Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BeastRAGE
Nov 4, 2012
Man, hated the banishment from Murphy. Hope he ends up getting some revenge later in the season.
I mean technically he did nothing wrong since there is no rules. I always seem to root for the bad
guy in these shows lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

DarkCrawler posted:

Can you blame him though? I mean, he comes from a society where literally every crime carries a death sentence and who imprisoned his sister for being a second child, I'd wait for something way more drastic then one or two stabbed teens and a failed lynching to invite the people who maintained that sort of society down.

He also blames himself for Wells getting stabbed, because it was his advice that led to the little girl killing him and subsequently killing herself.

His confidence might be shaken, but I think he still believes he's a more capable leader than the people in the ark. Granted, the help of the ark people wouldn't hurt, I'd think. At least, the ark would have advanced weapons to fend off from the monkey men.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
More like Mad Max men judging from the glimpse we saw :stare:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Also he sort of shot the president on the way out, I don't think Bellamy is keen on having company.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I hate every character on this show. Bellamy and the dude from Continuum are like the platonic ideal of backpfeifengesicht.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ravane posted:

His confidence might be shaken, but I think he still believes he's a more capable leader than the people in the ark.

I think his primary concern is the fact that he'll be unceremoniously executed for shooting the president the second the ark folks come to earth so its in his best interest to make them think the surface is inhospitable

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm wondering if Bellamy actually did shoot the Chancellor. So far the only person who said it is extremely shady, Bellamy himself has been fairly vague about what he did.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Azhais posted:

I think his primary concern is the fact that he'll be unceremoniously executed for shooting the president the second the ark folks come to earth so its in his best interest to make them think the surface is inhospitable

muscles like this? posted:

I'm wondering if Bellamy actually did shoot the Chancellor. So far the only person who said it is extremely shady, Bellamy himself has been fairly vague about what he did.

I have trouble believing that Bellamy killed the Chancellor. He wasn't even part of the original 100. He was a space janitor, meaning that if he did anything wrong, he'd just immediately be floated. And he clearly didn't do anything wrong before 18 because that'd have put him on death row (and him becoming a space janitor negates that possibility).

Everything he's doing might just be a front to protect his sister and as an act of revenge against the ark, who floated his parents. Doesn't mean he killed anyone, in fact, he still hasn't hurt a single person.

BeastRAGE
Nov 4, 2012

Ravane posted:

he still hasn't hurt a single person.
Murphy would disagree. I get what you mean though. Other than letting his anger get the best of him with Murphy he hasn't been violent.
He couldn't even kill Adam when he begged him to do it because of the pain. He looked surprised that Clarke did it with such ease.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

BeastRAGE posted:

Murphy would disagree. I get what you mean though. Other than letting his anger get the best of him with Murphy he hasn't been violent.
He couldn't even kill Adam when he begged him to do it because of the pain. He looked surprised that Clarke did it with such ease.

He did have Adam strung up in a tree overnight because his sister kissed him. :colbert:

BeastRAGE
Nov 4, 2012

hollylolly posted:

He did have Adam strung up in a tree overnight because his sister kissed him. :colbert:

Yea that was more of "don't touch my sis" thing.

Question. When Adam was in the yellow fog, he called out for Bellamy. Do you guys think
Bellamy couldve saved him? I'm thinking not, but with how slow burning the fog is, it couldve
been possible.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff
I saw this time around that Paige Turco and Ian Cusick's chemistry has developed. They seemed way more comfortable with each other as actors than in the previous episodes.

So long Charlotte, guest star among a hundred.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BeastRAGE posted:

Question. When Adam was in the yellow fog, he called out for Bellamy. Do you guys think
Bellamy couldve saved him? I'm thinking not, but with how slow burning the fog is, it couldve
been possible.

It was a straight lift of the fog from Catching Fire, so not likely. It's shown in both to cause extreme debilitating pain on contact. Without a suit, there's no way you're He-Manning it through the mist.

Pilli posted:

I saw this time around that Paige Turco and Ian Cusick's chemistry has developed. They seemed way more comfortable with each other as actors than in the previous episodes.

She'll be back, when it is convenient. No body, jumped off a cliff into fog.

Pilli
Jul 3, 2011

Dogs have owners,
cats have staff

Warmachine posted:

She'll be back, when it is convenient. No body, jumped off a cliff into fog.

This makes sense. Although now I'm half-convinced that Charlotte may be back, but not the actual actress playing her. :stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pilli posted:

They're 90% of why I'm watching this. I've had a crush on her since TMNT2 and he was the best part of LOST.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

BeastRAGE posted:

been possible.

