeneration, great strength, shapeshifting ability between man, wolf and wolfman. Their only sustenance is human flesh. On the full moon, they get really hungry. They will also always be mad, even if they weren't before they transformed. Humans that eat the flesh of werewolves, either through free will, force or trickery will also become werewolves. Non-human races are not favored prey, nor can they change into werewolves. They do not have a weakness to silver, but they can be entranced by singing. They leave the Oracles alone.
        The Oracles have moved out of Fairdeal. Its too crowded and anyone who comes to visit is mauled. The elves take their leave too, for it is too wild a place now.
      3. Mimsy: Though this place is technically on the map as being under the New Elven Empire's Umbrella, people of almost any land don't go near it.
    • Flsken -LargeTown
      1. Mimsy: The town population were turned into Elves and soon fell under Mimsy's dominion.
    • Returned Lands -Forest
      1. The Returned lands were taken from the elves in relatively recent times(for elves) by the Confederacy of Merchant Princes in a military action for logging and exploitation of its natural resources. Several tree Ents have been using tiny tribes of orcs and goblins and human druid activists to try and sabotage their efforts. It isn't working because the Confederacy has a large mercenary army with many mages-for-hire on their payroll keeping them at bay.
      2. Mimsy: At last! The forest came back into elven hands!
    • Woena -LargeTown
      1. Mimsy: The town population were turned into Elves and soon fell under Mimsy's dominion.

[list]
    • Troll Father's Realm[list]
      Amrom: Azariah awoke with terrible new knowledge. He knew he would need to do one thing to appease his god. He needed to slay the Troll Father. First he would travel the land and gather those to his side that he could impress with his powers. Next he would need to go to the boneyards where all trolls went to die. There he would raise an army. An army of the dead. Only his god could empower him to do it, if he willed it. Azariah began his journey and would call upon his god as the time came.
    • Ill Tree Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder

• Turlac
    • Castle Turlac -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Grimn -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Hume -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Nearone -SmallCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Ruck -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • The Scrubs -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Zent -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• Valk
      Valk is a nation of magical inventions, most of which do not work well at all. This is due to there being higher concentrations of magic in the land than most places. Leylines and places of power can be found almost under every rock and tree(not literally). The nation of Valk is extremely different from others because their leader is elected for terms not to exceed 10 years. Election years held every decade are celebrated like holidays, the people having festivals and casting their votes via magical counters. Most of Valk's people avoid Mount Green even though it is rumored that one could find their fate after visiting there. A large population of Beastmen resides in Valk in the south while a massive population of Orcs resides in the north. The Beastmen often leave the rest of the world at large alone while the Orcs shun outsiders. There are clashes often between Valk and Beld and fewer but messier clashes with the Empire of Marek along the borders of Valk. There are no agreements between the nations but they aren't exactly at war either.
    • Aovtar -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Beast Realm -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Valk -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Club Forest -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort Fax -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Garo -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Green Mountain Monestary -AverageTown
      1. .
      2. .
      3. Created by Ignatz influencing others, a monument to ignorance and peace. Not all monks have all powers, only the abbot has the supreme ignorance. The top level monks know one or two abilities and your name, the mid tier ones can ignore most things like pain and physical limits, lower level initiates try to forget or train to become grandly...blank.
    • Highlock -Small City
      1. Information Holder
    • Iennre -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Madden -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Mount Green -Mountain
      1. Ignatz: Weed and Fermenting Ents are now twice as effective here, but only on Mount Green!
    • Narshe -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Orc Woods -Forest
      1. In the Orc woods, the orcs live a simple existence. Living in camps with small fires of collected grass, leaves, and twigs for stealth they raid the surrounding communities outside of the forest for the things they need. Food in the forest is plentiful and they forage there and supplement their meager stores with raiding. They don't often kill when they raid, but have been known to carry off a person or two (usually a craftsman of one kind or another).
    • Pelten -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Secret -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Selanz -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • South Logging Camp -LoggingSite
      1. Information Holder
    • Tippe -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Tippors -MageTower
      1. Tippors tower is home to a family of scholars and inventors.
    • Wake Swamp -Lake/Swamp
      1. Information Holder
    • West Logging Camp -LoggingSite
      1. Information Holder

• Vernak
    • Bippen -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Castle Vernak -Castle
      1. Information Holder
    • Drud -Garrison
      1. Information Holder
    • Eddgerton -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Epaon -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Fort ASP -Fortress
      1. Information Holder
    • Gourt -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Krillmen Loch -Lake
      1. Information Holder
    • Seerna -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Teeb -LargeTown
      1. Information Holder
    • Toame -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder
    • Tugan Town -AverageTown
      1. Information Holder

• West Norn
      1. Information Holder
    • Hollows -Forest
      1. Information Holder
    • Nane -LargeCity
      1. Information Holder

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 24, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Cravos' tower seems inert. You can sense the traces of twisted power lingering here. M.A.G.O.S tower is brimming and full of mortals. They use magic here of many schools and stripes. They have banned the use of necromancy and darker powers. Tippors tower was home to a family of scholars and inventors.

Choose a mortal and MAKE him worthy!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren: Remember to state how many people your "chosen ones" may be helping see the light.
Also to everyone, posts should follow the following format:

NAME

Fluffy text that without OOC text I can and WILL misinterpret.

OOC TEXT: The nuts and bolts of what you're really doing. You're not just influencing one guy or 6 to make/bring a message. He's going to be running down a certain amount of people. He's your tool but his progress is going to be slow as gently caress if you don't help it along with influence. So if you don't want him to have a church of 5 people in his mom's basement I need WHO, WHAT, WHERE, and WHEN (and how much/many) [if applicable]. Also if people haven't already(you know who you are) how much stats are you spending on this? I need that in PMs. If none don't be surprised if nothing really happens.

more details at the bottom of the post here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=426727917 in case this was missed.

edit: Also if you want to have a prophet or hero or something, you can definitely have one. [its not free but you're wasting points if you just make him and he's not doing poo poo] Pick where he's from and so long as he comes from obscurity and isn't the ruler of the land you can give him a name like bob and make him a wise man or prophet or whatever. I do have NPCs made but they aren't necessary for you guys to do things.

Also, you all have limited omniscience. If you ask me a question, any question I will answer. So if you ask me, which is the spookiest town in the world? It might be easier than asking me about 3-5 towns at a time until we get to the spookiest. If you want the evilest man, the hottest woman, or the best king. They're out there and I will produce them. However feel free to forge a few guys from lowly origins into agents you care about. This game will do well.

Just don't make too many ok? I don't want to enforce a limit on you guys.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 9, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Just an FYI, I'll answer many questions to help you make actions. I'll resolve actions when I think everyone has posted what they want to do. Edit all your posts or make another post with all the actoins(that I haven't resolved) when this is done.

Megane: The myth most believed in the world is the one of Orlock the Candlemaker. Orlock was once an apprentice candlemaker who rose to prominence by swearing to kill a monster menacing an ancient kingdom. His misadventures had him trying to slay a windmill, guess the name of a spirit who could turn buttermilk into gold, and other hilarious things. Eventually he became king through no fault of his own due to him actually being a bastard of the previous monarch.

Jamezbfod: In the Orc woods, the orcs live a simple existence. Living in camps with small fires of collected grass, leaves, and twigs for stealth they raid the surrounding communities outside of the forest for the things they need. Food in the forest is plentiful and they forage there and supplement their meager stores with raiding. They don't often kill when they raid, but have been known to carry off a person or two (usually a craftsman of one kind or another)
The stolen lands were taken from the elves in relatively recent times(for elves) by the Confederacy of Merchant Princes in a military action for logging and exploitation of its natural resources. Several tree Ents have been using tiny tribes of orcs and goblins and human druid activists to try and sabotage their efforts. It isn't working because the Confederacy has a large mercenary army with many mages-for-hire on their payroll keeping them at bay.

Commoners: Seaside in the nation of Florn seems to be the busiest port in the world. Its slightly cruder than other more developed towns but hosts a thriving community of people from all walks of life. It is the custom here to taken in penniless strangers for a night, feed and shelter them. The only thing the stranger must do in return is to be a polite guest and tell a tale in payment.
The biggest warzone in the world is on the border between Drune and Bakhan. An ancient hatred exists between the these countries. They used to be unified under a single ruler, upon his death each of his twin sons tried to claim the crown for his own. One was valued for his strength and quick action the other for his knowledge and wise deliberations. As what all too often happens the land split. Brother against brother and then their descendants following suit as well. Citizens of Drune favor strength and are often seen to make brash decisions, but are quick to respond to crises. Citizens of Bakhan are seen as smart and often make the best choices, but only after they have weighed all their options.

Miltonslavemasta: I'm guessing your prophet is going to try and influence the whole area? That will cost about 3-5 large cities... If its just fluff or trying to get the word out about you that's cool too. It won't cost a mint then.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok, it seems everyone posted but Mr. Fowl. If he doesn't post by this evening he misses out on the update. I wanted to give everyone a chance to get used to how this stuff is working.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok just a mini-progress thing. I'm working a way into the map post to keep track of the happenings in the lands and towns in the first posts. I'm slowly but surely banging it out. If anyone is directly opposing anyone else make sure that both parties send me bids of their power points in an updated PM with all other unresolved acts.

I saw a question asked in IRC so I'll answer it here. There will be no gangbangs or dogpiling all at once in combat. Ever. Its been clearly stated already. But in case anyone missed it. NO.

If people want to stand in line to try and stop a mad god from doing an influence action. They can. There will be no pooling of points. If you want to mitigate some of what another god does after the fact, remember you can by doing your own action. For Example: You will never completely erase a curse from the vampire village(unless you use attack and erase them from existence) with influence but may confine the problem to a certain bloodline, passing it through virgins, or some other thing.
If you want to make a problem as manageable as possible. Have another god do something to help clean it (mostly) up. Make vampires sparkle, whatev.

Working together is like bringing together different craftsman and workers to build a house. One guy works on plumbing and another electric and so on. The plumber holding his hand over the electrician's hand and they both screwing a light fixture in together won't work. If you want to make something great and work with others you definitely can.

To help you make your action Jamezbfod: The capital of the elves is the large castle sitting in the Elven Lands. The elves primarily exist in their nation's confines but go to many other wooded areas of the world. Many have spread to the many nations and cities when it became clear the Elves' would not retake their lands and the world.

Elves are longed lived and value the wisdom and knowledge of the oldest of them. They are not truely considered adults until about 50 years of age and even then considered to be children in the eyes of most. They are ruled by a Monarch who delegates the running of the realm to a council of the eldest and not often eldest but most gifted/wisest among the realm. Their buildings are made from living trees, earth and stone. The houses grow like thick trunked trees, with rooms forming sometimes years before the household are even contemplating children.

While some of the natural environment is used or destroyed by the elves it pales in comparison to the rest of the races on the planet. Elves also replace or make amends to the environment whenever possible. Magic and lore are used for such things.

The elven nation has not held up well after the last of their homeland had been stolen by the aggressive and highly industrial Confederacy of Merchant Princes. The princes used hired War-mages and Warlocks along with bribing several nations to have them send their best troops to fight on their behalf. The elves were generally winning with guerrilla tactics and their advanced magecraft but the Confederacy's greed and pockets were almost without limit. Attrition and the destruction of the forest they were trying to save made the elves sue for peace.

Over the bargaining table the elves were forced to sell off the majority of their land for a pittance. This satisfied other nations who took issue at the aggression that a "fair deal" had taken place. The elves referred to these lands as "the stolen lands" and the name has stuck ever since.

There are small elven populations in many of the wooded areas around the world. Remnants from back when the Elves had a sizeable empire spanning the globe.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Ok there seems to be some confusion here!

State if you're attacking/destroying a town(ATTACK). Or making the town unlivable(INFLUENCE) in OOC.

To destroy a town without killing more than a tiny token dunk guy while the rest of the people escape, That's ATTACK. You use your ATTACK stat. Not influence. The theme of the destruction DOESN'T MATTER.

If you want to kill the people of the town and leave real estate alone: That's ATTACK. You use your ATTACK stat. Not influence. The theme of the destruction DOESN'T MATTER.

Attacks by gods onto mortal targets/the mortal world aren't blocked by anything. The game is designed specifically this way.

If you want to for example say, make a place unlivable or something like growing a forest in town around the buildings and leave the town intact, that's INFLUENCE. The town isn't destroyed and there is a possibility to have this act fixed through other actions or blocked with the POWER stat.

Manifesting: It costs one Power stat point to manifest somewhere. You are manifesting in one place at a time. Teleporting around (on the world) is going to cost you. Appearing before mortals and the mortal world is going to cost you. There's not two of you or ten of you. Just one.
Talking to people directly is going to gently caress them up. You're a god. Get used to it. They're going to become assholes, they're going to have personality shifts, some will become tyrants or saints, others will kill themselves from benefiting from the perfection that is your presence and words.
If you want to make all this horribleness not happen, talk to them in dreams, through prophets or prophecy, messages carved into stone, have them talk to a burning bush.

:siren:Also like I've asked before. If I haven't resolved anything in the game for a cycle of actions: When you send me a PM I don't want a tiny increment on top of the other 5 messages you've sent me. (questions are OK!) I want everything that I haven't resolved in a single coherent PM. That way my PM box doesn't get full. I can then delete the older outdated messages and have a neat 8 messages. (one for each player) I've emptied my inbox (because of fullness) but I have no idea how many things I've missed and points were spent while it was full.
I want ONE PM post for point expenditures and what for. No need to change thread posts.

:siren: If I find people aren't listening and I have to open 10 mails, I'm going to eat all your points and solve the last and latest thing.

If someone is blocking you doing something, I need your power bids too.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Maen - Kesk, University of Omette
PRO ART CLICK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDRFDdhdxvI

Six artists came. The musician was eyeless, the painter was deaf, the dancer was mute, the singer was crippled, the sculptor could feel no love but through his work, and the storyteller was gripped by madness his stories both inspiring awe and terror.

Some of the six had lost lovers, some had lost children, fortune and comfort. They came from unimportant little villages of mud and obscurity. They would have fallen into the pit of mediocrity and broken dreams if not for the call of the goddess. The touch of true love and inspiration.

The university was one of knowledge, law, and order. It appreciated art but didn't truly SEE. A revolution against the stagnant faculty would be needed. Old instructors cast out for the new and younger generation. No one would be killed of course, but if violence were necessary for change and for art to flourish it would be applied.

Within weeks, the changes to the institution would make waves not only in Kesk, but the entire world.

Ok art is the rule of the day in Omette. Professions other than art have not been stamped out completely but basically if you want to be a mage or scientist or lawyer/doctor it will take a long time as teaching such things is now out of favor.

Ignatz - Kesk, University of Omette

In the aftermath of the artistic explosion which set back more advanced and literate forms of study, Ignatz struck again. Lesser Professors with mis-knowledge that were once kept in check by more learned professors swept aside by Maen were granted a new terrible academic validity by Ignatz amongst the ravenous masses left out in the cold by the revolution. 2+2=0, Wounds should be bled by leeches and then left open to heal and other ignorant acts became common knowledge. Degrees from Omette were now no better than arse-wiping paper.

pre:
Art	        has been	Advanced
Chaos	        has been	Advanced
Cheer	        has been	Advanced
Destruction	has been	Setback
Education	has been	Setback
Elves	        has been	Unaffected
Fertility	has been	Unaffected
Fire	        has been	Unaffected
Gluttony	has been	Unaffected
Good Luck	has been	Unaffected
Hatred	        has been	Setback
Hospitality	has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Unaffected
Inebriation	has been	Advanced
Invention	has been	Unaffected
Law	        has been	Setback
Legends	        has been	Advanced
Lies	        has been	Unaffected
Lore	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Advanced
Madness	        has been	Unaffected
Moon	        has been	Unaffected
Mysteries	has been	Unaffected
Nature	        has been	Unaffected
Peace	        has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Advanced
Prophecy	has been	Unaffected
Prosperity	has been	Unaffected
Quests	        has been	Unaffected
Revenge	        has been	Unaffected
Sorcery	        has been	Setback
Terror	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Unaffected
Undeath	        has been	Unaffected
Meroth - East Norn, The Seer
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19G0I7xHQBM

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The Oracle screamed. Blood ran red from the fountains and black tendrils grew from the walls of the temple. Shadows darkened and the acolytes screamed and ran as a minor earthquake stuck the temple of The Seer. A horde of dark clouds blocked out the sun as the Oracle chanted in tongues, only the most senior and hard-nosed scribes daring to take down the words.

Meroth, Lord of Terror, Viper of Vengance, King of hatred, and Emperor of Destruction had spoken!

The message was received! From the Seer at the Oracle in East Norn, hundreds of riders spread out to get out the message of the god of terror. Within a year, word of his return to the world will be everywhere.

pre:
Art	        has been	Unaffected
Cheer	        has been	Setback
Destruction	has been	Unaffected
Education	has been	Unaffected
Hatred	        has been	Unaffected
Hospitality	has been	Unaffected
Ignorance	has been	Unaffected
Love	        has been	Unaffected
Madness	        has been	Advanced
Mysteries	has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Unaffected
Prophecy	has been	Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Unaffected
Platonis - Beld, Tik Tok Tower
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUQIKnrZVTM

The king awoke from a marvelous dream. One in which a god came to him and told him to take a greater interest in the inventors of tik tok tower. Now, any inventions that fail or displease him see the apostate inventors landed in prison. Good inventors who meet with success are rewarded, failures are punished or banished. While this may seem a harsh thing.

It actually worked to make inventors try really hard in the kingdom.

Those banished soon bore a grudge against their more astute rivals and launched even more outlandish and amazing inventions!

Tik Tok tower within a week had built a functional printing press. The first of its kind in the world unaided by magical means. It was a wonder and marvel of technology. Paper would be needed from trees and other sources. The land however was plentiful! Soon orders went out to woodsman and logging companies for more wood to create paper. The press would soon be able to spread knowledge and news anywhere! Unfortunately, copying scribes found themselves out of jobs, mage grimores and spellbooks soon had spells copied and for sale to anyone with coin. Dangerous knowledge would soon be in the hands of novices. Dwarven and elvish news sources got hold of the designs and the first false gossip papers were posted. These happened to be more popular than the regular news. A fine mess and harder to dispel than rumors alone, many public figures had to crack down on personal freedoms or free speech.

The king of Beld punishes or banishes terrible inventions/inventors. Good inventors are rewarded. Banished inventors in other lands work as hard or harder than Beld inventors in rivalry.

Platonis - Beld, Two-Bit
MUSIC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0zm1Blykn8

A ship designer by the name of James Applehead came upon an idea. A vessel with multiple masts and a wavebreak in front of the ship. A new sleeker design would cut off the journey to other cities and continents by months! Now if only he could find someone to believe him! After going from shipbuilder to shipbuilder he finally found someone to take on his designs. A peg-legged builder with an eyepatch. He called himself "Bloody-Dan". Applehead found the man to be most agreeable to his designs and even bought him several drinks. Such a nice man that Bloody-dan he thought.

It wasn't until morning that the constables found the body, the designs and drawings missing.

The designs will proliferate around the world. Pirates got them first, but the shipwrights that James showed the plans to will remember details and YES eventually everyone will be using them.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Unaffected
Cheer	        has been	Unaffected
Education	has been	Advanced
Hatred	        has been	Advanced
Ignorance	has been	Setback
Industry	has been	Advanced
Inebriation	has been	Unaffected
Invention	has been	Advanced
Law	        has been	Advanced
Legends	        has been	Unaffected
Lies	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Setback
Nature	        has been	Setback
Peace	        has been	Unaffected
Prosperity	has been	Advanced
Revenge	        has been	Advanced
Sorcery	        has been	Advanced
Terror	        has been	Unaffected
Travel	        has been	Advanced
Amrom - Elven Retreat, M.A.G.O.S

Among those who studied at M.A.G.O.S, there were elves and men and beings of many races. Amrom soon infested the thoughts of the grand council of wizards and mages and turned them to those of necromancy. It was a shift that soon caused a schism within the school. Half of the school supported the old Grand Master Tel-ah of the Elves while the rest supported Under-master Drake of the Gnomes. Sorcery and necromancy was taught to all who would come to learn. Some with talent and others...well they would become the experiments yes?

There wasn't outright warfare between the wizards for they all had sworn oaths against such things, but there was a race for knowledge on both sides, both trying to get an edge for when the inevitable would happen.