The whole fog thing is really really really really dumb. How do the animals that cannot fly fast survive it?

TV!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ded posted:

The whole fog thing is really really really really dumb. How do the animals that cannot fly fast survive it?

TV!

The answer's pretty simple; they don't. Or they've developed mutations that protect them! Sci-fi! Remember this is sort of Fallout meets Hunger Games (who am I kidding, everything is [something] + Hunger Games these days).

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I'd like to see a scene where the two headed deer is trying to escape the fog, but one head wants to go left and the other wants to go right.

In the end, it just stands there consumed by indecision.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Ravane posted:

I'd like to see a scene where the two headed deer is trying to escape the fog, but one head wants to go left and the other wants to go right.

In the end, it just stands there consumed by indecision.

Or a wacky sitcom with a 2 headed talking deer and neither head can ever agree on anything.

Called "Yes, Deer"

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Astroman posted:

Or a wacky sitcom with a 2 headed talking deer and neither head can ever agree on anything.

Called "Yes, Deer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXLzYOvMDNE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Of course Bellamy has two girls in bed.

Edit: Looks like its a mix, Bellamy did it but on orders.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 17, 2014

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
The Chancellor is kind of a refreshing character after the awfulness that is Bellamy. I'm kind of getting tired of him as a character and I hope something changes this episode.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It will be kind of funny if the doctor lady keeps on committing crimes and getting away with it, considering the premise of the show.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Well she gets away with it again. Also I'm glad the space stuff is staying really tense compared to the relationship drama on the planet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I like that Kane is proving himself to not just be outright evil and actually sincere in his beliefs to save the Ark.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Desht posted:

The Chancellor is kind of a refreshing character after the awfulness that is Bellamy. I'm kind of getting tired of him as a character and I hope something changes this episode.

Well, maybe he'll kill himself knowing that he's directly responsible for the deaths of 300 people because he's a self-serving douche.

Unless the show decides it doesn't have enough balls for that in the next 5 minutes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if the Ark even has a way to get everyone on board down to earth. Because I can't see them dragging out the space station stuff too much longer.

edit: I could have sworn one of the hundred said they hope the drop pod had hair conditioner. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 17, 2014

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I wonder if the Ark even has a way to get everyone on board down to earth. Because I can't see them dragging out the space station stuff too much longer.

You would think they'd at least be trying to work on something like that for the past several months, instead of bickering like children over what portion of the population they should be killing off and plotting to execute what appears to be the only onboard doctor for what amounted to back talk. It's not like wiping out those people was going to let the rest of the population live for several more years or anything, it's like a few weeks or so at most, right? So when your only options are "take the population to earth, maybe die" and "stay on the rickety space station, definitely die" I don't really see where this is a difficult decision.

My guess will be that most / everyone on the space station will die by the end of the season (with the possible exception of a couple main characters / more kids making it to Earth to round out the ones they kill of this season), since they wouldn't dare drop the premise of "high school drama on post-apocalyptic Earth" for something more interesting.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
So the grounders are human. Why the hell would they resort to using spears? You'd think there'd be plenty of weapons left over. I'm a bit disappointed that they aren't mutated chimpanzees though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what do you think happens to guns (metal) left for 97 years?
In Revolution they are reduced to being swordsmen after 15 years.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Desht posted:

Probably because he's a much more interesting actor

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

edit: I could have sworn one of the hundred said they hope the drop pod had hair conditioner. :v:

If you look at the space station, they make a point of showing a space shuttle.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

Revolution is a severely retarded show.

Then again, so is this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

raditts posted:

Revolution is a severely retarded show.

Then again, so is this.

I think Revolution is a superior retarded show such as the poising rapists with whiskey scene.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rocksicles posted:

Wait, then how does Bellamy shoot the Chancellor? I sure as hell doubt they have a gun factory on the ark. But if they did, it wouldn't be unreasonable to think at least some gun manufacturers survived on Earth.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:stare:

Do you really need this poo poo spelled out for you?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Wow did this really just execute 320 people this episode?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rocksicles posted:

:stare:

Do you really need this poo poo spelled out for you?

Well, I'm being pedantic, but I do wonder where people are getting the resources to make guns on the Ark. If they're using pieces of the ark itself, well then, we know how this life support problem started in the first place.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Execution implies punishment. This was a consented mass culling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Rocksicles posted:

Execution implies punishment. This was a consented mass culling.

Oh ok :(

• Locked thread