Amrom - The Troll Father's realm

Azariah awoke with terrible new knowledge. He knew he would need to do one thing to appease his god. He needed to slay the Troll Father. First he would travel the land and gather those to his side that he could impress with his powers. Next he would need to go to the boneyards where all trolls went to die. There he would raise an army. An army of the dead. Only his god could empower him to do it, if he willed it. Azariah began his journey and would call upon his god as the time came.

He thinks he needs to kill the Troll Father to cement your power in this world. The Troll Father is a semi-immortal being that it would take a literal army to kill. Azeriah thinks the Troll Father will not go with your plans for the trolls. He will walk the lands and gather followers but they won't be warriors unless you call them up with influence.

pre:
Destruction	has been	Advanced
Elves	        has been	Advanced
Love	        has been	Setback
Quests	        has been	Advanced
Undeath	        has been	Advanced
Gohdog - Florn,Seaside
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEV4GnnzE7Y

The Most Generous Man suddenly turned around and his skin had turned into gold. Where he walked he spoke with a silver tongue as the fountains burst with brew and the granaries filled to overflowing bounties. All soon gained the blessing of Gohdog in a citywide celebration. A feast of bounty and drink, men and women soon paired off for a blessing of another kind. However some people took this blessing to mean they should no longer work and abandoned their professions for lives of parties and laziness. While many shook their heads at the layabouts and refused to join the jobless, no one raised a hand. For the Gohdog's blessings were nothing to be sneezed at.

You make a priest/prophet in The Most Generous man. The blessing is received by all. Many people interpret your message differently. Your appearance at least wasn't seen by any but your prophet, and its your good luck that it was.

pre:
Fertility	has been	Advanced
Gluttony	has been	Advanced
Good Luck	has been	Advanced
Industry	has been	Setback
Law	        has been	Unaffected
Lore	        has been	Unaffected
Mysteries	has been	Unaffected
Peace	        has been	Advanced
Revenge	        has been	Setback
Terror	        has been	Setback
Mimsy, Platonis, and Gohdog - The Confederacy of Merchant Princes, Fairdeal

Platonis begins to try and stop Mimsy from working his will upon FairDeal but cannot match the raw strength and power of the might that is Mimsy. It almost seemed as if nature would have its way when suddenly from out of nowhere the Gohdog budah-pig of peace locked his own inescapable power upon this place.

The planet screamed and all gods could hear it. Then it happened.

The city became alive. The people fled to the west. Vines and trees burst from the houses and homes, the streets carpeted in flowers and grass. The city became an elf's dream. A living city that could be communed with. Peace reigned in the former polluted streets. Flowers and gentle leaves caressed the skin, hard bark and branches sprouted from the homes. Not a single man was harmed in its making, but the town was now unlivable to men who weren't elves or druids.

Something amazing happened. I'm going to PM you both something as well.

pre:
Lore	        has been	Unaffected
Mysteries	has been	Advanced
Nature	        has been	Advanced
Travel	        has been	Setback
Cipher - Worldwide

A small, tiny population about the size of a tiny village cropped up. They were magical and supernatural. They hid in mystery from the rest of the world in solitude. Many types of many elements and kinds were they, subject to the myth and mystery of the lands they walked. Sightings were rare but hunters and sightseers alike had their imaginations set aflame.

No ruins or mazes yet. Their aren't many of them at all considering. The elementals roamed as they would and protected the secrets of the leylines.

pre:
Law	        has been	Unaffected
:smugwizard: Ok, Commoners and Jamezbfod. I will PM you shortly. Everyone else please subtract points normally. If I PMed you with a special instruction take it.

:siren: The year is not yet over. Spend what you want or keep the points. Make a post letting me know either way in ooc text if you aren't!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

megane posted:

Cipher

to the first people to return (who I assume will be elves, and probably druids).
Just for clarity: No one for the foreseeable future is coming. Unless you or someone else pays for people to come back. You can still do your action though.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
(Shogeton) Maen: In no other place could it be said that love could find no purchase or love but in the lands of Baron Kar Nor. In the cityfast of Karnn the lord of that land which once was connected to Beld in more than history slept through the day. At night would the cruel pleasures of the MASTER be inflicted upon the people. For to love is to bring the attention of the afflicted beast! Its identity unknown but its victims slaughtered. The laws were made to protect the people or so said the lord. For even under such laws where the forbidden act of young love was to happen, it too would end in tragedy. Therefore only those that hated one another were given unto marriage, fathers beat children and mothers provided no succor to the whelps at their breast. A miserable place. All for the Sin of the one who rules it. Who cast out his lady love into the wilderness for the love of a mistress.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Mr. Fowl posted:

Ignatz the Douter

Pending this action, the Merchant Princes and the People of Fairdeal will be no more--and as far as they're concerned they never were. I am taking their memories and replacing them with new ones. They will believe henceforth that they have always lived as people of the wood. It is my hope that someone nearby will adopt them.

:smugwizard: Um, what exactly do you mean. If you're talking about dismantling the entire system of government of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes you're asking for a tall order. If you're talking about just the leading council of princes that's more doable. But you're not dismantling the system without a major point investment. You'd have to affect every city and town at least to a middle management level. Mayors are usually merchants, local lawmakers are usually merchants, governors or anyone in any position of authority are merchants. All vying to one day elevate their families to the ruling council.

Its a simple act but you'd need a wide net to affect the area. If you've got the points then cool.

If you're talking about the people in charge of Fairdeal along with the population of Fairdeal that's alot easier.(and less costly!)

:smugwizard: Shogeton: If you're asking me questions for future reference I'm going to need italicized OOC text. I'll answer for now but I don't want to miss anything if that makes sense?

Maen: Its easy for Maen to find out that the Baron truely loves his Mistress and has fallen out of love with his wife. The causes were many and not petty. The biggest was that she was unable to bear him a male heir, but also that she was a ball-busting harpy and had dalliances with other men and was not discrete about them.
Baron Kar Nor: had a small trace of affection for his ex-wife but that soon turned to cruelty as the striga-like woman taught him to hate her. The Baron loves his mistress but knows if he marries her the striga will come for her like she has other loving couples.
The beast is also a creature of hatred now, a curse born of her passions and desires to keep her husband. The Baron too had affairs and it was discovering this that precipitated the argument that saw her cast from the manor and into the wilderness. She may still have faint feelings of love for the Baron but vengeance is the biggest motivator in her heart.
The mistress was possibly the most innocent of all of this. Unable to turn the attentions of the Baron, the young farm girl found that she could live a life of luxury and have no wants. She did not love the baron at first, but she too grew to love him over time. A dark secret, it was when the baron cast out his old wife that she could come into the light and bask in love with her soulmate. Unfortunately the baron has now kept her in a tower, unassailable by almost anyone. The baron secretly gazes upon her in wistful thinking in her sleep through a peephole. He dare not express love of her for fear the beast will come for her.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Mar 19, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: :siren: For future posts!: When you post affecting an area or manifesting somewhere I want a location put in next to your name in the format I currently use for my own posts. I want the nation name(if any) and the city/place where it or you is happening. :siren:
      • Severe PUNISHMENTS and terrible MISHAPS will be horrifying and extremely detrimental to your domain (and hence your god's) advancement

Another item to note, if you're actually doing actions they need to be posted in thread. No secret stuff. If I've somehow misread everything and missed it my apologies. But yes for future reference if you're doing things I need a charactery post. If you're asking me questions thats ok, but if you're actually doing something we're going to keep it all above board!

Cipher - The Confederacy of Merchant Princes, Fairdeal

A shrine appears in the former city of Fairdeal, its pristine beauty almost screaming in the silence. Cipher appeared. Immortal. Mysterious. Patient. Those that would come in time would come and see.

Woah. This will be interesting as hell I have to say.

pre:
Mimsy - Elven Refuge

The small yet neigh immortal Elven leaders stirred from their meditations, sleep having failed them long ago to rest a troubled mind and suddenly found themselves dreaming for the first time in a hundred years. Tears filled their wakeless eyes as the message became clear. The forest gods had returned. Or at least one had. Though she went by a different name, it was clear she was an elven deity. They were sure of it. Upon waking they would call their wisest to try and make sense of the dream. Was it an omen for the eventual return of elven supremacy over the world?

The elves will know about you but only those that had the dream will not doubt you are what you are.

Mimsy - Beld, Tik Tok Tower

While recycling had its uses, the creators at Tik Tok Tower had very exacting specifications to many of its works for its many customers. Many if the lesser shops and businesses (of which there were many) picked up the practice for economic reasons. It wouldn't slow down the larger manufactories from consuming needlessly, it did slightly slow the rampant use or resources.(for now) It did however slow down industry and growth as well as the advance of civilization in this area in a large but not crippling way.

A minor dent in pollution and lessening of resource use.

Mimsy - Florn, Seaside

Followers of the Gohdog suddenly found they had a knack for growing barley and hops. This gladdened the fattening people who were just now learning the divine art of the brew. People in general were happier for this.

pre:
Invention	has been	Setback
Ignatz - Confederacy of Merchant Princes, Fairdeal

The refugees who were traveling and running for their very lives and sanity suddenly were struck with odd thoughts. No matter the pleading of those unaffected by whatever madness had infected the rest, people cried and screamed in misery as they watched their relatives and loved ones march back to the forest of where they had come. It took many blistering days and nights of fasting and starvation during the march back without supplies to make it. Eyes feverish, the people clawed their way like animals back into Fairdeal. Inside at first sight there was an unearthly shrine which gave the people pause...

Then they laid eyes on Cipher. A living goddess. In the cores of their beings, the people KNEW what she was. Minds shattered. People killed themselves or murdered others. An orgy took place in one area while cannibalism took place in another. Both at the same time were just as frequent. The people here would all be mentally useless. But not all of them. A handful escaped the chaos and hid in the ruins of an old bakery inside the old stove oven. These had the gift of prophecy or force of will to be leaders and could be useful to a god with the right talents.

Yeah this was setup from earlier so you marched them into the grinder. There's about a dozen or so useful people out of the large population that any god can use that didn't revert to an animal or had their minds turn off on them. [note: almost everyone is still alive, they're just crazypeople in the woods now]

pre:
Meroth vs Maen [in the mind of the mistress] Baron Kar Nor's Lands, Kaarn/Cursed Forest

The mistress reeled from the visions that cloaked their true sources while showing her the purity of their purpose. It all became so clear, the hate and torment separating her from purity and love. It would be easy, oh so easy to call him to her. Grasping the silver sword in hand she shattered the bindings and very door to her prison in one stroke. What lay there deep inside, deep inside her heart and could she obey? Guardsmen and servants alike ran from the look on her face, contorted with emotion. The blade seethed and hissed then thrummed with sparkling light.

"I am Mina and I will be FREE!" She shouted as the Baron himself rushed to stop her from leaving. Standing there heaving, the moon glinting on the blade in the hateful darkness outside the man she waited. Almost immediately the Beast arrived perhaps waiting nearby. No daily renewed wards or protections were there to keep it at bay.

Silently the trio stood together for moments and suddenly the Baron ran towards Mina his face contorted in fury. "NO! I told you!"

The Beast shrieked. "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE! I'VE COME TO EAT YOUR SOUL YOU SSSSSLUUUUUTTTTTTTT!"

It all happened too quickly. Mina spun and the Beast and baron collided past her. The baron shrieked in surprise, the beast bayed, and Mina fell to the ground like a fallen rose petal.

Silence reined. Nothing moved. Then a voice spoke over the darkening stain of blood in the grass. So much blood. "Its over. My love it's finally over."

[all can view]Mina ran to her beloved Baron, treading lightly over the corpse of the Beast. "We can be free, we can finally be free love! She laughed, happy for the first time in forever. Though the process to heal their small Barony would take many many years to undo the systemic abuse, at least for the happy couple it was all over.

[i]Maen won out. The Curse is broken over the people of the land. Other curses exist but nothing as major as this.
[/all can view]

pre:
Moon	        has been	Advanced

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 21, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: OH while I'm updating it seems most of you are done, I'm going to update for the year and hand out points in a day or so.

Feel free to roleplay and talk to one another since you all can do that! Some of you haven't exchanged a word and its slightly strange :P.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: Just popping in to say, the BOOK may be more damaging than realized. The BOOK may be more helpful than realized. Reminder: Collaboration is done in parts. One guy makes book, one guy makes chapter etc.

If the book is opposed it will take power but not stop the other chapters/documents from being written. They just won't be in a handy book and as easy to distribute. People may not want to do it either, or go ahead anyway.

Opposing another god's chapter from being written would be a neat way to cut them out of getting part of the pie.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 22, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: Also, I'm unsure if you guys are trying to do this now or after the in game year ends? I saw some chatter in IRC that said it one way, then another.

If I don't see any more forward momentum by the end of tonight, I'm updating anyway.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The year passes. - The World
MUSIC: http://youtu.be/I23xPqI1dSM

Ships sail the seas faster than they ever have and pirate fleets rule the oceans. Maybe in a year or two will the designs be thwarted. The printing press has started to make its way onto carts and ships. Perhaps next year they will be in production everywhere. The heralding of the return of Meroth has reached a fever pitch and slowly cults dedicated to appeasing the dark lord have appeared almost everywhere. Necromancy has pierced the heart of the elven nation from its mage school, the mountains where the trollfather's realm exists soon too have begun to use necromantic rites and sorcery. It may spread out of control if not checked. Nature seemingly went mad over in a small part of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. The stories tell of a city of nature gone amok filled with madmen and worse. In the north, Baron Kar Nor wed his mistress only to have his wedding attacked by agents from Beld. The change in the Baron's nature seen as a sign of weakness. His lady love eviscerated the interlopers before carrying off her husband to their nuptials. The signs that the hospitality of being a gracious host increased the number of travelers and hence increased the number of brigands to take advantage of them. Many were not harmed but many a coin purse were removed, ending most travelers' travels. Some speak in whispers of strange creatures that walk in secret around the leylines of the world...

Sent you all PMs with points.

God who has benefited the most from others' actions the past year: Gohdog
God who has been harmed the most from others' actions the past year: Platonis

Amrom: Feels his grip on Undeath slipping.
Cipher: Feels her grip on Quests slipping.
Gohdog: Feels his grip on Good Luck slipping.
Ignatz: Feels he has almost lost his domain of Fire.
Maen: Feels she has almost lost her grip on the Moon.

Players most frequently: Feed other gods points and seemingly refuse to "seriously" powercheck others.

GM Advice: A few of you are on your way to 400lb gorilla status, eventually your peers will not even be able to hurt your feelings. Crush them. If you're not doing well, try to curb other gods' growth. If not, you may find yourself no longer in the big leagues.

Year 2 begins.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 3, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Gohdog - Seaside, Florn

The people first tell the stories and soon everyone knows them by heart. The wisdom of the Hog it was called. Not everyone knew them all but would tell the stories around the fire. It came to be a new tradition amongst the people.

Before writing them down, the people started telling stories in a way that even the Gohdog would approve. Some are starting to be written.

pre:
Fire	        has been	Advanced
Commoners/Gohdog: The Circle of the Magi are a very secretive group. They practice a form of magic unseen in other lands for they bind beings from beyond the mortal world into their spells. The first sacrifice of an initiate to begin to learn such ways (and to ensure their loyalty) is to give up their very soul to the leaders of the order for "safekeeping". Ascending into full mage status gives the user back his soul, and he can infuse the souls of other living things to give himself longevity and youth. They do not actively seek members and only those who come to them fully and willingly are allowed to become initiates of the order. People often seeking favors or magic which can only be seen as miraculous often pay large sums for their workings in their art of magic. Other forms of payment are taken as well. In any case the group seeks no worldly power of their own but could take much if they so desired.

Commoners: Also please include the country(if possible) in your posts please.

Meroth - Seaside, Florn

The day after the night of firelight, the people of Seaside found themselves feeling good after the night of drinking and telling stories. That's when the storm hit. At first it was a strong wind, then that's when it broke over Seaside. None could say just how the mayor organized the people and evacuation in the middle of a massive storm, but they ran into the nearby hills and into the caves. Only a few of the townspeople were missing, the drunks and the dregs. In the aftermath the people emerged from the caves, the question of what to do next and how they would survive on their lips. Many expressed the desire to travel, others were fearful the god of destruction would kill them should they leave the caves. Some but not many claimed that this was the work of Ignatz punishing them for knowing things they should not know. Either way the people and the land were changed.

The town itself is destroyed. I'm taking it off the map yet, in case it somehow is rebuilt. Eventually though the ruin will be removed. Some of the townspeople want to travel, others want to stay in the caves, even more wish to regress to a simpler style of living. Perhaps in the wreckage of the town. These people are prime for being influenced by the gods. Already there are those who are predisposed to do things if no one steps in.

pre:
Good Luck	has been	Setback
Prosperity	has been	Setback
Platonis - The end of the conclave

Platonis begins writing his works without the other gods. Should they decide to include their works in his greater work then so be it.

Platonis' work will be a widespread thing of the god's ideas and his very person. Something those that can read, will read. More effects if other chapters are written will show up.

Mr. Prokosch: Please include OOC summations in thread about what you're doing. (in PMs is ok but the OOC stuff isn't just for me. You can post a sanitized action thing that doesn't give away the goose or point expenditures like the other players.

pre:
Education	has been	ADVANCED
Invention	has been	ADVANCED
Law	        has been	ADVANCED
Perfection	has been	ADVANCED
Prosperity	has been	ADVANCED

Chaos           has been	Setback
Ignorance       has been	Setback
Lies            has been	Setback
Mysteries       has been	Setback

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

megane posted:

Cipher - Fairdeal
Drawing some elves into Fairdeal, where I will talk at them and the few surviving former residents about legends and prophecies and such.

:smugwizard: Just going to let you know, in case its not apparent. You in person specifically talking to mortals is going to damage them badly or unhinge them. You have a dozen out of the couple hundred that came out as seer/types that can talk to gods. Not crowds of people. If you are speaking to any crowds they are moaning masses of crazy people. Maen might be able to get something useful out of them, but you will not.

Using influence to heal these people will work, but upon looking and hearing you again you run the gamble of them being unusable. I'm not allowing the use of influence to negate the mortal sanity game mechanic. Gods in this game are leagues more powerful than any other game I've ran and as such there are only few limitations to mortal interaction. If you need advice on what to do, I always am willing to give it.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The wheel turns

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpaJulksCik

Great happenings move the fate of god and mortal alike into strange patterns. Some find themselves aligned in some tasks, others fiercely opposed. The results would be interesting to say the least...

To All: I hand selected music and images for each of your updates. I'm solving all the uncontested things first, then I'm putting the rest below.
:siren: DON'T PANIC :siren:
Jamezbfod/Mimsy @fairdeal: Mimsy looks upon those broken by daring to see and hear a goddess speak. Most are insane to one degree or another, those less unhinged take care of those who aren't. The people who were strong enough to maintain their will and senses of self were few. A dozen or more at best. Those not sane could be mended easily enough.

Maen - The Moon

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyCRAEYpNl0

Calendars now no longer are able to track days by relying on the phases of the moon. This causes disorder and chaos at all levels of society. Work is getting done, but is much slowed. People are scared and now doubt things they've learned or take as a true fact. Animals and nature that are sensitive to the moon have now been had their cycles interfered with. Oceans now have rapidly strong tides on some days and on others the sea recedes far from shore. Fishermen and other people who rely on nature are bewildered.

pre:
Perfection	has been	Setback
Oceans          has been        Tapped(Maen)
Platonis - Beld

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elERNFoEf3Y

Mortals in Beld soon wake from their beds. Masons, carpenters, artisans; a veritable army marches to the new site of a new academy. It was foretold in dreams that the god platonis wished it so, and that those who did so would enrich the lives of their children and their children. Teachers and wisemen who had left Omette due to the unreason found there soon got word of the new academy. They would help build it. Then, they would teach there! Science would rule.

pre:
Mimsy - All Elfdom

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ZFIk3j_JI

The collective elves all have a wondrous vision. Towering tree kingdoms spanning entire continents, machinery and the empires of men and lesser races smashed. Pollution eliminated. Nature's fury and her bounty. They knew they could take back the world. They knew they could do it...but how?

Meroth:Can suddenly hear the elves' collective desire... and an opportunity?
Mimsy's message is delivered, yet...something's missing.

pre:
Empire          has been        Tapped(Mimsy)
~THE BOOK~
Platonis, Ignatz, Maen, Amrom

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQsjf25V9t8

Platonis starts the book's creation filling it with his words and works. His vision for mortalkind and perfection pointed, neat. It was into this great work that blind hands seemingly tried to rip the work from him and tear it all asunder. Ignorance could not hold him though and soon it was Platonis that foiled Ignatz, not the other way around! Like a fading ideal the cancerous influence was snuffed out, the work almost completed. Maen soon filled her section of the book with written classics, new works and words of inspiration. Lastly manuscripts hastily made and targeted only towards those that could delve the secrets of necromancy were added, pamphlets were also made available in case a large tome would prove to be too much for some. Maen and Amrom's works didn't even take up half of the book put together, it would seem Platonis would have his words seen by their peoples as well as his own.

The materials for the books would need to come from somewhere to make it long lasting and extremely durable. The flesh of a large gentle sea mammal made up the covering and the bones used for binding, the pages could only be made from the finest and oldest tree The Elderberry. Golden ink was ordered from the dwarves, increased mining would provide after all! A boost for industry and the need to read(education). An amazing work!

Ignatz is unable to stop Platonis from creating the book the way he wanted. Maen and Amrom as well as Platonis have created a work that will set the mortal world aflame.

pre:
Lies	        has been	Setback
SCIENCE         has been        Tapped(Platonis)
Maen, Gohdog, Mimsy - Seaside, Florn
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y49xhyQxnr8

The Goh-fu'di, the people of the road as one nodded. They knew what they needed to know. The land would sustain them and they it in turn. The moon would guide them, and the Hog of fortune favored them with his wisdom. From the wreckage of their town, they built wagons and gathered all the supplies they could grab. Families tearfully said goodbye to their friends as the town split into groups. All promised to meet at the site of Seaside in a years time, yes they would. All would gather and gaily bask in the fires of hospitality, telling each other stories of far away lands, legends and mysteries.

Wow that worked out really really well (for the mortals). Surprise!

pre:
Ignatz vs Platonis- Omette, Kesk
I wouldn't call it music:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs(couldn't resist its the most ignorant thing I've heard)

"NOOO0O0O0O0O0O!" Screamed the dean. The men were smeared in the ashes and mud of the self proclaimed "mindmen". Their nakedness fearsome in the dark. They had come for the final collection of books. The man sniveled and cried as they beat him with the sticks of unlearning. When he moved no more, they took the books to the waiting mob of students.

"BURN BURN BURN BURN BURN!" They chanted. It was intoxicating.
They had burned the largest library in the known world.

Everyone knew everything they needed to know and everything else wasn't worth knowing. The dean would have agreed had he been alive. The buildings were decorated in beautiful cave painting-like drawings, all visual aids and artifacts were now made into sculptures and other pieces of art. It was glorious.

From afar, an agent of knowledge wept. Demcos the learned had come home too late. Too late to stop it. He had come bringing word of a new university, he would not tell these people. These barbarians. He left quivering, a message to bring to Beld and vengeance against the students and ignorant in his heart. "Platonis." He prayed. "Give me the wisdom to get my revenge."
"Meroth give me the hate and vehicle of my vengance."

A prayer to Platonis and Meroth has come.

pre:
Legends	        has been	Setback
Lore	        has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Setback
Ignatz vs Amrom - M.A.G.O.S and Troll Father's Realm
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wc3kwv0Ddw

Ignatz again tried to interfere in the works of others and found himself wanting. Perhaps he was trying to bait his rivals into exposing themselves. Even the god of ignorance can be clever. In any case a single necromancer had heartburn while attempting to summon something called a "DOOMTRAIN". Perhaps its for the best he was interrupted. The miracle did not come to pass, but neither did the necromancers fail to feel the other god's hand in their handiwork. The necromancers swore allegiance to counter any of Ignatz's agents wherever possible...

Necromancers and the Amrom-ish now have a rivalry with the agents of Ignatz. The Mindmen should be mindful.
pre:
Fire            has been        Setback
Cipher - Azariah
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJ50hl-Ynw

The troll receives the message in a drug enduced trance, his communion with the dark energy leylines of the world interrupted. He had a place put in his mind of where to meet a human girl oracle. He wasn't a champion or a hero, but perhaps she could help...

How will she help him? She can roleplay showing him things. I'll post his agreements to said things.

pre:
Cipher - Fairdeal
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GsJjHiShzc

The Oracles were created and soon began trying to train men and women into heroes by spreading out as far as they could. In some cases they jumped into wandering bands of Goh-fu'di caravans, they soon became a part of their culture and people began to think that perhaps the Goh-fu'di were a blessed people. Elves soon found their way into Fairdeal and they began to train. Some showed great promise yet it seemed something was missing to make them truly heroic, they did all become sorcerers however. Maybe with many years of training and time they would be heroes or great sidekicks for them, but for now they didn't have what it took. Fairdeal soon became well guarded and secure, even for the insane.

:siren: At dawn months after the loss of Fairdeal, a tax collector and entorage of soldiers came to collect their missing taxes. The elves all hid along with the other sane people, the insane ones however prowled every street. It wouldn't be long before the secret of Fairdeal was out...

Everything works, mostly! You now can guide your people to do what they would. The tax collector looks seasoned and his men are very capable. Direct mind control will not work, asking the taxguys to do something against their nature or grain will not work out well (for your people).

pre:
Gohdog - Conclave of the Magi
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-RaCNaKN60

The messenger is received. The mages look confused about your message. "We are good. Your god seems as ignorant as the one who shall not be named (Ignatz). Leave us now before we summon the pretenders back into this world and smash your gods to smithereens." The messenger was soon (politely) shown to the door.

This is a case of mortals being so ingrained in their own ways of thinking that the message is lost. I'll clarify: In a worldly sense the Mages are neutral, but they think of themselves as good people for that neutrality. They're a non-entity in world affairs and mind their own business. They've got a slightly bad opinion of you and the rest of the gods now, but its nothing that will impact anyone's domains.

Cipher - Drune & Bakhan
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HUWUtTZvK4

In both nations the agents of Cipher visited towns and villages. They inspired many more than would normally go to fight to try and be heroes and win the war for their side. It would be glorious. Others wanted peace, it was a jumble. The majority of people were entrenched in their hate for the other side so they would indeed fight. Far too few were around to shout down the majority.

welp
pre:
Ignatz - Drune & Bakhan
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zH7R7Z67fo

Demagogs and pundits went around spreading the message of tradition to their peoples. From a political level on down to how to raise crops, they had an opinion. Fight the aggression of their neighboring oppressor states. Fight!

I have no idea what you wanted to do with these so I'm guessing something like conservative elements? They'll probably preach the messages of their fathers to not let the other side "get away with it"
pre:
Platonis vs Gohdog
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBL5OMeuno

Before the plans could even leave the tower, they were eaten by a herd of rampaging pigs! How did they get in there? Before the hogs were removed they completely ruined the designs. It was unfortunate too, they would have proven quite potent in slaying the people.

pre:
Meroth vs Gohdog
:smugwizard: Ok what I'm seeing in posts vs what I'm seeing in PMs are different.
Ok there's the action of Gohdog creating an Army. Meroth said he contests.
Then there's Meroth influencing the two kings. Gohdog contests.

I only see one bid for one and another bid for the other. There's no parity.

:smugwizard:I have a new map. I will finish it off once Meroth(Vulin) and Gohdog(Commoners) get on the same page and I can finish this last action.

• :siren: FOR FUTURE REFERENCE: Always have a current set of stats at the top or bottom of your PMs to me. That way I can keep track easier with how much you're spending.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 28, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
ROUND 1: Meroth vs Gohdog - Drukhan (new country)
  • Winner: Gohdog

The Hogfather had founded a new nation. One that would see peace instead of war. A new beginning for a tired old struggle. The warriors put down their swords. Mothers had their sons back. Children got their father's back. The pain was eased with wisdom AND decisiveness. But even the wise knew that peace was something to be fought for. The nations of Drune and Bakhan wouldn't take long to discover their coveted territories had seceded from their homelands. The army of Drukhan was a merry one, cheerful and hopeful. They would not strike the first blow for hate or revenge, they would do so for peace and prosperity. Stability and law.

An army is formed for Drukhan. It has Health: 1 and Attack: 1. It is currently sitting in Drukhan and made for defense. They can clash with another army that has Health:1 and Attack:1 and both armies will be unmade after. A larger army would of course win. The army can do 1 attack worth of damage to the people of a place or to destroy the place itself.

pre:
ROUND 2: Meroth vs Gohdog - Drune & Bakhan
  • Winner: Gohdog

Meroth thought he was clever, but the Gohdog had him figured out. Before the kings could act, a traveling gypsy troupe visited both monarchs at the same time. They wowed them with their performances, and then with their powers of prophecy through the oracles and the guidance of the moon. They told the kings that they should not march to war over the formation of a new nation, but to wait to be guided wisely from the gods. The possibility that they would leave themselves open to attack by the other nation by marching their armies gave them pause. The kings thereafter decided to wait and see. Who would advise them? Who would show them the way to victory?

The kings would do nothing, not form an army, or take action against Drukhan without a sign from the gods themselves.

pre:
:siren: New Maps WHAT!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: I forgot!

Tapped domains: You get them if you move into another area of dominion or domain. You become a god of a new domain if you do more actions for that domain. You will be awarded that domain if you did enough to earn it.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: A quick bit of info so people can post the rest of their actions, then once that's done I'll do the update for the year if there's no conflict or people needing to do more things.

About infodumps: Its been requested on IRC but I'm not doing full complete infodumps because it's ridiculous and its ruined at least 1/4 of the 46 godgames run before this. I have literal pages of handwritten information in notebooks about places on this map and about things in the world. I also am adding things on the fly to keep things flexible. But basically after this post :siren: no requests for infodumps will be fulfilled.
If you feel like I'm talking about you and you think you're not doing it, you're probably not doing it. If you somehow feel indignant over it, then you probably are doing it.

I'll give general knowledge or answer questions completely. There's a reason I've stated you guys have a form of limited omniscience.

Think of it as Intellectus. You're able to gain access to any knowledge needed. It allows you to view reality as one piece, place and moment. You no longer search for knowledge, you just simply know. You get to see the 'whole picture'. There are several loopholes. For one, you have to know what you are looking for AND you only have Intellectus on specific subjects (basically you guys have been doing mostly ok with this like asking: What are elves like, or where is the place with the most killing etc).

Mr. Prokosch/Platonis: Dwarfhold - Dwarfhold is one of the oldest kingdoms in the known world their empire's longevity even beyond the memory of the eldest of the elves histories. Their kingdom has the population concentrated of about 5 large cities under their mountain home. It all goes straight down(mostly).
The Dwarves are ruled by one king and he is aided by 8 noble houses of varying influence and power. The heads of which meet in his council chambers. The current king's line has ruled for 2,000 years after a lengthy conflict known as the War of the Mines in which the current house beat the ancient line of kings, wiping them out. It was a long and bloody conflict that is still referred to as a warning against ambition. "Beware the 9th!" they would say referring the the insane/inbred old line of kings.

Dwarven society is highly capitalistic and opportunistic. They are xenophobic when not engaged in the act of trade. They are not greedy but enjoy the fruits of their labors and leisure. Every dwarf is a fighting man due to sometimes delving too deep and unleashing some horror or other. Most can be delt with by axe and hammer, others have seen priceless treasures and ores lost when the mine needed to be collapsed to prevent the doom of the dwarven race.

Dwarves can be found in small numbers in the world, merchants mostly plying dwarven wares. Dwarven technology employs ornate clockwork style machines and they are masters of the forge and artistry(when employed in making something worth selling but not for art's sake).

The Empire of Marek - Often known as the Empire of Marek "the pretender". Marek is an old nation with a new name. The queen of roses once ruled this land with a fair hand but was struck down by a false nobleman who claimed he was from another land. In truth he was Baldak the Craven, a leader of a mercenary company that was more bandit than military. When the queen hired his people to clear the Freak Forest of all of the undesireables and monsters, Baldak presented himself to the queen as a dandy by the name of Marek. He went from uncouth brute to a cultured wellspoken statesman. This was due to a magical ring he had found in some ruins within the quuen's lands. It made the person seem like what they desired. In no time Marek became the queen's consort and replaced her guard with his own men. Eventually the smitten queen found herself a prisoner in her own castle, when Marek was done he forced her to marry him and then in a moderate amount of time killed her. He would never go back to being Baldak and would tighten his hold over the kingdom in the intervening decades. Though Marek's secret is not so much a secret due to his own men's loose tongues, no one really cared enough to take him down. Daily life wasn't impacted by the common man and any nobles that had a problem with it stopped having problems when bribed with concessions.

Marek isn't a terrible ruler but he is ruthless when pushed. He is far more willing to use non-violent methods in his current form than he was as Baldak.

vAlk - Valk is a nation of magical inventions, most of which do not work well at all. This is due to there being higher concentrations of magic in the land than most places. Leylines and places of power can be found almost under every rock and tree(not literally). The nation of Valk is extremely different from others because their leader is elected for terms not to exceed 10 years. Election years held every decade are celebrated like holidays, the people having festivals and casting their votes via magical counters. Most of Valk's people avoid Mount Green even though it is rumored that one could find their fate after visiting there. A large population of Beastmen resides in Valk in the south while a massive population of Orcs resides in the north. The Beastmen often leave the rest of the world at large alone while the Orcs shun outsiders. There are clashes often between Valk and Beld and fewer but messier clashes with the Empire of Marek along the borders of Valk. There are no agreements between the nations but they aren't exactly at war either.

Shogeton/Maen: Baron Kar-Nor's lands - The love between the Baron and his new wife couldn't be stronger. They struggle to undo the damage of years of cruelty under the Baron's torments. The violence and unloving nature of the people is almost ingrained in the people and will take time to heal normally.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Commoners/Gohdog: The Troll Father - The Troll Father loves his children. He made them strong, he made them intelligent, and he is their father in every way but doing the deed himself. He is wise. He gives his children guidance. But if one were to ask how evil he is, you would have to look at the source.

To the trolls he is a protector, a deterrent, and widely loved.

If you ask the elves? He is a monster, and a menace. An enemy of old who's people slighted the elves for something little remembered.

Humans believe the Troll Father to be a myth and use him to frighten their children into being good.

Dwarves heard about him from elves but don't trust their word for it, the more believe the monster to be a force of nature rather than a villain.

Orcs(when not chasing people out of their territory) often reflect on how good life could be if someone were to protect them like the Troll Father.

The Beastmen applaud the Troll Father's strength, and believe him to be an original Beast.

The agent's of the Dark One have an embassy in his court and ever seek to bring the Troll Father into an alliance. Doing so would greatly enhance their cause in resurrecting their lord.

Half of the mages of M.A.G.O.S believe him to be a gentle creature but prone to violence when provoked. The other half(necromancers) see him as a monster and an impediment to Amrom's will.

The Merchant Princes want to capture him so they may exploit the mountains for their riches and put him in a zoo or possibly make medicines from his body.(keeping it alive as long as possible, for profit).

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard:
Ok so Megane, Cipher is currently being blocked. I need your power bid in PM.

If Maen attacks I'm going to look at divinity to determine the order in which things happen, the attack OR the Power bid.

So basically it will decide if the comabat: Maen vs Gohdog is resolved first or The Power bid: Gohdog vs Cipher.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 31, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Maen must wait.

The divinity of Gohdog outstrips the mere goddess of the moon. He would be able to act as he saw fit.

He's more god than you are. You get to wait.

Cipher vs Gohdog

The pig waited paitently as time streaked to a halt, the moon goddess' blow waiting in time...

Still need the power bid Megane

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

Sorry can't update tonight, PM box for the most part is a trainwreck. I've sent PMs to everyone about it even though some of you have been doing great at keeping your unsolved actions and stuff confined in a concise message.

I'm not trying to be a game nazi or anything but the numbers multiply times 8 players.

Please help me so that updates can come quicker!

Everyone is doing great in game and getting a handle on the new rules, I think its great! You're all coming along swimmingly.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:smugwizard: If accepted, the deal will be binding. 3 Years, 3 game turns.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Meroth vs Gohdog- The Logging Sites, The Confederacy of Merchant Princes
Winner: Meroth
The workers were more like slaves to the companies running the logging towns. They charged the workers for room and board, for their meals, and for any money they didn't spend there was booze, prostitution, and gambling to take their minds off the deplorable conditions. Everything cost money. Workers were fined for little things adding up. Wages were poor anyway and the workers weren't organized. It was the perfect storm and Meroth capitalized on it beautifully.

First one camp rioted, then another and soon the workers killed their overseers and managers shutting down the operations. They wrecked equipment and soon it all began to burn. Late into the night and then soon over several days the workers rampaged. Soon the elves arrived with their armies of goblins, ents, and other forest folk. Groups that hated one another gathered together under one banner just this once to take back what was stolen. By the time the government responded to the wanton destruction, it was too late. The army of workers had scattered after spending their rage on the two targets and the elves had faded back with their forces into the woods. Ringleaders of the men were found, but they too seemed fuzzy as to exactly why they had started the whole thing to begin with. They spoke of a dream. A dream of a master, powerful and demanding. The elves watched the ruins carefully, their new master having answered their prayers.

The workers rose up into an army. The elves and others rose up into an army. They smashed both camps and annihilated them. They dispersed when the attack was all but spent. The lots of elves hold Meroth in high esteem, at least he stuck back at the men who ruined their world as opposed to Mimsy, who only made tree forts and catered to the monkeys.

pre:
Elves	        has been	Tapped (Meroth)
War	        has been	Tapped (Meroth)
Mimsy - Fairdeal

Mimsy appears in front of the tax collector and his forces (which while not massive were considerable). For a moment nothing happens. Then like the snapping of many fine twigs went the minds of the mortals arrayed before him. Had they been forged with purity of purpose like an army, they might have been unscathed. But they were not. "BLOOD!" Screamed the thin, rakish and spectacle wearing tax collector as he brandished his pen like a sword. Unlike the scribe the soldiers had no such weapons, swords would have to do. "BLOOD AND DEATH! THE GODS WALK AMONG US! IT IS THE APOCALYPSE AS WAS FORTOLD BY The Seers at the Oracle!!" As one the men charged, mad and completely believing they were sane.

They marched with deadly purpose towards Fairdeal.

No influence spent, no attack? Shame shame.

Meroth - Kine, West Norn

With no one to stop him, Meroth casually wipes the people of Kine from existence. The town, while intact became the focus of rumors. The ash ghosts left behind by the blast telling a chilling tale for those who do not bow to the Lord Of Hate.

Kine's population has ceased to be. People will not move there. In 5 years the town will fade from the map.

pre:
Gohdog vs Cipher - Fairdeal
Winner: Cipher

The forest grows outward from fairdeal and soon the area around it is filled with darkness, foul beasts, and soon the rampaging killing machines formerly known as the Tax Collector Brigade. Indeed fairdeal was now almost an island in the nation of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. NO ONE wanted to go there. Only the elves trained in fairdeal could guide people into and out of the town without running afoul of the defenses. Insane people withing and and army of bloodlusting berserkers without, fairdeal was shaping up to be the perfect asylum.

The tax collector and his forces are now part of the defenses around Fairdeal. However the defenses will harm ANYONE who try to get in or out. Only the skills of the most highly trained people can get you in or out.

pre:
Dungeons&Dorks  has been        Tapped (Cipher)
Hospitality	has been	Setback
Cipher collaboration with Amrom
(Azariah the troll and Clarity oh, and his WRAITH ARMY!)

Amrom gives Azariah the knowledge of the deaths across the world of the teachers at Omette. In a new necromantic ritual with the help of his god, he raises an army of elite wraiths.[1 Life, 1 Attack]. On the night of this triumph Clarity approaches Azariah with her prophecy. Through the gates they went defeating a guardian sage in battles of sorcery, wit, character, and strength. Each gave unto him a secret of the Troll Father and one of his weaknesses with their dying gasp. Azariah cackled at their deaths and let his wraiths devour each defeated sage. It seemed with more help from Clarity and her visions Azariah grew larger and darker. The world to him seemed a grey place, one which he would rule. He came to the deepest vault and the highest of the mountains and saw that it contained a riddle with no answer. At this Azariah asked Clarity to show him the way. Her vision provided the troll the answer he was looking for and he smiled. He spoke the words and the vault opened. Inside was the Breaker of Chains, blade of the rebellion. He took it into his hands and laughed. Soon he would march upon the Troll Father himself. Let him try to "protect" the Troll people, he only held them back. He would not let the trolls live in blissful ignorance, he could see that they were slaves to the selfishness of the Troll Father's need to protect them. Azariah marched into the night, Clarity and his army at his heels.

He's ready for the final battle!

pre:
Maen vs Gohdog Battle outside Fairdeal
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-97BrdWBRuE

On the fields outside of fairdeal Maen attacks Gohdog over a disagreement. Priests, Seers, Oracles, and those sensitive to the doings of the gods all fall to their knees as the vision of what transpires floods their consciousness. They see the divine Hog attempting to prevent a forest of monsters and ill mood from being created, they also see the goddess of madness attack out of seemingly nowhere. Time freezes. The gods speak. All is heard. The request of Maen. The defiance of Gohdog. The attack. Gohdog's dedication to peace.

It was almost too much.

Time reasserted itself. The blow was struck and Gohdog winced. Maen screamed in triumph, then went silent in momentary puzzlement. Gohdog didn't strike back. He only looked sad and full of sorrow. He said not another word. Slowly he drew out the silver moonshard and slowly it dissolved into tears of light which bathed the world in fading radiance. The wound in his flesh bled a soft glowing white. The floating god turned away sadly and began to float away...

Maen. What are you going to do? Will you continue to attack or let Gohdog leave in peace? The mouths of the mortal world are watching what happens next. Will this be a story of tragedy, triumph, or a mix of both?

pre:
??? Has been ???
:smugwizard:Ok going to let the drama continue slightly, if anyone has anything to say or do now is the time. Roleplay time! When its done the year will turn. Spend what you want to finish spending or keep it all for next year, your choice!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
:siren:
Forgot this.

Ignatz vs Amrom - Necromancer sparkle fest
Winner: Amrom

Before Ignatz could enact his bizzare plan, Amrom stood firmly in the way. The showers of sparks snuffed out in the blackness of undeath. He wouldn't allow his chosen ones to be turned into erotic beacons for young rebellious teenage girls. No one noticed but Ignatz felt the defeat none-the-less.

pre:
Ignorance  has been Setback
Sorcery    has been Advanced

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
If no one wants to accost Mimsy for her acts I will update! edit: wait its attack. I'll update NOW! :siren:

Jamezbfod/Mimsy: The seers of the Oracle are locatd in East Norn. The basic common mortal knowledge/opinion of them is you listen to them as they have prevented disaster and foreseen many other things. Kings and commoner alike if not listen to their messages and council at least pay it a minor bit of respect.

The leaders of the Merchant Princes, the titular Princes themselves congregate: In their baller rear end castle located in the Confederacy of Merchant Princes. (Appear before them in person at nature's peril.)

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 3, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Mimsy - Fairdeal, The Confederacy of Merchant Princes

The Tax collector and his cohorts were busy murdering a bunch of traveling followers of Gohdog when Mimsy layed the very forces of nature upon them. They couldn't even scream as they died in horrible painful agony. The defenses around fairdeal would now be flawed. The territory the berserker tax collectors held devoid of any beasts that wanted it. It smelled "wrong" to them.

The humans are dead in the woods. There are still filthy humans in fairdeal. There are human druids, weather mages, and green magic users throughout your domain. You have human priests. All targets available to you.

pre:
Bane of Mankind has been        Tapped (Mimsy)
Madness	        has been	Setback

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

List of people who said they're not acting until next year (unless something huge happens):
  • Mr. Prokosch / Platonis
  • Shogeton / Maen
  • Vulin / Meroth

That leaves 5 of you who need to agree to advance or do some roleplay this remaining turn.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 3, 2014

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Miltonslavemasta/Amrom: The area is listed at the bottom of the map post under the nation of Caruqosa as "Castle Caruqosa".

You sense a sleeping being on par in power with the Troll Father. The slumber is NOT voluntary. You sense a slight kinship in the spectrum of powers sleeping there, though if it shares common goals or morality is another thing entirely.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
3 left.
Jamezbfod/mimzy
Megane/cipher
Mr. Fowl/ignatz

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The year passes. - The World

MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paqSsVNafVo

The greatest repository of knowledge had all of it burned by the agents of Ignatz. A loss to the world. Several encampments and a few towns were devastated by the return of Meroth. Rumors from the country of the Confederacy of Merchant princes showed that the city of fairdeal was a cursed land, where the gods punished and rewarded in equal measure. The area was avoided by everyone but the mad and the foolhearty. An army was being formed to deal with the threat fairdeal posed. A new university founded by the god Platonis' followers began to take root and played straight man to the joke that Omette had become. Savage Elves began to appear in the stolen lands and preyed on traveler and entrepreneur alike. There was no difference in the scum. Murmers also began near the mountains of the troll father's realm of a necromancer that supposedly rivaled the acts of the dark lord himself and a wraith army. The printing press brought with it news that the pirates were meeting their match, ship designs had been stolen with the help of a travelling caravan of Goh-fu'di. Many other things spun and changed, the eyes of the gods upon everything or nothing. Time would see their mark put upon the world for they had returned and soon would show the others that they were not pretenders.

:smugwizard Sent you all PMs with points. :siren:
GM news:
God who has been relatively unscathed by others' actions the past year: Maen
God who has tapped the most domains in the past year: Vulin
God most messed with the most in the past year: Platonis
God who had the largest colaboration with best outcome between participants: Platonis

Players most frequently: Fought with and over things with the god of peace.

GM Advice: Some of you haven't been doing much and others have this problem AND bad luck. You're going to notice others are leaving you in the dust. DO SOMETHING.

I have a feeling combat will be coming to several of you, good luck.

Year 3 begins...NOW~!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Portents and Musings
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/v/yZWabd82eTQ?start=71&end=130&autoplay=1

"The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind."
- H. P. Lovecraft, another dreamer from another world.

Meroth & Cipher - The Merchant Princes Venture, The Mountain of Old Man Red

The contingent and its Oracle left behind a general to take care of the "Fairdeal Problem" this opportunity was too big to pass up. No one knew what lay on their course for the mountain but they took their fastest ship, powered by design, science, slaves, and magic. They made it in weeks to the far shores. With gifts of gold and jewels did they come. And marched upon the mountain. Guides and fierce locals told them to turn back, for no one in memory had breached the cave of the old man. No one knew what terror lay inside but all knew the legends. None had returned. What slumbered there had best be left alone. But the princes took no heed, for the word of a god had sent them along with their greed.

They came upon a darkened corner near the very top of the mountain. Within they could see nothing but brought magical means for a descent. Their wagons converted into platforms and so too did they bring their gifts. Deep. Down deep. They saw and heard nothing. For days they descended, without light. Without hope. Did the destroyer send them on a fool's errand? When all was despair they saw a glint in the dark. Then all at once did they see. Skeletons in their multitudes. They had found death.

Coins, golden objects, jewels that anything they had seen all to shame glittered in the walls of the cavern. Increasing with the number of skeletal bodies the riches increased and increased. More wealth than anything conceivable in the history of the world. Gold and mineral veins sparkled with diamonds and other gems in amongst the treasure, riches among measure. How was all this amassed? Perhaps wealth was once tossed in here as an offering?

Soon they reached the bottom. They didn't touch anything. They at first babbled about what they saw but soon fell silent. As silent as the tomb they now were in. That's when they heard it. Thump Thump. Thump Thump. The sound of the beat of something ancient, something...primordial. The face was buried under mountains of treasure. One huge eye opened...

"I've not had a meal delivered unto me in such a long time. But what kind of host would I be if I did not entertain my guests before I dine? I see you have brought gifts to me. They are not quite unworthy. Tell me. What manner of creatures are you? What has happened to the elves? Why do they not pay me tribute? Do they seek to raise my ire with this insult?!"
WORDS: https://www.youtube.com/v/Or8G_jDcLNo?start=3&autoplay=1

With the whispering help of the Oracle of Cipher, The Ruling Council of the Confederacy of Merchant Princes made the pitch of a lifetime. They knew all the right words to say, secrets even. The elves were not what they once were. They too insulted progress and the extraction of treasures from the world. Time and again the forces of fate conspired to help the elves setback true supplication to the sleeping Dragon. Next time, the tribute would be greater they said if only they could make those elves and the Elves and Madmen of fairdeal pay somehow. Oh? The Elemental Force of Fire, The Sheer Force of Destruction, Death itself, RED the Crimson curse of the world wouldn't mind teaching them a lesson? They all bowed at the majesty of the great beast's wisdom and might.

Soon, almost instantly they were transported sans treasure to the foot of the mountain, minus their gifts and carts and footmen, servants, slaves, cattle, clothes, and jewelery.

While embarassing, the Council made a mental note to try and get the mages in their employ to try and copy the spell.

• Red, Primordial Dragon of Fire: 10 Life / 10 Attack / 10 Influence has been awakened.
    • One of the original pretenders, he is uncontrollable by gods.
    • He can be bargained with, he can be reasoned with and he is not as great as you.
    • He knows this. The mortals told him all about you. There was even a book written about some of you in the gifts.
    • Perhaps he will be a tool for some crafty god.
    • Killing him will unleash a field of "false" power, its range and effects only to be found out through
    • experimentation. Most likely the effect will be big, whatever it is.
    • Breaking your bargain with this being will make it less likely to do anything to benefit you and work with your enemies more likely even if it goes counter to their own interest.
      • Currently working with: The Confederacy of Merchant Princes (Mortal Agency)
pre:
Quests    has been    Advanced
Mysteries has been    Advanced
Then Nothing yet. The dragon hasn't gone anywhere.
Amrom - CravOs' Tower, Journey To the West
MUSIC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCbqDPQqzCY

Amrom stood within the sanctum of the Dark Lord. The energies resonating with his own. Necromantic, fierce, the winds of change flowed through the room. The presence of a god demanded attention. The slumbering mind of the being imprisoned long ago through the acts of a mongrel manthing named Cravos. The tower was a ward. Built of pain and suffering. Sacrifice and evil concentrated to drive the intelligence known as The Dark Lord into deep dreams of sweet darkness. Those dreams were disturbed by the god almost immediately.

The waking mind probed at Amrom seeking weakness. It found none. "True? Its true? Like us but not like us?" It thought. It knew that the god was more than a match for it. It asked Amrom's mind: <It would protect its being? Let it do what needed to be done? Fire and Industry. Death. Twist. Reanimate. Sorcery&Magic. Rule.>

<Acceptable>

The mind reached out into its lands. Into Morag Mar, beyond into the wilds. It called the broken and twisted things that lurked beyond death and existed now only as stories to come to its tower. Grey bloodlusting Orcs, Feral Goblins, and Mad Gremlins. Their gentler counterparts it left alone. It sensed a god over them.(Mimsy) It could only find the bones of the Giants and found its control contested over the Trolls. <We can reanimate few Giants if thou wishes, a being as great as us controls the trolls.>

<Men, Dwarves, and Elves must be bargained with. Beastmen will come when the hordes amass.
If you wish it I will make it so. You will rule this world and I will be your steward.

You are the key. I am the gate. The world will exist as you envision it.>

• The Dark Lord, Primordial Scion of Darkness: 15 Life / 0 Attack / 15 Influence has been awakened.
    • One of the original pretenders, he is uncontrollable by gods.
    • He can be bargained with, he can be reasoned with and he is not as great as you.
    • He knows this. The has beheld one of you.
    • Perhaps he will be a tool for some crafty god.
    • Killing him will unleash a field of "false" power, its range and effects only to be found out through experimentation. Most likely the effect will be big, whatever it is.
    • Breaking your bargain with this being will make it less likely to do anything to benefit you and work with your enemies more likely even if it goes counter to their own interest.
      • Currently working with: Amrom (Divine God)

pre:
Nothing yet. He is waiting to hear from you.
Mimsy & Gohdog- Elfstravagansa/Elfstock+Mutation Central

Druids, rangers, wild mages, storm mages, all came to participate in this festival for the elves. Many were elf-friends and knew how to party with the best of them. They sang, danced, and partook of elven wine and elven women. It was a cheery lot that participated in the ritual, to become closer to being elven was to come close to Mimsy, which was synonymous with nature. They would do it. So the humans became half-elven, bolstering the ranks of the half-breed population. At least now(among elves) they would be treated with respect and not called bastards anymore.

The party was just getting started and kicked into high swing once the Tree-Bros arrived. Pollinating and fermenting all over the place, these burnin bushes brought best buds barely in time. Some were fermented kegs of pure intoxication and half-elves and elf alike did keg stands all night. Those that were more tree like burned with a holy fire, smoking it up and passing the good times along to any within breathing distance. Soon everyone had a clipping or seed from these might partying trees, it wouldn't be long before they spread to the corners of the world, just coming out from the woods to chill with some hunters, or be bros with some local mayor and his town before a different festival day.

The population of a large town converts. There are now less human sympathizers of the forest than there used to be. But now they are more elvish! The annual festival may not hold magical species-bending magic, but it would still be fun.

Tree Ents that either ferment intoxicating drug fruits or smoldering tree ents will soon spread out due to seeds and clippings being planted by traveling elves and half-elves. Druids get in on this as well. No woodsman would harm one of these Ents as they aren't violent to them.

pre:
Elves	        has been	Advanced big-time
Fire            has been        Advanced
Mutation        has been        Tapped(Mimsy)
Mimsy - Fort Eldra, Confederacy of Merchant Princes

The night watchman sat waiting for his shift to be over. The elves haven't attacked in centuries. It was a lazy dead post. He would soon be dead right. The undead ghosts of the slain elven defenders of the past rose up and killed the slumbering and few wakeful men on the night shift. From the woods a massive elven force moved out and into the waiting fortress. Fort Eldra was now in the possession of the elves. It would take time for the general in charge of the Confederate forces to hear word of his loss of one of the more major military positions along the border.

The fort occupants are killed, the wraiths go back to eternal rest. The elves move in an army. 3 Life \ 3 Attack. They occupy the fortress.

pre:
Empire          has been        Made Optional: Does Mimsy want it?
Ignatz - Green Mountain Monastery, Valk
:smugwizard:(Do not forget the nation again, or you will suffer a penalty)

The monestary is built using knowledge, education, and skill. How ironic. A very very small amount of pilgrims survive the almost brutal process to become "de-enlightened" forgetting many things in the process. It is said that the Abbot of the order was once the smartest man in the world. He has forgotten how to eat, bathe, or clothe himself properly. Lower aspirants to the Order of Ignorance clean, feed, and bathe him only hoping to one day learn the depth of the ignorance he has attained. The middle level monks use a combination of lies and aversion therapy to bring about blessed ignorance. Truly it is bliss. Visitors can experience true relaxation of the empty mind.

Some could fly, others not age a day, and other abilities. They were not supermen they were "stupor"men.

You get most of what you want for what you spent. Not all monks have all powers, only the abbot has the supreme ignorance. The top level monks know one or two abilities and your name, the mid tier ones can ignore most things like pain and physical limits, lower level initiates try to forget or train to become grandly...blank.

pre:
Lore	        has been	Setback
Perfection	has been	Advanced? Yeah probably.
Platonis - Dwarfhold

Savants, geniuses, brilliance. Overnight the leadership and many dwarves who said a prayer or two to Platonis were found to have new thoughts and ideas they never thought before. Some ideas would come to fruition, and others fail spectacularly. The dwarves suddenly found themselves in a paradigm shift. New found openness to the outside world and exploration as well as these new ideas would soon start a dwarven renaissance. Fire would be needed to stoke the furnaces of industry, and materials, raw materials from nature. The demand for surface goods would increase.

Ideas abound, exploration abounds. They will become a titan of invention and industry soon. Inventors are making protypes, engineers are working on ways to automate, and idea men are exploring and looking for ideas outside of Dwarfhold.

pre:
Dwarves         has been        Tapped(Platonis)
Platonis - Specialized Elves (Loremasters), Druids

The knowledge of Platonis was carefully guarded, for with it they would repeat the mistakes of the Dark Lord. Only through careful application could one avoid making monsters and worse. They could strengthen nature, and help repair some of the damage mankind wreaked upon the world. Careful study and long term practice on minor creatures and beings would work towards this goal. If a random Orc or Forest Deer had to be sacrificed for the good of all, so be it.

Loremasters are highly specialized druids and elves who can remake life itself.

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Setback
Genetics        has been        Tapped (Plationis)
Maen - Fairdeal/Wood, Confederacy of Merchant Princes
(If you're making the town its own nation do it, if not you're breaking the cardinal rule of not putting what land this is taking place in.)

The elves and seers left the area for the moon goddess was going to do one of her more nastier workings. The crazed people were soon cursed. Permanently. The werewolves soon began to spread out in search of territory. The world would have to endure another darkness in an age about to be filled with it.

Werewolves: They have regeneration, great strength, shapeshifting ability between man, wolf and wolfman. Their only sustenance is human flesh.
On the full moon, they get really hungry.
They will also always be mad, even if they weren't before they transformed.
Humans that eat the flesh of werewolves, either through free will, force or trickery will also become werewolves.
Non-human races are not favored prey, nor can they change into werewolves.
They do not have a weakness to silver, but they can be entranced by singing.
They leave the Oracles alone.

The Oracles have moved out of Fairdeal. Its too crowded and anyone who comes to visit is mauled. The elves take their leave too, for it is too wild a place now.

pre:
Curses          has been        Tapped(Maen)
Hospitality	has been	Setback
Gohdog - Drune, Bakhan, Drukhan
Armistice, Peace

Leaders of the two entrenched nations and the newly minted nation of Drukhan declare an armistice after peaceful marches happen in all of their cities, agents of peace work shady deals in backrooms, and a peace agency forms with three headquarters one located in the capital of each country. Eventually an agreement was formed that everyone could live with...if the fragile peace wasn't threatened.

PEACE! After centuries of violence and hate! WHAT!

pre:
Chaos	        has been	Setback
Terror	        has been	Setback
Gohdog & Platonis - "Civil War", The Confederacy of Merchant Princes

The southern holdings of the Confederacy suddenly and completely ousted the current regime and declared themselves a worker's paradise. Interestingly enough those at the bottom of the merchant ruling class suddenly found themselves on top, toeing a new party line. If workers kept them in power, then that's who they'd say they supported. Same yolk, some better treatment and similar masters. But they all wanted peace. Unfortunately, the general in charge of the north completely lost all composure and organized 6 armies to bring some of the territories back into compliance. So with the upheaval would come war. No matter how peaceful the takeover and the birth of the new nation, the Confederacy would tolerate no more losses.

Well you got what you wanted and kind of not what you wanted. Unfortunately you have an idiot left in charge. Whereas the Princes would have somehow renegotiated and tricked their towns back somehow, this guy might just burn the whole place down while they're gone. The worker's grievances are legit but the guy listening wants no part of it. The takeover was lawful though!

Strange kind of advancement follows:

pre:

Cipher & Ignatz - The Legend of the Azariah the Usurper
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAY85PSb7Sg

The blade was all that mattered. Azariah drew it, his eyes slitted against the bright flames. He could feel its power. His brigade of Elite Wraiths moaned and howled along with the beating of his heart, the rustling of the wind and the crackle of the flame. Now the Troll Father could not stand against him. Azariah would use the sword and convince thousands to join him in his crusade a crusade started when...funny, he couldn't exactly remember. But his work was holy. He was in the right. He knew it and so did his people.

The legend of the Usurper soon grew and spread to other lands as far as the distant seas. Everyone knew a version of the tale, but all held the same inevitable ending. Conflict.

Breaker of Chains was a holy weapon. Bathed in fire and power incarnate. The sword gives its wielder 2 Life / 1 Attack / 10 Influence. Its holder is currently Azariah. The tale has spread dar and wide!

pre:

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Red+Mimsy+Meroth - Mindscape

Inside Red's mind is an orderly place. You both can hear counting. You feel the other god's presence but oddly Red has you both on separate channels and nothing you can do will let you leak through. Impressive. You see treasure and gems neatly categorized along with coins of differing values and currencies. There is a massive set of scales, one green and one red.

Currently the red one is weighed towards Red.

To Mimsy: < *Soft Laughter*. They would have gone sour in any case by the time I got to them. What's your stake in this little drama? My first contact with the real thing, and you're as vicious as I. You don't seem that goody-good. What would you offer in exchange for my loyalty? I know I cannot best any one of you. So should I listen to you or the Destroyer who's also wooing me with a quite tempting offer? >

To Meroth: < Funny you mention it. I have the other god in my head you're speaking about. Besides taking on all the risk, how would you prevent my demise at the hands of your sisters and brothers? Do they fear you, can you destroy them? What exactly are you offering? >

• Locked thread